Thread: Ulcer, any good cures/remedies

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Default Ulcer, any good cures/remedies

Hi all

Prob not the right place to put this but, my step daughter has been diagnosed with an ulcer, any ideas for a cure...
    Blessings
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Ulcer, any good cures/remedies

I moved your thread to health/healing forum.

Also, aren't ulcers created by a bacteria, and if so, I would think colloidal silver could be helpful.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Ulcers may have many things that can be a cause for it,including emotional,i believe by changing your dietary habits its not that hard to get it healed,do some research on the web there should be plenty of articles about it i would think?

4. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks

Many thanks Beth, not too sure about bacteria but just looking for advice.

5. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ammit, Is this a stomach ulcer ? If it is your Dr Probably told you that almost all stomache ulcers are caused by the H. Pilori virus. The Dr. that discovered this was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work. early 1990's I think. Almost all "natural remedy" type of books have suggestions on how to do this and many of the "remedies" are the same. Most are extremely easy and you may have the ingredients already at home.You didn't say how old your daughter is. The hardest part for some people is to avoid the foods that irritate the ulcer(s) and to destress as stress triggers excess stomach acids. I think all of us here at Project Avalon( especiallythose in the US) have to be really careful not to give medical advice. In the US it is ILLEGAL to use the "cure" word for treatment of diseases (physical or mental) whether you are in the medical field, a book author or just an everyday person. I don't know about the laws in other countries. I wish your daughter a speedy recovery.

6. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks

Thankyou all

Ethereal blue being, she is 26 years old, as for being told, no, she was just given tabs and told to give it 2 weeks.....

Blessings

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ethereal Blue Being (here)
    In the US it is ILLEGAL to use the "cure" word for treatment of diseases (physical or mental) whether you are in the medical field, a book author or just an everyday person.
    Good thing I used the word 'helpful'

8. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,836 times in 3,731 posts

Ammit,

It is often of great importance to try to discern the underlying reason for the problems.

For example: I have known people with stomach problems like this that resolved down to stress, and that is just other layer, the cause of the stress being the underlying problem.

Once the layers have been identified and resolved from the root cause upwards, healing can be very fast.
    Last edited by Anchor; 30th September 2010 at 01:20.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

It is very important that all stomach (peptic) ulcers be treated by a medical Doctor..as there can be real and serious life threatening consequences such as bleeding..perforation and or infection etc.. I was treated for a stomach ulcer two years ago.

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by caren (here)
    It is very important that all stomach (peptic) ulcers be treated by a medical Doctor..as there can be real and serious life threatening consequences such as bleeding..perforation and or infection etc.. I was treated for a stomach ulcer two years ago.
    Caren, how was yours treated?

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

I had a bleeding ulcer around 7, 8 years ago i was around 30 back then,i never used a doctor for anything,i did my own researche and changed my diet,my ulcer was stress related and i was fully aware of it,once i realized that and figured out the right type of food to help it along the way i healed myself 100 per cent.That was my own personal experience and absolute proof to me that we are creators and how amazing our own powers can be when we focus on the problem with a conscious positive attitude.

12. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Bananas are good for ulcers

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Hello Arpheus,
    I would say that you are very lucky to have "healed" yourself (bleeding ulcer) having done your own research.. and I am glad you are well and healthy.
    However Science has proven that 'most' peptic ulcers are caused by a now well known bacterium called "H.Pylori" and not by stress nor foods eaten. It is known that stress and certain foods we eat may 'aggravate' an already existing peptic ulcer. There are people who have stomach ulcers and have no idea they even have them. This has been documented in the medical research.
    Again, it is very important not to ignore a suspected or known stomach ulcer..Especially..if there is any sigh of bleeding...this can have life threatening consequences for some. Stomach ulcers should not be taken lightly or ignored.

Hi Beth,
    When my ulcer was diagnosed, I had a simple blood test to check for the presence of "H.Pylori" bacteria in my stomach..(this is where it lives..in the stomach). It came back' Positive'. I was given a specific antibiotic to kill the bacteria and after I had taken all the medication..my blood was rechecked for it's presence. It came back 'negative'...no more H..Pylori! My stomach lining was then able to heal with no further symptoms and I felt so much better. Just wished I had known about it sooner...
    love to all

14. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

I highly recommend the web site earthclinic.com . Please go there and click on the tab "ailments" and then look for ulcers. One of the most popular remedies is baking soda (bicarbonate potassium) and apple cider vinegar (with mother), I recommend brand name Bragg, it has to be raw and organic.

Please go there and read all testimonies and ways people did the remedies.

This web site is really amazing and I have used it for some years now, they only present natural remedies for many illnesses and ailments. What I like the most is that is the real people who talk about how they have applied the remedies and real results, it's a wealth of information.

15. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I am just an OjibWa Algonquin Medicine Man, this is not a medical advice, I recommend you to consult your Health Care Provider to get his/her opinion.

In Québec we have took care of this problem with 4 cups of hot water with one table spoon of baking soda.

Wich brings me to Edgar Cayce who has promoted via his almost 15 000 readings the importance of intaking Alkaline food and drink. Baking soda is Alkaline. Now if you look trough Pubmed,org the National Institute of health in US you will find out trough peer reviews, double blind studies, that it is very important to bend towards alkaline food and drinks to avoid the next phase of gastric ulcers , that is Acid Reflux.

If your ulcers give you a real problems do your homework as stated above and you will become probably free from these inconvenience.

Achak Snowy Owl, Algonquin Medicine Man
    Last edited by Snowy Owl; 1st October 2010 at 22:18. Reason: typos
    The economy is to serve the people, not the people to serve the economy -- Manfred Max-Neef

An Old Spanish proverb that says “civilization and anarchy are only seven meals apart''.

Un Vieux proverbe Espagnol qui dit ''la civilisation et l'anarchie ne sont qu'à 7 repas d'écart''.

16. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

I agree with those who have suggested baking soda and water - as it is alkaline and most of our bodies are too acidic.

One must heal the ulcer and then one would be best to stay on the correct alkaline/acid diet. Very simple to follow. Attached is a link:http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/acidalkfoods.html

Of course, one must also review what is happening in their lives and find ways to avoid or reduce stress related situations.

Good Healing, Love, B
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

17. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

This is one instance where drugs may be required. Antibiotics to kill the bacteria.

An easy, safe place to start is with an inexpensive supplement called DGL. It's a licorice extract and will 'rebuild' the soft lining of the stomach. For sure it will cure gastritis and I mean cure. Should help with the ulcer as well. Make sure you get the chocolate flavored. The plain is awful in taste.

18. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Look into an alkaline diet. Many times these are caused by acid diet and lifestyle (stress). The stress also causes acids.

19. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,771 times in 8,385 posts

Can an ulcer be ( or seem to be ) anywhere other than the stomack itself? I've been having what I thought was a grumbling Apendix on and off for a month. A friend just suggested it could be an ulcer.

I'm very well aware that ulcers are serious. I know of someone who died because of a burst ulcer or two. I think his was brought about by excessive alcohol over a lengthy period, but, he'd quit 6 month before his ulcer/s burst.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

20. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Hi Norman,
    Yes..ulcers can also form in the intestines, more commonly in the small intestine. If you are concerned, might be a good idea to visit your Doctor to at least discuss your issue.
    All the best Norman,
    caren

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast