+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My son was attacked by a pack of pit bulls today.

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,467 times in 4,625 posts

Default Re: My son was attacked by a pack of pit bulls today.

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    but they were bloodthirsty
    Not necessarily,
    it depends on whether the dogs considered that area where your son got attacked their territory.
    I am animal lover otherwise but not the type who puts some sort of animal rights before human rights , we and them are not equals .
    Living in the city means that I always miss nature while I am here and pet animals are not the answer for me either,
    they're but little prisoners in their owners apartments who try to humanise them, turn them to little toys and use them as tool for family therapy at the best.

Pitbulls in particular were bread for dog fights which is one very cruel human venture because it's not about having 'dog friend', it's about bringing up a killer who has to be killed at the end . Dog fights are illegal in many countries as far as I know ( but i maybe wrong there ) though, since having pitbulls became a fashion decades ago,
    followed by various other crazes for particular dog breeds , there had been dozens of accidents , and incidences when they literally attacked and killed their own owners .
    I was told by people who have some experience with them that their nature is different and they 'ain't no toy' .

Our neighbours too , more than one neighbours had pair of pitts and they were completely tamed, sweet , watched over neighbours baby in trolley which some people think is not what you should allow this dog to do..
    but it depends on individual nature of the animal and upbringing in my opinion.

I had some encounters with dogs as a child , gave my hand to say hello over the fence and ( it was german shepherd ) the friendly doggie turned mad and would not let my hand go for moment, I was 2 year old, screaming like hell and had respect for those shepherds ever since .

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Kristo (9th June 2013), Orph (9th June 2013), RMorgan (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), WhiteFeather (9th June 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Don't you just despise irresponsible pet owners, that let dogs be allowed to be vicious. Pits attack the weaker whatever when they pack. If there is a single among the many, they gang attack.

Yes, they have been destroyed already, by the wrong training and have shown so. Shame the owner has done this, but perhaps a lesson in proper training.
    Prayers of healing and speedy recovery from breach of trust by the animals, the shock can last a life time, most become cat people.
    My oldest daughter was traumatized at 3 and she got over it by 30. Always used to be afraid of the dogs, now she has pits around my grands in TX. I pray that the dogs don't turn, and another grand with a stepfather a little off after the loss of a child/miscarry 1st, but he's got these pits, and they mated and my 7 yr. old grandson gets scratched daily as they allow them to all jump on Jim. I have had a bad feeling about those dogs, but it may have been someone elses child attacked, because during that feeling, a news broadcast came on about another child getting attacked by the families pit bull dog. The child was nearly ripped in the head and neck area, until they manage to get the dog off.

I've never wanted a security guard dogs like rots, pits, or dobey's around my children, they are known to turn because of jealousy.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Agape (9th June 2013), crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Rich (10th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), WhiteFeather (9th June 2013)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

My guess is Jagman is gonna need the prayer, if the dogs are anything like the lamebrained owner. Prayers for protection jagman. Sometimes the owners can be just as bad as the behavior the dog displayed. They did get it from the owner, eh?

I had a huskichowshep male and a dobeyrot female. They literally climbed paws in fence 8-12 ft fences we put up and taught their 11 puppies to do the same. We had a pool, they climbed the gate and two got drowned, and I was able to save only one of them. They were in a fenced in impound with salt treated plywood nailed around the bottom and set in the ground to prevent digging holes under the fence. They still climbed over it, and when we added a tilt in to prevent further grips on the top to go over, the little monsters would hang and climb up like a mountain climber. We sent the pups to the animal shelter because they were protection dogs, and the high maintenance of them was taking a toll on me. Then the parents started going around the neighborhood harassing a neighbor and cop, notices from the pound. Complaints and fines. They were well trained, I just think they should have gone to the military with all that skill. LOL
    Responsible owners when things are getting out of control, and should not leave it up to the neighbors to discipline their pets who are violent and attack. If we wanted to live among pack animals, we'd all become survivalist. But a walk to the mailbox? Time for some responsible neighborhood action and prevention.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Agape (9th June 2013), crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Rich (9th June 2013), RMorgan (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), WhiteFeather (9th June 2013)

7. Link to Post #44
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Hey Jagman,

Man, your son was very lucky; Usually, such situations with pitbulls don´t have such a happy ending for the human side. Thankfully, your son is still in one piece.

Next step is to get a lawyer and sue the crap out of the guy. I´m serious about it.

Stupid people only learn when you hit them where it hurts more, which is their bank accounts.

Raf.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Padmé (9th June 2013), RUSirius (11th June 2013), sigma6 (10th June 2013), Strat (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), WhiteFeather (9th June 2013)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

It's not the "lawnchair destruction crew cross the street, is it?

I'm hoping the dogs weren't as destructive as the owners, and they are one and the same.

They won't be there very long if it is.

Prayers of protection, healing and LOVE for your environment.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), WhiteFeather (9th June 2013)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Pit bulls think the whole block is their territory once they move in. Any dog, cat or other animal, is toast when they are in the neighborhoods. Children eye level, they target and think the child is challenging them, when the child looks directly in the eye, instead of turning and cowering from the pit or dobey. Then they take that as a weakness and attack.

Don't think they should be used for anything but a bank after hours or junkyard where metal is their only destructive path.

Ever see them in a room full of fabric or stuffed animals on camera. It's not pretty.

I'm more a cat person.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 9th June 2013 at 15:04.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Strat (10th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), WhiteFeather (9th June 2013)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    but they were bloodthirsty
    Not necessarily,
    it depends on whether the dogs considered that area where your son got attacked their territory.
    I am animal lover otherwise but not the type who puts some sort of animal rights before human rights , we and them are not equals .
    I meant to imply that it is normal dog behavior to protect their territory, since I don't know if that was the case I gave it as something to consider.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Agape (9th June 2013), crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), WhiteFeather (9th June 2013)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,467 times in 4,625 posts

Sorry I could simply post without using your quote, not posing argument .

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

InCiDeR (9th June 2013), Rich (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), WhiteFeather (9th June 2013)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member EsmaEverheart's Avatar
    Thanks

I am so sorry this happened to your son. I can understand how you feel. My son was attacked by a neighbor's Rotty when he was 8. He is ok now and is grown up with a family of his own. Much love to you and your son.

It is the owner who is to blame here. I don't know if you ever watched the Dog Whisperer, but he had the most gentle loving Pitbull name Daddy. Daddy died of old age though in f2010. It is all in the training or lack of training of the owner.
    Last edited by EsmaEverheart; 9th June 2013 at 15:25.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EsmaEverheart For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), Fred Steeves (10th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), WhiteFeather (9th June 2013)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Not sure I agree Cog, and I hear you too though, I am a dog lover and I don't like the idea of putting down dogs. I have owned many dogs all through my life and it isn't fair to dogs that have owners that don't know how to take the responsibility of how to raise them (I used to be one of them!)

However Pitbulls are like loaded guns. I personally think they are highly intelligent (although some would beg to differ) and that they can be raised to be great family dogs. But they must be strictly trained. An untrained Pitbull is like a loaded gun, or like leaving a razor blade lying around. It's just an accident waiting to happen. If I have to choose between a human child and a pitbull with an attitude, the pitbull has to go.

That said, if Jagman feels there is potential for these animals, he could demand the owner successfully take a top of the line animal training course as a alternative to putting them down. (ie. he can put his money where his mouth is and it would be an education for him too!) Either way get that incident ON THE RECORD.

The authorities know that if another attack ends in tragedy when they have been warned there could be a serious liability issue. Not to mention the potential human tragedy that could have been avoided. (and we know these things can and do happen)
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), eva08 (10th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), RMorgan (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), WhiteFeather (9th June 2013)

21. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Sorry to hear this terrible news Jag. I hope your son isn't suffering to bad. My love and thoughts to your son and family. And all the best on the decision you must make. Im sure the authorities wouldn't be a bad idea to consider firstly Jag.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), Wind (9th June 2013)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

My son is doing good today. He is a little sore but he is in good spirits.
    He still loves animals. I had nightmares all night.
    I kept dreaming about the attack.There is probably 50 little kids in my
    neighborhood who are quite a bit smaller than my son. Take for example my son josh,he is a little guy
    and would have no chance against these dogs
    The owner of the dogs was cited yesterday but that bastard should
    have had to spend a few nights in jail.
    4 dogs were put down yesterday and my son was almost killed
    because of his incompetence & abuse of these animals.

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Billy (9th June 2013), crosby (9th June 2013), Daughter of Time (9th June 2013), EsmaEverheart (9th June 2013), eva08 (10th June 2013), Fred Steeves (10th June 2013), gigha (10th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (9th June 2013), Maunagarjana (9th June 2013), Padmé (10th June 2013), RMorgan (9th June 2013), RUSirius (11th June 2013), sigma6 (10th June 2013), Star Tsar (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), ulli (10th June 2013)

25. Link to Post #53
    Canada Avalon Member Daughter of Time's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,705 times in 1,092 posts

Jagman,

I'm so sorry your son had to go through such a horrible experience but I'm glad he's doing well.

My thoughts of healing go out to your son and to you and your family.

Hopefully, your son will heal completely both physically and emotionally and you will all soon be able to put this traumatic experience behind you.

Be grateful that things did not turn out worse, as they very well could have.

Much love,

Daughter of Time

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daughter of Time For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (9th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (9th June 2013), Wind (9th June 2013)

27. Link to Post #54
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Jagman, I am glad that the police responded appropriately and on behalf of the victim, not the perpetrators.

I wish your son a fast recovery.

My brother has a dog phobia too -- but in his case the dog didn't bite him, but simply knocked him down via a blow to the forehead with an open snout. LOL

28. Link to Post #55
    Ireland Avalon Member Poly Hedra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 times in 349 posts

Sorry to hear about your son. Sending you lots of strength and healing.
    You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy. Desiderata - Max Ehrman

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poly Hedra For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (10th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013)

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Jagman,

So sad to hear all you and your son have been dealing with. So glad your son is alive and well.

I agree with suing the neighbor.

Also I have to tell you all that one of the sweetest dogs i have know was a pit bull. So not all pit bulls are abused or mean.

Much love!

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (10th June 2013), jagman (9th June 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (10th June 2013)

32. Link to Post #57
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Jagman I have read this whole thread. At first thought I could not say anything. This attack trend of pit bulls has become more common, indeed locally, a woman out on a morning jog was attacked and killed.

All dogs are pack animals. There must be an alpha. And the dog owner must be the Alpha. The Dog Whisperer guy has shown how gentle and sweet we can be while maintaining the Alpha status. We humans who have bred dogs for war and attacking owe this to them as much as we owe it to tea cup poodles or Chihuahuas.

As a parent I can feel your reaction. I'm glad your son is getting over it. You have our support in your own recovery.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

crosby (9th June 2013), EsmaEverheart (9th June 2013), eva08 (10th June 2013), Fred Steeves (10th June 2013), InCiDeR (10th June 2013)

34. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

Jagman, so sorry to hear about this news. i hope your son makes a full recovery and does not hold any fear of dogs in the future. as a dog lover and a pit bull owner, i can safely say that your neighbors should be held accountable. sometimes, people are not responsible with their pets. it has been my experience that some dogs have a tendency to become dangerous. it could be any kind of dog. dogs do not have cognitive thought processes, they do not decipher good behavior from bad when they are being territorial. in a dogs world, their territory is any where that can roam. i keep my dog feech safely inside and on a short leash when we go walking so he can do his business. he spends a lot of time with my older son so he can get exercise. but even then, it is in a controlled environment.

i have a neighbor in my apartment building who lets his pit bulls roam freely and i have been jumped on, knocked over and snapped at because he does not keep the dogs leash at a short stay, so the dog inevitably thinks she owns wherever she can lead, which is right into my basement door. i have asked them several times to be more responsible because i already know what may happen. they have not heeded my requests. and i know that at some point, if i do not move out first, i will be bitten. and i have told them what the consequences are, they just don't seem to care. perhaps they feel that the responsibility doesn't matter. not sure.

hope your son gets better every second. dogs are wonderful companions and family members and it is a sad day when something like this happens. most loving thoughts to your son and to you.
    warmest regards, corson.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

CdnSirian (9th June 2013), InCiDeR (10th June 2013), jagman (10th June 2013), Padmé (9th June 2013)

36. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Why was your son in the presence of an untrained threat in the first place? Whilst you have my sympathy I feel that your energy would have been better appropriated in avoiding it occurring at all, rather than seeking sympathy on a forum as a result...,

37. Link to Post #60
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻
    Last edited by Padmé; 18th January 2019 at 05:55.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Padmé For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (10th June 2013), Fred Steeves (10th June 2013), InCiDeR (10th June 2013), jagman (10th June 2013), northstar (10th June 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast