+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are christian bibles nothing but lies?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,558 times in 5,028 posts

Default Re: Are christian bibles nothing but lies?

Quote Posted by jiminii (here)

to be a true christian bible you would have to have a bible that can teach you how to be a Jesus Christ ... where did he learn this ??? there are stories of him being in TIbet and learned this from the Tibetians ... now ... if Constantine has all the priest decide how THEY want to INTERPRET the bible ...then is is NOT TRUTH ... it is WHAT these priest decided to put in the bible ..
    and the fact that .. the bible comes from India .. which is a Veda from India .. called "the book of job" .. tells you this ... "where is the reincarnation?" ... means they took it all out to put in the Persian Idea of Heaven and Hell .. so that they could control the people ...
    now Buddhism teaches you how to be a Buddhist ... but Christianity says he is a god ... well I got one good question... who isn't a god .... .. take us back to source to the static where we came from you will find all of us are creating this universe ... this is an agreed upon universe ... and that is why when you toss the ball hoping to hit the target .. and you can see it isn't going to hit the target and you try to move it while it is on its path to the target ... it doesn't move .in the direction you intend it ... it goes straight to where you threw it ... it agrees to the laws WE PUT in this universe .. NOT your OWN personal wishes

jim
    So we agree.
    I mention this in the thread also Jim. Having traveled around India many times.

Quote Posted by billyji (here)

Ok i will throw in my tupence worth here, For more documentation read up Jesus's lost years and Nicola Notivitch, Also A book i read in India titled
    " Jesus lived in India", Manuscripts of Jesus's existence do exist. Off topic but there you go.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Billy For This Post:

jiminii (23rd June 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Hi humanalien. . . I would like to say first that I have always felt that you are probably one of the sweetest souls on PA.

I can appreciate your confusion on how these chapters in Genesis are written (or the entire ‘bible’ for that matter). Keep in mind these are very ancient writings and present day theologians and linguists have had to interpret them from cultural languages that are nearly extinct.

Throw in interpretation from individuals and groups that have a very specific agenda, not only in 325 AD but in current day translation and teachings from ALL religious sects.

I have studied what we know as the Holy Bible for many many years and used several current day ‘bibles’ as well as original Greek and Hebrew.

Instead of laboring over the seemily error or lie concerning the order of creation, I feel you have overlooked a more fascinating and soul shaking verse.

This one verse is what set me on my path to awakening and understanding. This one verse is what opened up my entire knowledge and understanding of who we are and what ‘all this’ is about and where we are headed.

. . . . and it is incredible and wonderful.

That verse is and taken from your above post:

Quote Now God Creates man

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after
    our likeness:
    and let them have dominion over the fish
    of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the
    cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping
    thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    I could never get past that one verse . . . . Who was ‘god’ talking to?? Who is the ‘us’ and the ‘our’??

This was a group of Beings that ‘created man’ and not only that but this ‘man’ was ‘created’ in their image and after their likeness.

I will also throw in here that the original creation of the ‘Man Being’ was androgynous . . . this Being was both male and female. It was not until later that the femaleness or female (Eve) was taken quite literally ‘out of’ or from the original androgynous Being who then was referred to as the male (Adam).

So who was the the group of creators who created this original genderless being who was in their likeness and image??

. . . . . the journey to the answer of that question, my sweet friend, can be found in your avatar.

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,009 times in 1,932 posts

I've been told different stories in Scientology ... like the crossing of the red sea ... was when this moses and his people were in a diferent part of the galaxy and was about to be wiped out and they managed to create a space time warp to get from that part of the universe to this part of the universe ... and they came through the warp and got to this part of the universe ,then closed the warp .. but some of the enemies got through the warp too ... so one group settled on a continent in the atlantic and another settled in a continent in the pacific ... and the atlantians were atlantis and the pacific were lamurians .... and eventually they got in a war .. and were using magnetic weapons to try to destroy the other ... and shifted the earth off it's axis ... so the entire planet was flooded .... and they left thinking it wasn't worth staying here ... but there was this noah that built this ark and salvaged all the dna of all the lifeforms on the planet and when the waters came down .. they settled on the ural mountains ... and developed the species ... and turned them loose .... after this they eventually left this mountain and some went east and found it full of harsh deserts and frozen mountains and learned how to survive by being able to endure hardships .. the ones that went west found all these forest and game ... and found the best way to survive was to be fast and strike hard ... the ones in the east had lot of time and past down the vedas from one father to son ... and those in the west never wrote anything ... and these vedas eventually showed up in the mideast .. became all this new interpreted bibles and etc ...
    not sure how accurate I told this story (was long ago ) .. don' t even know if it is true ...

jim
    Last edited by jiminii; 23rd June 2013 at 16:02.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminii For This Post:

chocolate (23rd June 2013), humanalien (24th June 2013)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Another important lie: "And FIRST there was WORD".........................truth is THOUGHT came before word.

Just like they teach us in first grade. George Washington was the first president of the US.........NOT

It seems, the human being is being groomed, to have major trust issues. Divide and conquer. Seems also to be very effective.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

humanalien (24th June 2013)

8. Link to Post #25
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    Another important lie: "And FIRST there was WORD".........................truth is THOUGHT came before word.

Just like they teach us in first grade. George Washington was the first president of the US.........NOT

It seems, the human being is being groomed, to have major trust issues. Divide and conquer. Seems also to be very effective.

In ancient Hebrew the word “word” does not mean spoken vocalizations or an actual spoken word. In our language (English and other dialects) this is the best way this ‘word’ could be translated

In ancient Hebrew and in using the entire passage that contains this concept the word “word” means (roughly or best I can try to say) . . . . the beginning of the beginning of sentient thought and manifestation.

It is deeply powerful and unfathomable.

9. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

I remember when I was still young and innocent, I said I wanted to learn the original language the bible was composed with, so that I can read and understand for myself. I was told- "you are stupid". That was all in time when we were still living in the world of lies and deception. But I had that strange idea, which later proved to be a good one.

I did not learn Hebrew, but I did find in most unusual places answers to my questions.
    I came across this several months ago:
    http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Teachin...2014157&sr=1-1

The truth about all religion is, for me, that it makes a very clever mixture of truths and non-truths, deceptions and twists of the truths. And because there is a part that holds it together being solid, people tend to make the assumption everything is like that. But many have questionеа authority and many have lifted the veil.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by chocolate; 24th June 2013 at 16:02.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

humanalien (24th June 2013), Kraut (24th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (25th June 2013)

11. Link to Post #27
    Canada Avalon Member Youniverse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 times in 532 posts

There is a core of spiritual truth in the Bible covered by countless layers of distortion and dysfunction.
    If we want to be enlightened, we need to lighten up

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Youniverse For This Post:

chocolate (24th June 2013), humanalien (24th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (25th June 2013)

13. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Another1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 times in 258 posts

There is something I did find with the bible long ago and got a laugh when I saw the concept written into a book by Richard Bach called Illusions - I've met other people that this happened with but do not know if it is common.

A person may hold this book in their hands and meditate upon a question, then trust and open it to a page, seemingly at random, that somehow addresses your question. This could be explained a dozen different ways I suppose but I do know it works and can help a person find meat.

The book itself holds a wealth of raw data and part of me believes that Universal Law required the truth to be in it. Perhaps the attorneys for our side missed the clause about percentages of horse pucky allowed though.
    Last edited by Another1; 24th June 2013 at 03:55. Reason: typo

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Another1 For This Post:

chocolate (24th June 2013), humanalien (24th June 2013), Kraut (24th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (25th June 2013)

15. Link to Post #29
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,246 times in 853 posts

Quote Posted by chocolate (here)
    I remember when I was still young and innocent, I said I wanted to learn the original language the bible was composed with, so that I can read and understand for myself. I was told- "you are stupid". That was all in time when we were still living in the world of lies and deception. But I had that strange idea, which later proved to be a good one.

I did not learn Hebrew, but I did find in most unusual places answers to my questions.
    I came across this several months ago:
    http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Teachin...2014157&sr=1-1

The truth about all religion is, for me, that it makes a very clever mixture of truths and non-truths, deceptions and twists of the truths. And because there is a part that holds it together being solid, people tend to make the assumption everything is like that. But many have question authority and many have lifted the veil.

I hope this helps.
    And there lies the problem. There are truths in the christian
    bible but which are truth and which are lies or deceptions or
    mistranslations?

It would seem that the bible is full of those and as you said,
    people just make assumptions on the rest of it and it's based
    on nothing but their own opinions or the opinions of others.

How can one say that the bible is fact or truthful when right
    at the beginning, you already faced with several lies or what-
    ever one wants to call them.

Between the first and second chapters of Genesis, the order
    of creation does not match up with each other. Is that a lie
    or is it someones screw up during translation? Why wasn't it
    fixed years ago?

I know if i dug around a lot more in the OT, that i could dig
    up many more lies and i have found some but what would
    be the point? I already know there are lies in the bible so there-
    fore the bible must not contain much truth.

I still believe in God, don't ask me why, but i do. I believe that
    there is an intelligent design involved when mankind and the world
    were created.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humanalien For This Post:

Another1 (24th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (25th June 2013)

17. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    Hi humanalien. . . I would like to say first that I have always felt that you are probably one of the sweetest souls on PA.

I can appreciate your confusion on how these chapters in Genesis are written (or the entire ‘bible’ for that matter). Keep in mind these are very ancient writings and present day theologians and linguists have had to interpret them from cultural languages that are nearly extinct.

Throw in interpretation from individuals and groups that have a very specific agenda, not only in 325 AD but in current day translation and teachings from ALL religious sects.

I have studied what we know as the Holy Bible for many many years and used several current day ‘bibles’ as well as original Greek and Hebrew.

Instead of laboring over the seemily error or lie concerning the order of creation, I feel you have overlooked a more fascinating and soul shaking verse.

This one verse is what set me on my path to awakening and understanding. This one verse is what opened up my entire knowledge and understanding of who we are and what ‘all this’ is about and where we are headed.

. . . . and it is incredible and wonderful.

That verse is and taken from your above post:

Quote Now God Creates man

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after
    our likeness:
    and let them have dominion over the fish
    of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the
    cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping
    thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    I could never get past that one verse . . . . Who was ‘god’ talking to?? Who is the ‘us’ and the ‘our’??

This was a group of Beings that ‘created man’ and not only that but this ‘man’ was ‘created’ in their image and after their likeness.

I will also throw in here that the original creation of the ‘Man Being’ was androgynous . . . this Being was both male and female. It was not until later that the femaleness or female (Eve) was taken quite literally ‘out of’ or from the original androgynous Being who then was referred to as the male (Adam).

So who was the the group of creators who created this original genderless being who was in their likeness and image??

. . . . . the journey to the answer of that question, my sweet friend, can be found in your avatar.
    There is no way to prove or disprove that so i guess each person
    has to make up their own minds as to what they want to believe.

Who or what is God, is anyones guess.

I've heard many different variations of aliens that claim to be our
    creators and i've heard some really wild and way out there tales.

Some sounded believable and some sounded like outright lies so
    who or what does one believe?

Getting back to the bible, if you really start reading it, you will
    probably come o the same conclusion as i did. Right from the
    start of our creation, God set us up to fail.

After God and satan had their war in heaven, with God being
    the victor, why did God cast satan down to earth, knowing
    that this was the planet that he was going to create man on?

What did God allow satan to stay on earth after man was created?

God knew satan would do something to cause man to fall from
    grace, yet he allowed satan to do it anyway. Why would God
    do that?

That's like leaving your kids at home with a murderer while you
    go shopping at walmart, know full well that the murderer will
    kill your kid. It makes no sense at all.

If you ever read Job, God says that he was the most obedient
    and trustful server on all the earth. Satan went to heaven, acting
    like God best friend and said, let me have a crack at Job and i'll
    have him cursing your name. God let satan do it and job wound
    up losing his family, his money, his livestock and he got a case
    of very painful boils on top of it all.

Why would God put job through all of that when job was the most
    obedient of all of Gods servants on all the earth?

Why was God all buddy buddy with satan when satan was suppose to
    be kicked out of heaven?

I'm telling ya, the OT is just rife with contradictions, lies and mistranslations.

How can God ever expect to gain followers when his holy word is full of lies?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to humanalien For This Post:

Another1 (24th June 2013), Billy (24th June 2013), Kraut (24th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (25th June 2013)

19. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,558 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by humanalien (here)

There is no way to prove or disprove that so i guess each person
    has to make up their own minds as to what they want to believe.

Who or what is God, is anyones guess.

After God and satan had their war in heaven, with God being
    the victor, why did God cast satan down to earth, knowing
    that this was the planet that he was going to create man on?

What did God allow satan to stay on earth after man was created?

God knew satan would do something to cause man to fall from
    grace, yet he allowed satan to do it anyway. Why would God
    do that?

Why would God put job through all of that when job was the most
    obedient of all of Gods servants on all the earth?

Why was God all buddy buddy with satan when satan was suppose to
    be kicked out of heaven?

I'm telling ya, the OT is just rife with contradictions, lies and mistranslations.

How can God ever expect to gain followers when his holy word is full of lies?
    My thoughts are that the God of the OT, The one known as Yahway was not Creator God of all that is. He was one of the Elonim. He had within him huge issues just like many humans have. Insecure, Jealous. Angry. Controller, Committed Genocide. And all were part of universal dysfunctional families who were at war and still are with each other.

Quote Posted by billyji (here)

Mauro translates the word TSELEM and Elohim.

From what we can draw out of the literal translation of the bible, thus from the definition of the consonantic roots. The bible tells us that we have been made using Elonim's TSELEM. Usually all translations you have say that "We are made in Gods image and after his likeness"

Do you understand ELOHIM? Elohim is a biblical term which is usually translated as "GOD". Actually Elohim is a plural term. By the way, Maybe because from the point of view of the semitic philology things are not so simple as often stated.

Therefore it is NOT so certain that Elohim is the plural of "EL" meaning GOD. So when we talk about Elohim we say the stuff that we traditionally identify with God. But definitely in the bible it means "A lot of people". No doubt about that.

The cult says that we are "MADE" the traditional translation. In the image and after the likeness. Actually the bible says that "We are made after the likeness, but with something that contains Elohims Image"

The dictionaries edited by the Rabbis say more. they state that TSELEM derives from the verb TSALAM which means to "Cut out of" What the bible literaly says is, That we were made using a certain amount of material which contains Elohims Image and that it has been cut out.

Now everyone of us immediately knows what we are refering to when we say that something that contains the image of an individual has been "Cut out" It is DNA.

because the Sumarians, who never thought of creating a RELIGION, NEVER. They Never built a temple. They never talked of GODS the way we mean it. But they spoke about those guys. Biagio Russo Talked very well about it before. They certainly respected those people, They were afraid of them. Because obviously as you can understand, Those guys were much more powerful from the point of view of knowledge and technology.

But they did NOT consider them as GODS. As have been indicated afterwards. Sumarians never build a temple. The way we mean it. Hence Sumarians who were much more precise and who knew those were not unerring Gods. They had no scruples of telling of their failures.

I mean no people are so stupid to create such kinds of Gods, Adore them and at the same time say that these guys proceeded by trials and errors.

When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

chocolate (24th June 2013), humanalien (24th June 2013), Joseph McAree (29th July 2013), Kraut (24th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (25th June 2013)

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 times in 176 posts

...How can God ever expect to gain followers when his holy word is full of lies?
    Hi Humanalien,
    look at it from a more "primitive" view. Lets say we live in biblical times. No technology like today. Any higher evolved being could come to us, impress us with their powers and we'd conclude it has to be God. There seem to be many levels of "godhood". In my opinion there is a supreme creator being or intelligence, that most likely we can hardly comprehend or define. What I view as everyone's personal birthright is: sovereignty. That's the beauty- "God" needs no followers, he doesn't want them. Everyone is a sovereign being. Religion and the bible tries to keep people away from realizing that.

Because of my religious background I used to ask a lot of the same questions you do. I used to read in the bible every day, every week. Many things, especially in the Old Testament didn't make sense to me and many around me would sometimes ask themselves why God did certain things or punish certain people but decided not to punish others who did worse things. The God you refer to who expects people to follow him is nothing but a poser. He is not God, even if he may believe it, you get a slightly better idea of what the real God is like by what Jesus taught about the Father.

One part of my letting go of my bible programming was accepting the knowing that the bible is not really God's word, at first I accepted it wasn't inerrant as many believe. After some time I realized there was truth in the bible, but the bible itself was not God's word, it has no authority.

If I were you I would stop worrying about the lies, and instead take what's good, what makes you feel at peace and leave it at that. Focus on the positive in the gospels if you want to. The biggest lie in the bible and many religions is that we need redemption. Forget about that, we don't. The real "God", the real supreme creator accepts you the way you are now. And loves you. That is what religion doesn't want us to realize so they can keep controlling us, even if it's just in the back of our minds through lingering doubts.

To illustrate the point:

Just because a being is more powerful than us it doesn't mean we have to bow and fall on our knees. Just because a being seems to be higher and full of light, it doesn't mean it isn't deluded in some way. So, just because a book claims to be God's word it doesn't mean it really is.
    Last edited by Kraut; 24th June 2013 at 12:16.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kraut For This Post:

Another1 (24th June 2013), Billy (24th June 2013), humanalien (24th June 2013), naste.de.lumina (25th June 2013)

23. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

I'm just curious as to what other people think about
    the first 2 chapters of Genesis.

The Bible was written by Kabbalists, and the underlying principle of Kabbalah is that everything in creation begins as a thought. The thought process of the Creator is called "Involution" and it leads to the physical manifestation of those thoughts. It is the same as you designing your own home in your mind, transferring it to blueprints, and then you can give them to contractors to make your thoughts become reality.

So the first chapter is describing Involution, and the second is describing Evolution as it takes place after creation.

From the Involution link above, wiki says:

Quote The term involution refers to different things depending on the writer. In some instances it refers to a process that occurs prior to evolution and gives rise to the cosmos, in others an aspect of evolution, and still others a process that follows the completion of evolution in the human form.

This book does the best job of explaining it that I have come across so far, and I think it should be required reading for anyone who has ever read the Bible...

Deceptions And Myths Of The Bible

It goes on to explain that many of the Bible stories are along the same lines and are describing the same processes. Blavatsky and others have affirmed these interpretations.

As for the rest of the "lies", although it can be highly deceptive, the Bible really doesn't lie much at all. It makes no attempt to hide the evilness of the Demiurge. It clearly shows that the "Creator" is deluded, thinks he is the "Most High", directly orders the atrocities recorded in the Bible, and contradicts himself by admitting to being jealous of "other gods".
    Last edited by Prodigal Son; 24th June 2013 at 13:41.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

Another1 (24th June 2013), chocolate (24th June 2013), humanalien (24th June 2013), Kraut (24th June 2013)

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

I'm thinking that our true creator God, can not be seen,
    heard or physically felt. I think it was that God that
    created all that there is, maybe including some other
    higher life forms. I'm thinking that our true God is
    thought energy.

I also think that it was these higher life forms that did
    the creation of mankind or possibly all life on earth.
    Plant, insects, animal and human.

Since God is thought, God needed to send a physical
    representative of him and we might know him as Gods
    WORD.

This is only my guess though as i have no proof of this.

I think that our current God(Word) and satan are like democrats
    and republicans. One side acts like they are the good guys
    but in reality, both sides have the same agenda. What that
    agenda is, i haven't got a clue.

To me, it makes sense because in the story of job, that i just
    told you, satan goes to heaven to talk with God but God
    supposedly had already cast satan from heaven, so how is it
    that satan still has free access to Gods realm in heaven?

I must be because both of them are playing the same games
    with us lowly humans and it matters not what happens to us.

The bible does speak of giants roaming the earth way back then
    so maybe the people from nibiru were already on this planet to
    when God create us.

Maybe it was the people from nibiru that were acting as gods before
    mankind.

Who knows. It's all very confusing.

Some of you are saying to just concentrate on the NT but i have
    problems with that as well. It still teaches about hell fire and damnation
    for the sinners of the world. Would creator God really send people to hell,
    to burn for eternity? This is torcher beyond belief. Can you imagine feeling
    you flesh burn forever? This isn't a punishment, it's sadistic. This is something
    that satan would be maybe but not a creator God.

Then jesus later in the bible says, "I come not to bring peace but a sword".

Even jesus is in on the game. It's either follow my rules or i'll slice you
    to pieces and you can burn in hell for eternity.

All this talk about a loving God and Jesus, just doesn't hold much truth to
    me any more. You can't be loving and threaten to destroy you, if you don't
    obey.

That would be like me telling my kids that. If my kids loved me at all
    after that, it would be out of fear, not true love.

I got a little off track here and i apologize. There are so many thoughts
    running through my head that i lost track there for a minute....

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humanalien For This Post:

Kraut (24th June 2013), Prodigal Son (25th June 2013)

27. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Prodigal Son (here)

The Bible was written by Kabbalists, and the underlying principle of Kabbalah is that everything in creation begins as a thought. The thought process of the Creator is called Involution and it leads to the physical manifestation of those thoughts.

So the first chapter is describing Involution, and the second is describing Evolution as it takes place after creation.

As for the rest of the "lies", although it can be highly deceptive, the Bible really doesn't lie much at all. It makes no attempt to hide the evilness of the Demiurge. It clearly shows that the "Creator" is deluded, thinks he is the "Most High", directly orders the atrocities recorded in the Bible, and contradicts himself by admitting to being jealous of "other gods".
    I am no specialist of Bible studies definitely, but I noticed in the book that I suggested and probably it is similarly explained in the book Prodigal Son has suggested, that the importance is put on the translation and on the point of view of the reader. Also one really needs to have knowledge of kabbalah to be able to understand what is in the text. The text is created in code and also in symbolic form. It is a tale, but if you don't know what deciphering mechanism to use, you can find the dead end, or as is in our case, the twisted end, easily.
    I will quote here the beginning of the book related to God(s) and Evolution/Involution:

"1.
    The Secret Teachings

The first book of the Torah or Bible is called Bere s h i t h (given the Hebrew writing of the word which I cannot recreate right now) or Genesis, and was given to humanity thousands of years ago by the great Master Moshe (Moses). Genesis is the book of the GNOSTICS.
    In order to understand the teachings of Moses one needs to know the Hebrew letters.
    One also needs to know about Kabbalah, whose primary symbol is the tree of Life that God placed in the midst of the Garden.

TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE TEACHINGS OF MOSES YOU NEED TO BE THOUGHT HOW TO READ HIS WRITINGS..."
    <end of citation>

In the book everything is explained - the Hebrew letters as sounds, numbers and shapes!, and the symbolism of Kabbalah in quite some detail, so at the end you are presented with tools to use in your own research and understanding. That is what I like about this particular book. I suppose this is available in a similar way in other books and teachings.

It is too short of a text I have rewritten to really understand the complexity of the texts, but at least I hope you understand better that it is easy to twist the meaning when translating. And if you are not able to read everything for yourself, and you do not know how to look at the text, it is almost fruitless to attempt to extract any definite meaning, at least the true meaning that the writer(many authors) has/have put inside.

Just a note: Kabbalah has been opened to the western world recently, and before that it has been available for people with the corresponding family tradition/religion/background/sex (the woman has been kept outside of the kabbalah teachings).

The beauty for me is in the fact that everything the Bible/Genesis says is actually already existing in me and in the world in different forms. It is about moral, right view, right action, cause and effect, the right intention, and so on. The sex as a practice is also stressed heavily (in my book at least) because it is stated that the it is the most powerful force in the universe and it should be used with a great respect, understanding, wisdom and care. But that is besides the point, it is good to take a look at what might have actually been implanted in the teachings and has stayed obscured for quite some time. Now at least we have people/teachers/scholars helping us understand more.
    I was quite thankful and amazed to have found this particular book.
    I haven't read the other one suggested, but I may try to find it.

I hope, humanalien, you will find some time to read and investigate for yourself, based on the help and suggestions you have found already among the people here, because it is actually quite an interesting journey you have started.
    Last edited by chocolate; 25th June 2013 at 10:20.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Another1 (24th June 2013), humanalien (24th June 2013), Prodigal Son (25th June 2013)

29. Link to Post #36
    Canada Avalon Member Youniverse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 times in 532 posts

Is anyone else here familiar with the Conversations With God trilogy? If not, I would recomend having a look at it. There is a fair amount of detail there about how the whole idea of a wrathful 'needy' God was created, among many other paradigm shifting revelations. You can decide for yourselves(you always will) if what's said there resonates as spiritual truth, or if it's all made up. But of course, there may be many versions of the same topic that are equally true. It all depends on the perspective.
    If we want to be enlightened, we need to lighten up

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Youniverse For This Post:

chocolate (25th June 2013), humanalien (25th June 2013), Kraut (25th June 2013)

31. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2