+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quebec Train Wreck/Blast

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Default Quebec Train Wreck/Blast

I'm really surprised that with as many Canadians on the forum, noone has begun a thread about this sad accident.

MadMAx1 and others have mentioned it in the Boeing 777 thread:

Quote you should be more concerned with the train derailment in Canada that caused a massive explosion and a huge crude oil spill and fire which demolished a town centre and may have polluted the river their.
    This reminds me of the accident in Viareggio, Italy some years ago (29/06/2009 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viareggio_train_derailment).... very similar situation.

My prayers go out to all the hurt and those who lost loved ones, and hopes for the missing...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/train-derai...124101421.html

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/harper-visi...113122706.html
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

avid (7th July 2013), Caren (8th July 2013), Carmody (8th July 2013), DeDukshyn (8th July 2013), Earth Angel (9th July 2013), enfoldedblue (7th July 2013), Gardener (7th July 2013), ghostrider (8th July 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (7th July 2013), MadMax1 (7th July 2013), shadowstalker (7th July 2013), sigma6 (7th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (8th July 2013), Tesseract (8th July 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Quebec Train Wreck/Blast

Quote Posted by MorningSong (here)
    I'm really surprised that with as many Canadians on the forum, noone has begun a thread about this sad accident.

MadMAx1 and others have mentioned it in the Boeing 777 thread:

Quote you should be more concerned with the train derailment in Canada that caused a massive explosion and a huge crude oil spill and fire which demolished a town centre and may have polluted the river their.
    This reminds me of the accident in Viareggio, Italy some years ago (29/06/2009 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viareggio_train_derailment).... very similar situation.

My prayers go out to all the hurt and those who lost loved ones, and hopes for the missing...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/train-derai...124101421.html

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/harper-visi...113122706.html
    My feeling from what I heard from Mass media is What Americans are doing in Colorado, government of Canada doing same in Quebac. All extreme news come from that state. Shooting, massacres, strange accidents, strange tremors(earthquake???) I did not hear other states maybe it is my info disability to misjudge the situations.
    I hope it is just coincidences occurred by over recent years.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mevlana For This Post:

Earth Angel (9th July 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (7th July 2013), MorningSong (7th July 2013), sigma6 (7th July 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

There is a report on the BBC website. What surprises me a great deal is that the US arliner got all the headlines and this terrible incident is treated as a side-bar issue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23218614
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Knowrainknowrainbows! (7th July 2013), MorningSong (7th July 2013), sigma6 (7th July 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

yes, as usual, this is only Canadians, so it is a side issue. We always hear about US incidents and accidents and nver about the rest of the world.

I am truly sorry for the victims and families, some of which I may know.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Earth Angel (9th July 2013), MorningSong (7th July 2013), sigma6 (7th July 2013), sunflower (8th July 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

I don't see any real news coming out... " a number of fatalities"? A train crashed into the downtown of a small city of 6,000 and "one person has been declared dead"? "about 40 people MISSING" !!!??? what the hell is that supposed to mean?... These are clues that tell me they are already massaging and covering up any real news.

Remember the news from a few days earlier? ... Dah Da Dah Dahhhh... "The RCMP is proud to report that it has stopped a potential terrorist attack!" (that nobody has ever suspected and would have never even thought about it and we don't even really know why)... (patting self on the back... with photos of some pressure cookers... btw is that some hidden code message like Pressure Cooker = Crock Pot!???, like that gift the US gave Saddam Hussain (a ceremonial vase (or was it really a pot to piss in)

First off I don't know if that was for real or just a script the US is handing the Canadian Govt at some level... as some form of social conditioning to make us more paranoid like our US brethren, cause otherwise, it doesn't really fit. (With a 'suck-up' like Harper anything is possible...) But if there really are "terrorist" attacks being planned in Canada... where is the news...? And why would they be targeting Canada? (well OK, actually maybe it's just been long in coming... ) You know why Canadians are so polite? Because they haven't got anything interesting to say!...

Remember the last "Canadian Movie" you watched? Point made... (ok, Sorry fellow Canadians... just my rant... I'm sick and tired of living in a CORPORATION, controlled by a freemason controlled police force and court system. Where it's a sign of prestige to work for a parasitical government that has the highest pollution from manufacturing per capita (again higher then the States...). Imagine a company that has 60% of its' staff dedicated to Management, Administration and Security... Welcome to Canada!... hey wanna buy some cheap resources in exchange for some beers? ...

If you are not sure what it means to be Canadian, just watch a beer commercial they are the official Canadian organization that helps Canadians "identify" who they are... LOL...

Point is, Canadians are patiently waiting for the media to spoon feed them the "real story" That is, as soon as they figure out how they are going to spin it, what they are going to include and what they are going to hide... The only thing I would trust would be some non media towns person from the city sharing information on YouTube (oh but wait they just went and "evacuated everyone") or some insider from the Rail Company willing to leak information anonymously, or similar...

I don't trust this government... or the Government regulated News Media... if anyone finds a YouTube like that I'm all ears... please share... and yes, I pray for all the real innocent victims who are being denied existence due to a legal interpretation... (haven't been "officially" counted?...)

Like suicide jumps on the the Toronto subway every Monday, you'll never hear a peep (unless you're there)... because of Canada's higher per capita larger populations per city (yes even more so then the US, ie. it really means we have less spread out small and rural towns...) they ALREADY have us corralled in cities, and because of the weather and building code regs, everyone is dependent on the banks for mortgages, etc. controlled by 6 major corporate Banks. And with only 12 "provinces" ... 4 that technically only really count as legal... Her Majesty's Government already pretty much has us under under their control... Freemasonry, White Anglo Saxon secret societies (WASSS) are still closely tied to the Queen mother run by our suck up Prime Minister... heck they can barely get along with the French! Combine that with the average lower standard of living, compared to the US (but you guys look like you are catching up fast...lol) Makes for a population of zombified working class stiffs, just trying to keep their mortgage payments up and put food on the table... while preparing for the next winter freeze. The elites are out there, but they know better to keep a low profile for the most part (otherwise they know they will be targeted by the poor, since there are no gated cities, so much as "expensive neighbourhoods" They just sit quietly in their fenced in front porches, like old school gentility, leading their lives of quiet desperation in their own right.

re: the crash, I will bet the area is cordoned off and no one allowed anywhere near it (healthy and safety) and I'll bet they even cut off anyone taking photos, etc not directly but just keeping everyone busy packing their bags and shipping them out...

One last thing, despite the higher per capita large city populations... We are still isolated from each other by great distances. Outside of Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, (did I miss any?) there are few groups and organizations (unless your a freemason) to join. It's a whole different ball game here... I hate to say it but Canadians already know if there is something "anti - Canadian" or "terroristy" that they can hide from the public, it has already been filtered from the news... go back to your bowl of wheaties Canada so you can make your lunch for tomorrow... and hope you don't get pulled over and ticketed 25% of your paycheck for speeding or parking in the wrong spot (plus insurance hikes)

Ah if only life were like those beer commercials...
    Last edited by sigma6; 7th July 2013 at 23:02.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

bennycog (10th July 2013), MorningSong (7th July 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member MadMax1's Avatar
    Thanks

That's exactly right the whole day yesterday they plastered the news channels with the asia airlines crash, yes it was bad and 2 people passed on but on the whole i think the rest were very lucky to be able to mostly walk off before it started to burn. I think the train derailment is very suspicious how can a train that had been shutdown and locked up for the night come unlatched hours later and start rolling down the track?? and how did it derail right in the middle of a small township in a location where it did alot of damage to homes and buildings people and possibly polluting the river system. The news spent about 3 minutes reporting this incident i had to go to RT and CBC news sites to get more information on it and it sounds like to me either kids mucking around on it or it was done on deliberately for some reason, can you also tell me someone is crude oil explosive because that is what it was reported to be hauling. Unless it was also hauling fuel tankers i don't think it would be exploding like it did, yes oil catches fire quickly and spreads quickly but i have never seen it explode before, unless their is something in the raw crude oil which gives it an explosive nature.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MadMax1 For This Post:

bennycog (10th July 2013), Holly Lindin (7th July 2013), MorningSong (7th July 2013), sigma6 (7th July 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sigma6 (here)
    I don't see any real news coming out... " a number of fatalities"? A train crashed into the downtown of a small city of 6,000 and "one person has been declared dead"? "about 40 people MISSING" !!!??? You know why Canadians are so polite? Because they haven't got anything interesting to say!... , controlled by a freemason controlled police force and court system.

I don't trust this government... or the Government regulated News Media... if anyone finds a YouTube like that I'm all ears... please share... and yes, I pray for all the real innocent victims who are being denied existence due to a legal interpretation... (haven't been "officially" counted?...)

Freemasonry, White Anglo Saxon secret societies (WASSS) are still closely tied to the Queen mother run by our suck up Prime Minister..gated cities, so much as "expensive neighbourhoods"
    I believe not all police cruelty are related with freemasonry or WASPs. I refer to call them guard dogs, and i am not against pittbull dogs because of their violent capabilities, I am against their trainers and owners.
    Check those out

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ayzR2TZg4_s

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gXh3Vm54Fgg
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=gXh3Vm54Fgg

and they can wear different uniforms

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RRvMCJyhb3M
    Last edited by mevlana; 7th July 2013 at 23:47.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mevlana For This Post:

sigma6 (8th July 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    yes, as usual, this is only Canadians, so it is a side issue. We always hear about US incidents and accidents and nver about the rest of the world.
    I agree wholeheartedly, Flash.

Threads of many pages about the children of Sandy Hook...and yet yesterday 41 children were killed, some burned alive, in Nigeria...and not a word mentioned about this.

Link: http://12160.info/profiles/blogs/nig...ource=activity

Not intended to take away from this thread, but rather to bring out the point that if what happens to our "next door neighbor" is not worthy of discussion, how much less so the rest of the world.

I've spent the last several months reading and not posting...it's been eye-opening. Lots of talk about compassion and unity...but when it comes to threads about other countries, very few "walk the talk"...not to mention how many incidents have occurred in the rest of the world without a thread being created or even a few words in a post bringing it to the discussion table.

Sad.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

bennycog (10th July 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (8th July 2013), markpierre (8th July 2013), MorningSong (8th July 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

George Bush Sr said he creates the news, so blame him ... the train wreck one dead, about forty missing ??? ehummmm , a train crashes , people just don't dissappear, or just walk off in the sunset... man news reports are just plain movie scripts anymore ... the mainstream is all goo goo about the plane crash, and just oh by the way there was a train wreck in Canada... what ??? who was on the train ? did it jump the tracks? was it going to fast? what company owns the train ? etc... if this had happened in D.C. or boston or new england etc, they would have long disscussions with endless talking heads saying blah blah for days ... bunch of souless clones ...our world is upside down in every respect when it comes to honest humanity/common sense ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

bennycog (10th July 2013), MorningSong (8th July 2013), Ontarioguy (8th July 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Knowrainknowrainbows!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,527 times in 252 posts

Not much really available ...
    KRKR

Quote Posted by Gardener (here)
    There is a report on the BBC website. What surprises me a great deal is that the US arliner got all the headlines and this terrible incident is treated as a side-bar issue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23218614

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knowrainknowrainbows! For This Post:

Flash (10th July 2013), MorningSong (8th July 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Our prayers from this family to everyone effected in Canada for healing and easing of the grievous pain of loss.
    Is it for lack of more regulatory lapses in the DOT? Somehow, I get the idea, that the sale of water is going up, and they will purchase more and more.

(NO Caps for 'em) ptw are taking a "if I can't have it all, no one will attitude/tantrum. They are delusionally phychotic and suicidal to be told NO. They are the ones mentioned in the book of Enoch, for they are the ones who "never" repent and must go with the rest of the evil. Their delusional God is MONEY, and it has driven them mad. They are going for the public life resources, that are finite as long as they pollute them. I read somewhere that a whole lake just disappeared overnight. You know that's not what happened. They just trained and trucked it out.

Until WE lock them up without a bail, they will continue to destroy what they cannot own, in order to be in total control, with what they do own.

Got it? I know it came out kinda puzzley, but it's simple for me to understand it.
    Now we must see them all in handcuffs, and marching before the courts around the world, for tax evasion, and other white collar crime.
    They really aren't that smooth operators. In fact, they've gotten right sloppy and lazy.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 8th July 2013 at 01:36.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

MorningSong (8th July 2013), ulli (8th July 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Some of the reports online give the impression, if not almost state it directly, that the explosion happened during the moments of the collision – followed by an inferno. The below article does make mention of pressurised wagons – but it is impossible to tell if such wagons became pressurised due to the fire or if they were pressurised to start with.

After doing some searching, I would guess that the wagons were pressurised when they were filled as this seems to be a sometimes used practice for crude oil wagons – it probably helps to decant the product at the destination. It may also be that the crude goes straight from the ground to the wagon without being fully depressurized – but that is speculation. If true, that would mean that the crude would contain a lot of dissolved volatiles that would rapidly be released into the atmosphere under de-pressurisation. Either way I do see how you could get an explosion more or less right at the time of collision. If the wagons weren’t pressurized I would expect a fire would be needed first, which would give people more time to get away. I also read that these wagons have special coupling sections which prevent them from decoupling in an accident and puncturing each other – doesn’t seem to have worked here.

Also worth bearing in mind that crude oil straight from the ground isn’t always thick sludge – in rare cases it can be a thin, even transparent, liquid that almost needs not to be refined. Even if it is a sludgy material there may be enough volatiles present to quickly form an explosive mixture with air.

Whatever the case, there needs to be a review of the safety, or lack of, involved in carting this material through population centers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-0...canada/4804052
    Last edited by Tesseract; 8th July 2013 at 03:15. Reason: add link

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

25. Link to Post #13
    Switzerland Avalon Member Team Zen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesseract (here)
    Some of the reports online give the impression, if not almost state it directly, that the explosion happened during the moments of the collision – followed by an inferno. The below article does make mention of pressurised wagons – but it is impossible to tell if such wagons became pressurised due to the fire or if they were pressurised to start with.
    Are we sure there was a collision? This article makes it sound like it just rolled away from resting position..

Quote (Reuters) - At least five people died and 40 were missing on Sunday after a runaway train carrying crude oil derailed and exploded in the center of a small Canadian town in a disaster that raised fresh questions about shipping oil by rail.

The train, which did not have an engineer aboard when it derailed, was hauling 72 tanker cars of crude from North Dakota to eastern Canada. It rolled downhill from an overnight parking spot, gathered speed and derailed on a curve in the small town of Lac-Megantic at 1 a.m. (0500 GMT) on Saturday.

Each car carried 30,000 gallons (113,000 liters) of crude oil. Four caught fire and exploded in a orange and black fireball that mushroomed hundreds of feet into the air and flattened dozens of buildings, including a popular bar.

"It looks like a war zone here," said Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who visited the town on Sunday. "This is an unbelievable disaster. ... There isn't a family in this area that is not touched by this, that is not affected by this."

Montreal, Maine & Atlantic, which owns the line, said it was investigating the cause of the accident, but the release of the train's brakes might be linked to how the locomotive was shut down on Friday night in the nearby town of Nantes.
    How suspicious, eh?

source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...ors_picks=true
    Last edited by Team Zen; 8th July 2013 at 07:57. Reason: added link
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack
    in everything
    That's how the light gets in

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team Zen For This Post:

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 times in 642 posts

Acording to a live chat today on the Toronto Star site, the RR company says that there was sabotage.
    "...The company Montreal, Main and Atlantic maintains its engineer properly applied all hand brakes and that the air break was functioning when he left it for the night, but has suggested that someone tampered with the breaking systems, cut the power to one of the trains and, as a result, the air brakes lost pressure and the great weight aboard the train sent it hurtling into Lac Megantic."

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TWINCANS For This Post:

Earth Angel (9th July 2013), Flash (10th July 2013), MadMax1 (8th July 2013), MorningSong (8th July 2013), Team Zen (8th July 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Check out the latest Fulford Report.... (which just came out today (July 8, 2013)

Quote There may also be trouble outside of the region. Canada, for example, has begun to position itself as an alternative source of oil and gas to the volatile Middle East. This may be why a train carrying oil appears to have been sabotaged at Lake Megantic in Quebec.
    Unfortunately I have been told I can't post his full reports anymore before they come out...(which some never do) although others apparently still do... Most of the usual with the fill in gossip, bu this rather unusual reference to Canada... not sure how solid it is, but makes for interesting reading...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Flash (10th July 2013), Team Zen (8th July 2013)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

I truly do not know what happened with the train but I know that Lac Megantic is not only a small 6,000 people town in winter, but a very nice summer resort with a lot of chalets (camps for americans) and resorts. Lac Megantic is also a very nice lake who has the reputation to have its own Loch Ness Nellie (with an Indian name). Polluting it with oil is just incredible.

I will try to see what happened really when back in Quebec this week (I am presently in London UK).

This does not sound like a regular accident at first glance.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Earth Angel (9th July 2013), MorningSong (9th July 2013)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Update: there are now 13 bodies recovered, all still unidentified. There were 30 buildings destroyed in the downtown area, including a popular bar which is where the people were.

The train had been parked at Nantes so that the engineer could have some sleep. (Evidently someone was too cheap to employ two drivers, who could take turns.) The president of the railway's parent company, Rail World Inc., said the train was properly secured before the engineer left for the night. But, witnesses in Nantes said that they had seen sparks and a cloud of diesel smoke as the train came to a stop. Nantes firefighters then answered a call about a fire aboard the locomotive less than three hours before the train rumbled into Lac-Mégantic.

The chairman of the board of Rail World Inc. said that by shutting off the locomotive in order to deal with the fire, the firefighters could have unknowingly shut off the train's air brakes. However, firefighters in Nantes said when they left the train it was in the care of a track maintenance employee. So there is much blaming and finger-pointing going on right now.

The leader of Quebec's Coalition Avenir Québec said he expects there will be significant changes to railway regulations after the investigation has been completed. "It's not acceptable that we see trains with oil so close to houses," he said on Monday.

Meanwhile, an estimated 100,000 litres of oil spilled into the Chaudière River. So that has to be dealt with. It is a horrid tragedy.

Today we find Toronto underwater as more rain fell in one day yesterday than ever before. Massive flooding and thousands of power outages. So, you're missing all the fun, Flash. Hoping you're enjoying your stay in the UK.
    Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
    Franklin P. Jones

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hermite For This Post:

Earth Angel (9th July 2013), Flash (10th July 2013), MorningSong (9th July 2013), Tesseract (10th July 2013)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

In this article the author questions the sudden outpouring of sympathy from the royals and offers a reason .......unfortunately not one single comment below the article sees his point and are very offended by his suggestions that they have an ulterior motive.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...205358468.html

From the Article.....

Is it just me, or have the royals more attentive than usual to the pain and suffering befalling us out here in their western outpost? Maybe it is just that so much tragedy has occurred recently, but it seems Queen Elizabeth and her brood have been quicker to express sadness on our behalf as of late.

It seems a bit too conspiratorial to mention that Canada and its court system could play the wildcard in upcoming lineage debates. Kate Middleton is about to give birth and a Canadian legal challenge surrounding the succession of her child, should it be a girl, could end up confusing the whole process. That whole yarn is available here.

So, if not that, what is keeping the Royal Family so focused on our misery? Familial bond? A desire to foster stronger ties? Schadenfreude?

In any event, thanks for the notes, Royal Family. We'll try not to bum you out too much going forward.

FYI, Toronto had some pretty bad rain this week. If flooded basements pull at your heartstrings, best be prepared.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Flash (10th July 2013), MorningSong (13th July 2013)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

At work, we were asked to donate to the Red Cross to help the victims. I'm all about helping, but why go through the Red Cross? Can't we give directly to the city or the victims?

Doesn't anybody know that the Red Cross does not redistribute the donations well?

A couple of example in the media, about the American Red Cross though, but still, it amazes me how much people are naive and not informed. Do they even read the news??

http://gawker.com/5958176/the-coca+c...urricane-sandy
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...y-aid/2384515/
    https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/04/28-0

My thoughts and prayers to the victims of this tragedy.
    "Every facet, every department of your mind, is to be programmed by you; and unless you assume your rightful responsibility, and begin to program your own mind, the world will program it for you." - the Crystal Method

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Kerrigan For This Post:

MorningSong (13th July 2013)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Kerrigan;701240]At work, we were asked to donate to the Red Cross to help the victims. I'm all about helping, but why go through the Red Cross? Can't we give directly to the city or the victims?
    /QUOTE]

Dear Kerrigan, here's an alternative: "At Tuesday's meeting, selectmen decided to give $500 and open a bank account for people who would like to help the town of Lac-Mégantic, following the devastating fire that leveled 30 buildings there and killed dozens of people on Saturday. Since 1991, Farmington has been the sister city of Lac-Mégantic.

The account will be started at TD Bank at 163 Broadway in Farmington and called, "The Lac-Mégantic Relief Fund," which those donors giving should indicate when dropping off or sending in their gift. Any donations will go to the municipality to help it in its rebuilding efforts."

http://www.dailybulldog.com/db/featu...-lac-megantic/
    Lots of photos at link.

Also - A benefit concert will be held on Wednesday, July 17, at Le National performing arts venue on Ste-Catherine St. E. with all proceeds going to help the community of Lac-Mégantic.

Confirmed artists are the Pascale Picard Band, Mario Saint-Amand and the musicians of 22 Câline de Bleu, Bob Bissonnette, Les Croches, Jérôme Charlebois, Chloé Lacasse, Peter Peter, Simon Morin and Francis Bédard-Petrin. Comics Jean-Thomas Jobin and Dominic et Martin will also perform.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...944/story.html

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
    Franklin P. Jones

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermite For This Post:

MorningSong (15th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast