+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The truth is going to blow your mind. You want the truth?

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Default Re: The truth is going to blow your mind. You want the truth?

The flip side of "I want the truth"/"you can't handle the truth" is something like:

We live in a world with walls...you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall (or people die)

The shock will come if enough people stop believing the colonel, and the only people that need fear it are the types like him (top of the pyramid and their enforcers) and those he describes (unfortunately those are the overwhelming majority for the time being), who see the rest of humanity as seperate from themselves and to be feared...
    Last edited by donk; 10th July 2013 at 14:10.

2. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Another1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 times in 258 posts

~ heads could explode
    Some people could find this video clip offensive and might not want small children to see this.

Here's final scene from 'They Live' as the mind altering transmissions get turned off and humans are able to see.

The flip side of this would be fun. A moment comes when people can see and feel the light within so many of you and their own begins sparking with remembrance.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Another1 For This Post:

donk (10th July 2013), jagman (10th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (12th July 2013)

4. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

In case anyone hasn’t seen one of the greatest scenes in films history (and therefore may be confused about my post), here it is:

Jessup goes: “you have the luxury of not knowing what I know….[it] probably saved lives”.

His righteous rant at the end pretty much sums everything pretty well, I can’t think it could be said any better…

5. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

what would blow one persons mind would be old news to many of us......my friends all think I am insane, and unfortunately now my kids are in the same position....being younger they talk about the things my husband and I believe to be true, they research for themselves too but they talk about it and don't care who they are talking to (where as my husband and I have learned there are many things you just can't say to many people).....they get told they are crazy etc. Its very frustrating for them to see people who have not done one moments research to laugh and treat them so condescendingly as if they know it all....they are just sheeple lead by the main stream media yet they act superiorlly intelligent!

So I can't really think of anything that would actually blow my mind as I feel there is so much already that is mind blowing and i believe much of it is true!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Another1 (11th July 2013), apokalypse (12th July 2013), Reinhard (13th July 2013)

7. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Another1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 times in 258 posts

Quote Posted by donk (here)

Jessup goes: “you have the luxury of not knowing what I know….[it] probably saved lives”.

His righteous rant at the end pretty much sums everything pretty well, I can’t think it could be said any better…
    The movie blurred 2 issues I think. I believe that Jessup is correct. As long as the world is as it is we need men/women who can stand their ground, who can stand on that wall and hold off the bad guys. I don't think anyone argued against that in the movie.

The issue for the court proceedings in the movie was the falsification of records, lying, instigating the murder of another human to keep your treachery a secret. He became a god unto himself and lost sight of what he was hired to defend.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Another1 For This Post:

donk (12th July 2013), Hazel (13th July 2013), Reinhard (13th July 2013)

9. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Dude felt entitled to answers. Jessup let him know he don't owe anyone sh!t, we all should be thanking him for his service.

I agree the movie is total fantasy, that he would never really get anything but lies & squashed. It's nice to take a break from reality and imagine a world where power mad psychopaths get exposed and truth & consequences prevail. You can say I'm a dreamer...

10. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,325 times in 318 posts

Dude felt entitled to answers. Jessup let him know he don't owe anyone sh!t, we all should be thanking him for his service.

I agree the movie is total fantasy, that he would never really get anything but lies & squashed. It's nice to take a break from reality and imagine a world where power mad psychopaths get exposed and truth & consequences prevail. You can say I'm a dreamer...
    ...but you're not the only one....

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix1304 For This Post:

donk (12th July 2013), Hazel (13th July 2013), Reinhard (13th July 2013)

12. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Thank you all for your thoughts (many of which shared).

Peace in your hearts on this beautiful day.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

donk (12th July 2013), Reinhard (13th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (12th July 2013)

14. Link to Post #49
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)
    what would blow one persons mind would be old news to many of us......my friends all think I am insane, and unfortunately now my kids are in the same position....being younger they talk about the things my husband and I believe to be true, they research for themselves too but they talk about it and don't care who they are talking to (where as my husband and I have learned there are many things you just can't say to many people).....they get told they are crazy etc. Its very frustrating for them to see people who have not done one moments research to laugh and treat them so condescendingly as if they know it all....they are just sheeple lead by the main stream media yet they act superiorlly intelligent!

So I can't really think of anything that would actually blow my mind as I feel there is so much already that is mind blowing and i believe much of it is true!
    i can feel what you saying, seeing kids grow up these days just make me pissed me off...i tried to tell parents to teach their kids like what you did but i got ignore. lived in Asian family is damn tough, at young age parents force their kids to learn abc's-123 and paying fees for tutorials to be somebody Doctors-Lawyers...ect. i'm frustrated for 2 years seeing my Cousin study for HSC at year 11-12...Study Study Study is only thing their family know of and now my cousin nothing but a freaking robot. IF i saying anything parents will get pissed off saying i'm crazy or too much Internet got polluted.

i'm trying to get my cousin watch Citizen hearing on Disclosure or Revelation of pyramids but she ignore me and even don't want to hear what i'm saying.

kids these days just lack of critical thinking by questioning...we live in sad world
    Last edited by apokalypse; 12th July 2013 at 13:19.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Violet (13th July 2013)

16. Link to Post #50
    Canada Avalon Member Youniverse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 times in 532 posts

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    You can't handle the truth!

