+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What plants talk about

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default What plants talk about

This program integrates hard-core science with a light-hearted look at how plants behave, revealing a world where plants are as busy, responsive and complex as we are. From the stunning heights of the Great Basin Desert to the lush coastal rainforests of west coast Canada, scientist J.C. Cahill takes us on a journey into the "secret world of plants," revealing an astonishing landscape where plants eavesdrop on each other, talk to their allies, call in insect mercenaries and nurture their young. It is a world of pulsing activity, where plants communicate, co-operate and sometimes, wage all-out war.

Scientists Confirm that Plants Talk and Listen To Each Other, Communication Crucial for Survival
    Read more at http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/...
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/...

http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/facult...

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Default Re: What plants talk about

Fascinating! I got hooked on this subject back in the 70s, when a fellow came on the Johnnie Carson show and measured plant reactions to the threat of scissors. The plants were hooked up to a lie detector machine and reacted wildly to movement of the scissors into their field of awareness.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (19th July 2013), aranuk (3rd August 2013), sdv (19th July 2013), spiritguide (19th July 2013), Vitalux (20th July 2013), william r sanford72 (19th July 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Isn't it odd --we as human beings believe ourselves to be the most highly evolved species on the planet---yet the peaceful and intrinsic conscious communication shared in nature--makes us skeptics to even briefly considering that any other species other than mammals or hominids is capable of conscious thought?

Some may say--plants are not sentient--they do not possess sensory receptors/organs, a brain and nervous system necessary for sentience but they do react to physical and chemical stimuli from the environment.

Communication may not be as direct as verbal in humans--but it appears to be just as effective for the flora that exist on this planet.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Veiled Rain For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (19th July 2013), sdv (19th July 2013), soleil (19th July 2013), spiritguide (19th July 2013), ulli (19th July 2013), Vitalux (20th July 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

I spore mushrooms to promote root growth in my mulch and compost mix. Soil was smelling so good one day, my 24 year old, said "Mom, what's that smell coming from?" I said what smell? She said smells like good soil or dirt in the Lowes. She goes there to get orchids, or other little Mother's day or birthday gifts. I was one proud Momma the other day, because the soil, was sand and clay with about an inch of top soil and lots of trees in the yard. So I had to make garden boxes, and composted from October 2012 -March and turned the soil with leaves for a few weeks. Really amazing the healthy fuzzy root systems I find with multiple red button mushrooms sprouting throughtout my lawn grass and bush areas.

I communicate with all my house plants, garden veggies and trees. Now that I know that the tomato has a defense system, I think I'll pay closer attention. I've seen a few veggie munchers recently.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 19th July 2013 at 21:41.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Delight (19th July 2013), ulli (19th July 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

This showed up right after I saw the title of this thread.
    I could not resist...the fit was too perfect.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

aranuk (3rd August 2013), Midnight Rambler (20th July 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Simply amazing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet For This Post:

write4change (20th July 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,097 times in 20,639 posts

There are some interesting channeled messages from Tyberonn in the channeled forum about trees. Here's one:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...James-Tyberonn
    The following links are from the intentional community, Damanhur, where they work a lot with the energies of Nature.

Each breath a gift...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

mahalall (19th July 2013), Veiled Rain (20th July 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Great documentary. Thanks for posting. It just goes to show how little we really know about the world around us. So much goes unseen, unheard and unnoticed.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Conaire For This Post:

mahalall (19th July 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

Sharing much laughter with my onions lately, spray the stems on a summers day and listen to them chuckle.

17. Link to Post #10
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Oh I have no doubt whatsoever that plants can talk.
    Just last week I heard a dog barking in my back yard I looked outside and saw that it was my dogwood tree.
    I could tell it was the tree by the bark

But in all seriousness, ever since I studied the information about plant life having consciousness by Cleve Baxster

I try and take extra care to be kind to the plants both in my home and the ones I encounter outdoors.
    I have even been apologetic when I stabs a tomato for my salad.

18. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Thanks, Ed

I'm only half way. At the 22-25 minute mark, it fits with my belief that we, too, are in metamorphosis. And more importantly, we'll adapt at warp speed if/when necessary. Some sooner because they are open to the possibility. For me, plant community is a collective chatter box. One comes forward to speak for the rest, if one is open to it.

Still listening, but...at the 32-36 minute mark, good metaphor and understanding for archonic and human relationship, too. (larger perspective think)

What Plants Talk About - Full Length Documentary

Published on Apr 6, 2013

This program integrates hard-core science with a light-hearted look at how plants behave, revealing a world where plants are as busy, responsive and complex as we are. From the stunning heights of the Great Basin Desert to the lush coastal rainforests of west coast Canada, scientist J.C. Cahill takes us on a journey into the "secret world of plants," revealing an astonishing landscape where plants eavesdrop on each other, talk to their allies, call in insect mercenaries and nurture their young. It is a world of pulsing activity, where plants communicate, co-operate and sometimes, wage all-out war.

Scientists Confirm that Plants Talk and Listen To Each Other, Communication Crucial for Survival
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 20th July 2013 at 18:26.

19. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

All things here were created by the Creator and carry the divine spark of the Creator. That's why the Native Americans say this mountain is sacred, this hill is sacred, this or that is sacred. It took me years to understand why and now I agree with them. When harvesting plants, ask first for their blessing and explain that you need them to nourish you. Show respect to them when you harvest and prepare them. If the PETA people could understand the language of plants, they would hear them scream too.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lost Soul For This Post:

mahalall (21st July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread