+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A majority on Earth face severe self-inflicted water woes within 2 generations

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

Default A majority on Earth face severe self-inflicted water woes within 2 generations

A majority on Earth face severe self-inflicted water woes within 2 generations: Scientists

Jun 17, 2013

Full Article at http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-amo052313.php

A conference of 500 leading water scientists from around the world today issued a stark warning that, without major reforms, “in the short span of one or two generations, the majority of the 9 billion people on Earth will be living under the handicap of severe pressure on fresh water, an absolutely essential natural resource for which there is no substitute. This handicap will be self-inflicted and is, we believe, entirely avoidable.”

The scientists bluntly pointed to chronic underlying problems led by mismanagement and sent a prescription to policy makers in a 1,000-word declaration issued at the end of a four-day meeting in Bonn, Germany, “Water in the Anthropocene,” organized by the Global Water System Project and detailed in a pre-conference release:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-sig051413.php.

Mismanagement, overuse and climate change pose long-term threats to human well-being, and evaluating and responding to those threats constitutes a major challenge to water researchers and managers alike. Countless millions of individual local human actions add up and reverberate into larger regional, continental and global changes that have drastically changed water flows and storage, impaired water quality, and damaged aquatic ecosystems.

Human activity thus plays a central role in the behavior of the global water system.

Full Article at http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-amo052313.php

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Bubu (21st June 2013), Ellisa (21st June 2013), Kristi (21st June 2013), Lazlo (21st June 2013), mosquito (21st June 2013), naste.de.lumina (21st June 2013), william r sanford72 (21st June 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

Default Re: A majority on Earth face severe self-inflicted water woes within 2 generations

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,560 times in 5,028 posts

Default Re: A majority on Earth face severe self-inflicted water woes within 2 generations

Fracking Irresponsible controllers destroying our source of life and our planet
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Bubu (21st June 2013), Camilo (21st June 2013), Ellisa (21st June 2013), InTheBackground (21st June 2013), Joseph McAree (29th July 2013), naste.de.lumina (21st June 2013), william r sanford72 (21st June 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

No one lives in the country I do and thinks that water is anything other than the most precious resource on the planet.

Its importance has been recognised for many years, and it has been suggested that, forget oil, the next big world war will be fought over access to water.
    Last edited by Ellisa; 21st June 2013 at 00:49. Reason: errant apostrophe

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Bubu (21st June 2013), Camilo (21st June 2013), Gardener (21st June 2013), mosquito (21st June 2013), naste.de.lumina (21st June 2013), william r sanford72 (21st June 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

PRS..Here we go again!!! After CO2 capture which is equal to less plants and less oxygen of course; comes water capture.
    The word “500 scientist” alone should ring an alarm bell. Now they are creating water problem to justify the control of water. Hurry folks let us wake up the awaken.

I copy pasted the below from the thread started by White Feather yesterday. I conclude that the story is a classic bait and switch operation. Story could be true but then take note of the highlighted phrase.:

"Learn and practice everything you can to be the most powerful person you can be.

Follow your dreams and listen your heart. You can do it, you can do anything."

I took this as singular so I wanna change it to "Together you can do anything"

Yes we can do anything. I am sending this video of bastard nestle ceo to friends and as many people and start a “Don’t buy nestle Campaign”
    WE CAN DO ANYTHING what do you think.

I need someone to watch them because once they are on the verge of collapse they are gonna change their name from nestle to "Naste"

just kiidding my friend

Halo Dennis may I borrow this please.

"Do not waste this! We need to use everything we have to show how corrupt and sinister these Overlords are. A superb opportunity just fell in our lap - are we going to be smart enough to use it to our advantage?"

"I"m not a coward, I'm not a coward" Col. Lawrence.

Of course there is no reason to be he is a spirit and he is not gonna die.

I love the Syrian Girl and Monique of ANTM. They tell me that people are ready for the morning calisthenics.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Camilo (21st June 2013), mosquito (21st June 2013), naste.de.lumina (21st June 2013), TargeT (21st June 2013), william r sanford72 (21st June 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

PS
    Please save the video and the article. They might vanish it.

We have a vast ocean that can shallow the whole land mass on earth. we have the technologies to convert sea water to fresh water, we have free energy devices that can power the desalination plants forever. Water is not a Problem. The greedy is the problem. The intent to control water has been clearly stated. There should be no trouble connecting the dots.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92C05720130313

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_...salination.pdf

http://portal.acs.org/portal/acs/cor...5-2de1503c7a83

They are working to control the food; the air ; and water.

Its not a question of courage but rather awareness. Awareness that if humanity don't act now our children and grandchildren are gonna wake up someday to the fact that they have nothing to lose because everything was already taken from them and daddy did nothing.

"It's bad government and inaction that leads to tyranny" Col Lawrence

I Love that guy
    Last edited by Bubu; 21st June 2013 at 08:13.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

mosquito (22nd June 2013), william r sanford72 (21st June 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,120 times in 744 posts

Makes you wonder abuot the end game.

The ocean is huge, more of it than land. But look at all the pollution and destruction going on with it? If water does become privatised people will turn to the ocean and de-salinating water for personal use - only to find it poisioned by radiation, corexit, seweage, and all the other pleasant stuff that we humans put there.

Food, now Water is on the Radar... after that, or possibly at the same time Air as well. keep in mind the carbon tax over here can easily be modified to include your oxygen - pay or they'll stop you from using it sounds about right, no? and all they need is more media about oncoming crisis, fear mongering and bullying to put this into place.

Can we hurry up with the removal of the PTB yet?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

Bubu (21st June 2013), Camilo (21st June 2013), william r sanford72 (21st June 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

"The ocean is huge, more of it than land. But look at all the pollution and destruction going on with it?"

Not to worry with the pollution brother.billions and billions of gallons of brackish water is turned to fresh drinking water all over the world everyday. As soon as we are able to dismantle the wedge of division driven between humanity by the elite we can cleanup every pollution on the face of this planet. It is the elite who is driving people to destroy nature to carve a survival path.

There is no problem with water, not with air plants or the people the only problem is the elite and the inability of humanity to act together.

But as we can see time is changing whistle blowers coming forward more people condemning the elite more UFO's. etc.

We'll get to it there shall be no passports no land titles no bosses no money no properties..........

Peace and love by humanity to humanity

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

jiminii (21st June 2013), mosquito (22nd June 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,009 times in 1,932 posts

Quote Posted by nature (here)
    "The ocean is huge, more of it than land. But look at all the pollution and destruction going on with it?"

Not to worry with the pollution brother.billions and billions of gallons of brackish water is turned to fresh drinking water all over the world everyday. As soon as we are able to dismantle the wedge of division driven between humanity by the elite we can cleanup every pollution on the face of this planet. It is the elite who is driving people to destroy nature to carve a survival path.

There is no problem with water, not with air plants or the people the only problem is the elite and the inability of humanity to act together.

But as we can see time is changing whistle blowers coming forward more people condemning the elite more UFO's. etc.

We'll get to it there shall be no passports no land titles no bosses no money no properties..........

Peace and love by humanity to humanity
    ok but I get to keep my teeth ... (I don't think they will fit anyone else anyway) ...haha

jim

+ Reply to Thread