+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: Wetiko

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Default Re: Wetiko

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    Quote The way i see things now because of the experiences with this activity explains a lot of stuff that happened to me years ago.i also notice things a lot more now.I suspect that when people start to wake up that they can attract attention to themselves from the field/matrix and that they can experience some form of harassment whether emotional or mental or some type of external harassment.Most, probably don't even notice it or the cause of it.
    We’ve inoculated ourselves with the disease of Weitiko. We’ve done it purely to make ourselves stronger in the long run. Of course, medical vaccines often don’t work, but this is a psychological “vaccine” which we’ve taken precisely because it will make us much stronger, and is doing so already. Sure, the world of politics and economics is often dominated by darkness at its top levels. But that’s like the way when we’re down with a virus it feels like it’s beaten us – until our immune system kicks in. Which, of course, is also why the big change will inevitably come in the world of politics fairly soon, even if it probably won't be as spectacular as some might imagine.
    Hi TraineeHuman,
    I loved the story about inviting the "demons" in and treating them so kindly that they fled. The shamanic traditions report the use of the adversary to test us our mettle. Here you speak to helpful psychic immunity built through exposure. Also, Paul Levy talks about his sense that the virus is useful in an evolutionary way once we recognize it. Very good news (once you recognize it). Thanks! Maggie

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

another bob (21st March 2012), Eram (13th December 2012), TraineeHuman (19th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Quote I don’t put much trust in anything anybody else says, unless it seems to gel with my own experiences. I have, however, read about “loosh”. Sorry, but I don’t have a high overall respect for Robert Munroe (though I’ve met him and I’ve bought and tried to apply three of his books in the distant past). But let’s assume his story about loosh is factual.

The only sense in which I can make “loosh” fit with what I have experienced is that it refers to the negative thoughts and emotions that I said above that the air in cities is thick with. I use the word “emotion” to mean something quite distinct from “feeling”. Feelings are things we directly express. But once we stop being little children, our feelings are often colored by emotions. By emotion I mean what Jung called a “complex” – which is any stuck negative feeling combined with certain fixed thoughts or beliefs. It’s true that every day we release tiny parts of our complexes into the 4D “atmosphere” around us. But these are our psychological/spiritual waste products. And as we evolve spiritually, eventually each of us reaches a stage where they don’t produce much “loosh” any more. I don’t buy Munroe’s story at all about how we were designed to be walking loosh factories. (It sounds to me like a sales brochure, actually. All tourists love a quaint story.) Rather, I happen to know we are all the multiverse and we all chose to go as “far out” as possible for a time and experience the most opposite things possible to what we really are.

Yes, beings from higher dimensions (excepting, perhaps, the lower fourth) are generally less emotional than us. Of course. It’s also true that the range of feelings is smaller in the higher dimensions. But that’s simply because in 3D the polarity is greater than it is higher dimensions: you can only feel hot to the degree you can also feel cold intensely, or sweet to the extent you can also feel sour, and so on. I don’t believe human beings are different in that respect from ETs from other 3D worlds. I’ve also read about abductions by apparently more positive and friendly greys, and how the abductees witnessed intensely strong feelings being felt by the latter.

Hi TH,

Thanks for your response.

i respect your views regarding loosh etc and you may well be correct

Quote You seem to me to be in effect arguing that the forces of darkness must currently be stronger on this planet, because if the positive forces were stronger and effective they wouldn’t allow it. But I would claim, again, that we are all really the infinite multiverse and there’s no greater joyride for us than experiencing what it’s like to really slum it up. We need the insanity of George Bush and of all the others, because they’re providing the cesspools and so on that make it a real slum. OK, we’ve forgotten that that was what we originally wanted to experience. But even the forgetting is one more part of the ride.

We’ve inoculated ourselves with the disease of Weitiko. We’ve done it purely to make ourselves stronger in the long run. Of course, medical vaccines often don’t work, but this is a psychological “vaccine” which we’ve taken precisely because it will make us much stronger, and is doing so already. Sure, the world of politics and economics is often dominated by darkness at its top levels. But that’s like the way when we’re down with a virus it feels like it’s beaten us – until our immune system kicks in. Which, of course, is also why the big change will inevitably come in the world of politics fairly soon, even if it probably won't be as spectacular as some might imagine.
    i would say that the ds has been most influential on the planet whilst never really being in complete control of it.Yes it is a type of school to experience negativity and some of the ways that the ds manifest and control reality etc.

As for the change that's coming.i would say expect the unexpected

cheers

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

animovado (12th June 2013), another bob (21st March 2012), Eram (13th December 2012), TraineeHuman (20th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Wow thanks ponda! ...I found many answers in listening to Paul Levy. Basically if we're aware of the 'devil' inside us, it becomes weaker and weaker.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to v4leriana For This Post:

animovado (12th June 2013), Eram (13th December 2012), modwiz (20th March 2012), ponda (21st March 2012), TraineeHuman (20th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Quote Posted by v4leriana (here)
    Wow thanks ponda! ...I found many answers in listening to Paul Levy. Basically if we're aware of the 'devil' inside us, it becomes weaker and weaker.
    Precisely, v4leriana. That's the essence. Got it.

And understanding the huge importance and validity of this idea is only the beginning.

Living it, and making it practical, takes far, far longer. (I'm speaking from my own experience, regarding what I believe I know is the most important journey we can take in this lifetime. I claim this is the basis of all true (spiritual) enlightenment.)

Why does it take so incredibly long to really make it practical in our everyday lives? Because the devil inside us, or the Wetiko, is ever so deceptive, and always works in the shadows. In fact, Jung even called it "the shadow part" of us.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (12th June 2013), another bob (21st March 2012), Eram (13th December 2012), ponda (21st March 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,505 times in 829 posts

Thanks all, ya! redicecreations is really breaking into creative-territory of late.

Paraphrasing (or imperfect transcription and my abreviating-word-smithing blue) of Paul Levy: Wetiko & the Dreaming Part2
    Quotes--
    "...we need a certain ego-self-flation to snap out of the brain washing, the hypnotic spell that's been cast, when it's a genuine spiritual awakening we just very naturally integrate, you know what belongs to us and who we are and that ego-self-flation part of ourselves.....
    ...............we are all artist we are all shamans and we all suffer through spirit, but what makes a real artist is that they are somewhat able to creatively give shape and form and express the deeper archetypal energy that's informing them, touching them and moving them......."

I'm very much into that, suffer so that we inspire our own art works and vision works.
    Another near transcript from pt2:
    "what Wetiko hates, what it can't stand, is the creative spirit. It wants to rigidify and train people to disassociate from that spirit because we actually are in a way- channels for that what happens then there is nothing to dispel" end quotes

I think the Balinese have explored this art- aspect for ages. I think self-fulfilling art can, in time, provide and refine subtler perceptions. More navigated-indifference to Wetiko......
    Last edited by Bo Atkinson; 21st March 2012 at 04:24.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Eram (13th December 2012), ponda (21st March 2012), TraineeHuman (21st March 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

In the past I have written some notes about my own take on the dark side. In this post I'd like to present the first part of them, in the hope that some readers will find them useful. They begin with material that partly repeats several things I've already said on this thread. But there are new practical ideas further below, if you can keep reading.

Here's the first part:

It’s quite easy to intellectually understand all kinds of ideas and details to do with the topic of facing and embracing your dark side. Then you can move on to whatever the next topic on your list is. But there’s far more to it than that. Coming to understand what embracing your dark side means in practice is something people don’t get to do except gradually. And only long after they believed they had mastered it practically. As I know from long experience. And yet, this topic is crucial to making real progress in personal and spiritual growth. Our whole Western civilization (like other major civilizations also) has effectively brainwashed everybody for a number of centuries into ignoring their dark side, and not knowing it at all.

But how can you possibly develop yourself if you don’t know who “you” really are, accurately? How can you do it if all that you know of yourself is the respectable side, the “public relations image,” so to speak? That’s an absurd caricature of who you really are. It’s such a superficial picture of “you”. You need an in-depth, dimensionalised knowledge of yourself. You need to see all the way through to the “other” side -- the dark side. With anything less, you can’t possibly ever know yourself accurately, not at all. And liberation (from your own unhappiness) is mostly a matter of deep and detailed self-knowledge.

I’m sorry if you’re a “good” Christian or Jew or Buddhist or Hindu, etc, but the truth is that in certain ways the religions have done great damage through centuries of telling people to “be good.”. The psychologist Jung worked it out decades ago that in certain ways the religions have done great damage through centuries of telling people to “be good.” But the truth of it didn’t spread very far among “New Age” and similar spiritual teachers at all until the last two decades. Firstly let’s notice, as Jung did, that if you’re told you must be good just about all the time, that gives you a huge incentive to ignore or lie to yourself about any way or any time that you are or were “bad.” Much like the way strict evangelical Christians avoid having anything to do with alcohol, or dancing, or gambling, and so on, on the ground that those things are all “pure evil.” That a person shouldn’t even know anything about such “contaminating” things. The demand to “be good” also strongly encourages you to deny and ignore and repress any desires or feelings you have to do or be “bad” in any way. It’s been doing that to you for probably as long as you can remember, and earlier. Do you already notice how easy this makes it for the ego to thrive in the areas of yourself that religions have encouraged you to hide from yourself, or at least to give little attention to? Isn’t this a strategy for doing nothing about the problem of most “bad” feelings and emotions, because they’re simply ignored or repressed?

Let’s go further into this by looking at how “Be good – or else!” works on a young child. Under this approach, the child is punished, and the punishment is proof that the child has temporarily “become (totally) bad.” Here “bad” = worthless and (temporarily) hated. You are probably aware that beating a child, or physically punishing them, or verbally abusing a child or anyone, has been made illegal in most states of most Western countries. That’s because of the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that proves beyond any doubt that abuse is very, very psychologically harmful. It takes the baby out with the bath water. Because it takes away the young person’s self-esteem. A different approach is to first of all ensure the child knows they are always valued, always loved. They are never “bad,” or anything else that somehow strips them of their great value and dignity and of being loved for who they are. It’s just that sometimes their behaviors are bad, and need to be changed. The first approach is the one we have all been taught to apply to ourselves over and over again. (Even if we don’t believe that an infinitely loving God tortures us in the most sadistic possible way for eternity for occasionally not “being good,” nevertheless the roots of this approach come from religion.) The second approach – the one based on unconditional love -- is how we would be treating ourselves once we fully learnt how to embrace our dark side. In the meantime, we keep on applying the first approach to ourselves in so many subtle ways, whether we realize it or not.

Jung understood all this. He also happened to have a father who was a Doctor of Theology, and who was a prominent member of a number of secret societies. Some of these particular societies saw part of their function as the secret preservation of the “advanced” teachings of the Rabbi Yeshua, also known as Jesus Christ. Hence, Jung knew that there was some kind of esoteric, i.e. advanced and secret, tradition of Christian spirituality, where embracing your dark side was the central issue to master. It wasn’t a matter of spurning “good” at all. The point is that it’s the only way we can ever become truly good, or more good. As the Prodigal Son story explains. Jung devoted a few years to studying many religions from all parts of the world. He concluded that nearly all of them had an exoteric form – a less advanced form for the masses --, always in effect proscribing exactly how people must “be good”, and an esoteric form, where the subject of the dark side was very prominent.

Time has moved on, and human consciousness really has been improving. In our society, I suggest the “being good” approach doesn’t work very well – not even with young children. (But please, don’t misunderstand me. I’m certainly not saying it’s OK to reward bad behavior in children.) If any of you is at all familiar with Dr Phil, you’ll know that one of the points he never tires of making is that “right-fighting” doesn’t work, and hugely not. By “right-fighting” he means using the strategy in an argument or conflict of trying to prove you are right. Of course, as Dr Phil points out, this is a strategy that will never solve the problem. The only way to resolve such a situation is for both parties to truly listen to the other’s point of view – and that involves putting aside the need or belief that their own point of view is the only valid one. But isn’t it clear that the need to always “be right” when it counts is almost the same thing as “being good” in those situations? And exactly where, do you suppose, do people acquire the conditioning that it’s extraordinarily important to always “be good (and therefore right)”?

Another of many examples the destructiveness of the conditioning that we must always “be good” is found in how some people try to apply the Law of Attraction. Now the Law of Attraction is a valid principle in its originally formulated form. Basically, it says that the universe gives you back more of whatever it is you are giving out or giving off. So yes, if you are frequently in a positive state (e.g. through often feeling the aliveness), then you will receive mostly positive things back. You will even have the eyes to see and appreciate the positive qualities in whatever the universe hands you. But the truth is, virtually everybody does have a dark side. “Oh no,” the religious people will say. “We must always be good. Therefore we will just have to try harder on the few occasions when we aren’t [i.e., when even their conditioning can’t stop them from admitting they have in fact “failed”].” In this way, religiously conditioned people expect the Law of Attraction will continually bring them good things. They expect this because most of the time they ignore the workings of their dark side, and believe that what they ignore isn’t real. If they must always be good, and they believe they have successfully met that standard since childhood, then they must, over all, already be “good.”

I happen to be sufficiently clairvoyant that I claim to know (mostly, remember) what happens after we die. After death we re-experience all the incidents in our completed life. We experience them in a kind of “super 3D,” and from the points of view of all the other individuals involved or affected. And then we judge ourselves as to what type of limitations and obstacles and difficulties we consider we deserve to encounter in our next lifetime. So you see, learning to accept ourselves more, and learning how to be less (negatively) judgmental of our own worth, is crucial. It really does have total consequences on what the next lifetime will be like in truly major ways. You’ll notice also that “right-fighting” at any time is counter-productive to this, your ultimate interest. The more you failed to even make an attempt to understand what the other person or people were feeling, the more that will of course pull you towards negative judgments about yourself when you die.

Exercise

Firstly, I’d like you to use your consciousness or your intuition or your instinctive body-awareness to “tune in” a little to what other people around you are actually feeling. Yes, you may be invading their privacy a little, but at the moment you’re just learning. Later on you’ll be able to “switch off” such tuning-in most of the time, thereby respecting their privacy.
    Secondly, I’d like you to put attention on accepting yourself in specific ways. That doesn’t mean glorifying yourself as perfect. But it does mean not beating yourself up or hating yourself because of a mistake or failure or bad luck. Of course, it also means taking responsibility to set right anything you did that caused any problems. Over the next week, I’d like you to write down a small list of ways you have noticed yourself doing this during the week.

Next, let’s look at projection. At Bill Harris’s site www.masteringthepowerofnow.com there is an interview with Byron Katie. She describes how her teaching is based on four perspectives, which I’ll call “reversals”. By a “reversal” I mean a way of turning the mirror back onto yourself instead of looking at what you believe the other person has, or is doing. For instance, if person X is annoying you because they behave in a certain way, you ask yourself: “How am I sometimes annoying to other people in a similar way to how I feel annoyed by person X?”

Why is it effective to ask yourself this kind of question? Because the dark side continually deceives us by cunningly telling us that we don’t have a particular problem or weakness. “Look at that person. They are the ones who have that problem.” Of course, this doesn’t make rational sense. Just because somebody else (possibly) has a similar problem to us but worse, that does nothing to solve our own problem. But what we all do is jump to the false conclusion that we can ignore the problem in us. (That’s a major reason why our dark side is unknown to us.)

Studies have proved that one common example of projection goes like this. A person will always project their own weaknesses/ problems onto their marriage. For instance, two people may be married to each other, and in that sense they have the same marriage. But one person may have major emotional problems (a “heavy dark side”). That person will always see the marriage as having major problems, and as therefore being unsatisfactory. Let’s say their partner happens to be unusually free of problems. Then the partner will say that the marriage is basically fine, and is something of great value. Two very different versions of “the marriage”. Neither of them true.

One of the ways you can see how projection has been at work inside you is whenever you react too strongly to something somebody else does. For instance, it’s quite normal and natural to feel angry and saddened at the news that somebody was murdered. But if you object to it even more strongly than most people do, then that means you have some unresolved anger in your body. Moreover, it means you subconsciously see a real link between the circumstances of that murder and the type of anger you carry yourself. I’m not saying you’re murderously angry, but I am saying that you protest too much. Similarly, if something particularly bugs you about some person, look inside. If you dislike or are repulsed by a certain person more than other people are, then again, look inside.

I’d like to digress here to mention another form of projection you may be “guilty” of. I’m referring to what happens when you “obey” a spiritual teacher or teaching. What you are doing then is, you are giving away your own responsibility for finding a correct version of the truth. If what you’re taught is (inevitably) incomplete or inadequate or just plain wrong in some way, never mind. That’s on the head of the teacher. It’s their bad karma, not yours. Everything’s all their fault. I have noticed that the great majority of people interested in spirituality are desperate to do this. “Just tell me exactly what I have to do. Then I won’t have to worry about working any of it out for myself.” Although most people think this way, I have noticed they rarely have an inkling they are doing so continually.

Finally, I’d like to discuss a recent example of what’s involved in working on your dark side. Since I’m emphasizing that you have to continually get going on working on yourself, here’s a recent example from my own life. It concerns somebody I had been paying quite large fees to who I eventually realized was not delivering what had been promised. This person had in effect been lying to me, and repeatedly so with a vengeance, and in great detail. At first I had simply been unaware that I was being conned. Then I needed to decide whether I might be being conned. Since I had gone in assuming otherwise, I needed to find out whether I had been blocking (i.e., totally denying) that such a thing was going on, at least to some degree. This in itself took some reflection over a few weeks, because this person was masterful at hiding what was really going on – with layers of distractions and lies. (Sometimes it may take longer, and only when some relatively dramatic incident occurs do we get jolted into getting such an insight.) Yes, I eventually managed to listen to my intuition clearly enough. I had tried asking it questions early on, but in as cunning a con as this it took time for me to find the right question to ask. There was also the disappointment as I began to realize I needed to break off, and a kind of miniature “mourning period” which was the emotional legacy I had once I did break off the tie with this person.

But some unresolved emotional issues remained. For a start, I still felt that I had been victimized by this person. I felt hurt. To resolve this, I needed to face all the things this person’s deliberate and ruthless dishonesty had stirred up within my dark side. I succeeded in doing so mainly by looking at examples of situations where I had deliberately lied. Why had I lied? How had I justified it to myself? I kept reflecting on such situations where I had been a liar. Eventually I reached the point where I could clearly see that this person had essentially been doing nothing different from me. By that I mean that I also saw that it’s in this person’s nature (well, their personality) to lie and deceive, almost like breathing. This person genuinely found it hard to do anything other than deceive, ultimately. So it was really my mistake if I wished they were different. They couldn’t at present help but be deceitful. So I had to honor what is actually the case, what is. Finally I could forgive them completely, on an emotional level. They were just being what they currently are (with their pain-body dominating certain spheres of their behavior). Incidentally, emotional forgiveness doesn’t mean I might not take some form of legal action or register a complaint with a regulatory authority. But it does mean I’ll no longer be hanging onto feelings of resentment or victimization or hate, etc.

To resolve this emotionally, I had to get to a point of such “dis-identification” that I ceased to take it personally.
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc
    A mind which is not crippled by memory has real freedom. ~ J. Krishnamurti
    (True, deep) stillness is the way.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (12th June 2013), Eram (13th December 2012), spiritwind (24th October 2012), Swan (13th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by ponda (here)
    Interesting discussion here between Paul Levy and Henrik Palmgren of Red Ice Radio.
    Paul Levy is back on Red Ice Radio, in another interview along side Seth Farber.
    Seth Farber & Paul Levy - Hour 1 - The Spiritual Gift of Madness
    October 23, 2012
    Dr. Seth Farber is a writer, social critic, dissident psychologist, activist and co-founder of the Network Against Coercive Psychiatry. His newest book is called, The Spiritual Gift of Madness: The Failure of Psychiatry and the Rise of the Mad Pride Movement. Paul Levy studied economics and art. He is the author of The Madness of George Bush: A Reflection of Our Collective Psychosis, as well as Wetiko: The Greatest Epidemic Sickness Known to Humanity. In 1981, due to an intense personal trauma, he had a life-changing spiritual awakening in which he began to recognize the dreamlike nature of reality. During the first year of his spiritual emergence, Paul was hospitalized a number of times, and was told he was having a severe psychotic break from reality. Seth and Paul will talk about how the psychiatric system is limited to the 5 senses, misdiagnosing spiritual experiences and shamanic awakening as pathological. Paul shares his experience of psychiatric treatment. Seth talks about the problems within the psychiatric field.
    See further http://www.redicecreations.com/radio...RIR-121023.php
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Eram (13th December 2012), spiritwind (24th October 2012), TraineeHuman (30th June 2015)

