+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Lets talk about Addiction...

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member 4Talismans's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Lets talk about Addiction...

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    I didn't stop gambling with my SO until we were out of money --

but in general, trying to keep busy and active (engaged/not bored) helped me not to think of gambling.

thinking of the losses we've inflicted helps me not to think of gambling.

your health is priceless ^-^

are there cleaner brands of roll your own tobacco out there,
    things that don't have cigarette manufacturer poisons in them?
    The only organic brand I have ever found is American Spirit. Google it. I agree my health is priceless. Being sick for two days is a small price to pay for the better health I will enjoy without cigs.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by chocolate (here)
    Quote Posted by 4Talismans (here)
    What happened for me, was I created the circumstances that would allow me to quit smoking. I got sick (I'm NEVER sick).
    Sorry you were sick, but glad you are on the right track. I think if you change your view on life, you will never need to smoke again. People who never get sick are strong people, so use that strength.

C.
    I think your right.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Talismans For This Post:

chocolate (5th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Quote are there cleaner brands of roll your own tobacco out there,
    things that don't have cigarette manufacturer poisons in them?
    Natural American Spirit, quit good actually, a bit dry for rolies but good tobacco, a bit light, but pretty good. If you also are a broccoli cougher, it mixes well

4. Link to Post #43
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

For the (ex)smokers out there some more information:
    http://www.naturalnews.com/041906_sm...#ixzz2dxKpgBnW

And another article:
    "What if you found out that the third most addicting drug in the world was "juiced up" with a potent, deadly and volatile chemical, and has been for five decades? Let's get right into this one: ammonia does not register on nicotine level testing, but a chemical process similar to freebasing cocaine is used to enhance the potency of nicotine up to 35 times, and this alone converts bound nicotine molecules into free molecules, reaching the heart and brain within 3 seconds. This form of nicotine is highly addictive and travels so quickly in the body because it vaporizes into a gas that is absorbed by the lungs and then distributed to the brain and heart immediately.
    Read the full article here: http://www.naturalnews.com/042639_fr...#ixzz2ifg1O1x1
    Last edited by chocolate; 24th October 2013 at 21:50.

5. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,406 times in 5,730 posts

Published on Mar 14, 2012
    The 1st installment of Versus, The Google+ Debate Series
    This is a debate organized by Intelligence squared.... Is it time that the world will end the war on drugs?
    OK, Russell Brand is involved.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

gaiagirl (10th November 2013)

7. Link to Post #45
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

http://www.naturalnews.com/043324_ce...#ixzz2obZcHPC8

"Little do most people realize that food agents and cigarettes create more than just an imbalance of the central nervous system (CNS), they create anxiety, nervousness, agitation and depression, and it's all what doctors often refer to as "chemical imbalance." Most doctors of Western Medicine will prescribe pharmaceuticals for this imbalance without regard to diet, exercise or simply FILTERING out toxins that are entering the body daily, sometimes even hourly.
    [...]
    There are over 46,000,000 smokers in America, most of whom do not consider food agents to be part of their problems or would rather take a boatload of pills than change what they eat and drink. There are people who will never stop eating their MSG-loaded fast food, their deli meats or their processed chips and baked goods. Others are consuming aspartame all the time and have no idea of the health dangers, drinking cough medicines and headache syrups, chewing synthetic gum and sucking on nerve disruptor mints. I bet it's even in vitamins.
    [...]
    Top it all off with some genetically mutated tobacco that's "cured" with ammonia and burned inside bleached paper, and you have a CNS nightmare that demands relief, not only from the "cigarette hangover" that comes every half hour to 45 minutes but also from the recurring migraine headaches due to the MSG ringing in their ears. Throw in the shakes and some cramps, some misfiring synapses in the brain and some pinging, shooting pains running down the middle of the arms and legs randomly, and you have millions of people running to their doctors (Western medicine witch doctors) so that somebody will scribble out a prescription that eases the pain, quells the nervous twitches, reduces the anxiety and, God knows, something to numb the stress. The hook, line and sinker are "sunk" in, and the fish are all biting. It's the American formula, the actual "prescription" for a prescription. Eat MSG, drink and chew Aspartame, and smoke cigarettes, and not only will the healthcare nightmare include some gigantic bills, but the chronic care system will strap you to a table and pump your veins full of "zombie" juice until you give Big Pharma every last dollar you've ever made, including social security.
    [...]
    Get with the program and filter out the three great CNS disruptors from your life. Here are some great substitutions for CNS disruptors:
    Brewer's yeast (lots of vitamin B) and nutritional yeast are both great substitutes for that salty kick you're looking for in your food.
    Xylitol and Stevia are great natural substitutes for sugar. Spry gum and Pur gum do not contain synthetic sweeteners and still taste great! Organic mints like "Newman's Own" are a smart choice. Also check out Xyla mints.
    Organic tobacco is the first smart step in quitting smoking. Check out the all natural "14&Out" method that helps smokers kick the habit in 14 days or less, without chemicals, nicotine or gimmicks. It's just chemical knowledge, behavior modification and nutrition for the follow up."

8. Link to Post #46
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

4Talismans

There are simple things to enjoy and bring pleasure without addiction, when we exercise discipline we can enjoy a lot of great things without being afraid of these. The one greatest and most stabilizing factor for me is meditation, nothing fancy, just start the day and or during the day, even end of the day, I meditate even for a few minutes at a time. This has been for me the number one component to a great day and the discipline to keep it that way. Meditation is something that costs nothing but is there any time you desire to practice it.

9. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

http://discovermagazine.com/2014/march#.Uu51RYR_iPp

Nicotine: Good for you?
    unfortunately this is just the title here. But if anyone is interested can buy the magazine and read the article.
    This is in the March Issue of this year (2014).

The world is in a constant state of change, so staying fixed on an idea seems counter-intuitive.

For me the health of the body is important, but my sanity is priceless.

I am large enough to allow contradictions.
    Last edited by chocolate; 2nd February 2014 at 17:01.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Shezbeth (3rd February 2014)

11. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 times in 276 posts

My mum died a while ago from lung cancer. She was in a hospice in England. I'd fly over from Canada to be with her as much as i could. In one of my last visits to her, i'd flown through the night, landed in Heathrow, rented a car and drove through London rush hour traffic to be with her. Walking in to her private room, she looked at me and the first words out of her mouth were "take me out for a cigarette"... no hello, how was your flight... so i got her out of bed and into a wheelchair, took her outside for a couple of "fags" and then back into the hospice and up the elevator to her room. I got her back into bed and she looked at me and said "take me out for a cigarette..." I said "mum we just went out" ... She said "Son, you don't understand addiction..." I didn't feel like breaking the news of my 30 year addiction to her at this stage of the game.

On her last day, i was not with her, but my brother was. She enjoyed her cigarettes up to the end. The very end.

She's dead and i'm no longer addicted.
    Love is all you need

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

chocolate (3rd February 2014), meeradas (3rd February 2014)

13. Link to Post #49
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

42, very sincere words coming from a very personal experience. I hope 4T. who started the thread, is visiting it from time to time, just to keep track on how many of us humans on Earth share the same situation. We have gathered here, all imperfect, vulnerable souls, looking for answers to our questions. Mistakes, if you may call them that, are a part of the learning process.

I haven't smoked personally (in this life at least), only have tried it when I was experimenting with life's rules and boundaries. But a few times last year I experienced what you may think of a faint memory of a forgotten desire... to smoke a cigarette. Not that the situation was so extremely unbearable, but I had reached a point when everything that was happening was, even if viewed as correct on one level, totally hurting my inner child. As if I was watching the film of my life from the outside, and it made very little sense to me anymore. I did feel this deep need to smoke.

If my twin flame existed, as one person said he did, I am sure he is smoking, or at least having the desire to smoke as well.
    Otherwise I am a very balanced person. I had reached a point when I saw life slipping through my fingers, so everything that happened after that changed based on that experience.
    I share here information for the fellow humans around me. But I also know that each of us finds its own way of dealing with the problems.

My mother smoked a lot while she was still young. Now she doesn't. She developed asthma, allergy and sinusitis, thanks to the poisons in the cigarettes. But she is still around. She is like a little fighter walking determined to stay up straight with the incoming wind of life.

I am sending healing energies to all who need them fighting their personal battles.

Last edited by chocolate; 3rd February 2014 at 23:43.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

42 (4th February 2014)

15. Link to Post #50
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

http://mountainroseblog.com/organic-...smoking-blend/

This is no tobacco, but it might be something to think about . I certainly would think about it for a while...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3