+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1 5 15 50 LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    These are interesting moves but there is an important move that's not forthcoming, it seems, still.

All of these issues are protected by one single fake notion. That fake notion is the blanket threat of terrorism. It 'justifies' the tyrannical developments and justifies all those who leap to defend the state when these whistle blowers come forward with their evidence and testimony.

What Snowden has exposed may be a big revelation for masses of the population, but masses of the population still believe that "terrorism" is real. As long as they believe that, they will huddle up together and accept the government's case for being cough red handed building the web of tyranny in our midst.

The really big and important whistleblowing that still urgently needs to come is for someone like Snowden, with very privileged access, to come out with hard evidence of the intel agencies and governments direct involvment with directing major terrorist events around the world.

Such a disclosure will be a tidal change in the information war. Once the masses get their heads around the fact that their 'guardians' are really the terrorists, oh maaan, that really will put the cat among the pigeons.

After that, lights will be coming on inside heads so fast we'll all have to wear shades.
    100% agreement. Well said.

Dennis

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

brenie (22nd June 2013), Cidersomerset (22nd June 2013), risveglio (23rd June 2013)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member Openmindedskeptic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,359 times in 313 posts

Default Re: Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

Here's a serious question; will you be okay when the NSA data-mines all your communications and labels you "a subversive" because you use words like freedom, liberty and free speech? With the highly sophisticated algorithms that exist today, along with PRISM, the FBI can literally neutralize the next Martin Luther King Jr. long before he ever gains any serious traction or even himself realizes he's an activists. Yeah, it's Minority Report only the precognition mumbo-jumbo has been replaced with real-world practical science.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Openmindedskeptic For This Post:

Another1 (23rd June 2013), Cidersomerset (22nd June 2013), Dennis Leahy (22nd June 2013), Pam (22nd June 2013), risveglio (23rd June 2013), ThePythonicCow (22nd June 2013)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

The thing that's on my mind is what are the terrorist as well as others, doing now they know their communications are being monitored? After all Bin Laden communications were monitored until this fact has published in a newspaper, and his communications were cut off as a result.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

Cidersomerset (22nd June 2013)

7. Link to Post #84
    Australia Avalon Member MadMax1's Avatar
    Thanks

It is starting to make me wonder what they think of sites like this surely they would be monitering what we say on here to keep up to date on what we are discussing, what does everyone else think of that? i for one don't give a rats bum if they see what i am saying i have not broke any laws in my statements. I am not saying it's ok to check every little bit of data in the internet but surely they must moniter these sort of sites to see what we are saying about them and i'm sure that is how they keep staying 3 steps ahead of us.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadMax1 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (22nd June 2013), Prodigal Son (22nd June 2013), risveglio (23rd June 2013)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Obama administration charge Edward Snowden with espionage

Published on 21 Jun 2013

US officials have charged NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden with espionage. They
    told the Washington Post that federal prosecutors filed a sealed criminal complaint
    against the now 30-year-old who handed over a series of government documents to
    the media revealing secret NSA surveillance programs. He has also been charged
    with theft and conversion of government property. RT's Political Commentator Sam
    Sacks and Abby Martin, Host of Breaking the Set have had their say on what these
    charges mean for Snowden.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Prodigal Son (22nd June 2013)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

Leaked: UK spy agency has access to global communications, shares info with

Published on 21 Jun 2013

The British spy agency GCHQ has access to the global network of communications,
    storing calls, Facebook posts and internet histories -- and shares this data with the
    NSA, Edward Snowden has revealed to the Guardian in a new leak

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Prodigal Son (22nd June 2013)

13. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

Quote Posted by MadMax1 (here)
    It is starting to make me wonder what they think of sites like this surely they would be monitering what we say on here to keep up to date on what we are discussing, what does everyone else think of that? i for one don't give a rats bum if they see what i am saying i have not broke any laws in my statements. I am not saying it's ok to check every little bit of data in the internet but surely they must moniter these sort of sites to see what we are saying about them and i'm sure that is how they keep staying 3 steps ahead of us.
    The handwriting is on the wall. I'm pretty sure this is what they have planned for us....

Why Did the U.S. Government Recently Purchase 30,000 Guillotines?

This information needs to get out to everyone NOW.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

Cidersomerset (22nd June 2013), jagman (24th June 2013)

15. Link to Post #88
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,009 times in 1,932 posts

Quote Posted by Prodigal Son (here)
    Quote Posted by MadMax1 (here)
    The handwriting is on the wall. I'm pretty sure this is what they have planned for us....

Why Did the U.S. Government Recently Purchase 30,000 Guillotines?

This information needs to get out to everyone NOW.
    I have known about the guillotines for more than a year ... this girl who knew about it met a soldier who was at some base she knew about .. and asked him if he saw the guillotines and he said yes ... then she told him what they were going to be used for and he was shocked ... went back to tell his buddies .. next he called her .. told her there was a man hunt for him ... and he was afraid they will find him and kill him ... for what he knew.

jim

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jiminii For This Post:

risveglio (23rd June 2013)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Snowden charged with spying, Manning 3 years in prison, Assange under siege in the embassy...

Meanwhile the Enron CEO just paid $40m to get his sentence cut by 10 years:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...ntence-reduced

#inversejustice

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Cidersomerset (22nd June 2013), risveglio (23rd June 2013)

19. Link to Post #90
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    The Guardian, after several days of interviews, is revealing his identity at his request.
    From the moment he decided to disclose numerous top-secret documents to the public,
    he was determined not to opt for the protection of anonymity. "I have no intention of
    hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong," he said.

Read More...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...r-surveillance
    Remember The Falcon and the Snow Man?

This time its the Snowden man... haha, the clues are so obvious now. Its R6 playing out it's game and doing it right out in the open and in full blown in plain sight - for those who can see.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Cidersomerset (22nd June 2013)

21. Link to Post #91
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Snowden is a member of Yossarian's flight during a mission, and acts as catalyst for the fundamental change in Yossarian's mentality and outlook. After their plane takes heavy anti-aircraft fire, Snowden is mortally wounded and Yossarian attempts to come to Snowden's aid by treating a serious leg wound with white bandages and sulfanilamide powder.

Eventually Yossarian notices bleeding from Snowden's armpit and realises he has another wound below his flak suit. As Yossarian rips open the flak suit, a fatal wound beneath exposes Snowden's internal organs which fall out onto the floor. A huge chunk of flak had ripped straight through his ribs from behind. Yossarian is horrified at the sight. Snowden is about to die, but is able to tell Yossarian he is cold. Yossarian covers Snowden in a parachute, and comforts him by saying "there, there".

Snowden's death embodies Yossarian's desire to evade death; by seeing Snowden's entrails spilling over the plane, he feels that "Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage. The spirit gone, man is garbage."

The experience on the plane dramatically changes Yossarian's attitude towards life. He looks only to protect his own life and, to a lesser extent, the lives of his close friends. Yossarian turns against the military and refuses to wear a uniform, his justification being he simply "doesn't want to," perhaps because he was traumatized and depressed by Snowden's death. The excuse Captain Korn gives to General Dreedle is that Snowden died in one uniform, and his remains were soaked into Yossarian's, and all of Yossarian's other articles of clothing were in the laundry. General Dreedle says "That sounds like a lot of crap to me." Yossarian replies, "It is a lot of crap, sir."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yossarian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22

22. Link to Post #92
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Hi Reilly - there are no coincidences - How ironic. The Catch-22 "Snowden"... what a metaphor. Surely, Edward Snowden saw the movie and/or read the book. And his life ends up as a sacrifice. wow
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

PurpleLama (24th June 2013)

24. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,437 times in 8,340 posts

Quote Posted by sdv (here)
    A very interesting debate from Democracy Now:

Quote On “Democracy Now!” on Wednesday morning, Truthdig columnist Chris Hedges debated University of Chicago law professor Geoffrey Stone—the man who hired Barack Obama to teach constitutional law at that school and later served as the president’s informal adviser—on the question of whether NSA whistle-blower Edward Snowden is a hero or a traitor.
    http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item...itor_20130612/

not sure if this discussion has been posted here already but, no harm in putting here again if it has.

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

25. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Cidersomerset (23rd June 2013)

26. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

Published on 23 Jun 2013

The American whistleblower Edward Snowden is thought to be in
    Moscow Airport after leaving Hong Kong from where the US was
    seeking his extradition.

27. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

'Snowden case shows US is bully boy of world'

Published on 23 Jun 2013

The plane carrying whistleblower Edward Snowden has
    landed at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport. The former
    CIA contractor, who left Hong Kong in a bid to elude
    US extradition on espionage charges, is on his way to
    a 'third country' via Russia. Former MI5 agent Annie
    Machon says America's whistleblower hunt gives it the
    image of a major global aggressor
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 24th June 2013 at 12:34.

28. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

'Internet under Siege: The more data they get, the more we should fear'

Published on 23 Jun 2013

The plane carrying whistleblower Edward Snowden has landed at
    Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport. The former CIA contractor, who
    left Hong Kong in a bid to elude US extradition on espionage charges,
    is on his way to a 'third country' via Russia. Loz Kaye, leader of the
    UK Pirate Party, thinks people shouldn't focus on Snowden, but on
    the revelations he made

29. Link to Post #97
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,554 times in 20,694 posts

Ed Snowden beware: U.S. State Dept. has confirmed history of running covert abductions of Americans in Ecuador

Monday, June 24, 2013
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger

Quote (NaturalNews) As reported by the Associated Press, Edward Snowden managed to evade U.S. authorities and fly to Ecuador where he is apparently being granted political asylum.

As AP reports:

The former National Security Agency contractor and CIA technician fled Hong Kong and arrived at the Moscow airport, where he planned to spend the night before boarding an Aeroflot flight to Cuba. Ecuador's Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino said his government received an asylum request from Snowden, and the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks said it would help him.

What AP doesn't know -- and neither do most Americans -- is that the U.S. government has a well-established track record of running covert kidnapping and abduction operations in Ecuador to capture anyone they want.

And the reason I know this is because I am the journalist who used to live in Ecuador and who broke the bombshell story of herbalist Greg Caton being kidnapped by U.S. authorities in Ecuador in 2009. He was then stuffed onto a U.S.-bound jet at the airport in Guayaquil and flown to Miami. That full story is published here on Natural News:

www.naturalnews.com/027750_Greg_Caton_FDA.html

U.S. State Dept. runs abduction operation in Ecuador
    What's fascinating is that at the time, in 2009, nobody believed this story was true. But today, in light of all the revelations that have surfaced about illegal, covert, rogue government groups doing whatever they want, this story on the abduction and kidnapping of a U.S. citizen living in Ecuador sounds astonishingly feasible. In fact, it is true.

As I wrote in 2009, the FDA's Office of Criminal Investigations (OCI) managed to twist the arm of the State Department to have Greg Caton -- an herbalist -- added to Interpol's "red list." This list is normally reserved for extreme war criminals and international murderers, but because Greg Caton was selling anti-cancer salves made with Amazon rainforest herbs that really do eliminate many types of topical cancers, the U.S. government designated him as an enemy of the state (to protect the lucrative cancer industry, obviously).

Keep in mind that Greg Caton's activities were not illegal in Ecuador. The U.S. government, however, wanted to destroy this man's business and cut off the supply of anti-cancer salves to U.S. customers. So they dispatched a covert team of government operatives to Ecuador who proceeded to bribe all the right people to have Caton arrested at gunpoint as he was driving down his own driveway.

This process of abducting and kidnapping Caton was done completely outside of law, with no extradition request and with no due process whatsoever. It was an example of the U.S. government engaging in the kind of raw criminality we're increasingly seeing exposed week after week. In 2009, of course, most Americans still believed in Obama and thought their government would never engage in widespread criminal actions against the People. Today, however, we all know better.

What makes this all the more hilarious today in 2013 is that U.S. officials are now lecturing Hong Kong on the "rule of law". As Time.com reported today:

A senior U.S. official delivered a terse statement to Hong Kong on Saturday about Snowden, saying, "If Hong Kong doesn't act soon, it will complicate our bilateral relations and raise questions about Hong Kong's commitment to the rule of law."

The rule of law? Give me a break. The U.S. violates all law -- both domestic and international -- any time it wants. The abduction and kidnapping of Greg Caton was a gross violation of law, but that didn't seem to bother the FDA nor the State Dept. back in 2009.

It did bother Dr. Brian O'Leary, however. He was a NASA astronaut and globally-recognized scientist, and before he passed away, he gave me this statement on the record:

I was shocked to hear about his kidnapping and illegal deportation to the U.S., regardless of perceptions of his legal status within the U.S., something I understand to be a mild violation at most. He is a legal resident of Ecuador and conducts a legal alternative health product [company] here. I thoroughly support his work in healing untold thousands of people of cancer and other serious diseases.

read the rest at: http://www.naturalnews.com/040909_Ed...bductions.html
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Atlas (28th October 2014), Cidersomerset (24th June 2013), Debra (24th June 2013)

31. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Default Ed Snowden beware: confirmed history of running covert abductions of Americans in Ecuador

Ed Snowden beware: U.S. State Dept. has confirmed history of running covert abductions of Americans in Ecuador.

Monday, June 24, 2013
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
    Editor of NaturalNews.com

Full article at this link...

http://www.naturalnews.com/040909_ed...bductions.html

Bill Ryan be safe!

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Billy (24th June 2013), christian (24th June 2013), Christine (24th June 2013), fifi (25th June 2013), Fractalius (25th June 2013), GoodETxSG (25th June 2013), Holly Lindin (24th June 2013), jjjones (24th June 2013), johnf (24th June 2013), karamba (24th June 2013), Maia Gabrial (24th June 2013), Mercedes (24th June 2013), Realeyes (24th June 2013), sunflower (24th June 2013)

33. Link to Post #99
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 times in 300 posts

Default Re: Ed Snowden beware: confirmed history of running covert abductions of Americans in Ecuador

Quote Posted by Kimberley (here)
    ...Bill Ryan be safe!
    or get the guest bed ready!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Rex For This Post:

Mercedes (24th June 2013)

35. Link to Post #100
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

I'm confused, is Bill Ryan also hiding from the government in Ecuador?
    (Insert signature here)

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

johnf (24th June 2013), Mercedes (24th June 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1 5 15 50 LastLast