15. Link to Post #28
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Everywhere I look in the world today I see people talking about the many and varied issues that humanity is currently faced with... political issues, economic issues, cultural issues, environmental issues, health issues, spiritual issues, psychological issues. You name it, we seem to have an issue about it... the list is practically endless.

That said, I also see a lot of people who are desperately searching for answers and solutions to these problems that we are all facing, both on the individual and collective levels. But most of all, I see a great number of people who are tired, hurt, angry, frustrated, confused, vulnerable, and in many cases, teetering on the brink of an ever-present and often overwhelming sense of hopelessness/helplessness/unhappiness.

BUT....

What if I was to tell you that the root cause of a lot of these problems/thoughts/emotions is a known one, that it has been hiding in plain sight for thousands of years, that it is not only something that we have the ability to control/influence, but that it may also provide us with the key/s to our own dis-enslavement and ultimate re-empowerment?

Well then, folks, without further adieu, please allow me to introduce you to... WETIKO.

To get the ball rolling on this thread, and to formally introduce the guest of honour, I thought I might start with a nice little quote from Paul Levy, who at this point in time is probably the foremost expert on wetiko in the world today:

Quote Paul Levy
    There is a contagious psycho-spiritual disease of the soul, a parasite of the mind, that is currently being acted out en masse on the world stage via a collective psychosis of titanic proportions. This mind-virus─which Native Americans have called “wetiko”─covertly operates through the unconscious blind spots in the human psyche, rendering people oblivious to their own madness and compelling them to act against their own best interests. An inner cancer of the soul, wetiko flavours and manages our perceptions by stealth and subterfuge so as to act itself out through us while simultaneously hiding itself from being seen. Not constrained by the conventional laws of third-dimensional space and time, this ‘bug’ in the system deceives us by working with the intrinsic projective tendencies of our mind so as to appear external to and other than ourselves, utilising the seemingly outside world as the canvas for its full-bodied revelation of itself. Wetiko non-locally informs, gives shape to, and configures events in the world so as to synchronistically express itself, which is to say that just like in a dream, events in the outer world are symbolically reflecting a condition deep within the psyche of humanity.

Hidden within the venom of wetiko is a revelation as well as its own antidote, which once recognised can help us wake up and bring sanity back to our society. How wetiko manifests─will it destroy our species, or will it catalyse a deeper process of global awakening?─depends upon recognising what it is revealing to us about ourselves.
    Now, I realise that some of you here may already have come across wetiko in the past. Perhaps you glanced at some obscure thread about it on this or another forum, or heard it being discussed in an interview somewhere that you can barely recall now... whatever. If you have encountered wetiko before but simply blew it off at the time and moved onto something else without really taking time to consider the importance and implications that it represents for humanity and our struggle to realise our true nature/full potential... THEN YOU NEED TO STOP AND TAKE SOME TIME TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE INFORMATION THAT WILL BE COMING IN THIS THREAD!!

Okay, that’s probably enough from me for now, but I’ll be back with more at a later date.

In the meantime, here's a short radio interview that Paul did a few months back in which he discusses the basic, underlying concepts of 'wetiko' in some detail:

Last edited by Sgt-Bones; 2nd July 2013 at 13:21.

16. Link to Post #29
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

I listened to the interview but "wetiko" seemed to distract me so I will listen to it again later. Worth a listen but he seems to be working through this too. Is there a Native American teacher on this subject?

Now for some reason I feel drawn to run on a wheel that goes nowhere.

17. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

This dis-ease is the real deal don't dismiss it's reality.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

bennycog (3rd July 2013), chocolate (3rd July 2013), Hazel (2nd July 2013), Kraut (2nd July 2013), ponda (2nd July 2013), risveglio (2nd July 2013), Sgt-Bones (3rd July 2013), Soulboy (3rd July 2013), TraineeHuman (4th July 2013)

19. Link to Post #31
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,847 times in 715 posts

Its a fascinating subject, and I did read the book --- this idea is addressed in history and myth --- under different names --- for example, the "Archons" in the Nag Hamadi Scriptures is speaking of the same thing --- and also, Thomas Sheridan equates it with the idea of the Psychopath in society today (fascinating) --- Carlos Castenada called it "the topic of topics" and I would have to agree --- It seeks to explain the "why" of the evil in society --- anyway, thats the way I understand it (I did find Paul Levy's book a bit difficult to follow at times, but interesting none the less) --- he also has written a couple of articles on the subject (a pretty good one is on the reality sandwich website)

20. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

I listened to the Paul Levy interview on Red Ice Radio. I felt that the concepts he was elucidating were already out there in the world and we didn't need this new word, "Wetiko" to be hammered into us. Perhaps I didn't give his lecture a fair enough listen, but I too, felt like the hamster on a wheel going no where.

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio...RIR-120308.php

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

bennycog (3rd July 2013), Hazel (2nd July 2013), Kraut (2nd July 2013), Sgt-Bones (3rd July 2013), Soulboy (3rd July 2013)

22. Link to Post #33
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    I listened to the Paul Levy interview on Red Ice Radio. I felt that the concepts he was elucidating were already out there in the world and we didn't need this new word, "Wetiko" to be hammered into us. Perhaps I didn't give his lecture a fair enough listen, but I too, felt like the hamster on a wheel going no where.

My wheel comment was more about having to return to my rat race job.

23. Link to Post #34
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 689 posts

I mentioned this interview in another thread as well a few days ago. I think some Native Americans also refer to Wetiko as "the trickster", which I think gives the concept a bit more clarity.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

Kryztian (3rd July 2013), risveglio (3rd July 2013), Sgt-Bones (3rd July 2013), Sierra (3rd July 2013), Soulboy (3rd July 2013)

25. Link to Post #35
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Seems to me that a lot of folks have difficulty coming to terms with the level of evil that some human beings are capable of imposing upon their fellow man. IMO, our inability to accept this potential for evil is a direct reflection of a lack of intimacy with our own potential evil... our shadow selves. Ultimately, I believe this disconnect is what has enabled the malevolent nature of wetiko to embed itself in the human collective psyche, thus allowing it to run rampant in our society.

The problem with wetiko, is that once it becomes sufficiently entrenched in the psyche, the prime directive coordinating a person’s behaviour tends to come predominantly from the disease itself... it effectively becomes the one who drives the bus and calls the shots.

Sadly, just as someone infected with the rabies virus will resist drinking water, which would flush out the infection, a person who has been taken over by the wetiko parasite will have nothing to do with anything that will help them get rid of the disease.

For the most part, wetikos are fearful of the light of truth, which they tend to avoid like the plague. From what I have observed, it seems that in most cases this disease takes over the person so completely that we could rightfully say the person is no longer there any more... essentially they become no more than an empty shell carrying the disease.

At that point, there is really only the disease, operating through what appears to be a human being. Essentially, the person ends up becoming fully identified with their mask, their persona, but the reality is that there is no one behind the mask any more.

Another point worth mentioning, is that people who are taken over by the wetiko virus often don’t suspect a thing about how they have been conned, manipulated, and deceived by it. Additionally, once under wetikos’ spell, a person tends to lose their capacity to recognize the wetiko disease in others also.

Fortunately, however, it seems that encoded within wetiko is an insight and revelation which ultimately is its own cure. It could be said that the wetiko disease provides its own antidote, but in order to receive its hidden healing benefits we must first learn to recognize and more deeply understand how the disease operates within us. Ironically, it appears that the very thing which is destroying humanity also has the potential to save us.

So, the wetiko disease seems to represent not only the deadliest psycho-spiritual poison known to humanity, but also the most profound and effective means of psychic health care.

Still, the questions remains... will wetiko destroy humanity or will it prove to be the catalyst that helps to awaken us?

At the end of the day, I believe this will depend upon whether or not we are able to recognize that which it has the potential to reveal to us.
    Last edited by Sgt-Bones; 3rd July 2013 at 11:59.

26. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

I so agree with all of this, although the term Wetiko is new to me.
    Anyone who understands the term "as above, so below" properly,
    and also understands that all the energy at our disposal is best spent
    in working on our own growth, self stalking, self purification, avoiding all self sabotage,
    can then take the next step which is to carry the message to their fellow man,
    until the day critical mass can be reached (also called the hundreth monkey effect)
    This must continue to spread.

The more people wake up to this message of the need to
    personal integrity, which means integrating all of their own shadows,
    transforming and training their personal demons,
    rather than sending them out where they can do only more harm,
    the sooner there will be peace on earth.
    No more cruelty to animals, children, the elderly, women,
    no more cruelty even to the self, as an unconscious form
    of self punishment.
    Lets pick ourselves up, face our character flaws, just as we would clean a car, and get on with it.

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Freed Fox (3rd July 2013), gripreaper (4th July 2013), Kraut (3rd July 2013), Mark (3rd July 2013), Pam (5th July 2013), risveglio (3rd July 2013), Sgt-Bones (3rd July 2013), Sierra (3rd July 2013), Soulboy (3rd July 2013), spiritguide (4th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (6th August 2014)

28. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Found this Wetiko article on Iona Miller's site. Good read.

http://holographicarchetypes.weebly.com/wetiko.html

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Reinhard (3rd July 2013), Soulboy (3rd July 2013), write4change (4th July 2013)

30. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

The more terms there are out there to help define this virus, the better, in my opinion.
    Years ago I could not understand why so many people rejected astrology, and it's amazing
    power to help with self-transformation. Then I could not understand why the Bahai Faith
    was not getting the message out faster. The Carlos Castaneda books. Gnosticism, hermetics.
    Then the resistance to Gurdjieff, esoteric Christianity.

Until one day it dawned on me. I had underestimated the diversity of humanity, and our differences.
    As the divine aid is descending it is sprinkling heavenly flower seeds of different colors, for all the different tastes to appreciate.
    Wetiko is such a flower seed in my view. If someone is confused because of all the different terms and schools they only need to focus a bit harder in their own search, until they find the right tool that suits them.
    I was a spiritual panhandler for most of my life, and suffered confusion as a result, but I did learn to spot what they all had in common, and are there or the good of all.
    Only a secular society can provide this abundance of help available.
    When you find the thing that is for you, you will KNOW, as it will electrify you in a powerful way.
    Keep on with your search, while you still can.
    Seek and you shall find. That's how it works.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Fred Steeves (5th July 2013), Freed Fox (3rd July 2013), Mark (3rd July 2013), risveglio (4th July 2013), Sgt-Bones (3rd July 2013), Sierra (3rd July 2013), Soulboy (3rd July 2013), TargeT (3rd July 2013), write4change (4th July 2013)

32. Link to Post #39
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,847 times in 715 posts

Ulli, I love that --- "spiritual panhandler" --- that about sums up myself for the last 10 years (although I always thought of myself as "breaking the cycle of spiritual poverty" LOL

33. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member Sebastion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,066 times in 640 posts

Actually wetiko is the native american term for "their mind" which was exposed very well on this thread, by a former member of this forum, 9eagle9: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...create-with-it

9eagle9 is/has been in email touch with Mr Levy and as I understand it, he has gotten a lot of flack for putting this information out. Feel free to browse the whole thread!
    Last edited by Sebastion; 3rd July 2013 at 18:35.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Post:

Belle (5th July 2013), Freed Fox (3rd July 2013), Kraut (3rd July 2013), Reinhard (3rd July 2013), risveglio (3rd July 2013), seko (3rd July 2013), Sgt-Bones (3rd July 2013), sllim11 (4th July 2013), Soulboy (3rd July 2013), sunflower (6th August 2014), TargeT (3rd July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast