+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: My Almost Zero Success At Awakening People - Advice Needed

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    earth * planet Hell hole without a Heart. Move the H to the end and get planet without H-eart.Earth
    Thanks

Default My Almost Zero Success At Awakening People - Advice Needed

Hi All,

I'm very confused and need advice.

I have been trying to wake people up over the past couple of years. I point out the chemtrails, try to tell people about the scientific evidence. Try to tell people about the shadow govt, cancer cure coverups, GMO..and all i get from people when i try to tell them the truth is a blank zombie stare as if i had five heads.

Can someone please advise me on what works.

I have been working on my mom now for 6 years. No matter how many whistleblower testimonial videos i have her watch, she still forgets about them and goes back to thinking that nothing is happening. I show her evidence after evidence and still she repeats the same fake stories that the govt gives us no matter how hard the evidence I show her. I'm at a loss.

Not only do i get blank stares but i get extreme arrogance and laughter..like yeah right, and even evil energy of annoyance or hate towards me from family members.

Here are some sheeple responses:

"There are No GMO's in NJ".

"If it were true it would be in the news"

"They are not using actors in false flag news reports, now i really think you are crazy" (after I show proof)

"how do i know the whistleblower really is who he/she says they are"

"Rothschilds are Jewish, they wouldn't do something like that and harm people. I KNOW MY JEWISH PEOPLE"

"He/she is an anti-semite according to the news, I'm not going to listen to them" (after explaining anti-zionism isn't antisemitism)

"Chemtrails are for weather modification only" after hearing evidence from whistleblowers of military cancer viruses and dessicated red blood cells ... the sheeple repeats "It's just for weather modification". End of conversation.

"Why don't you concentrate on good things. Just forget about this stuff and stop looking at it, stop researching, it's bad for you" (said by someone who has apathy about what they are doing to people)

"You shouldn't show anger" (This person accepts the govt murdering people, but is more concerned that I shouldn't show angry or emotions that people have apathy over murdering innocent people)

"You know you are wasting your life" (said by someone who spends life playing bridge with friends and has never had one concern about what is happening in the world or cares about helping anyone)

" ....................... " (No response, accompanied by typical zombie stare before walking away)

"That whistleblower is a fraud for saying we are being sprayed with poisons, I even called the military " (yes, said by ignorant brother !!!!! )

ONE PERSON, SUCCESS!

"Yes, I knew something was weird with 9/11. I knew those planes didn't take down those towers"......(YEAH! I had one success from a woman who i met feeding squirrels on the street! A kindred animal loving soul.)

-------------------

Another disturbing thing is the apathy. I keep asking "how can you not care that people are being murdered all the time". And the response is..."People die, it happens". This type of response is soooo deranged to me, i wonder why i even came to this planet in the first place. Where beings are so deranged that they have such disregard for life.

Please tell me that i'm the sane one!!!?? As i cannot let it go that there is mass murdering all the time. It deeply disturbs me that i know that i cannot ignore it. I try to awaken as many people as possible all the time (although with little success). I cannot stop researching or wanting to know more truth. I find all the typical matrix stuff a complete bore (zzzzzzzzz!). I'm told i need to get out more and hang out with "my kind". Uhh... I don't think that is what i'm here for. I think waking up the snoozing masses is more important then being a part of a herd mentality.

My hope is that when i try to wake up people, i plant the seed, and in the future, someone remembers my message. and say UH huh! I get it now!

I feel for anyone going through my situation with my mom. I know that the financial collapse will wipe out any savings that senior citizens have if they are in the dollar that is collapsing. And they will probably not gain it back. I have been ruthlessly trying to wake up my mom to save her in that regard. And all i get back is complete mental abuse from her. Telling me that i'm wasting my life worrying about these things, and i should just have fun and enjoy and who cares about the future. ???!! I say but what will you do when the dollar collapses and she says arrogantly that "I will live on the streets then" and arrogantly marches away in a mightier then vow attitude as someone who has never gone hungry a day in her life and finds staying at a hotel that less then 3 stars is beneath her because of the icky people who also stay there.

Honestly, I'm feeling that being in this insane world is driving me insane. I really need some R&R after this life. I really can't wait for the needed vacation. I swear, this is my last time on one these "juvenile delinquent" planets.

If any of you are having success, please tell me your strategy. Maybe i'm trying to awaken people who are too far gone, chemically lobotomized.

By the way, my mom who I have been trying to awaken to save her from the financial devastation. When i try to tell her things, her face contorts and looks like she is under the influence of some energy. Her one eye shuts close and her mouth pulls to the right and a bulge appears on the left side of her face. It's like shape shifting or something. Could this be some dark energy attachment? She stands there all contorted, staring at me like a zombie. It's sooo freaky. I feel i'm in the presence of evil.

2. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 times in 352 posts

Default Re: My Almost Zero Success At Awakening People - Advice Needed

I feel your frustration my Friend , I have given up a Long time ago .

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eric charles For This Post:

Camilo (26th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), soleil (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,483 times in 2,851 posts

There is a programming, yes. It has been called many names over time.

Don't try so hard. Relax. Let synchronicity and genuine curiosity lead people to you.

It could be considered an energetic imposition to attempt to force cognitive dissonance. Find the truth for yourself and, if people ask or if it comes up in conversation, share information sparingly, only proceeding if there is genuine interest.

Running up against people's programming is engaging inserts, implants and other malignant codings that become ingrained over a lifetime.

As shown in the Matrix Construct scene, when confronted with what lies beyond the false holographic reality, even the One underwent a bout of vomiting and lack of acceptance of the relative truth of the human situation.

In the unreal world around us, it is unrealistic to expect more. For most, it will take the complete destruction of the paradigmatic metanarrative for them to be forced by life and, therefore, the Cosmos, into cognitive dissonance and the re-arranging of their perspectives and belief system.

Love your mom, understand her dilemma and proceed gently. Bless.
    Last edited by Mark; 6th June 2013 at 19:33.

5. The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Arak (29th June 2013), Benimal (6th June 2013), Black Panther (6th June 2013), Bongo (6th June 2013), ceetee9 (7th June 2013), christian (6th June 2013), Christine (6th June 2013), Davidallany (7th June 2013), DeDukshyn (6th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), deridan (7th June 2013), donk (6th June 2013), Eram (7th June 2013), fourty-two (7th June 2013), gardunk (7th June 2013), gigha (8th June 2013), gord (4th June 2016), greybeard (6th June 2013), Hawkwind (6th June 2013), Hazel (28th June 2013), Hervé (6th June 2013), Holly Lindin (7th June 2013), jagman (6th June 2013), Jake (6th June 2013), jjjones (7th June 2013), karamba (11th June 2013), karelia (6th June 2013), Lazlo (6th June 2013), Limor Wolf (6th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), noprophet (6th June 2013), Nothingness (7th June 2013), Ol' Roy (8th June 2013), Orph (7th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), Rosieposie (7th June 2013), sandy (6th June 2013), soleil (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), TargeT (6th June 2013), Timreh (7th June 2013), toothpick (7th June 2013), Wind (6th June 2013), witchy1 (7th June 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Another1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 times in 258 posts

You could be one of the naturals who never had to question making the leap down the rabbit hole and turning your back on 'reality' - for the average person on the street, to wake up could mean destruction of all they know. Tis easier to ignore you or deny your words than to take such a step.

Was it ever a 'risk' to you? It was for me briefly as the least vestiges of religion began to slip. A well programmed child in me actually worried for a moment of the lightening bolt coming to strike me down. When the chit is beat into you from birth it does leave an impression.

The people on the road behind who saw my choices see that I lost everything. They think it's kewt that I am still happy-go-lucky with attitude for most part but they sure as hell will not make my 'mistake' and jeapordize their possible retirement in heaven, job, lifestyle and family, just to explore a rabbit hole.

We CAN plant seeds and water them but to try and 'push' usually backfires I think.

7. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Another1 For This Post:

Bongo (6th June 2013), ceetee9 (7th June 2013), christian (6th June 2013), Christine (6th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), Gardener (6th June 2013), gord (4th June 2016), Hazel (28th June 2013), Heart-2-Heart (6th June 2013), Jake (6th June 2013), jjjones (7th June 2013), karelia (6th June 2013), Kraut (14th June 2013), Lazlo (6th June 2013), Limor Wolf (6th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), Orph (7th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), soleil (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), syrwong (6th June 2013), TargeT (6th June 2013), Wind (6th June 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Vilcabamba,, Hello! First of all, you have to remember that it is not your responsibility to wake anyone up. It is ones own responsibility. One of the biggest problems is that folks simply do not have the courage to face themselves. That is what is required for someone to accept this stuff. It is easier for many folks to simply deny anything that will challenge their paradigm, because it will force them to look within themselves and face down the fear/confusion that has them shackled. Many folks will take to this type of information with ease,,, others,,, not so much. I have had mixed results with trying to 'wake people up'... Every single one of us has to deal with this at one level or another.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink!!

The best way to go about it is to INSPIRE people to WANT to know what you are talking about. Live with joy, and folks will begin to wonder what it is that you know!!! And when they ask,, tell them. It is also a personal journey... I was (and still am) trying to wake people up,,, all the while, I have a long way to go myself. And that is okay!! You cannot force a change in the world,,, but you CAN change YOUR world,,, and when you do, watch how much difference a little inspiration can make, and how naturally the world changes around you!!

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

9. The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

4evrneo (7th June 2013), Another1 (6th June 2013), Benimal (6th June 2013), Bongo (6th June 2013), Carmody (7th June 2013), ceetee9 (7th June 2013), chocolate (26th June 2013), christian (6th June 2013), Christine (6th June 2013), Davidallany (7th June 2013), DeDukshyn (6th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), EarthMan (6th June 2013), eric charles (7th June 2013), fourty-two (7th June 2013), Gardener (6th June 2013), gigha (8th June 2013), Hervé (6th June 2013), Holly Lindin (7th June 2013), jjjones (7th June 2013), karelia (6th June 2013), Kraut (8th June 2013), Lazlo (6th June 2013), Limor Wolf (6th June 2013), Mark (6th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), noprophet (6th June 2013), Ol' Roy (8th June 2013), Orph (7th June 2013), PHARAOH (6th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (7th June 2013), Rosieposie (7th June 2013), sandy (6th June 2013), soleil (6th June 2013), Strat (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), syrwong (6th June 2013), TargeT (6th June 2013), Vitalux (7th June 2013), Wind (6th June 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member jsb_swampfox's Avatar
    Thanks

I think by nature, people want to believe in what they think they know and what they are fed by mainstream society. This makes it very hard to "awaken" most people. I have found that it takes time and patience with most people. Start slow, dont go from chem-trails, to 911 in one conversation. stick to one thing at a time and coax them to research the info you just gave them for themselves. You will run into to a few that are fascinated by the new info and start their own awakening from that first conversation with them. Those are few and far between. Thanks for the thread and frustration is the name of the "conspiracy game".....
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

11. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to jsb_swampfox For This Post:

Another1 (6th June 2013), Bongo (6th June 2013), ceetee9 (7th June 2013), christian (6th June 2013), Christine (6th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), deridan (7th June 2013), Holly Lindin (7th June 2013), Jake (6th June 2013), jjjones (7th June 2013), karelia (6th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), Orph (7th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), soleil (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), TargeT (6th June 2013), Wind (6th June 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,159 times in 2,962 posts

Gotta respect free-will. You can point on obvious things, but if others choose to suspend logic, all you can do then is have compassion for the state they're in and smile... how else could you deal with those things, if not with humor?

Go with the flow, don't get caught up with blockheads. I think you help those the most, when you just leave them alone after they'd discard your insights. I think just smiling at them and leaving has the highest probability for facilitating any wake-up after all. Radiate the fact that you truly have their best interests at heart and that you completly honor their free-will at the same time.

Be patient, with some people things just move very slowly. If someone would admit after years that 9-11 was an inside job, that can be a success. On the other hand, trying to push others can harden them up even more.

And last but not least, lead by example. Make decisions and a living based on what you consider to be right. And then after years, when your ways have proven to be successful, others will be more open to communicate with you.
    Last edited by christian; 6th June 2013 at 19:33.

13. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

Another1 (6th June 2013), Benimal (6th June 2013), Bongo (6th June 2013), Christine (6th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), fourty-two (7th June 2013), Hervé (6th June 2013), Holly Lindin (7th June 2013), Jake (6th June 2013), jjjones (7th June 2013), karamba (11th June 2013), karelia (6th June 2013), Lazlo (6th June 2013), Limor Wolf (6th June 2013), Mark (6th June 2013), Muzz (23rd August 2015), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), Nothingness (7th June 2013), Orph (7th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), seeker/reader (6th June 2013), soleil (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), TargeT (6th June 2013), Wind (6th June 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 times in 713 posts

Never try to hard by forcing your beliefs onto the person. You can help only those who heed. For those who don't, you have sold a seed of awareness, and when they hear the story again, they will think a little.

It helps always not to go too deep for beginners. Tell them you think are the most convincing stories, with plenty of "evidence", with some MSM reports etc. There must be a lot of these, because the elites always want to tell you a little. It is only ethical.

15. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

Another1 (6th June 2013), Bongo (6th June 2013), Christine (6th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), Heart-2-Heart (6th June 2013), Holly Lindin (7th June 2013), Jake (6th June 2013), jjjones (7th June 2013), karamba (11th June 2013), karelia (6th June 2013), Lazlo (6th June 2013), mischief (12th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), Orph (7th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), Wind (6th June 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

This is the kind of things you are running into:

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    [...]

Hypnosis gives the key as to how implanters work out their implants and mind-control the future behaviour of their victims:

Quote The only other time I have personally witnessed what I saw in my son was a time years ago when a friend of mine was hypnotized by her brother in front of me and her boyfriend. Her brother asked me what I would like him to have her do after he woke her up. I wanted to see if she would repeat something that she would considered silly under normal circumstances. I said, have her get up and flush the toilet every time you tug at your collar.

So he gave her the command, then woke her up. He tugged his collar, she got up, went into the bathroom and flushed the toilet, came back and sat down. He tugged his collar again, and she did it again. And again. After three or four times, I finally asked her why she kept getting up to flush the toilet.

First, she just said it needed flushing. She did it again. And again, I asked her why she kept flushing the toilet. Each time I asked her, she would make up some lame reason as to why she had to flush the toilet.

She got more and more annoyed at me for asking, but she did it again and again upon command and could never see that there was anything strange about it.

Her brother hypnotized her once more to release her of the command, but what an amazing thing to have witnessed.

This is what I saw in my son. He could not answer a simple question but only parrot the party line.
    [...]
    When one gets an inkling that this kind of hypnotic implantation of behaviour and marching orders have been going on for eons on this planet (see this thread:MATRIX REVEALED -- Analysis & Solutions) one can get an idea of the size of the task.

As Simon Parkes put it in one of his interview, paraphrasing one of his ET friends he was disagreeing with about abductions: "They are not supposed to remember!"
    Last edited by Hervé; 6th June 2013 at 20:01.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

17. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (26th July 2018), Another1 (6th June 2013), Benimal (6th June 2013), Bill Ryan (23rd August 2015), Billy (23rd August 2015), Bongo (6th June 2013), Christine (6th June 2013), Constance (18th April 2019), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), Elainie (23rd August 2015), Holly Lindin (7th June 2013), karelia (6th June 2013), Limor Wolf (26th December 2015), Marianne (23rd August 2015), Mark (6th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), RunningDeer (3rd May 2016), Smell the Roses (13th July 2018), soleil (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), Valerie Villars (29th May 2018)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

Lately I've been having a lot of success by just staying calm and making sure that I articulate confidently and accurately, as if I "know". I only give them verifiable facts that they can check out for themselves on Wikipedia. I try to put together dots that can be easily connected. I try not to overwhelm them with too much, which requires stopping myself. That's when they start asking their own questions. I always end it off by telling them not to just believe me but to do their own research.... and finally, by telling them to google George Carlin "Who Really Controls America"... where he will sum up everything I just said in 3 minutes flat.

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

Another1 (6th June 2013), Benimal (6th June 2013), Bongo (6th June 2013), ceetee9 (7th June 2013), Christine (6th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), deridan (7th June 2013), Holly Lindin (7th June 2013), karelia (6th June 2013), Lazlo (6th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), Ol' Roy (8th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), Wind (6th June 2013), witchy1 (7th June 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

oooh amzer zo, made me think of those things in dr who, where in the storyline, the characters would see these crazy scary beings but when they turned around, they would forgot completely. after they realized, they soon started counting with marks on their body to track/count how many times, how many there were....AH!

vilcabamba the only advice that i have, is to live by example. share what you can and only answer questions when they arise. instead of pushing opinion on others.
    cuz i tried, no one wants to wake up AT ALL. my mom included, and shes got some dangerous entities on her im sure.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

Another1 (6th June 2013), Benimal (6th June 2013), Bongo (6th June 2013), Christine (6th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), Heart-2-Heart (6th June 2013), Hervé (6th June 2013), Holly Lindin (7th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013)

22. Link to Post #12
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 times in 898 posts

Hi vilcabamba,

You've already got some great advice on this thread. I want to say that your perception of "almost zero success" may be a little premature. You can sow the seed, and you're obviously doing that, but it's up to the seed when to germinate, and some just take a damn long time. 10, 12 years is not unusual for that kind of seed to germinate, at least from my own experience.

Also, I learned (the hard way) over the years that this kind of thing is often much easier to do with humour rather than a doom-and-gloom attitude. If you try to ram the truth down their throats, no matter how much it matters to you or how much you care about someone (which is exactly the reason you point all these problems out to them I suppose), if they're not ready to listen, they will dismiss anything you say, no matter how much proof you show them. On the other hand, a little comment, preferably a humorous one, here and there, will probably germinate the seed sooner.

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 times in 365 posts

Essentially, people who want to wake up will, and you can help in that process by sharing what you’ve learned. People who don’t want to wake up won’t, and the harder you try to make them the more resistance they create. This is especially true if you seem frustrated, angry, depressed, fearful, etc. Also, if you ask someone to open their eyes and then only show them the problems and horrors in the world, they’re not likely to keep their eyes open or be willing to look at what you want to show them in the future.

The old social order is collapsing. Instead of putting our energy into examining how rotten the old fruit is, suggest we focus on helping the seed inside sprout. Instead of fighting the old system, let’s build a new system which makes the old one obsolete and irrelevant.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hawkwind For This Post:

Benimal (6th June 2013), Bongo (6th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), gord (4th June 2016), Holly Lindin (7th June 2013), karelia (6th June 2013), Lazlo (6th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (6th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (7th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), Wind (6th June 2013)

25. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by karelia (here)
    You've already got some great advice on this thread. I want to say that your perception of "almost zero success" may be a little premature. You can sow the seed, and you're obviously doing that, but it's up to the seed when to germinate, and some just take a damn long time. 10, 12 years is not unusual for that kind of seed to germinate, at least from my own experience.
    Several years ago I argued with my 17 year old neighbor for 2+ hours when he was trying to tell me about this stuff one day. I just wouldn't listen, and tried in turn to convince him how important the war on terror was for instance. A couple years later I began rehashing that conversation in my head, and decided to go online to investigate for myself to prove him wrong once and for all.

Well, guess what the results were of me taking that step to put the young man in his place? I eventually washed up here on the shores of Avalon. (LOL)

By the way, I pulled him aside some time later and thanked him. Those seeds really can sprout, but like others have said here, don't force them, and above all keep a good sense of humor.

Cheers,
    Fred

26. Link to Post #15
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

My friend.
    If you get intensely frustrated endangers start to doubt yourself.
    Ever happened to me.
    No matter how many proofs and certainties that you have already identified over the whole complex of the Matrix, the frustration can make you think ... 'Am I crazy even as they tell me?'.
    So, do not blame yourself for the apparent lack of results.
    Make a difference being a light for example.
    It is not your fault that the world is in this situation and that people do not realize.
    Hug.

Quote It's much easier to kill a phantom than killing a reality.
    Virginia Woolf

27. Link to Post #16
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,606 times in 21,525 posts

Quote Posted by vilcabamba (here)
    Can someone please advise me on what works.
    I find my relatives don't mind my weird views ... just so long as I am quite willing to chuckle along with them in contented amusement at how weird my views are.

Most of us just like a little space to be whatever we are, and appreciate others enjoying our presence, whatever that might be. So I give them that space, am glad to know them, and am happy to agree with them on the weirdness.

The underlying key is to completely separate the essence of who one is from what views one has. This is probably a bit easier when you've lived long enough, and held enough diverse and conflicting views on things, to realize that one's views are not one's essence. Rather one's views are more like a suit of clothes, the reasonable best one can do at the time, given what hangs in one's closet of understandings and awarenesses, to dress up one's intuitions in a presentable fashion.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

28. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Benimal (6th June 2013), Carmody (7th June 2013), ceetee9 (7th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), Heart-2-Heart (6th June 2013), Hervé (6th June 2013), jagman (6th June 2013), karelia (6th June 2013), Lazlo (6th June 2013), Marianne (25th August 2015), Mark (6th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (7th June 2013), northstar (7th June 2013), Nothingness (7th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), Valerie Villars (29th May 2018), Wind (6th June 2013)

29. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Lazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,735 times in 581 posts

Playing Devil's advocate here, so go easy on the impending flaming, this is a thought exercise only:

How do you KNOW it is your job to wake people up?

How do you KNOW that you are right and they are wrong?

What if you were to "wake someone up" and they changed their beliefs, ending up losing a job or getting a divorce...and then you discovered that you weren't right about everything after all. Is that responsibility now on your shoulders?

What if you are a little bit right? Say, for instance, about the new age belief that we all incarnate here to work through karmic issues / spiritual evolution. You are getting in the way by waking them up!
    Just because I took the red pill, it doesn't mean that I washed it down with the koolaid

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lazlo For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), deridan (7th June 2013), jagman (6th June 2013), mischief (12th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (7th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), Wind (6th June 2013)

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 times in 676 posts

More and more I'm beginning to think this is a place, this reality, that you cycle through. You don't get to cycle the whole place up with you though.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

Carmody (7th June 2013), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (7th June 2013)

33. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,585 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by vilcabamba (here)
    "Why don't you concentrate on good things. Just forget about this stuff and stop looking at it, stop researching, it's bad for you" ...

Honestly, I'm feeling that being in this insane world is driving me insane. I really need some R&R after this life. I really can't wait for the needed vacation. I swear, this is my last time on one these "juvenile delinquent" planets.

If any of you are having success, please tell me your strategy. Maybe i'm trying to awaken people who are too far gone, chemically lobotomized.
    Small doses. (To me, this is a huge key.) Cognitive dissonance is a tough nut to crack - if cracked at all. YOU won't awaken anyone - THEY will awaken themselves. You are merely a catalyst, not a magician. Supply just a little bit less information than they need to even form ONE new thought. Allow their brain to complete the thought, or to ask for more, or to walk around with the feeling that they almost know something (this disconcerting feeling may prompt them to search.)

With certain people, you could try telling them something, and when they react badly, explain that it is OK, you apologize, and that you realize it is difficult information to comprehend. Then graciously depart. (No animosity.) It really bothers some people if THEY believe they were just hit with a concept they are not smart enough to understand - and they may pursue it.

Try this approach: Ask them a hypothetical question. For example, tell them that you're aware that GMO food as well as Roundup caused cancer in rats in a scientific study, but that one of your friends asked if you thought it was OK to go ahead and feed their child with GMO food and that you're debating scaring them with the real scientific data, or just being quiet. Ask them what they would do.

Never talk about anything you merely suspect or believe is true, but for which you have no solid proof. (For example, aliens in underground bases.) These ALWAYS backfire. Stick to subjects that you can prove, or where you can at least offer solid evidence.

This one is hard for me, even though I have a good sense of humor: note how incredibly effective Bill Hicks and George Carlin are, using humor to inject truth. If you can do some of that, great. (If not, send them your selection of the best - short - Bill Hicks and George Carlin videos, one at a time.)

It would be nice if we could just be utterly blunt and honest with everyone, but remember the brainwashing that got them to where they are was not honest -they used every trick in Edward Bernays' playbook and even gave them "tools" to deal with nutcases like you (and me) that want to blurt out the truth: we then become the butt of the joke, the "conspiracy {chuckle, chuckle} theorist."

Some will react by pulling the covers over their head. You cannot fix this. They are not ready.

Take it slow, and be a loving, compassionate, emotionally even-keeled person. This makes it harder for them to hang the conspiracy nutcase tag on you.

And, good luck.

Dennis

34. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

ceetee9 (7th June 2013), Hawkwind (6th June 2013), Holly Lindin (7th June 2013), Jake (9th June 2013), Lazlo (6th June 2013), Mark (6th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (7th June 2013), noprophet (6th June 2013), northstar (7th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), Rosieposie (7th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013), syrwong (7th June 2013), The Truth Is In There (11th June 2013), toothpick (7th June 2013), Valerie Villars (29th May 2018), Wind (6th June 2013)

35. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

The very sad fact is that most people are not equipped to deal with negativity. They view this as negative and they cannot cope. No one wants to hear the ugly truth. In reality? They are god like ( not as in productions). They cannot process the negativity and require multiple levels of planetary evolution to filter out the negative. Begs the question though.... what kind of god would create a reality without being able to accept the ramifications of said reality? Coward? Elitist? Juvenile? Human? They are created in "his" image. Perhaps this means denial, vengeful, and self serving.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (7th June 2013), Prodigal Son (6th June 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th June 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast