+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1 9 19 50 LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

1. Link to Post #161
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,647 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

Snowden makes his first statement from Moscow

Published on 1 Jul 2013

The anti-secrecy website Wikileaks has now released a letter that was allegedly
    written by Edward Snowden. It says: "The Obama administration has now adopted
    the strategy of using citizenship as a weapon. Although I am convicted of nothing,
    it has unilaterally revoked my passport, leaving me a stateless person. Without any
    judicial order, the administration now seeks to stop me exercising a basic right. A
    right that belongs to everybody. The right to seek asylum." Meanwhile, earlier
    today, we found out that an anonymous Russian official told the LA Times that
    Snowden has now filed for asylum in no fewer than 15 countries. For reaction on
    the letter and the latest from the Snowden saga, RT Political Commentator Sam
    Sacks and Abby Martin, the host of Breaking the Set, join us.

2. Link to Post #162
    Thanks

Default Re: Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

2 July 2013 Last updated at 10:56

Edward Snowden 'broadens asylum requests' -

Fugitive US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden has sent asylum requests to 21
    countries, according to a statement published by Wikileaks.

They include China, France, Ireland and Venezuela. But six European countries said
    the requests were invalid.

And Russia said Mr Snowden later withdrew the application to Moscow as the Kremlin had set conditions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23139980

3. Link to Post #163
    Thanks

Edward Snowden: Obama guilty of deceit over extradition

US president pledged to avoid 'wheeling and dealing' while bullying countries that
    might grant asylum, says whistleblower

Dan Roberts in Washington and Rory Carroll in Quito

The Guardian, Tuesday 2 July 2013

Edward Snowden
    In the statement released by WikiLeaks, Snowden claimed the US president had
    employed the 'old, bad tools of political aggression'. Photograph: Reuters/The
    Guardian Edward Snowden has accused Barack Obama of deception for promising
    in public to avoid diplomatic "wheeling and dealing" over his extradition, while
    privately pressuring countries to refuse his requests for asylum.Snowden, the
    surveillance whistleblower who is thought to be trapped in the legal limbo of a
    transit zone at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport, used his first public comments
    since fleeing Hong Kong to attack the US for revoking his passport. He also accused
    his country of bullying nations that might grant him asylum.

"On Thursday, President Obama declared before the world that he would not permit
    any diplomatic 'wheeling and dealing' over my case," Snowden said in a statement
    released by WikiLeaks.

"Yet now it is being reported that after promising not to do so, the president
    ordered his vice-president to pressure the leaders of nations from which I have
    requested protection to deny my asylum petitions. This kind of deception from a
    world leader is not justice, and neither is the extralegal penalty of exile. These are
    the old, bad tools of political aggression."

Snowden's increasingly desperate predicament became further apparent on Monday
    night with the leak of a letter he had written to Ecuador praising its "bravery" and
    expressing "deep respect and sincere thanks" for considering his request for
    political asylum.But the change in mood in Quito, already apparent at the end of
    last week, was underlined by an interview Rafael Correa, the president, gave to the
    Guardian on Monday in which he insisted Ecuador will not now help Snowden leave
    Moscow and never intended to facilitate his attempted flight to South America.
    Correa blamed earlier signs of encouragement on a misunderstanding by its London
    embassy.

"That we are responsible for getting him to Ecuador? It's not logical. The country
    that has to give him a safe conduct document is Russia," Correa said at the
    presidential palace in Quito. Correa said his government did not intentionally help
    Snowden travel from Hong Kong to Moscow with a temporary travel pass. "It was a
    mistake on our part."

In his statement through WikiLeaks, which has been assisting him since he left
    Hong Kong on 10 June, Snowden contrasted the current US approach to his
    extradition with its previous support of political dissidents in other countries.

"For decades the United States of America has been one of the strongest defenders
    of the human right to seek asylum," he said. "Sadly, this right, laid out and voted
    for by the US in article 14 of the universal declaration of human rights, is now being
    rejected by the current government of my country."

Snowden also accused the Obama administration of "using citizenship as a
    weapon", which has apparently left him unable to leave the airport in Moscow.

"Although I am convicted of nothing, [the US] has unilaterally revoked my
    passport, leaving me a stateless person," he said. "Without any judicial order, the
    administration now seeks to stop me exercising a basic right. A right that belongs
    to everybody. The right to seek asylum."

Moscow confirmed earlier on Monday that Snowden had applied for political asylum
    in Russia. The LA Times said Snowden had made similar applications to a total of 15
    countries.The former NSA contractor struck a defiant tone on Monday night. "In
    the end, the Obama administration is not afraid of whistleblowers like me, Bradley
    Manning or Thomas Drake," he said. "We are stateless, imprisoned or powerless.
    No, the Obama administration is afraid of you.

"It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the constitutional government
    it was promised – and it should be. I am unbowed in my convictions and impressed
    at the efforts taken by so many."

His statement also came shortly after one of Obama's top intelligence officials, US
    director of national intelligence, James Clapper, was forced to apologise to
    Congress</a> for "erroneous" claims that the US did not collect data on its own
    citizens.Snowden paid tribute to those who had helped him force such disclosures.

"One week ago I left Hong Kong after it became clear that my freedom and safety
    were under threat for revealing the truth," he said.

"My continued liberty has been owed to the efforts of friends new and old, family,
    and others who I have never met and probably never will. I trusted them with my
    life and they returned that trust with a faith in me for which I will always be
    thankful."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...bama-wikileaks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

TelosianEmbrace (3rd July 2013)

5. Link to Post #164
    Thanks

Edward Snowden withdraws Russian asylum request

NSA whistleblower withdraws asylum request after Putin says he could stay only if he stopped harming US interests
    Miriam Elder in Moscow

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 2 July 2013 10.20 BST

Edward Snowden has withdrawn his request fior political asylum in Russia.
    Photograph: The Guardian/AFP/Getty Images

Edward Snowden has withdrawn his request for political asylum from Russia, the
    Kremlin said on Tuesday, further adding to the uncertainty over the US
    whistleblower's future.A spokesman for Russian president Vladimir Putin said
    Snowden withdrew the request after Putin's statement making clear that he would
    be welcome only if he stopped "his work aimed at bringing harm" to the United
    States.

"Snowden really asked to remain in Russia," Dmitry Peskov, the spokesman,
    said. "Learning yesterday of Russia's position… he abandoned his intentions and his
    request to get the possibility to stay in Russia."

Russia has refused to hand over Snowden, charged under espionage laws in the US
    after leaking top-secret documents on US surveillance programmes. He has been
    kept hidden away since 23 June, when he landed in Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport
    from Hong Kong.His attempts to win asylum have been fraught with difficulty.
    Rafael Correa, president of Ecuador, told the Guardian that his country, whose
    London embassy is sheltering WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, was not
    considering Snowden's asylum request.

He also said Ecuador never intended to facilitate Snowden's flight from Hong Kong,
    calling his London consul's decision to issue temporary travel documents to
    Snowden "a mistake".

Speaking to Reuters in Moscow on Tuesday on the second day of a two-day visit,
    Nicolas Maduro, the Venezuelan president, said Snowden "deserves the world's
    protection".

He said Venezuela had not yet received an asylum request from Snowden. Asked
    whether he would take Snowden back to Venezuela with him, Maduro answered
    wryly: "What we're taking with us are multiple agreements that we're signing with
    Russia, including oil and gas." But he added his support for the US
    whistleblower: "Edward Snowden is a 29-year-old young, brave man who didn't kill
    anyone, didn't give any reason for the start of war," Russian news agencies cited
    Maduro as saying.A WikiLeaks statement released early on Tuesday said that in
    addition to Ecuador and Iceland, Snowden had made asylum requests to 19
    countries, including Venezuela, China, Bolivia, France and Germany.

Maduro said Venezuela would examine the asylum request once it was
    received. "We think this young person has done something very important for
    humanity, has done a favour to humanity, has spoken great truths to deconstruct a
    world… that is controlled by an imperialist American elite," he said.

At least two countries where Snowden requested asylum have said they will not
    cooperate. Radoslaw Sikorski, the Polish foreign minister, said that Snowden's
    request did "not meet the requirements for a formal application for asylum. Even if
    it did, I will not give a positive recommendation."

Finland said on Tuesday that it could not accept his application as Finnish law
    required him to be in the country. Finnish foreign ministry spokeswoman Tytti
    Pylkko said that Snowden had sent his request by fax to Finland's embassy in
    Moscow.Peskov did not detail how Snowden withdrew his asylum request from
    Russia. The request was handed to a Russian consular official at Moscow's
    Sheremetyevo airport late on Sunday via Snowden's WikiLeaks handler, Sarah
    Harrison.In an awkwardly phrased statement released via WikiLeaks late on
    Monday, Snowden accused the Obama administration of "using citizenship as a
    weapon" and placing undue pressure on countries where he had applied for asylum.

John Kerry, the US secretary of state, spoke with his Russian counterpart, Sergey
    Lavrov on Tuesday on the sidelines of a summit of the Association of Southeast
    Asian Nations (Asean) on Tuesday. Lavrov told reporters that the two did not
    discuss Snowden.

• According to WikiLeaks, Snowden has requested asylum from Austria, Bolivia,
    Brazil, China, Cuba, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Italy,
    Ireland, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Switzerland,
    Venezuela.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...m-russia-putin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

MorningSong (2nd July 2013)

7. Link to Post #165
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

. .
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd July 2013), Gardener (2nd July 2013), TelosianEmbrace (3rd July 2013)

9. Link to Post #166
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Scapegoating at its finest.
    Just a tad more scary to blow the whistle now huh? Job done.

We shall see.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd July 2013)

11. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

Venezuela considers asylum for Snowden

Published on 2 Jul 2013

NSA leaker Edward Snowden is running out of options when it comes
    to seeking political asylum for his involvement in releasing sensitive
    information about the American spying program to The Guardian.
    Although the whistleblower is stuck in a Moscow airport, he has
    applied for asylum to dozens of countries. Many countries have
    denied his request, but Venezuela's president has publicly supported
    the leaker and may fulfill the request. Egor Piskunov has more from Moscow.

12. Link to Post #168
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

The suspicion is that Edward Snowden is on the plane.

Evo Morales is held in Europe, says the vice-president of Bolivia

According to reports, President García Linera is stuck in an airport in Austria and says the cancellation of flight clearances are orchestrated by the United States

La Paz, July 2, 2013 (VTV) - Vice President Alvaro Garcia Linera Bolivia, reported that President Evo Morales is abducted in Europe, following the refusal of several countries to allow the transit of your plane to your space air.

SOURCE: System Bolivarian Comunicación e Información.

Morales plane is forced to land in Austria on suspicion of carrying Snowden

The plane carrying the president of Bolivia, Evo Morales, made an emergency landing in Austria after leaving Moscow, according to Russian TV. The unscheduled landing was made after France, Portugal and Italy revoke landing and overflight permission for their territories.

Russian television speculated that former CIA consultant Edward Snowden could be aboard the presidential plane. RTP (Radio and Television of Portugal) said that the flight was forbidden to land on Portuguese territory because Snowden was on board on the way to Bolivia.

The Bolivian government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, denied that the U.S. is on board and said the decision to Portugal and France was due to "sovereign lie." Later, the Austrian government has confirmed that former CIA consultant was not on the plane.

The foreign minister of Bolivia, David Choquehuanca, said Portugal and France put the life of President Morales at risk. "We want to express our discomfort and uneasiness, because he put the president's life at risk," he said at a news conference in La Paz

Morales returned to Bolivia in the presidential plane, coming from Moscow, where he attended a summit of natural gas producing countries and met with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin. The Bolivian president had to make a technical stopover in Portugal, Lisbon but "inexplicably announced that we had canceled the permission for overflight and landing," said Choquehuanca.

With this measure, explained that "a new flight plan was prepared for the president" landed in Spain after the consent of that country so that the aircraft "was replenished in the Canary Islands." But when Morales "was on the air, in France announced that the authorization for overflight French territory had been canceled."

He stressed that the measure, it seems, was due to the "rumor" that the aircraft's representative was the informant American Edward Snowden, who is required by the United States after revealing spy programs of the U.S. government. "This is information that was circulating, information maliciously to harm the country (...) is a big lie," he insisted.

The Foreign Minister of Ecuador, Ricardo Patiño said that decisions Lisbon and Paris were "tremendous harm" to President Evo Morales. Patiño said he will request an "extraordinary meeting" of foreign ministers of the Union of South American Nations (UNASUR) to analyze the incident with Morales and allegations of Snowden.

"Unable to suspect that the plane traveled Morales Mr. Snowden, and had the audacity to deny a president of a South American republic passing through its airspace. This seems to me a tremendous offense." "From here we send our solidarity to President Morales and the rejection of what happened to him."

On the evening of Tuesday, Morales's plane landed at Vienna Airport "without Edward Snowden" aboard, an official of the Austrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. "President Morales will depart early on Wednesday to La Paz," said Alexander Schallenberg.

Source: EARTH Brazil

Bolivia accuses U.S. of orchestrating the presidential plane crash landing

Defense Minister of Bolivia, Rubén Saavedra, on Tuesday accused the United States of being behind the crash landing of the plane in Vienna's official president, Evo Morales.

"This was orchestrated, arranged by the U.S. State Department, which, using some European countries, has caused this situation, with the suspicion that the presidential plane was Mr. Snowden," Saavedra told Efe in Vienna.

On the other hand, Saavedra confirmed that Italy refused to Bolivian aircraft overflying its airspace, while Spain gave its green light and France withdrew its initial ban.

The official Defense referred to rumors that the former coach of the CIA, Edward Snowden, located in the transit area of ​​the airport in Moscow nine days ago, was on board the plane official Bolivian President Morales as something that both Saavedra himself categorically denied.

"What we want is to denounce the attitude abusive, arrogant and discriminatory government authorities of France, especially, and also Portugal, which did not allow the presidential plane of the Bolivian state could fulfill their itinerary," said Saavedra.

"It seems like a reprehensible attitude a discriminatory act against Bolivia and President Evo Morales," the minister added.

"We reject this categorically, never, never entered our heads, we never thought to do this kind of action. We are very respectful of the rules of international law," Saavedra said about the possibility of bringing in Snowden presidential plane.

In a subsequent press conference at Vienna airport, the Bolivian minister denounced that were violated international law immunity of heads of state, while they had put "at high risk the life of the main leader of Bolivia."

Source: EARTH Brazil
    Last edited by naste.de.lumina; 3rd July 2013 at 04:00.

13. Link to Post #169
    Thanks

Snowden rumored to be on Bolivian president's plane

Published on 2 Jul 2013

Bolivian president's plane rerouted in Austria amidst Snowden scare Reports are
    coming in that Bolivian leader Evo Morales' plane was forced to make an emergency
    landing in Austria on suspicion that NSA leaker Edward Snowden might be on
    board. Bolivia's foreign minister, David Choquehuanca, said it was a lie and
    Snowden was not on the plane. Associated Press reports indicate that the plane
    was rerouted to Austria after France and Portugal refused to let it cross into their
    airspace. President Morales was in Russia attending an energy and gas summit. He
    sat down for an exclusive interview with RT Spanish earlier today, where he told
    reporters that he would absolutely consider granting Snowden asylum. WikiLeaks
    announced today that Snowden has applied for asylum in no fewer than 21
    countries-- including some of the very countries his NSA documents prove the US
    was spying on. RT's political commentator Sam Sacks breaks it down.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 3rd July 2013 at 11:02.

14. Link to Post #170
    Thanks

I had seen the movie years ago, but like the poster on this vid I was blown
    away watching it again with knowledge I have picked up on Avalon open
    university forum and else where...LOL...Steve

Enemy of the State (1998) Predicts Edward Snowden's Revelations

june 2013

Enemy of the State was made in 1998 and stars Gene Hackman,
    Lisa Bonet, Regina King, Will Smith, Jack Black, Jon Voight, and
    Jason Lee. This all-star cast stars in a film that performed well
    in its time, yet seems all the more relevant, intelligent, and
    interesting today. Edward Snowden didn't say too much that
    this movie didn't exactly say! It's pretty mind-blowing how
    intelligent and well-informed script-writers were... or at least
    they were great guessers.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 4th July 2013 at 06:56.

15. Link to Post #171
    Thanks

Snowden inspired by Manning to reveal NSA spying?

Published on 2 Jul 2013

Leaker Edward Snowden has been scrambling to find asylum after leaking details of
    the NSA's elaborate spying program on Americans. As of now, no country has
    granted the 30-year-old sanctuary to avoid extradition to the US for his actions, but
    according to some reports Snowden was inspired by Private first class Bradley
    Manning. Michael Brooks, producer for The Majority Report, compares the two
    whistleblowers

16. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

'Imperial Skyjacking': Bolivian pres. jet grounded in Austria over rumours Snowden

Published on 2 Jul 2013

Bolivia was left outraged after a number of European states refused to
    let a plane carrying its President enter their airspace. All because of
    rumours that surveillance whistleblower Edward Snowden, may have
    been on board. RT's Egor Piskunov has more on the mile-high asylum
    drama. READ MORE: http://on.rt.com/hcs26s

17. Link to Post #173
    Thanks

Russell Brand on his recent comedy pro mo tour
    still popping up on political programmes...

18. Link to Post #174
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

I just ran into this post over at Rumor Mill News by "Watchman":

Quote Posted By: Watchman
    Date: Wednesday, 3-Jul-2013 15:17:43

“The world will be shocked” by the next story on the National Security Agency’s vast spying operations, said Glenn Greenwald, the Guardian journalist leading the exposure—made possible by leaks from whistleblower Edward Snowden—of the agency’s far-reaching surveillance.

Glenn Greenwald (R) speaking with Eric Bolling on Fox & Friends about the ongoing revelations of NSA spying and whistleblower Edward Snowden.Speaking Tuesday morning with conservative host Eric Bolling on Fox News’ Fox & Friends, Greenwald hinted that a new NSA story was forthcoming and potentially explosive.

When asked if he was ready to unveil a new NSA scoop, Greenwald responded:

I will say that there are vast programs of both domestic and international spying that the world will be shocked to learn about that the NSA is engaged in with no democratic accountability, and that’s what’s driving our reporting.

Greenwald also gave a preview of this next exposé over the weekend during a speech given to the Socialism 2013 conference, saying it would report on “a brand new technology [that] enables the National Security Agency to redirect into its own repositories one billion cell phones calls every single day.”

The example the Obama administration is setting with Snowden, Greenwald explained to Bolling, is to give a warning to future whistleblowers that the repercussions will be swift and harsh.

I think what the Obama administration wants and has been trying to establish for the last almost five years now with the unprecedented war on whistleblowers that it is waging is to make it so that everybody is petrified of coming forward with information about what our political officials are doing in the dark that is deceitful, illegal or corrupt.

They don’t care about Edward Snowden at this point; he can no longer do anything that he hasn’t already done. What they care about is making an extremely negative example out of him to intimidate future whistleblowers from coming forward because they’ll think that they’re going to end up like him. That’s their objective.

On what he sees as “Snowden’s endgame,” Greenwald, who said he has not seen the whistleblower since he left Hong Kong, replied:

Well, from the very first time that I spoke with him he said that he completely understood that once he came forward against the U.S. government and the Obama administration that he would become the most wanted man on earth, and would be hunted down by the world’s most powerful state, and that he felt that it was worthwhile to do that because he could not in good conscience allow this massive spying program aimed at the American people to be constructed in the dark. And he said obviously he wants to stay out of the clutches of the U.S. government given the way they’ve persecuted whistleblowers. He’s obviously trying to find a place where he can do that but his real goal is to continue to be part of the conversation about why he did what he did, what it is that he saw in the NSA, how these spying powers were being abused, and to continue to make people around the world and his fellow citizens in the United States aware of what their government is doing.

Later on the program, Fox News legal analyst Peter Johnson Jr. said that Greenwald has been “involved with the WikiLeaks” and “has it a little bit mixed up.” Johnson called Greenwald “almost a flack, the alter-ego for the media” for Snowden.

In the interview with Bolling, Greenwald explained:

This is what journalism is about—shining a light on what the most powerful people in the country are doing to them in the dark.

Johnson said that “transparency is the issue”—not the transparency of the U.S. government, officials or the NSA’s vast surveillance program—but about Mr. Greenwald, whom he said may be an “advocacy journalist,” not “merely a reporter.”

Vid at link:
    The link is this:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/252121962...ing-nsa-story/

....waiting on the sidelines....
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Cidersomerset (4th July 2013), fifi (5th July 2013)

20. Link to Post #175
    Thanks

Should Edward Snowden go back to the US?

Published on 3 Jul 2013

Jon Snow speaks to the American columnist and lawyer,
    Glenn Greenwald, who was central to the publication of
    Edward Snowden's revelations in the Guardian newspaper,
    about the next steps for the whistleblower.

Published on 3 Jul 2013

Diplomatic tensions surrounding the fate of the US
    whistleblower Edward Snowden continued to spiral
    outwards across the world.

21. Link to Post #176
    Thanks

Clare Daly Rebukes Bootlicking Irish PM on Snowden

Published on 3 Jul 2013
    Leaders Questions Assylum for Edward Snowden

22. Link to Post #177
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

Here is the conversation that should be taking place in the media and public forums (from the Empire series by Aljazeera):

All this surveillance by the NSA is actually done by private companies who have a profit motive (more, more, more), and who finance political campaigns, so what and who is driving the American security system?

What has gone wrong with the political system (not only in America, because I see this happening all over the world)?

What are the practical implications for what the American security system is doing, for the individual and for the world outside America?

Is this surveillance necessary, i.e. does it actually work in securing Americans against threats?

This is a very intelligent debate, that takes place on a rooftop, which is an ironic metaphor (even though this is the interviewing style of Marwan Bishara, the host)

Here's the link to the Al Jazeera website: http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/...355832213.html

Here it is on YouTube:

Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

Cidersomerset (5th July 2013), Corncrake (5th July 2013), naste.de.lumina (5th July 2013)

24. Link to Post #178
    Thanks

Thanks sdv a good summery at the beginning, Its obvious to us that 1990 was the
    end of one meme The Cold war and the beginning of the NWO via the Neo cons and
    other confederates around the world. The 'War on Terror' the current meme is the
    perfect vehicle for the surveillance state, 'Big Bros' to take control for the corporate
    elites and the puppet masters behind the scenes.

The mainstream media the real digital battlefield has been captured and run by
    them from day one , but certainly since the late 70's after their defeat in
    Vietnam propaganda war, they have been in control starting with the
    Falkands war and the British innovation of imbedding the war correspondents
    like in ww11 controlling for the most part what/where they can report for their
    safety.

The battle ground in now being fought for the web, with U'tubes, mobile phone
    footage, bloggers, alternate news outlets the NSA, Mi6 etc are still trying to stay
    infront . The biggest elephant iin the room is still, many important educated
    middleclass buearocrats cannot get there head around 9/11 was a inside job to
    escalate and prosecute the 'War On Trerror'....

Oliver Stone summed it up pretty well......Also Richard Rowley & Jeremy Scahill
    were very good. But they still skirt around the subject.

The psychiatrist at the end had some good points,
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 5th July 2013 at 11:35.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

sdv (5th July 2013)

26. Link to Post #179
    Thanks

Escobar: 'Imperial hijack' reopens asylum bid for Snowden in Latin America

Published on 4 Jul 2013

Latin American leaders meet to discuss the "hijack" of Bolivian president
    Evo Morales' plane in Austria. Regional leaders presented a united front,
    defending Latin American sovereignty in the face of what they see as
    post-colonial imperialism.

International affairs analyst Pepe Escobar says such a turnover in Snowden
    chase could significantly increase NSA Whistleblower's chances on asylum
    in one of Latin America's countries.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Corncrake (5th July 2013), fifi (5th July 2013)

28. Link to Post #180
    Thanks

Restore the Fourth: Nationwide anti-NSA spying protests hit US

Published on 4 Jul 2013

An anti-NSA surveillance nationwide protest and online campaign
    was triggered on Thursday. It aimed to restore the Fourth
    Amendment of the Bill of Rights, which protects US citizens
    from "unreasonable searches and seizures." - TIMELINE HERE
    http://on.rt.com/lwyj92
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 5th July 2013 at 13:30.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Corncrake (5th July 2013), fifi (5th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1 9 19 50 LastLast