And now my question is: what does it mean? What could be so wicked for us not to be able to handle it?

Is it the existence of aliens? I believe a good deal of people are prepared for that.
    Is it that rulers are robbing their citizens? I think that's a public secret many countries have long learned to live with...or revolt against.
    Is it genetic experiments on human beings? We know about a man called Mengele, so we can go from there.

I mean, what could (with lots of gruesome conspiracy theories already laid out) still be so surprising that we couldn't handle it? And I'm well aware that's thé question everybody's looking to have answered but still.

In my view people today are so seen-it-all that really...What would it take to shock somebody in 2013?
    You ARE the truth. I AM the truth. Then the question becomes, can you handle who you really are? If there is an evil agenda and conspiracy, it would ultimately have to hide the reality of who we really are, because the reality of who we really are cannot be controlled or subjugated. I don't know if it's a question of the global elites not thinking we can handle the truth, more like it is not in their interests to have us know it. Although there may be some element of being a responsible shephard within those at the very top. In my view, even those that conceal the so-called 'great mysteries and knowledge' are just as lost(even more so) as those they subjugate. They are lost because they obviously have not discovered the truth of who they really are either. They have even done everything in their power to make sure as many humans as possible fail to discover who they really are as well. They are totally identified with their egos and thus unconscious in their ways. This is where compassion comes in, since it is really like a disease(a virus or cancer) that has taken over its hosts.
    If we want to be enlightened, we need to lighten up

17. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

In case anyone hasn’t seen one of the greatest scenes in films history (and therefore may be confused about my post), here it is:

Except that there are those that are aware of higher truths than the ones he's aware of, thus making his truths inconsequential to them.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Youniverse For This Post:

Reinhard (13th July 2013)

19. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Anything and everything you or anybeing else has ever thought or dreamnt of, has already happened, or will at some point. We are alive, we are life, as life is us, and life wants to try all variables. I guess the piont is to become wise and evolve

20. The Following User Says Thank You to folotheflo For This Post:

Reinhard (13th July 2013)

21. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)

i can feel what you saying, seeing kids grow up these days just make me pissed me off...i tried to tell parents to teach their kids like what you did but i got ignore. lived in Asian family is damn tough, at young age parents force their kids to learn abc's-123 and paying fees for tutorials to be somebody Doctors-Lawyers...ect. i'm frustrated for 2 years seeing my Cousin study for HSC at year 11-12...Study Study Study is only thing their family know of and now my cousin nothing but a freaking robot. IF i saying anything parents will get pissed off saying i'm crazy or too much Internet got polluted.

i'm trying to get my cousin watch Citizen hearing on Disclosure or Revelation of pyramids but she ignore me and even don't want to hear what i'm saying.

kids these days just lack of critical thinking by questioning...we live in sad world
    Thanks for sharing this viewpoint apokalypse. You know, it strange, but (I think worldwide) Asians are exactly respected for their "diligence" in study. Everybody has this image of "that bright Asian dude". If it's something that not only earns you so much scientific advances but also worldwide respect, isn't it something that in the end you should be somewhat grateful for to your parents?

There are continents on the planet where children's parents can't school them or simply don't care and this very visibly shows in the country's worldwide position in terms of science, technology and foremost: economy.

On the other hand I do agree that space should be left for a child to be a child. Playing is also learning. Playing too much is dumbing down, but that's my opinion.

22. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Youniverse (here)

And now my question is: what does it mean? What could be so wicked for us not to be able to handle it?

Is it the existence of aliens? I believe a good deal of people are prepared for that.
    Is it that rulers are robbing their citizens? I think that's a public secret many countries have long learned to live with...or revolt against.
    Is it genetic experiments on human beings? We know about a man called Mengele, so we can go from there.

I mean, what could (with lots of gruesome conspiracy theories already laid out) still be so surprising that we couldn't handle it? And I'm well aware that's thé question everybody's looking to have answered but still.

In my view people today are so seen-it-all that really...What would it take to shock somebody in 2013?
    You ARE the truth. I AM the truth. Then the question becomes, can you handle who you really are? If there is an evil agenda and conspiracy, it would ultimately have to hide the reality of who we really are, because the reality of who we really are cannot be controlled or subjugated. I don't know if it's a question of the global elites not thinking we can handle the truth, more like it is not in their interests to have us know it. Although there may be some element of being a responsible shephard within those at the very top. In my view, even those that conceal the so-called 'great mysteries and knowledge' are just as lost(even more so) as those they subjugate. They are lost because they obviously have not discovered the truth of who they really are either. They have even done everything in their power to make sure as many humans as possible fail to discover who they really are as well. They are totally identified with their egos and thus unconscious in their ways. This is where compassion comes in, since it is really like a disease(a virus or cancer) that has taken over its hosts.
    Do you ever get that feeling that you are not real? That you're just standing next to yourself and watching your body doing all these things that must be very real I guess but to you they feel like light years away.

I wonder what it's like to feel like a real truth...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Hazel (13th July 2013)

24. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,799 times in 666 posts

Quote "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Sir Winston Churchill
    Many people, imho, prefer not to know !
    Last edited by Taurean; 13th July 2013 at 14:35.
    Sapere aude

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

Youniverse (13th July 2013)

26. Link to Post #56
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

Thanks for sharing this viewpoint apokalypse. You know, it strange, but (I think worldwide) Asians are exactly respected for their "diligence" in study. Everybody has this image of "that bright Asian dude". If it's something that not only earns you so much scientific advances but also worldwide respect, isn't it something that in the end you should be somewhat grateful for to your parents?

There are continents on the planet where children's parents can't school them or simply don't care and this very visibly shows in the country's worldwide position in terms of science, technology and foremost: economy.

On the other hand I do agree that space should be left for a child to be a child. Playing is also learning. Playing too much is dumbing down, but that's my opinion.
    i'm having more of problem with Education systems and the programs kids going to which we in here the Alternative have said for years...focusing on study inside the paradigm to keep the system keep going?

why kids need to study hard that controllers is trying to potrait or society should be? study hard is not a problem but the problem is kids doesn't have critical thinking by questioning and reject the ideas/answers against the paradigm. the root of the problem is education system...

27. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member write4change's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,634 times in 628 posts

the more I know the more I know what I don't know. the more I read this site, the less sure of there being any truth I am. the more I understand perception, the more I doubt even my own so called truths. I have become less inclined to teach anything although I have been a seeker and teacher all my life.
    Beware the axis of sanctimony.

28. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Youniverse (here)

Do you ever get that feeling that you are not real? That you're just standing next to yourself and watching your body doing all these things that must be very real I guess but to you they feel like light years away.

I wonder what it's like to feel like a real truth...
    Yes. Once in a while I look down at my hand or body and see it as something foreign to me, artificial. The same goes for thoughts, emotions, words, and actions, at certain times. Of course, I know there is a purpose for these manifestations and so I still honour them. The only REAL part of you is the real YOU. And it is not actually a PART of you, rather, it is all of you. This is consciousness itself. The rest are simply ephemeral forms. As actors that put on different costumes and make-up for their roles. What we typically call our lives are really just a bundle of roles that we play. We are not our roles. We cannot be something that we have. Just as we have a body(physical body), but we are not a body. We are the one that has a body. We don't have a life, we ARE life itself, and so we cannot lose something we are.

29. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Quote Posted by write4change (here)
    the more I know the more I know what I don't know. the more I read this site, the less sure of there being any truth I am. the more I understand perception, the more I doubt even my own so called truths. I have become less inclined to teach anything although I have been a seeker and teacher all my life.
    That's good! That's useful in your spiritual progress. As Niszagardatta and many others have suggested, once you go through the process of understanding what you are not, all that is left is what you are. We are nothing, yet the word "nothing" has been misleading and really misrepresents what we are. You can break the word into NO THING and this more accurately represents what you are, consciousness itself. Yet, you have a body and it is a thing. Look at the way Buddha is represented (forgive me I forget which country, it may have been China) with two characters. One character means "no." The other character means "man." One may interpret this as meaning "no man," but this would be innaccurate in my opinion. It means he is both. Two realities in one. It means formless consciousness expressing itself in form. The only difference with Buddha is that he is completely aware of this fact where countless others identified primarily with the form part.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Youniverse For This Post:

write4change (13th July 2013)

31. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

What if the truth is about what our bodies really are? What if Avatar is closer to the truth than we've been allowed to know? What if we're all here test driving these bodies like a test pilot would a prototype aircraft, taking them to their limits? Since genetics is such a prized commodity in the Universe, wouldn't it be reasonable to say that that's what we're all doing right now? What if Earth was the chosen grounds for this; hence the quarantine...? It probably wasn't enough to design a meat suit or clone because there's no challenge with them. What if giving these bodies consciousness is the latest thing in physical bodies; and the Universal communities are watching all the stretching, pushing, poking, prodding through all the abuses, wars, famine, diseases, etc before they put an order in for one themselves?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Youniverse (13th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast