Thread: For Yahoo and Gmail Users

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,306 times in 18,139 posts

Default For Yahoo and Gmail Users

Discussion on Coast To Coast Am, with George Noory and guest, Katherine Albrecht, privacy expert, explains how the new platform from Yahoo begins this week. Acceptance of conditions means you give permission for automated scanning of email and analyzing of your communication’s content. They store it in a file on you. Gmail is also doing this as well. See quick links and summaries below:

@ 8:39 - Discussion on the US Supreme court ruling on DNA samples can be taken from you.

@ 16:44 - 39:00 - Discussion on how Yahoo users are forced to switched to Yahoos new platform this week. The information is found on Yahoo’s help page. Acceptance of automated scanning of email and analyzing of your communication’s content...

And a warning for all of us that do not use Yahoo, when you write an email to someone else with a Yahoo account, they (company) give themselves the right to take all of your information. They store it in a file on you.

Gmail is also doing this as well. And anyone that writes to a Gmail or Yahoo account, that information is put it in a file they keep that record on you.

Antidote is “Startpage.com”, the most private search engine. Beta testing i.e., “Startmail”, watch for intro video, June 24th.

'Explanation About "enhanced by Google" on Startpage'

Startpage offers you Web search results from Google in complete privacy!

When you search with Startpage, we remove all identifying information from your query and submit it anonymously to Google ourselves. We get the results and return them to you in total privacy.

Your IP address is never recorded, your visit is not logged, and no tracking cookies are placed on your browser. When it comes to protecting your privacy, Startpage runs the tightest ship on the Internet. Our outstanding privacy policy and thoughtful engineering give you great search results in total anonymity.

Here are some of our key features:
    • Free proxy surfing available.
    • Praised by privacy experts worldwide.
    • Fourteen-year company track record.
    • Third-party certified.
    • No IP address recorded.
    • No record is made of your searches.
    • No identifying or tracking cookies used.
    • Connection using powerful SSL encryption.
    To learn more, check out our privacy page and read our privacy policy. We're confident you'll like what you see.

Coast To Coast Am - June 3 2013
    Stonehenge & Dowsing/ Scary Open Lines - C2CAM Daily George Noory

Last edited by RunningDeer; 5th June 2013 at 01:30.

2. The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alan (5th June 2013), AwakeInADream (9th June 2013), Benimal (5th June 2013), bennycog (5th June 2013), BrianEn (5th June 2013), bruno dante (5th June 2013), Bubu (5th June 2013), Calz (5th June 2013), Camilo (5th June 2013), Caren (5th June 2013), christian (5th June 2013), Darla Ken Pearce (6th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (5th June 2013), enfoldedblue (5th June 2013), Finefeather (5th June 2013), genevieve (6th June 2013), ghostrider (5th June 2013), Holly Lindin (5th June 2013), Jean-Marie (5th June 2013), jiminii (5th June 2013), Kraut (5th June 2013), MariaDine (5th June 2013), mosquito (5th June 2013), Neal (5th June 2013), northstar (5th June 2013), penn (6th June 2013), Prodigal Son (5th June 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (6th June 2013), Sidney (5th June 2013), soleil (5th June 2013), Sophocles (5th June 2013), Spiral of Light (5th June 2013), sunflower (5th June 2013), Timreh (5th June 2013), torti (10th June 2013), Vangelo (5th June 2013), we-R-one (5th June 2013), Wind (5th June 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: For Yahoo and Gmail Users

FBI pushes for wiretap-friendly Internet

Published on Jun 4, 2013

A new wiretap bill backed by the FBI has many Internet companies concerned that this new proposed legislation will open the floodgates to all Internet communication. The new motion will expand wiretapping designs significantly and includes the ability for law enforcement to gain access to emails and features like video chats.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (6th June 2013), eric charles (7th June 2013), Kraut (5th June 2013), Timreh (7th June 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

I tried startpage and it says there "enhanced by google" well anyway I will try it again we don\t have much choice anyway. do we?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Art (5th June 2013), bennycog (5th June 2013), RunningDeer (5th June 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by nature (here)
    I tried startpage and it says there "enhanced by google" well anyway I will try it again we don\t have much choice anyway. do we?
    Hi Nature,
    I ran my mouse over the "detail" link and a pop-up came up to explain:

When you search with Startpage, we remove all identifying information from your query and submit it anonymously to Google ourselves. We get the results and return them to you in total privacy.

Your IP address is never recorded, your visit is not logged, and no tracking cookies are placed on your browser. When it comes to protecting your privacy, Startpage runs the tightest ship on the Internet. Our outstanding privacy policy and thoughtful engineering give you great search results in total anonymity. Here are some of our key features:
    • Third-party certified.
    To learn more, check out our privacy page and read our privacy policy. We're confident you'll like what you see.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Holly Lindin (5th June 2013), Kraut (5th June 2013), Rich (5th June 2013), Sophocles (5th June 2013), sunflower (5th June 2013), TargeT (5th June 2013), Timreh (5th June 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Paula, is this ONLY for American users, or Yahoo users worldwide, do you know ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

RunningDeer (5th June 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

One thing I don't understand about Startpage. For example, you go there and type in Project Avalon. Results come up. But then you must select "view by proxy" or do you? If you don't, are you still viewing privately? Because if you do view by proxy, you can't log in and links don't work except by taking you out of viewing by proxy.

So how does it really work?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (6th June 2013), RunningDeer (5th June 2013), Timreh (5th June 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,009 times in 1,932 posts

Quote Posted by Paula (here)
    Discussion on Coast To Coast Am, with George Noory and guest, Katherine Albrecht, privacy expert, explains how the new platform from Yahoo begins this week. Acceptance of conditions means you give permission for automated scanning of email and analyzing of your communication’s content. They store it in a file on you. Gmail is also doing this as well. See quick links and summaries below:

@ 8:39 - Discussion on the US Supreme court ruling on DNA samples can be taken from you.

@ 16:44 - 39:00 - Discussion on how Yahoo users are forced to switched to Yahoos new platform this week. The information is found on Yahoo’s help page. Acceptance of automated scanning of email and analyzing of your communication’s content...

And a warning for all of us that do not use Yahoo, when you write an email to someone else with a Yahoo account, they (company) give themselves the right to take all of your information. They store it in a file on you.

Gmail is also doing this as well. And anyone that writes to a Gmail or Yahoo account, that information is put it in a file they keep that record on you.

Antidote is “Startpage.com”, the most private search engine. Beta testing i.e., “Startmail”, watch for intro video, June 24th.

'Explanation About "enhanced by Google" on Startpage'

Your IP address is never recorded, your visit is not logged, and no tracking cookies are placed on your browser. When it comes to protecting your privacy, Startpage runs the tightest ship on the Internet. Our outstanding privacy policy and thoughtful engineering give you great search results in total anonymity.

Here are some of our key features:
    • Third-party certified.

Coast To Coast Am - June 3 2013
    Stonehenge & Dowsing/ Scary Open Lines - C2CAM Daily George Noory

got another question ...
    how do you save post on this website .. after I tell someone I will look up something for them ... then lose them somewhere in all the posts ...
    must be a way to save post you want to keep

Jim

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminii For This Post:

soleil (5th June 2013), sunflower (5th June 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Quote Posted by nature (here)
    Yes you do

Open a wifi account under a pseudonym

pre pay in cash for top ups

only use that terminal for web surfing and this sort of stuff.

use your standard terminal for normal every day boring stuff

no matter what double blind tech is out there if you are anon while surfing your are better off.

NB

do not use google location or navigative services with this terminal

keep your wifi unit as far as you can from your terminal 15 meters is good.

In order for them to identify you , they need you to be within 1.5 meters of the wifi unit .

re lovcate the unit every month

use a po box for all mail

DO NOT use this for making problems for others , use it to surf anon.

You have the right to surf and be interested in whatever you wish. You do not have the right to limit others right to freedom.

You can start a fake FB page and link it to your fake email addy on this terminal to make it seem legit.

If you have an I phone or similar and your terminal has inbuilt wifi do not them them speak to each other , they will id you as the phone is usually registered.

Most equipment has rfid reading capabilities and will report anything to a central data base. same with your X Box .. same with your CC ... the terminal must be sepperate and only used for this function.

buy an only PC or Lappy from the markets thats been wiped .. establish your fake id on this terminal. then keep it tat way. never use that terminal for things that can be triangulated back to you by association.

Be safe ,be happy , be nice and be

N+N
    =N/N
    @N@

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,827 times in 1,436 posts

Something else I heard Kathryn Albrecht say in an Alex Jones interview....you'll get a wider array of websites when you use www.ixquick.com as opposed to startpage.com - because google filters the information and since you're using a google search engine, you won't get all available info, where ixquick doesn't filter. Maybe sensor could be another word??? Hope I'm explaining it right.
    Last edited by we-R-one; 5th June 2013 at 03:10.

17. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CdnSirian (here)
    One thing I don't understand about Startpage. For example, you go there and type in Project Avalon. Results come up. But then you must select "view by proxy" or do you? If you don't, are you still viewing privately? Because if you do view by proxy, you can't log in and links don't work except by taking you out of viewing by proxy.

So how does it really work?
    Hi CdnSirian,

See graphic below. I've added the pop-up message for "view by proxy". If an "s" is in the address, it is a secure site. You'll find that if, for example, you do on-line banking. I've added something about IP Addresses and a Q&A help link.

Startpage Help Center with index on such things as Q&A and Privacy. This is what they say about IP Addresses:

The IP address that is associated with your search will NOT be recorded. (The only exception is for "abusive" (automated) queriers that rapidly submit many queries to Startpage in a very short time.)

Last edited by RunningDeer; 5th June 2013 at 04:58.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Timreh (5th June 2013)

19. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mariposafe (here)
    Paula, is this ONLY for American users, or Yahoo users worldwide, do you know ?
    I'm not sure, mariposafe. If it were me, I'd consider it worldwide. One example that comes to mind, if someone from England sends me an email, their information will be in my file because I live in America.

Google/Facebook collects data on all their members. If it's not worldwide, I'd assume it'll happen soon enough because it's about controlling the world. Google is meeting around the Bilderberg meetings. My 'guess' is that they'll have that on their agenda.

20. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jiminii (here)

got another question ...
    how do you save post on this website .. after I tell someone I will look up something for them ... then lose them somewhere in all the posts ...

Jim
    Hi Jim, I think I’ve understood your question to say you want to refer someone to a post you made earlier, so you need to create a link for them. If not let me know. See instructions and visual pics below.

How to create a link from a post. Let’s use your post #7 in this example, and the goal is to create a link from a newly created post back to post #7. Either here or on another thread, it’s the same. For now, let’s stay on this thread:
    • Click on “Link to Post #7” on the top, right side of the post.
    • That post lands at the top of the forum page.
    • At the top of the browser, in the “address section” is the address to “copy and paste”.
    • Back at the new post, we’ll use the following example: To check out post #7, please “click here”.
    • Next step is highlight “click here”. Then up go to the menu and click on the globe that says “insert link” when you run your mouse over it.
    • Up pops a menu that states: “Please enter the URL of your link” this is where you paste the address from post #7 where you originally copied.
    This is the address: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post683274

This is the finished link address example: To check out post #7, please “click here”.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 6th June 2013 at 04:01.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Gardener (6th June 2013), soleil (5th June 2013), ThePythonicCow (5th June 2013)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paula (here)

got another question ...

Jim
    Hi Jim, I think I’ve understood your question to say you want to refer someone to a post you made earlier, so you need to create a link for them. If not let me know. See instructions and visual pics below.

How to create a link from a post. Let’s use post your post #7 in this example, and the goal is to create a link from a newly created post back to post #7. Either here or on another thread, it’s the same. For now, let’s stay on this thread:

Click on “Link to Post #7” on the top, right side of the post.
    That post lands at the top of the forum page.
    At the top of the browser, in the “address section” is the address to “copy and paste”.
    Back at the new post, we’ll use the following example: To check out post #7, please “click here”.
    Next step is highlight “click here”. Then up go to the menu and click on the globe that says “insert link” when you run your mouse over it.
    Up pops a menu that states: “Please enter the URL of your link” this is where you paste the address from post #7 where you originally copied.

This is the address: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post683274

This is the finished link address example: To check out post #7, please “click here”.

yes I like to learn that .. but also
    there is so many post and when I want to find one I have to go back through hundreds to find the one I am looking for ...

so how do I save important posts I want to view later /??

jim

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

also ... the newest posts are on the right ... and my time is not same as others so I am probably sleeping when they are awake ...
    so how do I get a list of new post in the last 12 hours?

jim

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminii For This Post:

RunningDeer (5th June 2013), soleil (5th June 2013)

25. Link to Post #15
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

so how do I save important posts I want to view later /??
    You can "bookmark" posts of interest by click on the bookmark () icon below any post.

Then you can go back later and look at the posts you bookmarked using these instructions: How to access your bookmarked threads and posts.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

RunningDeer (5th June 2013), soleil (5th June 2013)

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

is there anyway to collect all the post that relate .. into one area?

jim

28. The Following User Says Thank You to jiminii For This Post:

29. Link to Post #17
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

jim
    If I understand your question - no - there is no way to collect posts.

Posts are on whatever thread they are on.

We do what we can to keep threads on-topic .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

31. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

also ... the newest posts are on the right ... and my time is not same as others so I am probably sleeping when they are awake ...
    so how do I get a list of new post in the last 12 hours?

jim
    Just keep scrolling. If you get to the end of the page there are more pages that follow. You see this at the bottom right:

¤=[Post Update]=¤

jim
    You can cut and paste.

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)

jim
    If I understand your question - no - there is no way to collect posts.

Posts are on whatever thread they are on.

We do what we can to keep threads on-topic .
    is it possible to pull everything from murder of LRH and miracle of LRH on to the original LRH L Ron Hubbard?

33. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Thanks Paula, Time to get rid of my yahoo account. How Dare They. So lovely of them to kindly store my own documents for me. (sarcasm)

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast