+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 1 3 13 16 LastLast

Thread: Can You Feel That?...I Can't

1. Link to Post #241
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,426 times in 839 posts

Default Re: Can You Feel That?...I Can't

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)

.... maybe the miracle was in all the kind and considerate PM's sent to me by many of the caring and compassionate people here.
    Everything is energy. Think of a mild tornado, and I don't mean the destructive part of it. Think of the wind, whirling around and around as the tornado gently moves in various directions. It's all a dance of energy. And this thread provided a lot of energy. A lot of people joined in, with a lot of emotional energy. And even the people who merely read it, they added their energy here as well. And might I say, what a fine whirlwind of energy it was/is.

Edit: And the title of the thread is what?
    Last edited by Orph; 10th July 2013 at 01:20.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Anchor (10th July 2013), Another1 (10th July 2013), Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), Katyani (10th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), onawah (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (10th July 2013)

3. Link to Post #242
    United States Avalon Member Another1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 times in 258 posts

Quote Posted by REILLY (here)
    Well, I might suggest to Another1, to take time, morning and evening, as the day gives over to night and conversely, to find a place to sit upon the earth, and to spend a few minutes feeling gratitude to the earth, sun and sky, and then to spend a few more minutes imagining as vividly possible all the sensations one would feel if it were raining that moment, the sound, the smell, the wetness of rain falling upon one's head. Utterly safe to do, and might prove to be quite effective.
    Thank you for the tip. Making rain was never on my bucketlist but ya'all make it sound so damn simple I really should give it a go.

This here is part of my minimum daily requirements already, juat need to add the rain on face
    Quote morning and evening, as the day gives over to night and conversely, to find a place to sit upon the earth, and to spend a few minutes feeling gratitude to the earth, sun and sky,

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Another1 For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), onawah (10th July 2013), PurpleLama (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (10th July 2013)

5. Link to Post #243
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

I have nothing really to add to the thread anymore. Take it wherever you'd like guys!
    At the risk of making Mike/Chinaski uncomfortable, I'd like to get back to the "Can you feel that...I can't" original post, as morphed into the concept of healing Mike's (big) heart.

I actually went through the didactics portion of a 'music healing' program (embarrassed that I have yet to complete the internship, but that's yet another off-topic topic), so I am convinced that healing via energy is quite possible. There are known responses to energy vibrations, and we all know this. A laser making corneal cuts (eye surgery) is energy vibrations. Ultrasound can be used to heat or massage internally, within a body. Heat (increased energy) and cold (decreased or slowed energy) on muscle injuries or aches. Massage (tactile energy, with possible/probable "reiki" transfer even from a non reiki practitioner. Musical/Sound energy's ability to excite or calm us, computer interfaces for quadriplegics that interpret brain "waves" to fire computer commands, even provocative sexual talk can alter our physiology without making any physical contact...

We know energy can be sent through the air and can have a healing effect. We KNOW this. It ain't placebo.

Now we leap outward a bit: how far away can someone be and make this happen? Depends on the energy type and source, I suppose. Among the most difficult to understand has to be remote healing. Our other energy sources were easy to confirm with measuring devices, but all seem to be direct path (line of sight) phenomena. But we know some types of energy can be "bounced" (think of AM radio or Ham radio waves.) Or, is remote healing an entirely different process, one where the sender is not making direct contact with the "target" person but rather connecting to some other "actuator" that IS local to the target person? Maybe the actuator IS the target person themselves, or maybe the actuator is a spirit guide of the target person, or...?

Can the energy of a number of individuals, working in concert, amplify this energy?

This was just a huge pile of rhetorical questions. If someone wants to share the specifics of how remote healing is accomplished (or how they believe it is accomplished), maybe start another thread - it would be interesting, but I wanna get back to...

Mike/chinaski has agreed to be open to healing his heart condition. I know several of you are probably already way ahead of me, but I'd like to ask this for my friend: would all who have this ability, and all who believe they might have this ability, send healing energy to Mike's heart.* Starting right now. Maybe there is scar tissue or other reasons that this won't be able to be "instantaneous." Not to worry, just keep sending healing energy. Mike is a very honest guy, and he won't placate us by pretending, nor will he hide success.

Ready? Set. Go.

Dennis

*(for Mike's greater good and with unconditional love)

6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Another1 (10th July 2013), Curt (10th July 2013), Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), Fred Steeves (10th July 2013), Heart-2-Heart (10th July 2013), Justintime (11th July 2013), Katyani (10th July 2013), markpierre (11th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), Nat_Lee (10th July 2013), onawah (10th July 2013), Orph (10th July 2013), PurpleLama (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (10th July 2013), Tesseract (10th July 2013), Wind (10th July 2013)

7. Link to Post #244
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

So many views indeed, It’s because mind also is multidimensional, thus one word can have many interpretation, depending on what plane of existence the interpreters mind is. Reading through this thread is like navigating from one plane of mind to another in each in every post. Takes time to read, but I enjoy it like seeing things on many perspective without actually going somewhere. Also I’m glad that there is less of the “my ability” post let’s hope to keep it that way.
    Speaking of “my ability” I think raf is right on the dot.

[QUOTE=RMorgan;698637]Chinaski,

However, I have to say that most part of these people are just talkers...Just check out James Randy´s challenge; The man is offering up to a million dollars to anyone who´s able to prove their paranormal skills under rigorously controlled scientific experimental conditions, and no one was up to the challenge so far. QUOTE]

My concern is that it might not sink deep enough to the intended parties so let me add some more weight.

If someone is not interested or cannot give proof of his claim then he/she better keep the claim to himself. You be doing your thing better if you put your concentration in your ability rather than claiming and trying to prove claims with words. There is no point in this especially if you insert it in almost every post. I'm not saying that the ability as claimed does not exist. Although as the saying goes " Tin can clatter loudly when it is empty"

To answer mikes question. I think there are many post that gives wise answer it is up to you how you perceive it. But let me add just a simple reminder. Everything will come on it's own time by it's own way. Everything is preset although you may have the illusion of freewill or choice but the choice is ultimately influence to arrive at predetermined result including your choice of making choice.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), markpierre (11th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (10th July 2013)

9. Link to Post #245
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

I do believe the capacity exists to sense things in a manner beyond the ordinary senses. How capable the current state of humanity is at using those skills is another question entirely. Either way, the original post was mercilessly witty. If we cannot admit that sometimes we get carried away with ourselves, or laugh at our foibles, well, it's a poor show.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (10th July 2013), donk (10th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), Fred Steeves (10th July 2013), markpierre (11th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), Orph (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (10th July 2013)

11. Link to Post #246
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Hey MarkPierre, sounds like we're on the same team. I'm sending you a psychic high-five as we speak(write).

Many of our channelers come to mind here: same message! every time!
    Same team. The problem I have with channeled messages for the masses, is that they may generally be giving some fundamentally sound advice i.e. 'look within'. Same advice a guru should be giving.
    Still the devotees regard the guru as something different and special, and won't answer their own questions.

You had an extraordinary lesson in valuing yourself enough to overcome your sickness.
    Though I won't regard sickness as a problem anymore, but a learning 'event', that has a specific purpose toward a specific understanding of ourselves.
    If you still regard it as a problem or a handicap, have a look at what it brought you in terms of how your values changed, how you value your time here, and what else you might be able to accomplish with the same level of incentive.
    If you can't be proactive, you might get more opportunity that looks like 'do or die'.
    I can't feel anything but grateful for those do it or die opportunities. It means to me that I'm committed.
    I might not otherwise know that.
    Few people understand that succumbing to health problems is a decision against themselves.

Your frustration is from not keeping your observations where they can be useful to you. On your own thoughts and actions.
    It's not ours or anyone's business what anyone else thinks or believes or does. Human conscious awareness in all its glory translated through personalities is fundamentally insane. It believes it's thoughts have value.
    I gave up having any expectation of what's acceptable human behavior.

I'm pretty impatient with the world, but if it seems as if nothing is happening, it's in me where the nothing is happening.
    I don't experience that often but when I did, it was because I was still sitting on the fence.
    But even that was an experience. 'I'm sitting on the fence'.
    As quickly as the thought, the fence becomes too uncomfortable.
    Look at how you've changed. Observe yourself changing. Watch yourself pass through your day and what you do with your thoughts, all of them, and where you do and don't pass judgements differently than a moment ago.
    Those are the only issues in the world that need answers.

From the viewpoint of a healer, you don't need any help. You're doing fine.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), Finefeather (10th July 2013), Fred Steeves (10th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), PurpleLama (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (10th July 2013)

13. Link to Post #247
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

One simple thought on sending healing energy's!

One can be isolated and be in ill health, needs help, needs energy's.

One can be in contact with the collective selves, in contact with the collective consciousness, collective cosmic self/energy, oneness!

One in contact knows/believes and can tune into the free cosmic energy and can spread it.

One who needs help needs to be in greater contact.
    This can simply be done by believing
    So when someone who believes they can send healing energy's they are merely helping break the isolating from the oneness.

This can be done by tuning in to the cosmic-collective-consciousness (Oneness that we are) and so with intent send it to that part of it's self (you) that needs it.

I send to you healing, you become deeper/nearer to the collective consciousness the I. This dione Just because I became nearer to you in energy with intent! Nearer to me, us, I

So in effect i'm sending it to me, you are an aspect of the collective consciousness, we all are until we rejoin.

So sending healing energies is simple a matter of intent to heal self.

Love and Hugs
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Anchor (10th July 2013), Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013), Swan (10th July 2013), Wind (10th July 2013)

15. Link to Post #248
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orph (here)

.... maybe the miracle was in all the kind and considerate PM's sent to me by many of the caring and compassionate people here.
    Everything is energy. Think of a mild tornado, and I don't mean the destructive part of it. Think of the wind, whirling around and around as the tornado gently moves in various directions. It's all a dance of energy. And this thread provided a lot of energy. A lot of people joined in, with a lot of emotional energy. And even the people who merely read it, they added their energy here as well. And might I say, what a fine whirlwind of energy it was/is.

Edit: And the title of the thread is what?
    I have found and believe that things will work if there is a JUST-CAUSE for it.

When you first try and experiment 'Say Rain Making' that in it's self is JUST-CAUSE and so will eventually work! but once you have proven to yourself leave it there, unless a real need for it arises!

At my present point in time and beliefs I feel I don't need add too much emotion or visualization to my intended good energies usage!
    I feel from the heart, with the heart, in my heat for something that I intend to happen. That contains enough true emotion for it to simply happen, or have a knock on effect that helps it happen OK!.

I'm not saying don't use added visual and feelings to your intended actions but to me it seems like a shorting out of energy from my intensions! (shorting out of energy = Matrix, (Matrix is made by us as we add visualization into our desired lives))

#Side note:
    If you try Cloud Busting remember! you are in effect tampering with the natural flow of nature and the weather! That cloud might have gone on to rain somewhere were it was meant/needed!#

To just use for fun and or to show off or to prove to some small world minded DE-bunker like Randy it probably wont work because it is not attempted for a just reason, Randy is not a just reason!

Think on this as well:
    If you push and bend the energies into powers for your ego it has become the Black Arts, so be careful!

Debunkers will always be in realms where things such as mind powers wont work,
    If you believe!
    you are in a raised vibration realm which is where it will work.Such realms are outside of the DE-bunkers lives, For now that is, I say for now because I believe the higher vibration realm will/is soon to merge on a greater level,
    powers are growing in that higher realm and they will start flooding over lower realms.
    We in our beliefs are opening the cracks to help let the Higher vibs through!
    I can feel it!

Posted by Chinaski (here)

I'm glad you have had many such PM's dear Chinaski. I hope you soon start to feel all the energies of healing and wellbeing that have also been sent, are being sent to you!

I can feel it!
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), jagman (10th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013)

17. Link to Post #249
    United States Avalon Member Justintime's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jiminii (here)
    Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    Quote Posted by Another1 (here)
    For the folks who know how to move storms around: We're in a long year drought here in Oklahoma (southwest in general) with rivers drying up and local communities starting their fights. One main resevoir lake 20 miles from here is expected to be dry within 2 years. 1,000 miles north of us they are under water from flooding and the rains still come. Can ya do yer magic and move a few of them storms down here? It's win-win-win thing.
    Good idea. I recommend that you include in your thinking the notion that such rain, when it falls, falls in a manner that is harmless.

There have been instances in the past where people made it rain and caused damaging floods - we don't want that!

When messing with the forces of nature its worth remembering that nature can destroy as well as create. So if you are going to involve yourself in this, be mindful to formulate your envisioned outcomes in a safe way.
    I don't have a weather chart here in asia ... but ... we move the jet stream .. down the pacific coast .. and bring it in between Los Angeles and San Diego .. and see what happens ...

now .. if it is too much rain... just move the jet stream to come in from the pacific ... at Los Angeles or just north of los angles ...
    ok I can do this but you guys got to stay in communication so I know if is not hurting anyone one OK?

jim
    I've been checking out the weather lately in Oklahoma just for fun and wouldn't you know there is a small amount of rain coming in right now from wouldn't you know a system that looks like its coming from in between Los Angeles and San Diego. Wow, that s truly incredible. Anyways, may I recommend a system moving in from the Gulf of Mexico instead through Houston. It seems to be a more direct approach.
    After the First World War there is No Other.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013)

19. Link to Post #250
    United States Avalon Member Justintime's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry, actually it looks like its coming off the tail of a huge system that's over MO right now, there's a little one between LA and SD too, got excited. I still recommend the Gulf and Houston though.

Good day to you all.
    After the First World War there is No Other.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), jagman (10th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (10th July 2013)

21. Link to Post #251
    Thanks

~ I stepped outside about 6 am and could smell rain in the air. Made me grin a bit for a moment but I think it was the neighbors watering their lawn. We'll see yet. Local forecast calls for slightly overcast skies and 103 F

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Another1 For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), jagman (10th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (10th July 2013)

23. Link to Post #252
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Another1 (here)
    ~ I stepped outside about 6 am and could smell rain in the air. Made me grin a bit for a moment but I think it was the neighbors watering their lawn. We'll see yet. Local forecast calls for slightly overcast skies and 103 F
    Hi Another1
    Neighbor watering their lawn, could be a knock on result, not quite rain but

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Another1 (10th July 2013), Debra (12th July 2013), eaglespirit (10th July 2013), jagman (10th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013)

25. Link to Post #253
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

Sending Loving-Living Rain Energy of Balance and Nourishment to the upper dark green area of Oklahoma on this map.
    May All Be Well...May Mother Earth Help Herself Help This Area Re-Vitalize With Moisture and Natural Growth!

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

Another1 (10th July 2013), Debra (12th July 2013), jagman (10th July 2013), jiminii (13th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), Nat_Lee (10th July 2013), PurpleLama (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (10th July 2013), Wind (10th July 2013)

27. Link to Post #254
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,583 times in 5,714 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)

I have nothing really to add to the thread anymore. Take it wherever you'd like guys!
    At the risk of making Mike/Chinaski uncomfortable, I'd like to get back to the "Can you feel that...I can't" original post, as morphed into the concept of healing Mike's (big) heart.

I actually went through the didactics portion of a 'music healing' program (embarrassed that I have yet to complete the internship, but that's yet another off-topic topic), so I am convinced that healing via energy is quite possible. There are known responses to energy vibrations, and we all know this. A laser making corneal cuts (eye surgery) is energy vibrations. Ultrasound can be used to heat or massage internally, within a body. Heat (increased energy) and cold (decreased or slowed energy) on muscle injuries or aches. Massage (tactile energy, with possible/probable "reiki" transfer even from a non reiki practitioner. Musical/Sound energy's ability to excite or calm us, computer interfaces for quadriplegics that interpret brain "waves" to fire computer commands, even provocative sexual talk can alter our physiology without making any physical contact...

We know energy can be sent through the air and can have a healing effect. We KNOW this. It ain't placebo.

Now we leap outward a bit: how far away can someone be and make this happen? Depends on the energy type and source, I suppose. Among the most difficult to understand has to be remote healing. Our other energy sources were easy to confirm with measuring devices, but all seem to be direct path (line of sight) phenomena. But we know some types of energy can be "bounced" (think of AM radio or Ham radio waves.) Or, is remote healing an entirely different process, one where the sender is not making direct contact with the "target" person but rather connecting to some other "actuator" that IS local to the target person? Maybe the actuator IS the target person themselves, or maybe the actuator is a spirit guide of the target person, or...?

Can the energy of a number of individuals, working in concert, amplify this energy?

This was just a huge pile of rhetorical questions. If someone wants to share the specifics of how remote healing is accomplished (or how they believe it is accomplished), maybe start another thread - it would be interesting, but I wanna get back to...

Mike/chinaski has agreed to be open to healing his heart condition. I know several of you are probably already way ahead of me, but I'd like to ask this for my friend: would all who have this ability, and all who believe they might have this ability, send healing energy to Mike's heart.* Starting right now. Maybe there is scar tissue or other reasons that this won't be able to be "instantaneous." Not to worry, just keep sending healing energy. Mike is a very honest guy, and he won't placate us by pretending, nor will he hide success.

Ready? Set. Go.

Dennis

*(for Mike's greater good and with unconditional love)
    Dennis, I've never extended the hug emoticon to another man before, and I hope it doesn't make you uncomfortable, but you're getting it bud:

Oliver gets one too, simply for calling my original post "mercilessly witty". Its the type of review I've always dreamt of getting in my writerly fantasies, as in: "that new novel by Chinaski is mercilessly witty."

Lovely. Carry on then!

P.s. can someone explain the difference between 'energetic' treatment and conventional treatment, with macro nutrients and so on. Cuz when I think of energy medicine, I think of homeopathics, and I know it operates on a totally different principle (vibration etc). I actually tried a heavily diluted form of all the supps I take now (homeopathic) and it did give a little boost. Just couldn't keep paying for the stuff. Anyway, so when we say "sending energy", is that a variation of the homeopathic principle, ie affecting vibration and so forth, but not necessarily the "physical" side of things?

Wow. I just butchered that inquiry. I can only hope someone knows what I mean.
    Last edited by Mike; 10th July 2013 at 17:25.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (10th July 2013), Fred Steeves (10th July 2013), Justintime (11th July 2013), Katyani (10th July 2013), markpierre (11th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (11th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (11th July 2013)

29. Link to Post #255
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)

Where I live, we have had rain. May we all be bllessed with just the right amount.
    Maybe everyone has heard this with Gregg Braden? It is one of my favorites and is describing a "rain prayer".
    [/YOUTUBE]

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (10th July 2013), markpierre (11th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013)

31. Link to Post #256
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

P.s. can someone explain the difference between 'energetic' treatment and conventional treatment, with macro nutrients and so on. Cuz when I think of energy medicine, I think of homeopathics, and I know it operates on a totally different principle (vibration etc). I actually tried a heavily diluted form of all the supps I take now (homeopathic) and it did give a little boost. Just couldn't keep paying for the stuff. Anyway, so when we say "sending energy", is that a variation of the homeopathic principle, ie affecting vibration and so forth, but not necessarily the "physical" side of things?

Wow. I just butchered that inquiry. I can only hope someone knows what I mean.
    Hi Chinaski-Mike,

Here's a post that is worth a-look-see. It has information, links and videos on MMS: LEAKED VIDEO Proves Red Cross Performed a Successful Field Test Using MMS on Malaria

Some Common Situations for MMS: asthma, burns, heart problems, diabetes, epilepsy, cancer, diarrhea, ear ache, eye infections, flu, high blood pressure, HIV and AIDS, incurable disease, staph infection...
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 10th July 2013 at 23:10.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), Delight (10th July 2013), markpierre (11th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (11th July 2013)

33. Link to Post #257
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,583 times in 5,714 posts

Hey Paula,

Ya know, Paul posted an interesting video on MMS yesterday...and it got me thinking. And now here you are....

A sign? Perhaps.

I'm gonna try it. Its relatively cheap, so why not. I'll keep ya posted...

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Curt (10th July 2013), Debra (12th July 2013), Nat_Lee (11th July 2013), RunningDeer (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (11th July 2013)

35. Link to Post #258
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Dennis, I've never extended the hug emoticon to another man before, and I hope it doesn't make you uncomfortable, but you're getting it bud:

Oliver gets one too, simply for calling my original post "mercilessly witty". Its the type of review I've always dreamt of getting in my writerly fantasies, as in: "that new novel by Chinaski is mercilessly witty."
    Mike, I'm honored, brother.

And yep, you is mercilessly witty; Oliver is dead accurate. :~)

Dennis

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Debra (12th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), RunningDeer (11th July 2013), thunder24 (11th July 2013)

37. Link to Post #259
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,226 times in 1,108 posts

Chinaski, I fully appreciate your heartfelt query. And I wish there was some shortcut to fabulous – but it’s still one slow step at a time on the forward path. Until you can grasp ‘now’, it is impossible to fully understand – as perhaps Jimi does – the full implications of this present moment. Everything is contained in the Now. I wish I could explain this more clearly.At the risk of being 'way too late at the party here:

1inMany, you’ve nailed a key point nicely:

Quote Posted by 1inMany
    What I realized when things began to happen for me is that as I was listening and reading and such, I was building up in my head what all that would be like. And now that things are opening up a bit, it is nothing like what I was expecting. Sometimes people come across so confident and so sure that I assumed my own experiences would be obvious, loud, big, in my face kind of things. For me, that isn't the case at all. Everything is quiet, almost transparent. Seems to me it all started with a little part of me that sensed something...almost palatable, but not concrete at all.
    Exactly. Precisely.

MarkPierre also made a key point:

Quote Posted by MarkPierre
    Call it as you see it. It's not just foolish to believe things that aren't in your experience, it's irresponsible. No single idea or positionality out there has a corner on what's never happened before.
    Hang out for real experience of your own, so that when you communicate it, it has the conviction of certainty. All experiences
    and talents are just as valid as any other.

A lot of us make that mistake: believing what we haven't seen. What we've been told. Faith in what can't be seen perhaps, but it's still an unknown.

I don't know if it's right or wrong to point it out, but you do what you're compelled to do. That must be okay.
    It’s dropping your mental ideas, constructs and fantasies about “something else out there/not here” and paying better attention to “what is here” in this present moment. What’s here, right now in your present awareness. What feelings? What energies? What thoughts? What sensations? What else? And then gradually expanding that awareness of “here, now” to include a much larger - and eventually limitless - sphere of reality.

It won’t come to you; you have to go to it, but only by expanding from where you are.

When you say: “I was expecting…..” it can be a bit like the guy who lost something on the shaded part of the street, but looks for it on the sunny side “because the light is better there…” No results can be expected.

In order to find what you’re looking for – or to experience more than you are presently experiencing, you need to begin from where you are. If you were going to visit someone in an unfamiliar part of town and you become hopelessly lost and you call them for directions, what is the first question they will ask you?

“Where are you now?”

You can’t begin anything useful from where you are not. You need to acknowledge where you are and look around from there, and not from some kind of preconceived expectation of what psychic experience is supposed to be ‘out there’. It isn’t that.

I always laugh when events or perceptions are described as “extrasensory”, when a far more accurate description would be simply “extra-sensitivity”: an expanded range of your existing senses, not some exotic ‘other’ capacity.

Meditation, meditation, meditation. Boring, I know. But it doesn’t matter what form of self-awareness/consciousness/meditation practice you choose, it will move you forward. Look within for practical advice; you are your own best consultant. Choose something you like – it may be tennis or ping-pong. But do it. Follow your own nose. Never mind the rest of us.

And once you find your own inner compass, you’ll be amazed at how quickly it will lead you to where you are going.

All my best wishes,

Selene

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

Anchor (12th July 2013), Debra (12th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (11th July 2013), Eram (11th July 2013), markpierre (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), PurpleLama (11th July 2013), RunningDeer (11th July 2013), Wind (11th July 2013)

39. Link to Post #260
    Thanks

In the northern states a story oft begins with 'once upon a time' - here in the south it oft begins with 'ya'all ain't gonna believe this chit' - it's raining here tonight, mild thunderstorm moving through and I just cut the grass this morning too, that might have been the last straw needed

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Another1 For This Post:

Anchor (12th July 2013), Debra (12th July 2013), Dennis Leahy (12th July 2013), Justintime (12th July 2013), Mike (12th July 2013), PurpleLama (12th July 2013), RunningDeer (12th July 2013), ulli (12th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 1 3 13 16 LastLast