+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An Illusion within the Holographic Universe :confused: Discussion

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Lightbulb An Illusion within the Holographic Universe :confused: Discussion

Some of you will be able to grasp this, most will not.

Our Planet is suppose to be round. Which is a curved surface.
    Therefore, in general terms, whenever we are walking on the surface of the ball, most of the surface under our feet should appear curved downward.

Similar to an ant on a ball.

Now take a look at this beach image and really think about it for a while and ask yourself, how can the water in the distance be always in the distance rising higher than where the viewer stands

Who can see it? Who can't
    Who wishes to explain it?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

nomadguy (4th June 2013), Prodigal Son (5th June 2013), selinam (5th June 2013), soleil (4th June 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Default Re: An Illusion within the Holographic Universe :confused: Discussion

Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)
    Now take a look at this beach image and really think about it for a while and ask yourself, how can the water in the distance be always in the distance rising higher than where the viewer stands
    The camera taking that beach scene was a bit higher altitude than the three women. Lower the camera below the level of the people, and they will seem to rise above a level background.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

aranuk (4th June 2013), seeker/reader (5th June 2013), seko (5th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (4th June 2013), TargeT (5th June 2013), Vitalux (4th June 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    The camera taking that beach scene was a bit higher altitude than the three women. Lower the camera below the level of the people, and they will seem to rise above a level background.
    .:Sorted:.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

aranuk (4th June 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)

What are your thoughts on why in the original image I posted why the background appears to curve up, rather than be similar to your image?

Just kicking around ideas about an observation I see and wondering why I see it that way.
    Even thought I have looked at the horizon all my life from beaches I have never before ever thought about it before.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

selinam (5th June 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

They say the camera never lies but, they do, they distort shrink and or stretch. and depending on the lens also. cameras now have w i d e angle lens's that in my eye distort! Maybe it's down to that? and the subjects arms angles might influence your perception ?
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. Link to Post #6
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    They say the camera never lies but, they do, they distort shrink and or stretch. and depending on the lens also. cameras now have w i d e angle lens's that in my eye distort! Maybe it's down to that? and the subjects arms angles might influence your perception ?
    I have pondered that too...

So I have sat at the beach .....( i live very close to Lake Ontario) and have pondered that question a great deal.

The image that you see is the same thing the naked eye appears to see while standing on the beach.....
    I would have never even considered it ...until I recently started to question about how our minds actually see.

From what I can understand....in order for us to see a far away perspective, that far away distance must "" curl upward" rather than downward.
    Otherwise, looking at any distance ....I would think....would appear like looking near the end of a water fall.

I know it sound wild....but the horizon appears to curve upward while looking a large bodies of water ......or even distant land masses.
    One can always dismiss that far away land masses as viewing the land going up in elevation, but how does that explain large bodies of water.
    They are not suppose to increase in height as we view distance.

Perhaps there is an easy answer for this.

Myself, I am thinking that perhaps, similar to the double slit experiment, I have found something in the holographic universe that is noteworthy of consideration.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

aranuk (4th June 2013), CD7 (5th June 2013), seko (5th June 2013), selinam (5th June 2013), soleil (4th June 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Source... sure makes this illusion, seem real...
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

CD7 (5th June 2013), deridan (4th June 2013), seeker/reader (5th June 2013), Vitalux (4th June 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

You are wondering why we cannot perceive a 'downward curve' on the horizon, as the ant on the ball does. The answer is scale. The Earth is massive and we are, relative to it, very miniscule. If we were large enough, we would see the curve (but to be that big, our heads would probably be in the upper reaches of the Earths atmosphere). Also, on a related note, it is a common misconception that the Earth is spherical in shape, but actually it is elliptical.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

CD7 (5th June 2013), conk (5th June 2013), donk (5th June 2013), seeker/reader (5th June 2013), selinam (5th June 2013), soleil (4th June 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 times in 994 posts

Put your camera at sea level (on a calm day) and see what kind of picture you get. Depending upon your altitude (normally around 10 to 50 ft above sea level) you can see to about a 20 mile radius... this is the approximate number for gauging distance while on a vessel at sea. When you stand above sea level, your view is subject to a perspective viewpoint... the sea seems to 'rise', but in reality the curvature of the earth (and sea) is truly 'down' from where you stand.

You See?

In Unity, Peace and Love
    “A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.”
    - Gandalf (J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Freed Fox (4th June 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Very good point Kindred, it is all the matter of your viewing perspective, not in relation the the actual curvature of distance over miles/area.
    yes the earth is round, it is also ellipsoid and also geoid, so too it seems to be very flat.

One image that really opens to the awe of curviture in relation to cosmos

19. Link to Post #11
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Ok lets try this again.

My point is I am sitting on the beach taking an image of the girl.

Notice the water as the distance increases from the shore appears to increase in elevation.

One theory that might explain this has to do with the holographic universe and that Source creates this perspective of distance otherwise, one would think we would have a problem seeing distance.

I think sirdipswitch understand it.

It took me a life time to see it, and it was only after I started to question what I was seeing.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

selinam (5th June 2013)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I'm with Kindred on this. If a camera is placed right on the surface of the water, the horizon no longer seems to go up. It's perspective. When you are at sea and a ship approaches in the distance, the first part of it you can see is the mast on the horizon. As it comes closer, you will be able to see more of the approaching ship

22. Link to Post #13
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

In reality the mind is organising energy into time and space. (and much more besides)
    For this to happen two eyes are needed-- its the same as triangulation in navigation.
    Without the mind there would be no 3d-- no reference point.
    I am here the sea is there--the horizon is out there.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Vitalux (5th June 2013), Wind (5th June 2013)

24. Link to Post #14
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Ok lets try this again.

My point is I am sitting on the beach taking an image of the girl.

Notice the water as the distance increases from the shore appears to increase in elevation.

One theory that might explain this has to do with the holographic universe and that Source creates this perspective of distance otherwise, one would think we would have a problem seeing distance.

I think sirdipswitch understand it.

It took me a life time to see it, and it was only after I started to question what I was seeing.

Lay down on the ground and see what you see, you are 5-6 feet off the ground, looking down at it, therefore it appears to be different than it is. lay down at water level and you will see a different thing.

Go swim in the ocean & it will not look like this (though even then your head is slightly elevated over a calm sea).

you can draw it out on paper if you want to see how the phenomenon works.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Freed Fox (5th June 2013), selinam (5th June 2013)

26. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

All beaches like the ones in your photos slope downward towards the water but aside from being sloped they are usually pretty flat. So it seems you are standing on a flat surface but it slopes downward creating the rising water illusion.

Ironically, the beach is the best place to look at where the water meets the sky from your far left to your far right to clearly see the curvature of the earth.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

greybeard (5th June 2013), selinam (5th June 2013), TargeT (5th June 2013)

+ Reply to Thread