+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meet the new gold-backed world reserve currency

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Default Meet the new gold-backed world reserve currency

With the myrid of thoughtful opinions on this forum, I am curious as to your thoughts on this subject of a gold backed currency.

Here is one story below, and please feel free to post stories, and personal thoughts on this thread for further investigation.

Thanks in advance,

http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=55429
    Last edited by HORIZONS; 8th July 2013 at 01:49.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

GreenGuy (14th December 2013), Lefty Dave (8th July 2013), Mike (7th July 2013), Nanoo Nanoo (8th July 2013), Richard S. (8th July 2013), Soulboy (7th July 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Meet the new gold-backed world reserve currency

Here is another opinion on this...

Quote Franklin Templeton Money Manager: We Will See a Gold Backed Asian Currency
    "Boom Bust" emails:

I just read your post about Philippa Malmgren saying the Chinese may back their currency with gold. Funny thing, but two days ago I had the opportunity to briefly talk to Dr. Mark Mobius from Franklin Templeton Investments (I assume you know who he is - a well traveled portfolio manager with insights into emerging and frontier markets.) During a presentation he mentioned that people in Asia had been guying gold like crazy after the gold price fell in April. He said dealers in India were sold out. One of his colleagues from Turkey said people in Turkey had been buying massive amounts of gold coins as well, at big premiums to the spot price (i.e. suggesting a decoupling of the price of physical gold from the spot price on Comex.)

The most interesting part, and linked to your post and Malmgren's statement about the Chinese backing their currency with gold, was when I asked Mr. Mobius after the presentation: "Do you believe we will see an Asian nation back their currency with gold?" His answer: "Yes, of course." When as a follow up question I asked "Do you think we'll see a return to the gold standard?", his answer was "Yes, we should."

Mobius knows much about economies in Asia. Seems like he and Malmgren are of the same opinion on this issue.

You can read (by using the built in Google translate function on my blog) about this at this blogpost I wrote: http://theboombust.blogspot.no/2013/...tandarden.html

Best regards,
    "Boom Bust"
    http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...anager-we.html
    And there are many more recent ones just like it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

fifi (10th July 2013), GreenGuy (14th December 2013), Mike (7th July 2013), Nasu (14th December 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,808 times in 21,552 posts

Perhaps this means that the bastards in power have perfected the alchemy of transmuting base metals into gold .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

DarMar (14th December 2013), HORIZONS (7th July 2013), kanishk (12th July 2013), Mike (7th July 2013), Nasu (14th December 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Here is an interesting thought on Energy Backed Money...
    http://www.energybackedmoney.com/
    Quote Energy Backed Money

The purpose of this short online book is to present a compelling case in favor of energy backed money. In particular, this book outlines a plan for the US Dollar to become a representative currency backed by electricity in units of kilowatt-hours (kWh). The background chapters are intended to give the book a self contained and logical flow.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

GreenGuy (14th December 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

So you want a gold backed currency?
    http://cafr1.com/SoYouWant.html
    Quote SO YOU WANT A GOLD BACKED CURRENCY - THE 50-YEAR PLAN IS COMING TO A CLOSE..
    ...People seem to forget that the dollar’s barter exchange value has been circulated for decades and hundreds of trillions of dollars worth of products and commodities have changed hands through the use of dollars every decade. The fact that the dollar is “just” an exchange barter tool since 1963 (the date when they pulled the coinage in circulation taking the silver and gold out of the public's hands) has not changed.

Does anyone think the massive expansion of the economy would have taken place using gold as the barter tool over the same time period?

Individual’s assets in 1955 were rather sparse and bare compared to the individual’s assets today. Inflation has taken root over the last 20 years due to the spiral of run-away growth and the effect of greed and unethical oppertunity applied from and due to the boom periods where cash flowed as king and as time went by he who could cheat the other guy first walked with the kingdom of the booty. (within government expansion the before mentioned was done quite well)

The ethical and honest were pushed to the shadows to be ignored and the greedy opportunists walked with the booty and became the power base who now called the shots.

Per gold, what we are seeing at this time is the culmination of the “50 year plan” . People in general are not too bright. The public owns percentage wise very little gold. In 1963 / 64 when we went off the gold and silver standard, the 50 year plan began. The commercial banks; large international families; and a few countries started the focus and organized effort to buy all of the gold each and every year. Hundreds of tones per month as they manipulated to keep the price low.

Come 1999 they were very successful in their focus and plan. I would estimate their stockpile of gold increased by over 20,000 tons AND they did so right up until 2000 getting the gold at an average price of $134 to $175 per oz.

When looking at gold the parties mentioned above would own over 80% of the physical gold and the general population less than10%. Independent commercial interests the rest.

Well, it does not matter if you own all the gold in the world, if you can not unload it in barter for other commodities or property the value is nil.

So, here we go with 2001 and the stage is set and the play begins. Circumstances are forced to create fear; the sky is falling; economic doom and gloom come 2008; the propaganda begins to condition many with Parrot sound-bite conditioning to belittle the dollar and “gold is what is needed as the barter tool with ever increasing fever”.

Again, the general public is not too bright. Those commercial banks; large international families; and a few countries with gold hovering in the $1600 to $1800 per oz pricing are standing on a potential profit of over 1000%. They can not sell tens of thousands of tons of gold, the gold they own, that 90% of what is held by them on the open market or gold would plummet down to $10 per oz over-night, possibly to $5 per oz.

The volume of actual “physical” gold sales taking place at these levels over the last year is very light compared to what has been stockpiled by the cartel.

What you will see take place over the next two years is the promotion by the cartel to make the public believe “it is essential to have a gold backed currency”. The parrots will be saturated with sound-bites to Parrot away screaming and demanding a gold backed currency. **International Circumstances will be created to bring the fear level to the brink.**

Then in 2014 or possibly 2013, the Powers-That-be, will say: We have heard your cries and we must in good consciousness yield to your demands, so here is your gold backed currency… Bait; Hooked; landed; and fried.

** Now the cartel will have the liquidity ** to unload what they have stockpiled for 50-years as the country obtains the physical gold to back the currency… 1000%+ profit locked in and the public now becomes the bag-holder.

After the conversion is complete and the horde unloaded, then the collapse in gold prices begins (2015-16), with the true and real collapse of the dollar now taking place backed by the quickly diminishing value of gold.

The 50-year plan is complete. The wealth transfer accomplished for the cartel, and the public will be screaming and looking at who to point the finger of blame upon.

The only one to blame in reality will be themselves for so easily being masterfully entertained by Bait; Hooked; landed; and fried.

Break the conditioning! Look at “who” owns all of the gold. That old adage: “He who owns all of the gold makes the rules” applies and believe me, you DO NOT WANT them making the rules.

But then suicide is on the rise now a day…

Sincerely,

Walter Burien – CAFR1
    EX Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA) or 14 years (1978 - 1992) and commodity futures trader of 33 years.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

Redstar Kachina (14th December 2013), schneider (7th July 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Perhaps this means that the bastards in power have perfected the alchemy of transmuting base metals into gold .
    Money useless gold useless well as paper weight perhaps

Only natural resources and human resources have value

Good thought Paul

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

AuCo (8th July 2013), GreenGuy (14th December 2013), seko (11th July 2013), Tesseract (8th July 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,750 times in 8,385 posts

I can't really believe they are going to back the global currency with gold for any longer than it just takes to fool all the nay Sayers into agreeing to go with it.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

14. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Mike (7th July 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That, or perhaps Joseph P. Farrell is right, and the amount of gold that these bastards have accumulated in the last century is several times the amount publicly admitted to being "above ground" (already mined.)

In World War II, the Japanese took much gold from China, then following the war, that gold ended up in the hands of said bastards, some via way of the Philippines. Over in Europe, the Germans scraped up much gold as well, which I presume also ended up in the hands of the most powerful.

What gold has not already been hidden away is currently moving from West to East, into the hands of the BRICS nations. I figure that gold in the hands of a sovereign power, which is controlled by a central bank, which in turn is controlled by said bastards, is gold that is one hop away from being directly in the hands of the most powerful.

So ... a key question ... why ... cui bono?

Is the gold really valuable, perhaps to some off world civilization that is "farming" earth for its gold, or is gold just another convenient means to control us unruly humans, or both?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Fred Steeves (11th July 2013), HORIZONS (8th July 2013), kanishk (12th July 2013), lakewatcher (8th July 2013), seko (7th July 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    I can't really believe they are going to back the global currency with gold for any longer than it just takes to fool all the nay Sayers into agreeing to go with it.
    Well, there's "real gold" (aka free gold) monetary systems, where the actual wealth in the form of gold is in the hands of the ordinary person, and there's "fake gold" monetary systems, where the gold is in a giant vault, and a centrally administered currency, supposedly backed by that gold, is in the hands of the ordinary person.

I'll readily agree that the bastards have no plans to implement a free gold system.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

ghostrider (8th July 2013), HORIZONS (8th July 2013), kanishk (12th July 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Member MadMax1's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting you should say that about 3 months back i was watching a video about what they do at certain nuclear facilities, and it was to do with a ufo being interested in these sites, they then went onto explain what they did at one of these facilities and i can't for the life of me remember where it was. All i can remember is it is in the USA where they have one of the calydascopes and they were also experimenting on changing metals into gold can not remember what one though it might have been mercury or lead and they actually did change it into gold it took a couple days to do it and was a very expensive process. The scientist did say the process cost alot more then the amount of gold they could produce so not sure if someone else could be doing it on a larger scale or not but very possible i would say.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadMax1 For This Post:

HORIZONS (8th July 2013), RunningDeer (8th July 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MadMax1 (here)
    ... and they were also experimenting on changing metals into gold can not remember what one though it might have been mercury or lead and they actually did change it into gold it took a couple days to do it and was a very expensive process. The scientist did say the process cost alot more then the amount of gold they could produce so not sure if someone else could be doing it on a larger scale or not but very possible i would say.
    Yes, I've seen that too, and it made sense to me.

What's not known (at least not publicly) is whether they can transmute base metals to gold for less cost and in greater quantity than mining it.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

HORIZONS (8th July 2013), kanishk (12th July 2013), MadMax1 (8th July 2013), RunningDeer (8th July 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Who in their right minds think a gold backed currency, or any other currency is the answer here.

And that still does not explain what happens to the quadrillion in toxic derivatives. Or are we expected to pay that off for the next few centuries?

I really hope people come to the realization that no amount of tweaking will fix this mess. The system itself is broken. No, it is not broken. It was always inevitable. Open-ended growth is unsustainable, not to mention insane.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (8th July 2013), Fred Steeves (11th July 2013), GreenGuy (14th December 2013), HORIZONS (8th July 2013), lakewatcher (8th July 2013), Lefty Dave (8th July 2013), norman (8th July 2013), seko (11th July 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Lots of talk about a global reset on the web. This would be one way in which to initiate change towards a NWO world banking system. Check out http://globalresetsociety.com/ For news on this idea.

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HORIZONS (here)
    Lots of talk about a global reset on the web. This would be one way in which to initiate change towards a NWO world banking system. Check out http://globalresetsociety.com/ For news on this idea.
    Global "reset" is the whole idea. That's the big shebang, the "END GAME"(©AlexJones)
    Last edited by norman; 8th July 2013 at 00:22.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

27. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

HORIZONS (8th July 2013)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Everything seems to tie into the NWO agenda, and seems to be ramping up as we speak.

Quote New World Order DHS Insider Warns: “It’s Already Begun. You’re Seeing It Now.”
    Doug Hagmann
    In December of 2012 we published a report from the Northeast Intelligence Network detailing a possible set of scenarios and timelines. In the report, Doug Hagmann interviewed an anonymous DHS Insider with information that was absolutely mind blowing.
    The Insider claimed that in the Spring of 2013 life for the average American would begin to change significantly. He advised that these changes would be revealed after a large collapse in the price of precious metals, which like other financialinstruments, were being manipulated by the powers that be. The claims were dismissed by many as ridiculous, with suggestions that the “anonymous source” must be a fake if he won’t even reveal his name.
    Given the blowback anonymous sources in recent years have experienced – Bradley Manning, Juliane Assange, and now Edward Snowden to name a few – is there any question as to why any Insider leaking information would want to remain anonymous?
    That aside, consider not who the Insider is, but rather, the validity to the claims made in December and beyond.
    The price of precious metals has collapsed over 25% in the last 6 months, and just hours after we ran a follow-up report on April 15, 2013, stock markets began to tumble. To add to the intrigue, over the last several weeks Americans have been made privy to the inner workings of a government hell-bent on monitoring and controlling every last activity and digital interaction of a once free public.
    Life for Americans, by all accounts, is changing rapidly.
    http://globalresetsociety.com/?page_id=3564

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HORIZONS (here)

,,,,,,,,, To add to the intrigue, over the last several weeks Americans have been made privy to the inner workings of a government hell-bent on monitoring and controlling every last activity and digital interaction of a once free public.,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    funny that, innit ?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

thunder24 (8th July 2013)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

So has anyone else who's been paying attention. There is no metals shortage, no element shortage. It's all just a game.

The technology is not all that complex.

Originally I doubted Dr. Joe Champion, but his 'end results' in his recent attempts, even as stories, they jibe with other methods and ways.

All one has to do is read places that report cutting edge physics. read all the news stories on such and it will become clear.

each Month it becomes more and more clear. Every news story makes it more clear.

For example, here's another.

http://phys.org/news/2013-07-hybrid-...cs.html#ajTabs

or...

http://phys.org/news/2013-07-superco...henomenon.html

Or one that proves that brown's gas really IS an arrangement of water that is different than the norm. Among all the other articles that prove that brown's gas is real and everything that is written about it's capabilities is real.;

http://phys.org/news/2013-07-electron.html

Making gold is a gentle walk in the park. There is no gold supply issue.

But there is a fascist and imperialist group loosing control issue. Which is why the fear mongering is reaching fever pitch.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DarMar (14th December 2013), Ernie Nemeth (11th July 2013), fifi (10th July 2013), HORIZONS (8th July 2013), lakewatcher (8th July 2013), Prodigal Son (11th July 2013), seko (11th July 2013), thunder24 (8th July 2013), ulli (8th July 2013)

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

No one has any margins left at the current spot.

After updating their precious metals' company cost curve, Citi's ominous warning that, "a combination of rising unit costs (15% yoy), sustained high capital budgets and a falling gold price have resulted in a fast contraction in margins - so much that no gold company under our coverage will generate Free Cash Flow at spot gold."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...nt-gold-prices

So, considering the other confluences occurring at this time, what is the real story behind destroying the gold price down to where no miners or gold companies can make any money, while the supply of above ground gold, whose estimates are more than likely misrepresented, is hoarded all around the world?

I'm trying to wrap my head around all this. If you consider the possibility that most of the gold has been moved off planet, and the whole gold story is potentially a scam, and there really is not that much gold on the planet anymore, how does the elite use this for their agenda?

If there is more physical above ground gold than any of us could imagine, and most of it is in the hands of the 1%, how does this fit into the elite agenda?
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th July 2013), HORIZONS (8th July 2013), kanishk (12th July 2013)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

You are being gamed.

I could prove my statements, but in the act of doing so, I'd be stepping *hard* on the balls of a $100 trillion machine/group. I might not make it through the week.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Actually, I have proven my statements on this forum. Over and over again. Apparently very few know ho to listen.

And when someone listens, all I get from it, is a visit -- from the people who were listening.

**** me.
    Last edited by Carmody; 8th July 2013 at 01:04.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DarMar (14th December 2013), Ernie Nemeth (11th July 2013), JRS (11th July 2013), thunder24 (8th July 2013), ulli (8th July 2013)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

Making gold is a gentle walk in the park. There is no gold supply issue.

But there is a fascist and imperialist group loosing control issue. Which is why the fear mongering is reaching fever pitch.
    yer no, Carmody, I love it when you go political

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast