+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Is USA a better place to live in?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,571 times in 5,713 posts

Default Re: Is USA a better place to live in?

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    Heh, in the other forum before avalon, all I used to post was stuff similar to 'ski's...it reminds me of the scenes in the Doors where the Jim Morrison (I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!) would scream at the crowd: SLAVES! SLAVES! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF SLAVES!!

Once I stopped letting the truth that our entire way of life is "valuing" slavery (Trent Reznor is another good one "I have found, you can find, happiness in slavery...) and started appreciating the ways (mostly internal) that you can truly live outside of the mental slave part, life got a lot better.

Easy for Trent Reznor though - he's sitting on a pile of cash. Effortless to wax philosophical when you're essentially operating outside the system. For the record though, I am a fan

I'm not too terribly worked up about it Donk, cuz for the most part I've operated outside the system myself, by working for myself etc...But for those that are entrenched, with obligations to family and so on, with no way out...achieving that buddhahood you describe ain't easy.
    Last edited by Mike; 10th July 2013 at 18:15.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

carnavas (14th July 2013), donk (10th July 2013), Flash (11th July 2013), RUSirius (11th July 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

I think it was johnf that said it somewheres, it's not easy but it is simple.

What you got better to do than try?

Being "awake" in American can be soul-crushing if you let it be. The cognitive dissonance required to get outa bed to put in your time at the cracker factory (or whatever it is you were taught or learned to live for) while pay attention to the created reality we share can be maddening if you're not careful

I'd love to try living in another country.... Home is: I am
    Last edited by donk; 10th July 2013 at 21:15.

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 times in 309 posts

Quote Posted by carnavas (here)
    İ really want to know your opinion
    I'm currently living peacefully in Iran.İt's been 13 years that my family has applied for usa.now they have responded and granted us visa and greed card but the question remains...is usa really a better place with better economical opportunities and freedom or this is all just lies and İran has better quality of life and environment? What do you think if İ reject my visa? Am İ doomed with this visa or saved?:S
    Thank you all

Greed card...hahahahahahaha.... I appologise I know english is not your first language... but thats kinda funny. ...
    Anyhow, in all honesty, I will not even travel through the USA right now, I avoid it everychance I get when traveling due to TSA at airports and The NDAA....
    When living in a country with free thought, you'll find many do not feel the need to think.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DouglasDanger For This Post:

carnavas (14th July 2013), Flash (11th July 2013), Holly Lindin (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), Wind (11th July 2013)

6. Link to Post #24
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

this is one of the thing i have said in my thread, why you have to move to developed country? if people wake up and fight for it then they run the country that suppose to be then they will have better life and about the quality of life. have Revolution stop being a sheep depended on someone to run over you...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

carnavas (14th July 2013)

8. Link to Post #25
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 times in 713 posts

If you count the pros and cons responses, the answer is overwhelmingly no. There is really not much to think about, I bet that many responses were understatements so as not to influence your decision. Here is one recent impression the US makes to the world: (It is the sad story of a dog trying to protect his master from police brutality but failed)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CXL_ooLbjU0

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

carnavas (14th July 2013), Flash (11th July 2013)

10. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

I'm currently living peacefully in Iran.İt's been 13 years that my family has applied for usa.now they have responded and granted us visa and greed card but the question remains...is usa really a better place with better economical opportunities and freedom or this is all just lies and İran has better quality of life and environment? What do you think if İ reject my visa? Am İ doomed with this visa or saved?:S
    Thank you all
    Hi Carnavas
    I would love to try to give you an answer but it is close to impossible without a bit of perspective about you. Have you lived in Iran all of your life? If you have lived in other countries or parts of the middle east where? I am just wondering what you have to compare it to.

As you might be aware the west's view of Iran is that is a Theocracy that is ruled by Ayatollah Khamenei as the supreme leader. He has constitutional authority or substantial influence over the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government as well as the military and media. The western media leads us to believe that under Khamenei the country is intolerant of different religions and political views, intolerant of homosexuals and there is less opportunity for women. If this is true that would certainly influence advice you might receive.

It was reported in the Western media and the middle east papers that 61 people have been executed in Iran since the recent election on June 14, 2013. If this is a fact it would give pause to living in such a country. The media claims that the executions were held in Ahvaz, Shahrekord and Karaj and were done in the full view of the public. Apparently these people were political activist that claimed the election was a sham due to the fact that there were no moderates running. Even though Hasan Rouhani is being called a moderate from where I sit he seems fairly radical and not what I would consider moderate. Can you tell us if this is true and it certainly would influence my advice.

I am not trying to put down Iran just trying to get an honest picture of what it is like to live in the country today. I have been in Iran on many occasions, but it has been many years, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there but did not feel that I had much in the way of personal freedoms. I have gotten back to Saudi, Oman, and Bahrain many times since but have not been back to Iran. A good friend of mine just returned after a 21 day visit and she said most people were preparing for war and the country was in a bit of turmoil. She also she spent 5 days in Tehran and said the city was exceptionally congested and the air quality was horrific.

She did bring me back what I consider the best pistachios on the planet.

I have more questions but I am curious to hear what you have to say about today's Iran.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

carnavas (14th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), RMorgan (11th July 2013)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

My opinion, if you do not go back to dark age religious dogma to control your country and if Israel leaves you alone, Iran is a beautiful country. Quite developped too. If you have sisters, bring them to Canada, best place in the world for women development. In case of war, anwhere else would be better, but maybe not the USA because they would be involved in a war against your country. But God only knows, you make your best out of this situation.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

carnavas (14th July 2013), Mark (11th August 2013), RUSirius (11th July 2013)

14. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member RUSirius's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 times in 507 posts

There does not seem to be the need for anymore advice on this thread, if you cant formulate "your" answer from that advice, well then you definitely should not move. I've been out of the states going on three years now, however born and raised for 97% of my life there. I'm moving back soon, not because things are not nice here, or I really want to leave, but its what has to be done. I'm not to nervous about moving back because these are the currents I know to swim, I also know as so accurately stated before, living in the states gives you 10,000 plus choices to have a unique experience, from state to state our english language can morph as well. Im from Connecticut, all of New England, New York and New Jersey, all neighboring states with a lot of history together all have different "accents" for the lack of a better word. Sometimes I cant really understand what my friend from Oklahoma says, and I've got a fairly good ear. If you know where to go, through experience and travel the options can be overwhelming, research alone can be misleading if thats your only resource on deciding where to move to. My advice however, stay in Iran.
    Last edited by RUSirius; 11th July 2013 at 02:55.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

carnavas (14th July 2013), donk (12th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), RMorgan (11th July 2013)

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,246 posts

I have a friend from Iran. He says its much better here, in Canada, than there, in Iran, although lately he really hates Vancouver and wants to move to a small town where people are more human than in the city. I don't know about the US. Its similar in many ways to Canada but the US government is highly corrupt as is the government of Iran.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

carnavas (14th July 2013), RUSirius (11th July 2013)

18. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

I would live in switzerland, or scotland, or south america, anywhere but the U.S. We are headed for a brutal civil war ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

20. Link to Post #31
    Hungary Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 times in 236 posts

Wow what a fantastic discussion! I was also asking myself this question many times. Should i live in the land of the free, having the American dream. One thing for sure, all the Americans i ever met were the friendliest and open people, with a strong sense of good will. They have so much life energy in them! And if you look carefully you will find your buddies and best friends in short time!
    The only setback for me was actually figuring out that this land of the free has becoming slowly its worst nightmare for its own citizens.
    There are so many negative things going around with the involvement of secret governments and agencies, unconstitutional laws. Watching videos of Ron Paul, Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura can give you a sense of what is really going on beyond the major news scenery. I read many Americans are moving to Mexico south America, Peru,Brazil, Ecuador to escape catastrophe for the Northern Hemisphere related to post 2012 earth changes.
    There are some strange things happening, and i am not sure USA is where i would want to be! If this is the end of the world as we know, i would like to be next to my family hugging them strongly and going thru it together.

21. Link to Post #32
    Japan Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 times in 339 posts

It is a personal decision. My 5 cents, we need more "woke souls" in the U.S now than ever before, my believe is if we fix the U.S (making a REAL fair and free country) half of our problems in the world are solved as well. It's easy to turn a back now for the U.S when it is in the down path (Economic, Moral) but who really admire the country (I do because I have lived there before)
    it`s pay back time. Americans should go back to the Founding Fathers idea and rebuilt America from the scratch and for all. That 's perhaps our biggest challenge in the world today. I am an optimist which believe in an America 2.0 (without wars, hiding agendas, NSAs and leading by example , not by fear)
    Last edited by Azt; 11th July 2013 at 08:48.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Azt For This Post:

carnavas (14th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), Peace&Love (11th July 2013), RUSirius (11th July 2013), Wind (11th July 2013)

23. Link to Post #33
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

My figuring is that the USA is a big place, with lots of variety. The day may come when those in other nations are seeing reports every day in the news of US cities burning, riots, mass arrests, famine, whatever ... but even then many of us, in many places here, will be doing OK, adapting, helping our fellow countrymen, ... Perhaps a country such as Monaco or Nauru can all "go to hell" at once, but large countries, such as the US, Russia or China, are more complex than that, even in the best of times, and the worst.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 11th July 2013 at 06:44.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

161803398 (11th July 2013), carnavas (14th July 2013), Mark (11th August 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), risveglio (11th July 2013), RMorgan (11th July 2013), RUSirius (11th July 2013), ulli (11th July 2013), Wind (11th July 2013), write4change (11th July 2013)

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,246 posts

It took the Roman Empire over a thousand years to fall completely.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

27. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

The US is a great place to get a university education. I would highly recommend it. Come over, take out every possible student loan, finish your degree, and then return. Don't repay the loans :~).
    You would have four years to change your mind. If you want to stay don't get caught in the cogs of the big gears.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Potter For This Post:

29. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Retired Member Fred Ryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Remember, this forum tends to be anti-American so I think you're asking your question In the wrong place. I suggest you find Iranian-American forums where you can make contact with other Iranians who have already made the transition.

There's an extensive network of Iranians all over America who will be willing to help you. Will it be easy, no. Can you succeed and prosper, millions of other Iranians have. So, by all means, come. You are more then wecome.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Ryan For This Post:

carnavas (14th July 2013), MorningSong (14th July 2013)

31. Link to Post #37
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

Each person with their vision.
    In my opinion this forum is not anti-American.
    Rather, this forum is not anti-any country specifically.
    I believe that this forum tries to be anti-lies.

32. Link to Post #38
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Thank you all
    I don't know much about Iran but I would think one good question is if you are male or female? And if you are female, are you Muslim? It appears female Muslim's have a lot more freedom in America, but that is assuming that it is true that Iranian woman can be stoned in Iran for just looking at a guy the wrong way.

33. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks for all your answers. I will take to heart all your advice,hopefully I will come to a good decision with knowing my own background.
    I'm a non-religious girl adapted to the hardships of Iran. to be true, here is a little hard by all the religious dogmas surrounding and a corrupted government showing its presence every where, I can't even reach youtube here and for example TV is not tolerable to watch as it is full of war and misery kinda things, and other hardships BUT its not all that bad! I have my peace of mind and a lot of loving people around and some hearts to home inside! I can peacefully have a life away from the materialistic worshiping of some in the west and so on. the air may be polluted but at least there is no war of GMO foods around! I do find usa and Iran the 2 sides of the same coin, but is the GMO foods, chemtrails over people, NSA controls, big industries of medical care, cancer causing vaccines, big cover ups and big lies and many other worth the better "hoping" future my parent fore see?what is this special thing about it that I fail to see? I mean,at least in Iran the corruption is as plain as light and a lot can see and feel it but in usa everything is done in the dark and so many can not see and its really a big illusion game that is hard to withstand. about the executions, I personally haven't heard as I didn't research but I will ask, I don't think it was for president election as it went quiet peaceful with people coming to the street to celebrate the end of ahmadi and the winning of rohani, I better search around! oh and my relatives are in LA so that is where I'll be going
    Last edited by carnavas; 14th July 2013 at 12:43.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carnavas For This Post:

Mark (11th August 2013), MorningSong (14th July 2013), risveglio (14th July 2013), RUSirius (16th July 2013)

35. Link to Post #40
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Where does your heart live?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

RUSirius (16th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast