+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you manage your mental illness and what is (has been) your perception of it?

1. Link to Post #21
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Default Re: How do you manage your mental illness and what is (has been) your perception of it?

Yes my dear friend, you are correct , you CAN achieve this ! i believe you can and by the sounds of it so do you ! aWESOME !

if i can suggest something and this is something i suggested to my ex. When you feel agression please understand that this is mereoly an energy .. its like a storm cloud of thunder before the thunder releases . its a natural cycle. Can you imagine if thunder did not discharge ? the earths atmos would not be ionically charged and the oxygen could not be cleaned efficiently.

SO i suggested to her that when she gets angry get a pillow and beat the S#!T out of it till she was spent ! sometimes i suggested taking out her anger on me
    ( which i enjoyed ) however i was teaching her martial arts and she started punching really bloddy hard with her little pointy knuckles lol

I told her to say the things out loud she wanted to say , to get into charachter and re live the emotions that are pent up and release them as if the situation were real. when you commit to doing this on a regular basis , IE tell your self this is part of healing process , it actually becomes theraputic.

Theres no sense in numbing our selves with drugs to calm us down ..l expend the energy , let it out , RELEASE it ! this energy needs to bve EXPRESSED as this is a natural process of the body spirit complex. It is hugely un healthy to supress this energy , and thats all it is , its energy.

i dont have to spell out that sometimes when we faught like this we ended up having sex .. which helped too. she was sexually abused as well so she took out her anger on me during sex .. this in a strange way helped her .. she was extremely remourseful after and apologetic but i told her not to be like this as it is an exersise and she has every right to express her self. She eventually got the exersise and it became theraputic for her.

re living past moments and expending the energy from that mind set and point in time. this is key

when you have the courage to do this , its almost like a cheeky grin on your face after .. the release is richeous , and thats what you are aming for.

the " anger room " we set up with an old couch , sound proofed door , punching bag , pillows and a bed to relax on after .. it can take a lot out of you.

sometimes we would fall in a heap and laugh our selves into a frenzy .. this is a very important thing to take note of,.. this is a reaction inside that tells us we are getting better .. the psyche realises its let go of something and reacts by being joyous about it.

N

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Justintime's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: How do you manage your mental illness and what is (has been) your perception of it?

Quote Posted by Nanoo Nanoo (here)

SO i suggested to her that when she gets angry get a pillow and beat the S#!T out of it till she was spent !

re living past moments and expending the energy from that mind set and point in time. this is key

when you have the courage to do this , its almost like a cheeky grin on your face after .. the release is richeous , and thats what you are aming for.

the " anger room " we set up with an old couch , sound proofed door , punching bag , pillows and a bed to relax on after .. it can take a lot out of you.

N
    I really appreciate your response and advice. I like the idea of a anger room to vent and let out my aggression. I'm thinking I may be able to force it out to, meditate on my past on the memories that are the most painful for me to live with. I think I've pushed too much to the depths of my mind and sometimes it erupts for no apparent reason.

They say sometimes a certain stimuli that is associated with a repressed memory an trigger angrer that otherwise is completely out of place given what's going on at the time. I think if I can effectively discharge it would be a form of purification. I'll give it a try sometime in the next few days and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Jutin
    After the First World War there is No Other.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

donk (4th July 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (3rd July 2013)

4. Link to Post #23
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Quote Posted by Justintime (here)
    Quote Posted by Nanoo Nanoo (here)

SO i suggested to her that when she gets angry get a pillow and beat the S#!T out of it till she was spent !

N
    I really appreciate your response and advice. I like the idea of a anger room to vent and let out my aggression. I'm thinking I may be able to force it out to, meditate on my past on the memories that are the most painful for me to live with. I think I've pushed too much to the depths of my mind and sometimes it erupts for no apparent reason.

They say sometimes a certain stimuli that is associated with a repressed memory an trigger angrer that otherwise is completely out of place given what's going on at the time. I think if I can effectively discharge it would be a form of purification. I'll give it a try sometime in the next few days and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Jutin
    You are most welcom my friend , i hope my information is the insight you require to get closer to who you are.

Naniu

5. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 times in 277 posts

Don't give up friends! Clean up your body is my main message here. Get serious about it! I can't stress the importance of sticking to well laid out plan. Cash some of your savings and get going. All the information is there, if you need help, find a professional in your area to guide you. You'll get lots of help here.
    I would definitely check for the presence of heavy metals. The main culprit is mercury. Any radioactive material is a heavy metal too! We have those apparent "safe" limits in place but considering that over long period of time, those levels get high and accumulate in organs (ex.brain), not your blood.
    Combination of mercury and arsenic tends to be very problematic and a big issue with bipolar disorders. Arsenic presence tends to be confirmed not only by hair analysis but also by the fact taht those that have high levels of arsenic tend to sleep with their arms over the head! No joke here.
    Please research my posts, I've included a lot of info on amalgam fillings. Keep in mind that those heavy metals may have come from your mother during the 9 months as well as during breast feeding time.
    The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate.
    – Dr. Wayne Dyer

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Czarek For This Post:

donk (4th July 2013), Justintime (3rd July 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (3rd July 2013), ulli (4th July 2013)

7. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have a type of bipolar known as Cyclothymia. The start of all the even months = happiness. The start of every odd month = depression (yup, I have another day or two of general depression).

To me the biggest culprit is street lights. Evil, evil extra nighttime light. I grew up in a place without them and intend to someday return somewhere with the moon as the only source of light at night. Coincidentally (I think not!) my trouble happens in the days after a full moon. My only defense right now is blocking the windows.

After an event similar to the original post, I was prescribed lithium but took it for less than one month. I am reasonably sure that I will have bipolar related issues again in my life. So I try to keep healthy, financially secure, and (above all) good friends.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Potter For This Post:

donk (4th July 2013), Justintime (3rd July 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (3rd July 2013)

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,387 times in 1,715 posts

Hi,
    A little background on me I am a carer for a person with bipolar, since 11/9/01, and a close friend of 6 years also has bipolar. From my experience, it seems important ways to manage bipolar are:

Take the medication religiously.
    You might want to look into Paliperidone, brand name Invega. This a "miracle drug", one injection per month in the form of slow release crystals, offers stability.
    Link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paliperidone

Limiting or eliminating drug and alchol use as this can interfer with the effectiveness of your medication. The most current technique is to have your network being supportive of any reduction in consumption of drug and alchol. I suppose you could say positive reinforcement for reductions in intake instead of your network tellinmg you to abstaining from drugs and alchol all together.

Pratice distraction techniques, for example Dialectical behavior therapy, DBT, when your emotions get to much.
    Examples:
    - Having a shower and appreciating the experience of the water on your skin and the sound of the water showering over you.
    - Enjoying a meal and savioring ever mouth full of food.
    - Have a hobby that distracts you e.g. gardening, car restoration, plastic model building, whatever takes your fancy.
    Basically distracting yourself by focusing on something else rather than you emotion.
    Link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialect...havior_therapy

Fish oil or krill oil may have some positive benefits.

Having a positive support network. Get rid of people or limit your exposure to people that bring you down. Try to associate only with people that make you feel good or are positive towards you and a positive influence.

Exercise, sleep your 8 hours and eat your three meals a day as best you can.

Take small steps towards your goals, don't try to get from goal A to goal Z "yesterday". Have mini goals and give yourself a pat on the back for achieving each mini goal.

If you have nightmares. Then before you go to sleep visualise a positive and realistic goal in your mind and go to sleep with that thought in your mind.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BMJ; 3rd July 2013 at 12:12.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

donk (4th July 2013), Justintime (3rd July 2013), Selene (5th July 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (3rd July 2013)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

BMJ,

Thank you for your reply, after starting my treatment with Lithium, then Depakote, then Lamictal I have found something that works for me. Equetro, I add some Zoloft too and it has worked for me for a few years, so I'm not really looking to change medicines as the thought of it kind of scares me. However, if my body builds up an immunity to Equetro, which can seem to happen, I'm definitely going to try Paliperidone. Ive never heard of a drug for Bipolar that you can inject. And only have to inject once a month. This is Awesome.

Fish Oil has helped me in the past, it's weird how it gives you energy and contributes to feelings of well being. I'll try the DBT.
    I too have found getting a good nights rest, eight or more hours a night extremely vital to my well being. For some reason lack of sleep usually sends me into a manic phase.

Thanks again for your advice

Justin

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

BMJ (4th July 2013), donk (4th July 2013)

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by Czarek (here)
    Don't give up friends! Clean up your body is my main message here. Get serious about it! I can't stress the importance of sticking to well laid out plan. Cash some of your savings and get going. All the information is there, if you need help, find a professional in your area to guide you. You'll get lots of help here.
    I would definitely check for the presence of heavy metals. The main culprit is mercury. Any radioactive material is a heavy metal too! We have those apparent "safe" limits in place but considering that over long period of time, those levels get high and accumulate in organs (ex.brain), not your blood.
    Combination of mercury and arsenic tends to be very problematic and a big issue with bipolar disorders. Arsenic presence tends to be confirmed not only by hair analysis but also by the fact taht those that have high levels of arsenic tend to sleep with their arms over the head! No joke here.
    Please research my posts, I've included a lot of info on amalgam fillings. Keep in mind that those heavy metals may have come from your mother during the 9 months as well as during breast feeding time.
    This made me realize something. In 1998 I had all my amalgam fillings replaced and since then had only a few depression incidents. Never saw that connection until now. I did it only because someone told me that they could cause cancer.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (4th July 2013), donk (4th July 2013)

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,387 times in 1,715 posts

Quote Posted by Justintime (here)
    BMJ,

Thank you for your reply, after starting my treatment with Lithium, then Depakote, then Lamictal I have found something that works for me. Equetro, I add some Zoloft too and it has worked for me for a few years, so I'm not really looking to change medicines as the thought of it kind of scares me. However, if my body builds up an immunity to Equetro, which can seem to happen, I'm definitely going to try Paliperidone. Ive never heard of a drug for Bipolar that you can inject. And only have to inject once a month. This is Awesome.

Fish Oil has helped me in the past, it's weird how it gives you energy and contributes to feelings of well being. I'll try the DBT.
    I too have found getting a good nights rest, eight or more hours a night extremely vital to my well being. For some reason lack of sleep usually sends me into a manic phase.

Thanks again for your advice

Justin
    Hi Justin,
    If this combination works for your stick to it. I'm glad to hear your off lithium though it's great for phone batteries but can cause organ failure after about ten years of continous use. Regarding the Paliperidone yeah it is awesome I think it is a miracle drug for bi-polar. It came out of the USA orginally and your guys are currently trying to develop a once every "three month" injection. The friend that is on it doesn't have any side affects to deal with, but she was told it may contribute to brittle bones after years of use. The actually name of the product is Invega Sustenna, (made by Janssen-Cilag), a dosage one monthly injection of 75mg costs $363.00 here in Australia but under Australia's medicare my friend gets it for $5.80.

I'd agree hole heartedly that it is key to eat and sleep right.

It seems from what your saying threw out this thread that your pretty well on the right track, good for you Justin your doing a great job of manage bi-polar you should be proud of yourself.

Your welcome

Boris

P.S. Some final thoughts if you have access to government assistance such a case manager, drug and alcohol consellor or crisis phone lines use it. They can be helpful, my friend's case manager put her onto to DBT by sending her on a DBT course.

Also, never accept what your told by the doctors or nurses on face value, their human and they make mistakes. Understand bi-polar and question everything your told if it doesn't makes sense investigate it.
    In my experience, twice whilst my friend was in hospital she was given the wrong medication and I picked up on this that was because I knew what she should be given and regularly checked with the staff as to what she was being given.
    Last edited by BMJ; 4th July 2013 at 15:02.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

donk (4th July 2013), Justintime (4th July 2013)

17. Link to Post #30
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Even having awareness of your illness is not enough, you need to he vigilant at all times to the drives that are guiding you down your path. I bring this up as I just found out my extremely bipolar ex & babies' mama in a funk of depression and just let out of the hospital (got a pass for memorial service for her cat) stole a car and drove it into a brick wall.

She had told me she had tried several times in past that way, but damn cars are too safe nowadays...I feel it's more that she is not done her journey in this skin, and hope her failure to end it (again) means she will be bringing some of the light from the other pole of the spectrum before she gets to rest.

So my point is: pay attention to attachments, in times of overwhelming emotional and physical (she has other serious medical issues) distress, any trigger can be an excuse for extreme reactions...in my experience mostly self destructive ones.

I truly believe that diagnosis of bipolar is linked with an inability of a good & loving soul to cope with the cruel and dysfunctional way of life that is predominant in our culture. And in her at least, self destruction manifests as a result of her inability to take responsibility for her actions. Stay vigilant my friends...

18. Link to Post #31
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Its almost like the worlds a stage and were all actors and reactors and its our souls that are doing the directing but a lot more complicated.

Remember the most loving you ever been, that feeling can be in the now moment and all now moments that follow forever. You can have it as your natural state. Whenever you do get one of these episodes just remember that moment and take the feeling and give it to all your awareness.

I often felt the same way, as if being attacked. Theres a few benevolent directors that maybe at work here or it could be our own perceptions but awareness of this loving state helped me and continues to help me as I try and find my own way. Opening and listening to the angelic directors definitely helps too.

Enjoy the Climb, the view gets better the higher you go!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThresholdRising For This Post:

Justintime (4th July 2013)

20. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    Even having awareness of your illness is not enough, you need to he vigilant at all times to the drives that are guiding you down your path. I bring this up as I just found out my extremely bipolar ex & babies' mama in a funk of depression and just let out of the hospital (got a pass for memorial service for her cat) stole a car and drove it into a brick wall.

She had told me she had tried several times in past that way, but damn cars are too safe nowadays...I feel it's more that she is not done her journey in this skin, and hope her failure to end it (again) means she will be bringing some of the light from the other pole of the spectrum before she gets to rest.

So my point is: pay attention to attachments, in times of overwhelming emotional and physical (she has other serious medical issues) distress, any trigger can be an excuse for extreme reactions...in my experience mostly self

I truly believe that diagnosis of bipolar is linked with an inability of a good & loving soul to cope with the cruel and dysfunctional way of life that is predominant in our culture. And in her at least, self destruction manifests as a result of her inability to take responsibility for her actions. Stay vigilant my friends...
    It's ironic that you mention this as this was sort of a suicidal fantasy for me three years back or so. I've always thought that a car accident would be the way to go for me as I have a phobia of guns and knives and wouldn't trust pills to do the job. Just to be clear I'm not having any suicidal thoughts right now and haven't since then. I just feel honesty begets honesty and that's very important for me. No one should have to hide their past feelings and thoughts for fear of discrimination.

I did have some failed suicide attempts as a youngster and know it was because my time here wasn't done. And I have been blessed with a loving and caring family. I hope your ex comes through the other side and rediscovers her light and the light around her. The key for me has been self forgiveness and self understanding. Also, I've gotten out of victim thinking. I used to think the world owed me something because it screwed me over with bipolar and stole away my childhood. I see it more as a gift now.

I've gone back and forth with thinking this as true for myself too. Especially as a youngster. I had the hardest time figuring out how anyone could be happy given the state of the world. I've had a weird emotional evolution though, I used to laugh and cry a lot, than cry and yell a lot, than cry, yell and laugh a lot, then I went through an angry yelling phase and now I'm just big on laughter and figuring out how to cry again.
    Last edited by Justintime; 4th July 2013 at 19:23. Reason: Misquoted the post

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

BMJ (6th July 2013)

22. Link to Post #33
    United States Unsubscribed
    earth * planet Hell hole without a Heart. Move the H to the end and get planet without H-eart.Earth
    Thanks

I used to listen to Dr. Fred Bell's old radio shows on BBS radio. He I believe was taken out after being interviewed by Jessie Ventura for his TV show. Dr. Fred Bell was a Nasa Rocket Scientist and holistic doctor. He's also a relative of Alexander Graham Bell and grew up as a young kid working for the military and the Nazi factions that moved in the U.S. including top scientist from Nazi Germany.

Dr Fred bell said some really interesting things about depression. He stated that the govt is using cell phone towers and satalite systems that are beaming frequencies to us that repeat things like "hate, murder, anger, hate...". Have this beam at someone all day long and it will bring someone down. Someone that is more sensitive may feel this more AND...if you take prescriptions, the prescriptions contain angel dust that are meant to interact with the satellite systems to make you feel even crazier. Now I hear they are using nanotechnology in prescriptions. So what you may think Is you going crazy, may be the satellite systems interacting with some toxin in your brain. Dr. Fred bell had people use his pyramid technology, I think his website is still online to help detox their brains of these chemicals.

I have also heard from another military scientist whistleblower that the chemicals we are being exposed to cause brain misfiring. The nerves in the brain are getting attacked by all the stuff we are breathing in and therefore our brain messaging system doesn't work properly and the same dark depressing feelings will go through the brain over and over again. For this problem I was told to take Egg Lecithin daily all day long. It protects the nerves from this brain firing. In addition, I like taking lavender oil ad bach flower remedies.

It's really hard to live on this 3rd dimensional world. I don't think the medical community has ever found any medical proof of bi-polar disorder. What ithink may be bi-polar is just 3rd dimensional angst combined with trauma from childhood and just being in this type of animalistic environment. How many of us would feel depression if we were beamed with unconditional love all day long???? Probably none of us! I think that what we feel is a desire for love and a desire to end the traumatic memories that this 3rd dimensional world has given to us.

I think every person that I have ever known, no matter how good their life appears on the outside has experienced some form of depression. I think that it's just hard to live in this frequency. I think it's a matter of detoxing our bodies and brains of all the toxins that are being sprayed and are in food. I believe that many of the psychological disorders are viruses, fungus and other foreign substances in the brain that cause neurofibrillary tangles that cause different areas to mis-fire. That is why herbs such as antiviral herbs are what I take daily. And egg lecithin plus tons of detoxing. Also, far infrared therapy.

23. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by vilcabamba (here)
    I used to listen to Dr. Fred Bell's old radio shows on BBS radio. He I believe was taken out after being interviewed by Jessie Ventura for his TV show. Dr. Fred Bell was a Nasa Rocket Scientist and holistic doctor. He's also a relative of Alexander Graham Bell and grew up as a young kid working for the military and the Nazi factions that moved in the U.S. including top scientist from Nazi Germany.

Dr Fred bell said some really interesting things about depression. He stated that the govt is using cell phone towers and satalite systems that are beaming frequencies to us that repeat things like "hate, murder, anger, hate...". Have this beam at someone all day long and it will bring someone down. Someone that is more sensitive may feel this more AND...if you take prescriptions, the prescriptions contain angel dust that are meant to interact with the satellite systems to make you feel even crazier. Now I hear they are using nanotechnology in prescriptions. So what you may think Is you going crazy, may be the satellite systems interacting with some toxin in your brain. Dr. Fred bell had people use his pyramid technology, I think his website is still online to help detox their brains of these chemicals.

I have also heard from another military scientist whistleblower that the chemicals we are being exposed to cause brain misfiring. The nerves in the brain are getting attacked by all the stuff we are breathing in and therefore our brain messaging system doesn't work properly and the same dark depressing feelings will go through the brain over and over again. For this problem I was told to take Egg Lecithin daily all day long. It protects the nerves from this brain firing. In addition, I like taking lavender oil ad bach flower remedies.

It's really hard to live on this 3rd dimensional world. I don't think the medical community has ever found any medical proof of bi-polar disorder. What ithink may be bi-polar is just 3rd dimensional angst combined with trauma from childhood and just being in this type of animalistic environment. How many of us would feel depression if we were beamed with unconditional love all day long???? Probably none of us! I think that what we feel is a desire for love and a desire to end the traumatic memories that this 3rd dimensional world has given to us.

I think every person that I have ever known, no matter how good their life appears on the outside has experienced some form of depression. I think that it's just hard to live in this frequency. I think it's a matter of detoxing our bodies and brains of all the toxins that are being sprayed and are in food. I believe that many of the psychological disorders are viruses, fungus and other foreign substances in the brain that cause neurofibrillary tangles that cause different areas to mis-fire. That is why herbs such as antiviral herbs are what I take daily. And egg lecithin plus tons of detoxing. Also, far infrared therapy.
    Yeah, it's a strange thing mental illness and these are extremely strange times if not extremely f-d up times. It's hard to know what's what and who to trust. When we look at Columbine, The Batman Movie Killer and Adam Lanza I think we could say that there could very well have been the type of brain manipulation you are discussing here. However, even though all these guys were on medication, this sort of manipulation can be done with or without the interaction of the pills and radio waves.

I would never suggest someone diagnosed with any mental illness to stop taking their medication. I have always gone off the deep end after stopping my medication. I may have been fine for a month or two or even six, but my most f-d up behavior has been when I'm off my medication. I have hurt too many people to not learn this lesson. Sometimes you just have to trust in the system and sometimes it works.
    Last edited by Justintime; 4th July 2013 at 20:11. Reason: Spelling

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

BMJ (6th July 2013), Selene (5th July 2013), sigma6 (4th July 2013)

25. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

It does look like they have developed a full blown science, how long have they been researching this? Assuming the research gleaned from the German Project Paper Clip Nazi scientists, since it is all under the umbrella of the NWO continuation, (so don't hate on Hitler eh...) then this research goes back at least to the 40's, and peaked at the height of the "American Dream" in the 60's.

Today it could very well be a sophisticated government controlled multi pronged approach. They may be using drugs, hypnotic entrainment, social infrastructure (ie, ostracizing, politicizing, political correctness, advertising, movies,) wireless electronic frequency technology (cell phone towers, smart meters, wireless internet?) combined against a physically comprised constitution due to GMO, poor diet, elimination of healthy bacteria, vitamins and minerals in "healthy" foods (notice how everyone has a bloated stomach these days, compared to the 70s and previous decades?) with symptoms like sleep disorders, anxiety, depression, ADD, autism, paranoia (justified in this case), allergies (again lack of healthy bacteria, digestive enzymes...) etc, etc...

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." Remember these forces consider themselves gods, and like to call each other "your worship"
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Justintime (4th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2