+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1250 pdf's, complete books, pamflets, manuals, tips regarding survival and off grid living.

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default 1250 pdf's, complete books, pamflets, manuals, tips regarding survival and off grid living.

This is a double post, I also posted them in the e books thread because they are e books, imo they also belong in this section of the forum, if that's not okay, mods please remove.

About 2.5 gigs of Survival PDF's, whole books, manuals, pamflets, gardening instructions, fallout instructions, field surgery, water purification, stoves, fire, dentistry, family survival, natural remedies, plants, animals, eatables, hygiene, sowing and harvesting calendars, shelter and then some, some may be double, downloaded without problem, scan them again when you get them in, I bought a new e reader just to store this and a Waka Waka solar charger ( not affiliated but google the damn thing please, fuels tablets too and is a small portable package) to keep it charged at all times, beats hauling around 1250 books, manuals, pamflets any day of the week, that's about the amount of info in the below links. There must be thousands of hours of research invested in finding these files by some or rather a lot of people, thank you who ever you are.

They are zipped btw, if you click the links you can download immediately.

http://bit.ly/armageddononline
    http://bit.ly/urbansurvivalsite
    http://bit.ly/paleoprepping
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th July 2013 at 15:12. Reason: added link to the e-books thread

2. Link to Post #2
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

Default Re: 1250 pdf's, complete books, pamflets, manuals, tips regarding survival and off grid living.

This link takes me to the Google log in screen?

Why the need to record the identity of those interested in these documents?
    What part is Avalon playing in this data capture?

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Default Re: 1250 pdf's, complete books, pamflets, manuals, tips regarding survival and off grid living.

Quote Posted by Snoweagle (here)

That's where 778 neighbour of some guy chose to upload the files. If you choose not to download from Google, that's a reasonable choice.

Other than providing a forum where the posts in this thread could be posted and read, Avalon is not an active participant in this.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (7th June 2013), Griff (7th June 2013), william r sanford72 (8th July 2013)

5. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Snoweagle (here)

That's where 778 neighbour of some guy chose to upload the files. If you choose not to download from Google, that's a reasonable choice.

Other than providing a forum where the posts in this thread could be posted and read, Avalon is not an active participant in this.
    It was good question btw, and I could download this directly through the links and did not upload the files myself, it was just a copy and paste link job from me to the OP, I myself was not directed through a google log in, Avalon has no stake in this data capture, neither do I for that matter, its up to you to download or not, in any case these files may be taken off the web, thats why I posted the links here, to share the documents, no small print, no scam, no deception from my part whatsoever. Again, Avalon has no stake in capturing your data as far as I know, Paul said not uploading from google is a reasonable choice, its also a quite reasonable anwser.

I am at work now so I do not have acces to the files, they are on my computer zipped up, my e reader will not hook up to my work pc ( closed system),I will make an attempt tomorrow to post the files, I have to figure out how to do that first, ill probably be sandboxing tomorow.

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by 778 neighbour of some guy (here)
    This is a double post, I also posted them in the e books thread because they are e books, imo they also belong in this section of the forum, if that's not okay, mods please remove.

About 2.5 gigs of Survival PDF's, whole books, manuals, pamflets, gardening instructions, fallout instructions, field surgery, water purification, stoves, fire, dentistry, family survival, natural remedies, plants, animals, eatables, hygiene, sowing and harvesting calendars, shelter and then some, some may be double, downloaded without problem, scan them again when you get them in, I bought a new e reader just to store this and a Waka Waka solar charger ( not affiliated but google the damn thing please, fuels tablets too and is a small portable package) to keep it charged at all times, beats hauling around 1250 books, manuals, pamflets any day of the week, that's about the amount of info in the below links. There must be thousands of hours of research invested in finding these files by some or rather a lot of people, thank you who ever you are.

Many thanks for this.

But on all three links, when accessing Google Drive, I get this message:

Can you assist? (Do I need to register specially for Google Drive? I'm not a Google Plus member, and don't really want to sign up unless I absolutely have to.)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (9th July 2013)

8. Link to Post #6
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks

It is asking permission. this permission is going to come from 780 neighbor or some one else ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mevlana For This Post:

10. Link to Post #7
    Norway Senior Administrator Tommy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 times in 371 posts

Thanks, though I am getting the "Request access" message as well.

If you already have the files downloaded, could you perhaps re-upload too say dropbox.com?

Here is how you can set up a public folder without having the "google issue":
    https://www.dropbox.com/help/274/en
    https://www.dropbox.com/help/19/en

Cheers

Edit to add:

Quote Can you assist? (Do I need to register specially for Google Drive? I'm not a Google Plus member, and don't really want to sign up unless I absolutely have to.)
    I signed in with my google business account (paid) with google drive, and I still got the prompt about having to request access. So it is a setting set by the publisher (access rule, maybe from specific countries as I know that is a setting as well)
    Last edited by Tommy; 8th July 2013 at 16:35.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy For This Post:

12. Link to Post #8
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Many thanks for this.

But on all three links, when accessing Google Drive, I get this message:

Can you assist? (Do I need to register specially for Google Drive? I'm not a Google Plus member, and don't really want to sign up unless I absolutely have to.)
    I believe you can just download these from a g mail account, it did for me with no problem, I tried to send them to you via google drive, but the uploading via my cheap netbook did not work, I believe I mentioned this in another thread already, Paul said he experienced no problem with the downloading too, he had/ has a gmail account that he was logged on on If I remember correct, try again when you are logged on to g mail or create an account, just close the account when are done downloading if you don't like to be spied on by the NSA, on the other hand, I doubt there is anything interesting for them in those files.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by mevlana (here)
    It is asking permission. this permission is going to come from 780 neighbor or some one else ?
    You do not have to have my permission, these files are not mine, I did not post those documents, I just downloaded them, being logged in on my gmail account seemed to do the trick quite easy.

13. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by seeingterra (here)

If you already have the files downloaded, could you perhaps re-upload too say dropbox.com?

Cheers

Edit to add:

Quote Can you assist? (Do I need to register specially for Google Drive? I'm not a Google Plus member, and don't really want to sign up unless I absolutely have to.)
    I signed in with my google business account (paid) with google drive, and I still got the prompt about having to request access. So it is a setting set by the publisher (access rule, maybe from specific countries as I know that is a setting as well)
    I made a dropbox account, to share the files but it says the files are to large, it seems I cannot upload them there to share, all of this is somewhat strange to be honest, I downloaded the files with no problem what so ever and know NOTHING about computer besides I am sitting behind one now and I did get the files without a hitch, maybe Paul can help out in this matter, he also downloaded the files to my understanding, maybe he knows a way around it.

Sorry I cant help out folks, I gave it my best shot here, don't know if its useful to have the thread then, when so far only a few people were able to download.

14. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Sorry I cant help out folks, I gave it my best shot here,...
    If you have a good internet upload speed and if you are able to leave your computer running non stop for a day or two (depending on the file size and your internet speed) you can use bittorrent sync.

Setup is very easy. Once you do it, you let others (who also need bittorrent sync) know the secret and they will get the file from you and anyone else that will download it from you. File transfers are encrypted.

http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/sync.html

A word of caution before you play - any change done to the shared files by anyone with the same secret will inflict the change on everyone else with the same secret.

15. Link to Post #11
    Norway Senior Administrator Tommy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 times in 371 posts

Cheers

Edit to add:

I made a dropbox account, to share the files but it says the files are to large, it seems I cannot upload them there to share, all of this is somewhat strange to be honest, I downloaded the files with no problem what so ever and know NOTHING about computer besides I am sitting behind one now and I did get the files without a hitch, maybe Paul can help out in this matter, he also downloaded the files to my understanding, maybe he knows a way around it.

Sorry I cant help out folks, I gave it my best shot here, don't know if its useful to have the thread then, when so far only a few people were able to download.
    Hmm.. That is strange indeed. I use dropbox for uploading radio shows I produce, and they can get pretty big. Then some are saying they can access, some can't.
    Confusing..

Does it help if I provide an FTP that can be uploaded too?

Thanks for trying

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy For This Post:

17. Link to Post #12
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Cheers

Edit to add:

Hmm.. That is strange indeed. I use dropbox for uploading radio shows I produce, and they can get pretty big. Then some are saying they can access, some can't.
    Confusing..

Does it help if I provide an FTP that can be uploaded too?

Thanks for trying
    Help me out here man, what is an FTP, if that will work i'll be happy to accept your help in this matter, the way i see it these books etc can be pretty helpfull for becoming less dependant and more self sufficient, that is why I wanted this big body of knowledge here in the first place.

18. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

I tried the original links, and when I clicked "Request access" it said a request was sent. Haven't heard anything back....
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th July 2013)

20. Link to Post #14
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by alamojo (here)
    I tried the original links, and when I clicked "Request access" it said a request was sent. Haven't heard anything back....
    I am sorry for that, i am trying to make this work for everybody, it worked for me, if that would not have been the case i would not have started the thread.

21. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by alamojo (here)
    I am sorry for that, i am trying to make this work for everybody, it worked for me, if that would not have been the case i would not have started the thread.
    These appear to be some very useful files, some of which might come in handy in various "difficult situations."

I shrank these three archives from a total of about 2.2 to 1.4 GBytes, by deleting duplicated files and some irrelevant MAC OS X system files.

I then uploaded them to my server:
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 10th July 2013 at 10:09.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (14th July 2013), Alan (10th July 2013), Aurelius (10th July 2013), Bill Ryan (10th July 2013), Bob (2nd October 2013), gripreaper (15th July 2013), kanishk (11th July 2013), Laura Elina (12th July 2013), markoid (10th July 2013), Midnight Rambler (10th July 2013), Redstar Kachina (10th July 2013)

23. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul
    I then uploaded them to my server:
    Here's a listing of the files (mostly pdf files) within each of the above three zip files. Each file is preceded by its size, in bytes.
    Armageddon Prepping Survival Filelist

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (14th July 2013), Bill Ryan (14th July 2013), Bob (2nd October 2013), kanishk (11th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread