Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 3 9 LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty

1. Link to Post #41
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

Default Re: George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty

The mainstream media selected this case with the full intent to arouse emotion, this case was never about guilt or innocence it was about accomplishing a single task which they did accomplish. The mainstream media used the black community to arouse divisive emotions within the country. The media was nothing but a prostitute in this case.

If anyone thinks the media truly care about Martin or Zimmerman they would be sorely mistaken.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Another1 (14th July 2013), aranuk (14th July 2013), christian (14th July 2013), Gardener (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), Holly Lindin (14th July 2013), jagman (14th July 2013), Kimberley (14th July 2013), MadMax1 (14th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), spiritguide (14th July 2013), Wind (14th July 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Justintime's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Justintime (here)
    Perception is reality. Martin perceived Zimmerman as a threat, therefore he resorted to violence. Just like Zimmerman perceived Martin as a thug.
    Not just perception.

One was keeping on eye on the other.

The other was pounding his head into the concrete, yelling that he was going to die, and reaching for the down man's gun.

One deserves a lethal response; the other doesn't even deserve a physical response.

Those are factual and substantive differences, not just perceptions.
    Pigeonholing me based on my race, age and demeanor and following me around because of it does deserve a physical response, especially if I'm 17, man you must have forgotten what that is like and I think that is the most over looked part of this entire case. George Zimmerman has a fully developed frontal lobe and is able to think rationally, Trayvon Martin does not and therefore can not. And those my friend are factual and substantive differences, not just perceptions. Ha ha ha, facts, you're funny with facts, like there is such a thing.
    Last edited by Justintime; 14th July 2013 at 04:00. Reason: Spelling
    After the First World War there is No Other.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

Kimberley (14th July 2013), Mike (14th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    I'm not going to argue the case with you or succumb to what you've obviously taken on as an emotional outlook in response to the verdict. Why, I'm not sure, but what I am sure of is that this was a travesty of justice and if you can't see why that is so then that speaks to who you are as an individual.
    I am doing my reasonable best to be fair and just, Rahkyt.

If you can only see it as an emotional response, then I can't change your perception.

Sometimes, when a white man (me) defends the "not guilty" verdict of an hispanic man (Zimmerman), in the death of a black man (Martin), the reasons really are fair and just, not racial.

I would encourage you to ask yourself, if the colors of these two men's skin had been reversed, would you have supported a "not guilty" verdict of the black man.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

airaspect (14th July 2013), Alan (14th July 2013), Another1 (14th July 2013), NancyV (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), TargeT (14th July 2013)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member RUSirius's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 times in 507 posts

Quote Posted by christian (here)
    Zimmerman shouldn't have been following Trayvon. Stalking him. Period.
    Zimmerman shouldn't have been stalking him. Trayvon shouldn't have punched him. Zimmerman shouldn't have shot him. The media shouldn't have reported on this as emotionally charged as they did. People shouldn't riot... It's time to break this chain of stupidity. Are we the people just dominos that fall when our knee-jerk reactions are triggered, or can we be steadfast, look at the bigger picture, and do what it takes to thwart the plans of those that want us at each other's throats?
    With your permission, I'll reuse your words with others, what you've said is the point.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

christian (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), jagman (14th July 2013), Justintime (14th July 2013), peterspm (14th July 2013), seko (14th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member peterspm's Avatar
    Thanks

we, as the economy is, are modeled as an electric circuit. in a supercomputer owned by the powers that be. what happens when a tree falls on the top 3 wires (high power) of the poles? the fan goes high, then the power cuts out. then the power comes down the line from the other side, supplies 65 volts to your house, ramps up to 100 volts, the cuts out again. does your tv survive? that's what's going on, data collection. into higher order equations. christian is right, we should all chill.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peterspm For This Post:

Another1 (14th July 2013), aranuk (14th July 2013), christian (14th July 2013), Gardener (14th July 2013), Justintime (14th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), T Smith (16th July 2013)

11. Link to Post #46
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,187 times in 2,965 posts

Zimmerman shouldn't have shot him.
    If it was in self-defense, under the threat of being shot and killed himself if he didn't shoot first, then Zimmerman should have shot, in my book.
    Zimmerman was armed, Trayvon was unarmed. I think people should learn how to defend themselves without having to shoot an unarmed person, especially if you wanna be part of the neighborhood watch. Zimmerman shot him because he was unable to physically overpower a kid. Hence, Zimmerman shouldn't have shot him.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

Holly Lindin (14th July 2013), johnf (14th July 2013), Justintime (14th July 2013), Kimberley (14th July 2013), Kindling (14th July 2013), Mike (14th July 2013), northstar (21st July 2013), RUSirius (14th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), Tesseract (14th July 2013), write4change (14th July 2013)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

I object! The evidence is insufficient to enter on the record as fact, the allegations which are being levied against the defendant!

Objection overruled council, you may proceed...
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

johnf (14th July 2013)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member GCS1103's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 times in 585 posts

I think feelings run very deep on both sides of this case. It obviously has political implications as well as racial issues. We each have our own opinion as to what "justice" means regarding this case, but the jury had the facts presented to them by both sides. During a case like this, there will be times when we, the public, are not privy to what is going on behind closed doors in chambers. The jury was out for only 16 hours; a relatively short time in such a high profile trial. This indicates that it was a fairly easy call for the jury, based on the facts, as presented to them.

Both sides did their best to win this case. The justice system played out and ran it's course. Both sides had their day in court and the jury rendered its verdict based on the evidence presented. Our personal views aside, who better to come up with a verdict than the jury who has been sitting there day in and day out listening to the prosecutors and their witnesses and the defense team and their witnesses?

That's what "voir dire," during jury selection, is all about; to weed out those potential jurors who come to the table with a prejudice towards one side or the other. Since none of these jurors were challenged for "cause" by the prosecution or the defense, both sides agreed that the jurors could be fair and impartial.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Post:

johnf (14th July 2013), NancyV (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), T Smith (16th July 2013), Tesseract (14th July 2013)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member Justintime's Avatar
    Thanks

Zimmerman shouldn't have shot him.
    If it was in self-defense, under the threat of being shot and killed himself if he didn't shoot first, then Zimmerman should have shot, in my book.
    Zimmerman was armed, Trayvon was unarmed. I think people should learn how to defend themselves without having to shoot an unarmed person, especially if you wanna be part of the neighborhood watch. Zimmerman shot him because he was unable to physically overpower a kid. Hence, Zimmerman shouldn't have shot him.
    Thank you, I can move on from this thread now and relax
    After the First World War there is No Other.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

johnf (14th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

I would encourage you to ask yourself, if the colors of these two men's skin had been reversed, would you have supported a "not guilty" verdict of the black man.
    I would not have. I would hold the same perspective that I hold right now.

The reason why that is so is particular to my own particular path in this world and life, as is the case for all others who come to this issue. My perspective and viewpoint is geared toward the greater justice in the Cosmos, not the lesser justice of a criminal justice system that is ponderous and wheeled, grinding toward a remorseless churning that lessens the value of those individuals who are not economically privileged enough to afford themselves of a defense team that can apply the letter of the law to the application of justice as a mirror of greater societal ills.

But that is my indictment of the system as a whole and any interpretation of justice as carried out by this system as being fair. It was set up to never be fair to those within the system who do not possess the privilege of being considered innocent until proven guilty. And I know this from personal experience, not just historical experience.

And I would venture to say that the case as you've posited it would have resulted in a guilty verdict on the part of the black man, were Trayvon the man stalking George. It is a hypothetical, and one that, had it come down to the same particulars as this case, would not have had the same media focus or emotional weight, as the black man would have been arrested immediately, as George Zimmerman was not, as the black man would have been prosecuted immediately, as George Zimmerman was not, and the bringing to bear of the political and cultural apparatus in response would have been institutionally deployed as swift and viciously as it ever has been within these here United States of America.

Just writing it and saying it reveals the hypocrisy there and the utter improbability of that case coming to the same conclusion had the tables been turned. This is the way that justice works in the United States of America and it is not divine justice, it is justice that serves the will of the PTB. It is human justice, it is racial justice.

I'm not swayed by the color of the participants here in any way other than recognizing the trap as it has been set and as many have been portraying it in the white-hot glare of the media spotlight.

I'm concerned about those who have fallen for the okey-doke and who may still pour into the streets, playing directly into the hands of those who want a race-based conflict here in the USA to ignite other sparks that have lain fallow awaiting just such an opportunity to apply the full weight of the surveillance and incarceration state to even larger proportions of the American public.

This was not Justice. This was justice as served by the controllers and interpreting it within the context of their rule of law is supporting that justice and collaborating with the controllers in the suppression of real, human freedom based upon natural and not human laws.

Trayvon should have been free to walk the streets going back to his daddy's house. Period.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Belle (21st July 2013), Holly Lindin (14th July 2013), johnf (14th July 2013), Mike (14th July 2013), northstar (21st July 2013), Ria (14th July 2013), shadowstalker (14th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), Tesseract (14th July 2013)

21. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Zimmerman shot him because he was unable to physically overpower a kid. Hence, Zimmerman shouldn't have shot him.
    Zimmerman (apparently) shot him because he was going to be shot and killed himself if he didn't shoot first.

===

Please ... let's not spread as fact what is possibly, even probably, false, when that might justify great violence in this nation, and martial law in response.

That's the reason I have been engaging in this discussion so actively.

I fear that we are justifying incitement to riot, on grounds that are far from sufficient to justify that.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alan (14th July 2013), johnf (14th July 2013), NancyV (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), T Smith (16th July 2013), TargeT (14th July 2013), Tesseract (14th July 2013)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And I would venture to say that the case as you've posited it would have resulted in a guilty verdict on the part of the black man, were Trayvon the man stalking George.
    I entirely agree that would have been the likely outcome. And I entirely agree that is a great travesty.

Trayvon should have been free to walk the streets going back to his daddy's house. Period.
    So should Zimmerman, unless he can be convicted beyond a reasonable doubt. Just because many a black man has been hung for far less, even as little as "wrong place, wrong time", doesn't justify perpetuating the violence.

===

What can we do to reduce the risk of riot from this?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

GCS1103 (14th July 2013), johnf (14th July 2013), Kindling (14th July 2013), Mike (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), T Smith (16th July 2013)

25. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member Kindling's Avatar
    Thanks

Rahkyt and Paul fascinating conversation! Thanks. I just told a friend Avalon is the best place to be for sane debate on this subject following the Zimmerman verdict.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kindling For This Post:

christian (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), johnf (14th July 2013), Mark (14th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), T Smith (16th July 2013), ThePythonicCow (14th July 2013), Wind (14th July 2013)

27. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Respect of ....

Persons regardless of any qualifier (race, creed etc.)
    Opinions without agreeing
    Property (any and all)
    Truth as perceived.

Practicing this virtue will take us a long way towards improvement in this society, culture and world.

Peace be with you!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

johnf (14th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,364 times in 1,115 posts

That question sounds like a much more important topic right now than what happened in the trial.
    I would start a thread with that question as a title.

I have witnessed a lot of opposition on this forum today that, though I understand, it pains me to read.
    A thread on how we can react sanely to this incendiary situation might be a better place to put our attention at this time.

jf
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

christian (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), Kindling (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), ThePythonicCow (14th July 2013)

31. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member Another1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 times in 258 posts

They are playing us

No matter what really happened that night, what the media has done is criminal.

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Another1 For This Post:

Belle (21st July 2013), christian (14th July 2013), Gardener (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), gripreaper (14th July 2013), johnf (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), Sierra (14th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), T Smith (16th July 2013), ThePythonicCow (14th July 2013), Wind (14th July 2013)

33. Link to Post #57
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 391 posts

Martin jumped the fence in a gated apartment complex AT NIGHT ...He was not simply "walking in the street"....
    That was the problem from the very beginning.....Yes ,Zimmerman over-reacted but he shouldn't have to go to jail because he thought Martin might be a thief...Technically Martin was tresspassing ...But being a typical 17 year old Martin thought nothing of it....

Mistakes were made on both sides but Martin was where he had no business being....and things got out of control from that point on....
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 14th July 2013 at 05:07. Reason: fix quoting

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marlowe For This Post:

Another1 (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), johnf (14th July 2013), NancyV (14th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (15th July 2013), ThePythonicCow (14th July 2013)

35. Link to Post #58
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,187 times in 2,965 posts

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    A thread on how we can react sanely to this incendiary situation might be a better place to put our attention at this time.
    We can make this thread such.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

GCS1103 (14th July 2013), johnf (14th July 2013), ThePythonicCow (14th July 2013)

37. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

Probably very little, other than continuing to foment the spread of truth, now more than ever, flooding social networks with nudges toward achieving higher consciousness and rising above the capacity to be controlled by the mainstream media and implanted cultural programming. Perhaps we have reached the crest of the wave and it will take very little to cascade into some new form of collective expression, and an event like this can be the catalyst for real change to occur.

It is the concentration upon the divisions that seem insurmountable that is the key feature of the programming that has to be dissolved in consciousness and it is the most difficult to address directly without arousing the defenses put in place by the individual psyche that support belief. Cognitive dissonance resulting in a rewiring of the brain is necessary. Unfortunately, that can take a while unless it is accomplished traumatically. I cannot currently envision a situation that would create the mental shock necessary to rudely awaken people from this dream of separation.

Those who are pre-disposed to such through a lifetime of controlled mental activity and limited intellectual stimulus will continue to fall prey to the Tavistock programming they have been subjected to since childhood.

The msm-campaign will continue to stir up animus on both sides in the days ahead. The prevalence of Civil Rights and Obama-centric pundits on the televisions screens screeching and complaining and railing against the justice system will result in the continuing irritation of a large proportion of the majority population of the USA, as they are generally programmed to react badly to black and brown people demanding justice for ills they don't perceive themselves to be the source of. So there will be further racialized stratification that will continue to prevent people who share common interest from coming together to address the greater ills as prescribed by the controller factions that are cementing into place a permanent caste-system based upon education and culture.

Seeking the highest potentiality in this case, where people are so stratified, means finding a space of neutrality in between the extremes. Your personal insistence upon perceiving George Zimmerman as being a victim of equal proportion to Trayvon Martin in this instance reveals the potentiality for a middle ground to be reached among those who see things the other way.

Concentrating upon the system of law itself as practiced and the way it has been tilted toward certain outcomes, the acknowledgement on the part of both sides that this situation, while unfortunate, is part and product of the historical treatment of minorities in the United States and needs to be dramatically revised might help those whose natural rights have been trampled on understand where those who have traditionally benefited from the system are coming from. And yet, without this acknowledgement and the continuing insistence that this was the correct outcome, there can be no resolution because there is no understanding of the energetic reality that has been created.

The oppressor/oppressed mentality has been ingrained into generations of people who have been subjected to horror and who have genetically internalized that trauma. It has resulted in psychological issues within the populations of both extreme poles, white and black, as well as native, at least for those whose ancestry has been in this nation and upon this continent for centuries and millennia. Some might say that it must demand its karmic resolution at some point. Many might say that resolution is due. Many others might say that we can change our stars as a collective people and move past the ills of the past, not having to experience the return swing of the pendulum of divine justice.

There is no real, practical understanding of what the United States and it's micro-cosmic rendition of macro-cosmic and world-wide diversity of genetics truly represents at higher levels of existence. Until that reality is recognized and embraced, I do not know that there can be a higher form of unity among the human family as we are currently divided.

It feels like we are near ... some kind of fundamental shift. How near? I do not know for sure, but it takes events such as this to truly determine where we are as the sentient representatives of the Gaian collective. How this turns out will be telling.
    Last edited by Mark; 14th July 2013 at 05:42. Reason: grammar

38. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Belle (21st July 2013), christian (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), johnf (14th July 2013), Kindling (14th July 2013), Mike (14th July 2013), Ria (14th July 2013), Selene (15th July 2013), Snookie (14th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (14th July 2013), T Smith (16th July 2013), ThePythonicCow (14th July 2013), Wind (14th July 2013)

39. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    We can make this thread such.
    I would suggest that a thread focused on "What can we do to reduce the risk of riot from this?" should be a separate thread. This current thread is clearly focused on the specifics of the killing and trial.

Perhaps I will find time tonight to start such a thread, or perhaps someone else will be so inspired first.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

christian (14th July 2013), GCS1103 (14th July 2013), Kindling (14th July 2013), Sunny-side-up (14th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 3 9 LastLast