+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gum disease cure - Method reinvigorated from the 1960's. No drugs

1. Link to Post #1
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Default Gum disease cure - Method reinvigorated from the 1960's. No drugs

Just when I thought there was no hope, I stumbled across this. If you are part of the 5 - 10% who have perfect gums and teeth this probably wont interest you.

The method is "Tooth Blotting" and a completely different way of taking care of oral health than what we are current told.

The Blotting brushes were developed in the 1960's by Dr Phillips and were originally based on the successful use of frayed sticks for oral hygiene. The brushes have a capillary action to them that absorb debris from the gum line. Dr Phillips also clearly illustrates and proves in the PDF the cause of gum disease (not bacteria initially). He makes perfect sense to me, who must have made my mouth aseptic on many occassions yet had no positive impact on gum health. I cannot recommed enough. Numerous testimonials to support, some who have been blotting since the 60's. The pictures speak a thousand words.

Also Dr Philips does not demonize dentists (as I personally do)

Here is the PDF - amazing information filled with (some very scary) examples of before and after. (sorry too big to upload) here is the link - Nope sorry its too big.

The brush is also very popular amongst holistic dentists not only due to the fact the bristles have the ability to draw plaque from the teeth and gums as well as massage the meridians in the gums that connect the teeth with the body organs:

www.toothwizards.com now have Dr Phillips' family permission to load the vid to yd for free distribution. The film is from an old converted video but the informaiton contained is extremely valuable.

Dr. Phillips’ original Blotting Technique Film:

Here is Dr Phillips’ Guide to Blotting

In the FAQ: Are all gum diseases curable?
    99% of gum diseases are curable using the Phillips Blotting Technique. An incurable form of gingivitis is caused by leukaemia. Desquamative gingivitis, another gum disease, is also incurable, but its symptoms can be greatly reduced by achieving a thoroughly clean mouth.

I got my brushes 2 days ago and can see and feel a difference already.
    Addit: I have no affiliations with the company. Cost about $4 each!!!

Other links:
    http://educate-yourself.org/mms/blot...n06sep12.shtml
    http://resourcesforlife.outeredge-uk.com/rootcanal.htm
    http://www.toothwizards.com/ebook.html

Dr Weston Price’s book ‘Root Canal Cover Up’: read a summary written by George Meining.

Mods is there a way to upload the PDF. (11MB) Can I email it to someone and have them do it???? Its REALLY important information. Here are some examples - no I cant even do that... I will go hunting and see if I can get them in here

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

4evrneo (8th July 2013), Calz (7th July 2013), Constance (23rd March 2016), Czarek (7th July 2013), Ernie Nemeth (22nd March 2016), Ewan (22nd March 2016), fourty-two (8th July 2013), gaiagirl (24th March 2016), grizzzly (7th July 2013), Hazel (7th July 2013), Holly Lindin (12th July 2013), kennywally (5th April 2016), Kimberley (7th July 2013), Kraut (7th July 2013), Kristo (7th July 2013), Lifebringer (7th July 2013), Mike (7th July 2013), MorningSong (7th July 2013), najara12000 (23rd March 2016), Ol' Roy (8th July 2013), penn (7th July 2013), Redcolibri (7th July 2013), seko (22nd March 2016), Sgt-Bones (7th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th July 2013), Swanette (7th July 2013), Zelig (8th July 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,055 times in 1,753 posts

Default Re: Gum disease cure - Method reinvigorated from the 1960's. No drugs

This is great Witchy,
    I am a Martyr to my teeth and Gums, I have been using sodium BiCarbonate to clean my teeth and it is fabulous/Neutralizes the acid
    environment (Carious bacteria produce acid) All my molars have gone, plus both upper Canines. Had a Vitamin D3 deficiency 5 years ago that ruined
    my teeth, but have got on top of that. This Blotting could save what is left of my mouth furniture!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Hazel (7th July 2013), Kimberley (7th July 2013), Kristo (7th July 2013), Redcolibri (7th July 2013), witchy1 (7th July 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Im in the same boat GalaxyHorse - I feel your pain...nothing works....except this so far anyway...... I just need to get the book up here so everyone can read it for free..... (looks like its available on Amazon)

If you pm me your email I will forward the 45 page PDF through - offer goes to anyone. A must read - Its really fantastic - nothing is ever as we seem - lots of actual before and after shots. (of course only if you are comfortable giving it to me - Im hopeful the mods can fix it so I can post it)

PS he reakons its not a vitamin deficiency....and you could be making it worse changing the ph of the mouth. Theres a photo of a mans teeth who never once cleaned his teeth.....and an after photo... All can be saved apparently

Needless to say, Im pretty excited about this - (I brought heaps of brushes) One by the bed, one at the computer. Blotting like a boss
    Karen

PS here is is the name of the book / pdf if you want to try to find it on the web

ACQUIRING AND MAINTAINING ORAL HEALTH Through THE BLOTTING PROCEDURE and total mouth hygiene - Joseph E. Phillips, D.D.S., M.S.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Prevalence of Gum Disease .................................. Page 3
    Symptoms of Gum Disease ................................... Page 3
    Diagnosis ........................................ . ......... Page 4
    Etiology (Causes of Gum Disease) ......... . .................. Page 5
    Why Plaque and How to Prevent It........................... Page 6
    Why Does Mouth Dirt Damage the Gum? ...................... Page 9
    Various Treatments for Gum Diseases ........................ Page 10
    How Can Materia Alba, Mouth Dirt or Plaque Be Removed? (The Blotting technique) Page 13
    The Intangible Ingredient to Success .......... . .............. Page 16
    Proof of the Pudding........................................ Page 17
    Time Factor in Cleaning.................................. Page 30
    Mouth Odor............................... ...............Page 31
    Interproximal Cleaning ......................................Page 32
    Mouthwashes ............................................. Page 33
    Occlusal Interference ....................................... Page 34
    To the Dentist ............................................. Page 36
    Photographic Evidence of Occlusal Disharmony and Tongue Thrust.........Page 37
    Questions Frequently Asked ................................. Page 38
    a. Fluorides and Cleaning Aids .................... Page 38
    b. Importance of Diet .................................. Page 39
    c. Gum Diseases ...................................... Page 40
    d. Loose, Missing or Widely-Spaced Teeth . Page 41

e. Chewing Gum and Tobacco .....................Page 42
    f. Mouthwashes ....................................Page 42.
    g. Related questions ....................................Page 43

Last edited by witchy1; 7th July 2013 at 03:29.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

gaiagirl (24th March 2016), Kristo (7th July 2013), Ol' Roy (8th July 2013), Redcolibri (7th July 2013), seko (22nd March 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

I have sent the pdf to those who asked..... I wondered if some excerpts from it might be useful???

Taken from the PDF:

ETIOLOGY (CAUSES OF GUM DISEASE)

Since gum disease is so common, nearly everyone is sure to experience its symptoms. Many reasons are given for its cause. One of the most common is that calculus (the hard stone-like deposits that form on the teeth) causes periodontal disease. This reasoning comes from the fact that whenever gum disease is present, the crusted deposits on the teeth are nearly always found. Though this deposit has received the blame for causing pyorrhea, today we know that it is the result of the disease being there and not the cause.

The following example will demonstrate how this erroneous
    conclusion can be made. If, while driving along the highway in spring after the snow has melted away, one observed dead animals lying in the fields or along the road with crows picking on each carcass, one could draw the conclusion that crows kill animals. It can quickly be shown that such reasoning is wrong. The same erroneous reasoning might lead to the conclusion that the calcium deposits on the teeth cause gum disease. The weight of evidence supports the concept that diseased gums with the presence of large amounts of calculus can be healed without removing the deposit. We know that these calcium deposits are there as a result of gum disease and are not the cause of it. The sharp spines of calculus may modify the disease and accelerate its progress, but calculus is not its initial cause.

Mouth bacteria (germs) are also erroneously blamed for producing gum disease. This mistaken belief could move a person to try to destroy mouth bacteria (germs), which would be the wrong thing to do since only a small percentage of the bacteria present in the mouth are disease-producing. The greatest number are health-producing. Man has done untold damage by tampering with ecology, and the mouth is only a small example.

The indiscriminate use of mouthwashes has been accompanied by an increase of gum disease.

The initial and real cause of gum disease is the white material known as materia alba or plaque, found along the necks of the teeth and in the gingival crevice. The presence of the material can easily be demonstrated by running a rubber-tipped disclosing instrument along this area. One will easily see the white material, most aptly described as "mouth dirt," coming out of the crevice in a snowplow fashion. This rubber-tipped instrument should not be used to clean the crevice but only for detection purposes, for it would be injurious to the mouth. Another method used to reveal the dirt is the disclosing tablet, which stains the white material and makes it visible. However, one of the shortcomings of the staining technique is that it does not demonstrate the dirt under the free margin of the gum (gingival crevice).

This hidden material is the primary cause of the inflammation; without it, gum disease is rarely present. When this material is removed and kept out of the area, healing begins immediately in virtually every case.

It is widely believed that this plaque is food debris left in the mouth. This assumption is false. The eating of most foods does not dirty the mouth as believed; eating does much to clean it.

Research done at a state prison brought this to light. In this research, inmates were divided into groups according to how many times a day they brushed their teeth. Each of these groups was then divided into two sections. Section A was allowed to eat three full nutritious meals daily. Section B was given the equivalent nutrition by injection into the bloodstream. At the onset, every individual's mouth was cleaned by a dentist. The calculus was scraped off and the teeth thoroughly polished. The object was to determine if the mouth would get dirty when no food was consumed. Everyone was examined periodically. The surprising discovery from the experiment was that the section that did not eat had by far the dirtiest mouths. As the research went on into the third and fourth weeks, nearly everyone in Section B (those that did not eat their food) developed periodontal disease. In Section A, less evidence of change was seen between the men who brushed their teeth and those who did not. It was evident that eating solid food has as great an influence on mouth cleanliness as ordinary tooth-brushing.

Over the years, many things have been blamed for producing gum disease. Today we know that plaque (mouth dirt) is probably the most common cause while many of the previously blamed "causes" only aggravate the condition.

One of the most important aggravating factors is occlusal disharmony (the fitting or misfitting of the lower teeth in relation to the upper). This has nothing to do with malocclusion (crooked teeth). It is very possible that teeth with malocclusion can still have good occlusal harmony. Other influencing factors are missing teeth, systemic diseases, and iatrogenic factors (overhanging fillings, crowns, partial dentures and poorly constructed bridges). While these are often blamed for causing periodontal disease, they only magnify the condition
    Last edited by witchy1; 7th July 2013 at 04:16.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Constance (23rd March 2016), Redcolibri (7th July 2013), selinam (24th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Interesting explanation of the difference between correlation vs cause and effect...

I would surmise that eating may benefit the teeth because of the release of the enzymes which accompany the chewing action. Something which wouldn't occur with intravenous feeding. (poor prisoners) But left over food particles themselves are the source of bacterial/viral growth. Also just the general stimulation of chewing crunching, munching may have a stimulative effect on the gums...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Redcolibri (7th July 2013), witchy1 (7th July 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

For an alternative view of "modern" dental techniques, I suggest you check out Patient Empowerment by Hal A Huggins, DDS. I think that he's onto something.

Taurean recently posted a talk of Huggins: Dental toxicity due to mercury in amalgam . But the title of that thread is a bit misleading -- it's not just mercury fillings. Huggins view of dental health is sharply different from the conventional approach on a variety of topics.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (8th July 2013), Calz (7th July 2013), fourty-two (22nd March 2016), penn (8th July 2013), Redcolibri (7th July 2013), Shannon (25th April 2016), witchy1 (7th July 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Where did you get the tootbrushes from witchy?

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member loc333's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks for this my teeth are bad

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Quote Posted by Arpheus (here)
    Where did you get the toothbrushes from witchy?
    I just purchased brushes from this site http://www.toothwizards.com/

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

4evrneo (8th July 2013), gaiagirl (24th March 2016), witchy1 (7th July 2013)

17. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,530 times in 419 posts

I never had any problems until I had a metal retainer put in my mouth and since I've had bleeding gums. Would the retainer be the cause or could this brush solution work despite the retainer?

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Hi all, have sent the pdf to those who requested it. In the interests of privacy I will delete your messages from here and from my email

Arpheus - I got mine from http://www.toothwizards.com/ I have emailed them with a couple of questions and they provide great follow up and customer service also really quick response time. They advised for what I think is an infected tooth problem in addition to blotting - oil pulling, salt water rinses, pinching the gums and tummy parasite removal! The latter was a bit of an eye opener. Although not entirely necessary, they thought it might facilitate faster healing

andrewgreen - I am not sure re retainers. My suggestion would be to contact them at the above website and ask Graeme Dinnen graeme@resourcesforlife.net I would image that bleeding gums are bleeding gums regardless of metal. (unless the metal is sitting on the gums) your teeth may needs some care - the brushes work with a capillary action (no toothpaste) and suck up all the mouth debris sitting on the gum line that is forced down into the gum when we brush normally. just mho.

Karen
    Last edited by witchy1; 8th July 2013 at 00:18.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

4evrneo (8th July 2013)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 times in 277 posts

Does any one know what would be the best way to establish a good bacterial culture in the mouth? I'm thinking a spoon of home made yogurt/keffir before bed time?
    The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate.
    – Dr. Wayne Dyer

21. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)
    Mods is there a way to upload the PDF. (11MB)
    Three years later ... I happened on this thread again. I tracked down the pdf and uploaded it to http://AvalonLibrary.net/Paul/OralHe...stBook1972.pdf
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 15th August 2016 at 03:54.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

bettye198 (24th April 2016), Ernie Nemeth (22nd March 2016), Ewan (22nd March 2016), fourty-two (22nd March 2016), kennywally (5th April 2016), KiwiElf (22nd March 2016), kudzy (29th March 2016)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,047 times in 2,398 posts

Glad this was bumped, I'd never have seen the info otherwise.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Constance (23rd March 2016), ThePythonicCow (26th March 2016)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

The book is also available direct from them without giving up your e-mail... http://www.toothwizards.com/files/Or...stBook1972.pdf

Also, the video here:

For me, my gums quit bleeding when I started getting enough vitamin C. Apparently many people in North America are suffering from mild scurvy most of the time.
    Last edited by happyexpat; 23rd March 2016 at 21:42.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyexpat For This Post:

conk (29th March 2016), Constance (23rd March 2016), fourty-two (24th April 2016), kennywally (5th April 2016)

27. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 times in 571 posts

I am so looking into this blotting method. I found a product called Biosalts created by a Dentist Dr. Behm in Florida that you mix with org soda bicarbonate and a wonderful product I have used for many years, Oral Guard from Institute of Vibrant Living online. The Oral Guard has the famous food grade hydrogen peroxide among other wonderful ingredients. It has saved me! But the cleaning method is now something to employ. Thank You!
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

28. Link to Post #17
    Morocco Avalon Member
    Thanks

Anyone know of any sellers of the blotting brush in the USA, or is it exclusive to toothwizards.com? Don't really like ordering from overseas if it can be avoided.

29. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Basho (here)
    Anyone know of any sellers of the blotting brush in the USA, or is it exclusive to toothwizards.com? Don't really like ordering from overseas if it can be avoided.
    I got my blotting brush at the Holistic Dental Store, which is incorporated in Oregon, USA, and ship from Mobridge. South Dakota, USA.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

bettye198 (26th April 2016), Shannon (25th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread