+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plenty good enough for him, how bout you?

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default Plenty good enough for him, how bout you?

Lets get inspired!

Keith aka Skeeter is living totally off the grid. Starting with a raw plot of land, he built his house from scratch, dug a well, created a solar power system and is completely responsible for all his waste. Keith is a good example of someone who got tired of paying utilities and mortgages to live on earth. He took matters into his own hands and decided to be as independent as possible. Deciding to live out in the wilderness is one way to go off the grid. We'll be exploring other ways of being independent in urban environments in some of our next posts. Thanks Keith!

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Plenty good enough for him, how bout you?

"About Earthship Biotecture"
    www.earthship.com or YouTube Earthship Biotecture
    • An Earthship is a radically sustainable home made of recycled materials.
    • Electricity is from the sun with solar panels and wind with wind modules.
    • Water is caught on the roof from rain and snow melt.
    • Sewage is treated on site.

This video shows how people come together to create a community.

Michael Reynolds, “The Garbage Warrior,” creator of the Earthships: This YouTube video was my introduction to Michael Reynolds. We follow him through his plight of red tape rejections from big government. Meanwhile, he is lauded around the world because he and his crew goes into devastated areas to rebuild and teach the community members.

“What do beer cans, car tires and water bottles have in common? Not much unless you're renegade architect Michael Reynolds, in which case they are tools of choice for producing thermal mass and energy-independent housing. For 30 years New Mexico-based Reynolds and his green disciples have devoted their time to advancing the art of "Earthship Biotecture" by building self-sufficient, off-the-grid communities where design and function converge in eco-harmony. However, these experimental structures that defy state standards create conflict between Reynolds and the authorities, who are backed by big business. Frustrated by antiquated legislation, Reynolds lobbies for the right to create a sustainable living test site. While politicians hum and ha, Mother Nature strikes, leaving communities devastated by tsunamis and hurricanes. Reynolds and his crew seize the opportunity to lend their pioneering skills to those who need it most. Shot over three years and in four countries, Garbage Warrior is a timely portrait of a determined visionary, a hero of the 21st century.”

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (1st July 2013), Bubu (1st July 2013), eaglespirit (1st July 2013), Kraut (1st July 2013), Mike (1st July 2013), Nanoo Nanoo (11th January 2014), Orph (2nd July 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Hi 778 neighbour of some guy,

“Plenty good enough for him, how bout you?”

It’s freeing.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record...

I walked. I haven’t lived in the clock world since 2004. My first step was to see how much money I needed to live. So for two years prior, I logged and graphed every penny I spent. It was a natural progression of how 'less is more'. Freedom was the goal.

Back then my plan was to put a huge chunk down on my own place. Then it hit me that the home was an anchor. I had traveled plenty, but the thought of staying in one place “for the rest of my life” made me shiver.

Instead, I decided to retire the clock. If someone were to follow me around for a day, they’d say it’s the same. It’s not. I can’t wait to jump out of bed and do it all over again. The 24 hour day is more like 7 hours. The heart-mind-soul is open to all possibility.

You’d be surprised how little you need when you no longer factor in travel expenses, work attire, new car(s), even car insurance is based on the number of miles you drive. You have the time and energy to eat healthy, hence, no medical, prescription, or doctor bills.

Synchronicities continues to move me forward. I’m loving the ride. The saying is so true: “It’s the journey, and not the journey’s end.”

Every now and again, I self-check and ask, “If I only had one month, one week, one day to live, what would I do?” So far my answer is: right here, right now. The more I discover the inner, the physical eagerly hops on for the ride.

Currently, it's a mixed bag of blinking in and out, i.e., warping time (I call it.), and brief encounters of inner turned inside out. Ah-ha flashes that it’s all, a big one-in-the-same, multi-D spider web. One movement, one decision, really does move mountains. Though still at the theory stage. Body sensation tells me I’m on the right foot path. And if not...I'm still liken' the 100% all natural sensations.

Back to your question: “Plenty good enough for him, how bout you?” There's much gratitude for the unseen, priceless riches/richness that we all are.

Peace,
    Paula

4D Animation

How to turn a sphere inside out: Part One

How to turn a sphere inside out: Part Two

Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd July 2013 at 01:36.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Axman (1st July 2013), Bubu (1st July 2013), donk (1st July 2013), Orph (2nd July 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Lets get inspired!

This is the kind of people the cabal hates. off grid off control.

Makes me inspired. thanks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

RunningDeer (1st July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread