+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Let there be Light" and the "Green Beautiful" medicines

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,407 times in 5,730 posts

Default "Let there be Light" and the "Green Beautiful" medicines

I was just alerted to an awesome fun French comedy from 1998. It reminded me of another favorite film. These are two doses of Light Comedy to dispel doom and gloom.
    It is a synchronisity for me to be sent the info on this film. Everywhere I look, people are referencing the power of humor and are empowered co-medically to ignore angry flack.

"Que la lumière soit"
    Let There Be Light (1998)

I just watched it on (asks you to put your age in to "prove" you are over 18)

http://popcornflix.com/Que-la-Lumiere-Soit-Let-There-Be-Light/80b057d5-0c61-46a4-bb5c-9dc538dbad7d

This is an light romantically absurd and intelligently whimsical comedy in which God writes a screenplay and goes to earth to find someone to make the film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120799/

Director:
    Arthur Joffé
    Writers:
    Jean-Louis Benoît, Laurent Jaoui
    Stars:
    Hélène de Fougerolles, Tchéky Karyo, Ticky Holgado

La Belle Verte (1996)
    The Green Beautiful

Beautiful AND FUN.....
    Quote A woman from a utopian planet travels to Earth, where she intends on helping through her superior knowledge, so it can become a better planet. She has trouble adjusting, and soon reveals that her goal is that the rest of the galaxy can see Earth as a future friend and not as a potential threat to the galactic community.

Written and directed by Coline Serreau and starring Serreau, Vincent Lindon and Marion Cotillard. Serreau also composed the original music score. It was filmed on location in Australia and France.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Belle_Verte

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

dynamo (22nd July 2013), GreenGuy (1st December 2013), jjjones (21st July 2013), seleka (1st December 2013), shadowstalker (21st July 2013), william r sanford72 (21st July 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Default Re: "Let there be Light" and the "Green Beautiful" medicines

I see the link for "The Green Beautiful" but not for "Let There Be Light"...just sayin'.
    Thanks, BTW, so far "The Green Beautiful" is hilarious!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Delight (22nd July 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,407 times in 5,730 posts

If you click the link to popcornflix, it will ask for your age and if you are over 18 then you can see the movie Let There Be Light.
    Youtube doesn't have the movie "Que la lumière soit" or trailer but there are a couple of clips

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member seleka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 times in 295 posts

I just did a search to see if this 'medicine' as you put it had been put here on PA, "The Green Beautiful", such a beautiful premise as I recall. I loved Wrinkle In Time as a child also...
    I am using the quote from Monty Python "Kill the Messenger" because that is how people react when you tell them the truth, they want the one that told them about it (the messenger) to just go away so they won't have to deal with truths like pedogate

7. The Following User Says Thank You to seleka For This Post:

GreenGuy (1st December 2013)

+ Reply to Thread