+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Default Re: George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty

We still haven't gotten past the color of a human beings skin ... sad , judge me not by the color of my skin but, by the content of my character ... If both men were from south america , this trial would have never been in the mainstream ... more than 800 soldiers were killed in afganistan last month, not a peep about it ... I would have said, hey I'm the security guy for the neighborhood, what are you doing walking around in the dark in the rain ??? oh I'm coming back from the quickstop needed some fruit juice, ohhhh okay, we've had alot of break ins , I don't know you so I had to ask, come on since it's raining I'll give you a ride back to your house , thanks man , my brothers waiting on me, he needed some skittles, we having an all night video game quest ... cool , hope you win , here we are, see ya ... thanks man...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Another1 (14th July 2013), Gardener (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), jagman (14th July 2013), Kindling (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), spiritguide (14th July 2013), T Smith (14th July 2013), yiolas (14th July 2013)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 391 posts

When I was a teenager in Dallas circa 1966 my friends & I did a lot of treepassing ..We would explore vacant buildings & estates.There was a very old 4 story LARGE vacant hospital

east of downtown called St.Pauls Hospital that we went into several times at night . One night we were caught by a night watchman climbing out of
    the hospital's window as we were finishing up exploring.There were about 6 of us & we basically apoligized our way out of the situation & the watchman let us go.
    We said we would never go in there again,etc...& we never went back there again.
    What I would never have done is attack the person who had caught me tresspassing.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marlowe For This Post:

Alan (14th July 2013), Another1 (14th July 2013), Coaxial (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), NancyV (14th July 2013), novus (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Snookie (15th July 2013), T Smith (14th July 2013), ThePythonicCow (14th July 2013)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,851 times in 21,553 posts

Quote Posted by marlowe (here)
    What I would never have done is attack the person who had caught me tresspassing.
    Good idea .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013)

7. Link to Post #64
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    oh I'm coming back from the quickstop needed some fruit juice
    If Trayvon Martin had responded like that, rather than how he did, he'd still be alive.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alan (14th July 2013), Another1 (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), NancyV (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,485 times in 2,851 posts

It is all about the "commonality of interest".

Don't believe the hype. Don't continue to play into the illusion in any way, shape or form. Reject racial membership while honoring the genetic bequeathment of your ancestry. Honor those Ancestors that deserve honoring, reconcile but reject those of a negative orientation that continue to influence at the level of cellular memory.

There is no such thing as the black race. No such thing as the white race, the yellow race, the red race. Not at the collective level of oceanic humanity as a genetic family. These categories and the variations in between were deliberately created at specific points in time in order to divide and conquer.

Any time these categories are vocalized, watch out and employ your discernment. Now, as triggers are being pulled, this is more important than ever.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

aranuk (14th July 2013), Belle (21st July 2013), Blacklight43 (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), Kindling (14th July 2013), northstar (21st July 2013), sdv (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Snookie (15th July 2013), spiritguide (14th July 2013), T Smith (16th July 2013), ThePythonicCow (14th July 2013), thunder24 (14th July 2013), Vrilya (15th July 2013)

11. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Member Another1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 times in 258 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    If Trayvon Martin had responded like that, rather than how he did, he'd still be alive.

That's the kind of response that can defuse a situation real quick.
    It works on cops too btw.

12. Link to Post #67
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I would suggest that a thread focused on "What can we do to reduce the risk of riot from this?" should be a separate thread. This current thread is clearly focused on the specifics of the killing and trial.

Perhaps I will find time tonight to start such a thread, or perhaps someone else will be so inspired first.
    I have started such a thread: What can we do to reduce the risk of riot from the Zimmerman-Martin case?.

I welcome some help from others on this thread. All I could really do was phrase the question.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

aranuk (14th July 2013), Bill Ryan (14th July 2013), christian (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), risveglio (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Soda (14th July 2013), sumkat (14th July 2013), Vrilya (15th July 2013)

14. Link to Post #68
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I don't understand all the media hype about this Zimmerman-Trayvon case. Really.

In my mind, this is nothing but a psy-op.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xeon For This Post:

Ron Mauer Sr (14th July 2013), Snookie (15th July 2013), Vrilya (15th July 2013)

16. Link to Post #69
    Australia Avalon Member MadMax1's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree 100% wit you xeon the media has whipped this up so much now that even the people on this forum have become involved in talking about race, i can not believe how well a job the media and politics has done to pollute everyones minds. Lots of accusations going around from people who obviously have no knowledge of the law in Florida. I am no expert either but as i seen it described by a lawyer they went about charging him the wrong way pushed by politics and it backfired on them i will not say one way or the other if it is justified or not simply because i refuse to drag myself down into the mess that has followed this not guilty verdict.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MadMax1 For This Post:

Kryztian (14th July 2013)

18. Link to Post #70
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

This incident 'escalated' because both individuals had/have aggressive human traits within their personalities. Both found themselves in this situation because of the other and their instincts kicked in. There is a much wider scope to why this ended in a death and there are some good papers on human aggression and the potential reasons why people react in the manner that they do.

The youngster felt justified in initiating an attack, Zimmerman felt justified in carrying a weapon. Both, and I can only speculate here, felt the other was the aggressor and reacted accordingly.

Justice is a whole different subject, but sticking to the behaviour element of this discussion, both of these people were attracting or looking for aggression purely by their actions. Unfortunately they met each other..

I'm no expert, however I've attended many violent/aggressive situations in the past and the majority I'd say were 'triggered' by behaviours and, unfortunately, preconceived perceptions.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mcat911 For This Post:

Justintime (14th July 2013)

20. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by xeon (here)
    I don't understand all the media hype about this Zimmerman-Trayvon case. Really.

I agree. Timed very well alongside food stamp cuts.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Soda For This Post:

Snookie (15th July 2013)

22. Link to Post #72
    United States Avalon Member Siegfried The 7's Avatar
    Thanks

Idk if someone kept following me around in the dark idk if i would want to stop and talk with them. Especially if they aren't announcing who they are and they are not the police. They could be a serial killer, psycho, mentally ill who knows. But because African-Americans have a criminal stereotype surrounding them and cant be judge as individuals, they have to be seen collectively as "them". They have to constantly reassure others that they are not dangerous or that they are not doing something suspicious. So one of "them" paid with his life for the crimes of others. I read many statements about this young man's past and troubles as if young men at that age have never participated in some type of delinquency or that it is only specific to one race. Seemingly, used to justify why the loss of his life should mean nothing.

On the other hand, maybe it would've been best to call the police while walking to someplace safe. Again, idk if i would've thought about all that in the heat of the moment. If he did attack Zimmerman than George had every right to defend himself, but did he do it because he was just the stereotypical aggressive black male? or was it because he was being followed by someone who decided to remain unannounced and felt he meant to harm him? Idk

I agree this receives spotlight to boil emotions and cause division, but I also believe that Americans need to solve their issues with race because it continues to be a vulnerable point, easily struck, that always causes troubles amongst people. I feel most of issues involving race come from people not understanding the culture of those different from their own. People live in their own bubbles and make judgements of others based on their own social perspectives. It is impossible to make assessments of others with no understanding of the social perspective they come from. This pertains to Asians, Arabs, African-Americans, Indians, etc. No, it doesn't mean excuse others of wrong doing, feel sorry for them, or give them anything....just simply try to understand that there are people who live in bubbles that may be different than yours. Some of those bubbles have different "layouts" than yours and may make people see things differently than you. I realize some people just don't care to make effort in understanding each other(which is crazy to me when you live in a multiracial society), but how will we ever get anything done with this constant thorn in our sides as human beings? We cant just close our eyes or cover our ears and its just going to go away. We all live here together and the sooner we can respect each other and get pass why we are different and how, the sooner we can unite and make progress.
    Last edited by Siegfried The 7; 14th July 2013 at 13:05.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Siegfried The 7 For This Post:

Justintime (14th July 2013), mcat911 (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Snookie (15th July 2013)

24. Link to Post #73
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by Weezer (here)

If not psy-ops, politics. There never should have even been a trial but how perfect was it for politicians. A legal gun, a confrontation between a Hispanic with a "white" name and a black boy. No way they could have let this one go to waste.

25. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,418 times in 1,676 posts

Quote Posted by risveglio (here)
    Quote Posted by Weezer (here)

If not psy-ops, politics. There never should have even been a trial but how perfect was it for politicians. A legal gun, a confrontation between a Hispanic with a "white" name and a black boy. No way they could have let this one go to waste.
    Yup. And what concerns me is not the organic rioting that may ensue (which still may happen and which they are waiting patiently on), but the perfect opportunity to launch a false-flag civil disruption of sorts, should the verdict not evoke the desired response.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

GCS1103 (14th July 2013), jagman (14th July 2013), risveglio (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Snookie (15th July 2013)

27. Link to Post #75
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Want more proof this is just politics, look up the Nkosi Thandiwe trial and ask why we never heard of it.

28. Link to Post #76
    United States Avalon Member GCS1103's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 times in 585 posts

Want more proof this is just politics, look up the Nkosi Thandiwe trial and ask why we never heard of it.
    Thanks for your post. I just read about the Nkosi Thandiwe trial, and you're right, I never heard of it. The media is completely responsible for cherry-picking what they want us to focus on. The more divisive the story, the more they'll cover it. Their objective is meant to inflame us and divert our attention away from some very serious events taking place. I'm not minimizing the loss of life in this case, but it did not deserve round the clock coverage while our liberties are quietly being taken from us. It's the Washington DC/Main Street Media "axis of distraction." The Benghazi, IRS, NSA scandals have disappeared from the front page replaced by the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman spectacle.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Post:

gripreaper (14th July 2013), jagman (14th July 2013), NancyV (14th July 2013), risveglio (14th July 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (15th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Snookie (15th July 2013)

30. Link to Post #77
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GCS1103 (here)
    Thanks for your post. I just read about the Nkosi Thandiwe trial, and you're right, I never heard of it. The media is completely responsible for cherry-picking what they want us to focus on. The more divisive the story, the more they'll cover it. Their objective is meant to inflame us and divert our attention away from some very serious events taking place. I'm not minimizing the loss of life in this case, but it did not deserve round the clock coverage while our liberties are quietly being taken from us. It's the Washington DC/Main Street Media "axis of distraction." The Benghazi, IRS, NSA scandals have disappeared from the front page replaced by the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman spectacle.
    And more politics. It's all politics. I honestly feel that anyone that is seeing race in this is either still under too much pain from the past or is just playing right into the game. At least Travon got a trial against his killers, when will Abdulrahman's killers be tried.

Harry Reid On Meet The Press: "The Justice Department Will Go After Zimmerman"

31. Link to Post #78
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Quote Posted by marlowe (here)
    Good idea .

That's irrelevant. No one was trespassing.

I can only assume this was meant as a metaphor. A poor one at that.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

northstar (21st July 2013), ThePythonicCow (14th July 2013)

33. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

You don't know that.

You've also asked that we not state speculation as fact my friend, and besides this statement, you've continually parroted the theme that Martin was gonna shoot Zimmerman, therefore Zimmerman had no choice etc...You haven't overly stated it as fact, but you might as well...the way you keep using it to back up your point of view.

Does anyone really believe that? Especially if he already had the fight in the bag...why grab the guy's gun and shoot him? If he indeed was going for the gun, he was likely doing it to avoid being shot himself. Its a rational, logical thing to do.

Fights don't happen on their own. They're instigated, sometimes verbally but usually physically. I have an incredibly hard time envisioning a scenario where Zimmerman asked "where ya goin kid?"...followed by a spontaneous tackling and beating by Martin. It had to have been a persistent antagonization.

I don't claim to be a tough guy at all; in fact its probably the opposite. But I've been in lots of fights. A few on the road too. If Martin had been smashing Zimmerman's head off the pavement like he claimed, he woulda been unconscious, or at least pretty delirious when he was talking to the cops afterwards.

It's all a lie in my opinion. Its exactly what I would have said if I were in Zimmerman's position, facing prison etc..

its just an utter nonsense story. Paul, I love ya brother...but whew!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Belle (21st July 2013), northstar (21st July 2013)

35. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)
    You don't know that.
    True - I don't. I should have said something like "he might still be alive."

You've also asked that we not state speculation as fact my friend, and besides this statement, you've continually parroted the theme that Martin was gonna shoot Zimmerman, therefore Zimmerman had no choice etc...You haven't overly stated it as fact, but you might as well...the way you keep using it to back up your point of view.
    I don't know that ... but it's what Zimmerman said, it's consistent with the available physical evidence, and it's consistent with half of the available, conflicting, witness testimony.

The burden of proof in such a case is on the prosecution to prove that the murder was intentional, and not in self defense. They genuinely could not prove that.

Does anyone really believe that? Especially if he already had the fight in the bag...why grab the guy's gun and shoot him? If he indeed was going for the gun, he was likely doing it to avoid being shot himself. Its a rational, logical thing to do.
    I doubt that "rational, logical" thinking has much to do with Trayvon Martin's mental state at that moment. Zimmerman's claim was that Trayvon stated while beating him "you're going to die tonight, motherf**ker."

Fights don't happen on their own. They're instigated, sometimes verbally but usually physically. I have an incredibly hard time envisioning a scenario where Zimmerman asked "where ya goin kid?"...followed by a spontaneous tackling and beating by Martin. It had to have been a persistent antagonization.
    Have you listened yet to the Stefan Molyneux video that has been posted a few times already? Notice the material about a drug cocktail called "LEAN", between the 6:46 and 10:35 marks in the video. When dealing with someone suffering from the brain damage of LEAN, it does not always take persistent antagonization to send them into a murderous attack.

If Martin had been smashing Zimmerman's head off the pavement like he claimed, he woulda been unconscious, or at least pretty delirious when he was talking to the cops afterwards.
    That depends on how strong Zimmerman's neck was, compared to Martin's arms. Zimmerman was not in great shape, but neither was he a pencil neck geek.

It's all a lie in my opinion. Its exactly what I would have said if I were in Zimmerman's position, facing prison etc..
    It's likely what I would have said too, in such a situation, true or not. The other evidence, and the consistency of the evidence with Zimmerman's testimony, are part of what a jury uses to determine the accused is guilty (beyond a reasonable doubt), or not.

its just an utter nonsense story. Paul, I love ya brother...but whew!
    I think you've got this story by the wrong end, Chinaski .

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast