Thread: Enlightenment and Male Vanity

1. Link to Post #221
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,009 times in 1,932 posts

Default Re: Enlightenment and Male Vanity

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Pregnant pause...
    are you pregnant because you paused ??? or you paused after you got pregnant?

jim

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jiminii For This Post:

kanishk (27th September 2015), NancyV (7th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #222
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by jiminii (here)
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Pregnant pause...
    are you pregnant because you paused ??? or you paused after you got pregnant?

jim
    well Jim, as one young woman to another... I'll have to think about that one

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

5. Link to Post #223
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Wow.
    Just as I was about to give up on the idea...
    It happened.
    Our genius enlightened males are talking shyte!
    Well done, boys.

P.S. I should have defined "enlightenment" more clearly.

The way I see it is to make others, who normally feel heavy,
    feel lighter...like reduce their weight by a few kgs.

Heavy=dense.
    Light=loose.

When one feels light, DNA coils uncoil,
    which takes pressure off the light codes contained therein,
    and the whole body lights up, as well as lightens up.
    Last edited by ulli; 7th August 2013 at 14:14.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), araucaria (7th August 2013), Flash (7th August 2013), Mark (9th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

7. Link to Post #224
    Thanks

So, unless there is humor, enlightenment is a drag.

Last edited by ulli; 7th August 2013 at 14:52.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), Flash (7th August 2013), Mark (9th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

9. Link to Post #225
    Thanks

In some traditions followers would remove dirt from the soles of sandals of holy men,
    to store on their private altars at home.
    No wonder guru vanity was the result

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), Carmody (7th August 2013), Flash (7th August 2013), Mark (9th August 2013), NancyV (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

11. Link to Post #226
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

The serpents deception has created the construct (and fools our genders)-as helpful as ones meditation system is it is still within the construct of the game-the expanse of living with greater the equality principle as so sweetly highlighted by Ulli (thankyou) in the introduction of this thread is the key to the power of unlocking oneself-it's vibration is what opens the door into those inner cells!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mahalall For This Post:

Flash (7th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (9th August 2013), write4change (7th August 2013)

13. Link to Post #227
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    talking shyte!
    like on the here&now thread? why didn't you say so?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

ulli (7th August 2013)

15. Link to Post #228
    United States Avalon Member write4change's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,632 times in 628 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Quote Posted by donk (here)
    Well, I can find a serious element in every joke,
    just as I can extract humor out of tragic situations.

So, the energy of that Groucho Marx joke is about social climbing,
    to such heights where one knows one is not deserving, at least not yet.
    Maybe with the hope to fit in one day in the future.

A lofty, forbidding environment has a lot of pull...
    exclusivity is the name of the game behind designer labels,
    and expensive status symbols.

Altogether this sums up why feelings of insecurity persist in the world,
    as people aren't getting the real goods which connect them to the big battery,
    but only fake and glamorous substitutes.
    Are you trying to suggest that people are more concerned with images, being right (appearing “better”) than learning and growing and discovering “truth”. Cuz I’m on board if you are…

I get kinda lost sometimes though….were we talking about p!ssing contests, and then one broke out?

When I was in 4th grade, bussed in to the inner city school…my classmates and I would have long-shot contests, where we started at the urinal, and then kept taking steps back, mid-urination, and whoever was still hitting it from the farthest away was the winner.

Some played to win, to be the longest p!sser. Some played to not be ostercized from the rest of group. Some were too self-conscious to get involved. Me? I had two reasons…I was curious to see how far I could p!ss…and more importantly: I liked a chance to p!ss on the floor, besides being fun—I hated that school.
    This is sort of what I'm talking about when I speak of male escalation, new norms, searching for new pleasures that are a differential, higher than the new plateau that people are on. In this case, dominant males in a system that is stable ....and then seeking to be dominant in that system.

This means they seek a higher... escalation.

I explained it to a friend the other day, in this way.

First man through the door, pushes the person aside.

Second man through the doorway kills the person.

Third man through the doorway decapitates the corpse.

Fourth man through the doorway has sex with it.

escalation, escalation, escalation, and decay....as forms of projected dominance.

When the male is allowed to exist in his ego as a projection of his thought formation, and this is allowed to arise as a system of patriarchy and societal control and subjugation.... then this horrific decay is the final result. The smaller circles of logic of ego outward projection...don't allow for the understanding that the body's ego 'rose colored glasses' exhibit and are the formation of all thought pattern development. If that ego is allowed to persist, then the animal decay to new heights from the last..is always the result.

When any form of this comes toward a person or a group, they should consider stopping it in it's tracks and making sure it moves no further and also that it is ended in it's entirety, in it's totality. As left alone, it's infection will continue, unabated, always seeking a path. to remove it at the root, at the formation of it's origins.

Which circles all the way back to the stories of a 'bookmark' a 'path' being inserted into the moment of creation of the human avatar, in the root system of the avatar embodiment pathways. Like programmers build into their software, someone built a back door into the depths of the human avatar. Down in the origins of thought formation, where it sits unrecognized by the developed consciousness aspects of 3D linear time existence.

That ego, it is the block, the diode, the porcupine quill of not allowing for the looking inward. A literal block on inner thought, blocking higher mind and lower mind connectivity...labeled and covered with a block built on pain and suffering if one should try. the ego is an enforced smaller circle of knowing and logic.

And the patriarchal system we have today, in society, religion, science, politics, finance, academia, and so on.... is the literal arm of enforcement in keeping it in place.
    I have been reading this thread all of it and have had different feelings about it as I go. I find this to be the best synopsis so far of what I think as a whole.

I have been reading since I was four and got into Edgar Rice Burroughs very early and so did not have the concept of what science fiction means--it was another story and all stories have elements of truth if you listen. They can teach both what to become and what not to become and in the old days often how.

When I was about ten I read a book called Genesis. I have not seen it since and it could not have been popular otherwise I would have found it again and I do not remember the author. What it was about was ETs coming down and trying to save the human race through genetic engineering. Their diagnosis of what was wrong with the human race was a gene of hierarchy that was deeply embedded. They kept changing the human form in order to destroy the gene. As we became more and more monsters, the gene was never diminished. We ceased being anything that resembled being human except for the gene. During this long process, humanity became aware of what was being done to them but nonetheless could not give up the concept that I am better than the masses because somehow my gene for this is stronger than theirs.

I read the book several times then because in some ways I was fascinated by the horror of it. I had nightmares about it for a long time. It remains the only story that I found completely horrifying. I have become aware that I have always thrown away power and the pursuit of it and I have always known it came from this book. I see this played out often with both males and females. I think the reason we do not see it so much in women, is that as a whole most women to do not have that much real power. The power of beauty is very transient for most women. There is much history of men of power being changed by women and giving up power for women. But there is no story of a major woman of power giving it up for men.

I will continue reading this thread and commenting on it today before it totally gets away from me.
    Beware the axis of sanctimony.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), Flash (7th August 2013), Mark (9th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

17. Link to Post #229
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

In answer to write4change post right above,, The sex appetite is stronger than the thriving thirst for power, this is why some men did give away their power to some women. It became a game of power which the women won, through the use of sex, one of the fiercest power there is. Directly attached to the reptilian brain and the survival of the ego/body.

Rarely, there were some women who were so enlightened that they could help a men transform himself. This happened too, but certainly not with Hilary Clinton

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), NancyV (7th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

19. Link to Post #230
    Thanks

Quote Posted by turiya (here)
    Yes, getting back to the OP...

Here is what I wrote in the OP:

"I love it when people get IT, especially because they have all arrived there by taking different paths.
    And what I love even more is when over the years they manage to refine their perceptions further,
    modernizing the language of the ancient wisdoms, thus making themselves better understood by seekers.

My only regret is that many highly enlightened men, who, more than the enlightened women I know,
    don't unite more into brotherly teams, with other men, who also got IT.
    I so wish for this to happen."

I should have stopped there instead of going into musings about the differences between men and women in general.
    That was my mistake, and I regret it.
    Lesson learnt.
    But the central reasoning behind why 'many enlightened men... don't unite more into brotherly teams, with other men who also got IT...' is basic to the understanding as to why this phenomenon does not take place... after all, it is the plain simple difference(s) that exists between male & feminine energy types...

Going into it a bit further... differences between male & feminine energies, this underlies the different roads that are taken toward the attainment of ‘higher’ states of awareness.

To reiterate, man is dependent on woman when it comes to the creation of new life. In the birthing of a child, man can only do this through the woman. But as far as in the dimension in which a "spiritual birth" is concerned, it is reversed – woman is dependent upon the man in order to move higher in consciousness. Just as there are physical differences, and the same is with regards to the world of spirituality. Man can attain enlightenment more directly, whereas woman, generally speaking, has to go through man (i.e. relationship(s)) to attain 'heightened' states of awareness. Woman, for the most part, has to take this indirect approach.

It is not a question of equality or inequality, it is simply because the male & female are different. And due to this difference lay the basic reason why there are fundamentally two different roads, or path-ways, which can lead one to enlightenment. And these two are: 1) the path of meditation; and 2) the path of love. In Yoga terms these two are known as Gyana Yoga & Bhakti Yoga – the paths of knowledge & devotion.

Meditation can be done alone. Love, on the other hand, needs another physical human being. Man has been known to achieve through meditation – this is what is meant by attaining ‘directly’. It is much easier for man to be alone. Deep down he is more connected to this state of aloneness. It comes more natural to a man. For a woman to be alone is more difficult. Instead, she has a deep urge to love, and to be loved. And for this, another individual is needed.

The woman reaches the meditative state through love. Man’s male energy reaches through meditation. It is possible for the woman to reach the meditative state only after moving through love; whereas the man reaches love, a flowering of compassion, through the meditative experience in absolute aloneness.

This emphasis in literature on 'being alone' has come because of so many men becoming previously enlightened in the past. Buddha, Jesus, Lao Tzu, Mohammed & many others – all of them went into the solitude of their aloneness. Fewer enlightened woman have their place marked with prominence.

For a man, the deep desire is for freedom – freedom from… freedom from rules, freedom from society, freedom from others… freedom from one’s own mind & its conditioning – sitting alone in meditation is enough to set the stage for what can come next.

For a woman, the deep desire is for love. In order to experience love, woman will need another physical human being, a community of others, but that other human being will always become less & less satisfying, less & less fulfilling, because the absolute union of the two is not possible. The physical partner can only fulfill the outer woman, but cannot be brought to the center of her being. After several experiences falling short, encountering unsatisfactory physical partners – with the resultant frustration – will woman come to the point of feeling comfortable with a non physical divine partner, which can then lead to the outer woman meeting her inner man in her state of aloneness.

Man, on the other hand, can do this without this need to be with others. He is capable of reaching the inner heights of his being in his aloneness. Upon reaching the higher levels of consciousness, the flowering of compassion takes place. He then returns to the world to share the treasure with others. Such a one has been referred to as a bodhisatva.

turiya
    From my personal experience I find this post to be very profound.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

turiya (9th August 2013), william r sanford72 (9th August 2013)

21. Link to Post #231
    Thanks

OK, I must admit, after waiting post after post to see if I could understand the acronyms when in context, I must admit I still don't: what means IT? Thanks for the answer (it feels so silly to ask for this, the feeling is that I should have understood it by now, I am below half of Carmody's IQ right now - lol)

Edit: I reread some post and I think I have been too litteral, wanting a grammatical meaning, IT means enlightenment, nirvana, etc. Is that IT????
    Last edited by Flash; 7th August 2013 at 16:24.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013), write4change (7th August 2013)

23. Link to Post #232
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    OK, I must admit, after waiting post after post to see if I could understand the acronyms when in context, I must admit I still don't: what means IT? Thanks for the answer (it feels so silly to ask for this, the feeling is that I should have understood it by now, I am below half of Carmody's IQ right now - lol)

Edit: I reread some post and I think I have been too litteral, wanting a grammatical meaning, IT means enlightenment, nirvana, etc. Is that IT????
    No harm in asking. I apologize for not spelling it out earlier.
    He, = masculine
    She = feminine
    It= neutral.
    IT capitalized is the creator beyond duality of male god, female goddess.
    The zero point where everything resides.
    Getting IT, means reaching a state of non-duality.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), Flash (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

25. Link to Post #233
    Thanks

I will now spend the rest of the day thinking about this thread. I have spent since the dawn reading it and it is now noon here. I often feel my major difference from most here in Avalon is certainty. I have no certainty of anything. Even my most profound experiences I cannot prove and in the current world without synergy of science and spirituality--what I most profoundly "know" would be classified delusion.

One of the reason's I post less and less is the principle of the OP of this thread. When I first ran into Terrence McKenna I found him interesting-- in my 40s I just put every thing into abeyance. I am so grateful for all his talks being available on youtube. The more wisdom I am able to obtain, the more profound I find him and the more understanding I get of him from reading his books again. He had a lot of prescience but he never claimed certainty. Someone very big on this site (male) with a lot of influence labeled him a cracked out drug addict. I found that appalling. This male is a good man but he has his own problems and his certainty seems to me to be one of them. But this male good intentions causes me to forgive him much.

Some really profound current thinkers are almost never mentioned on this site. My duality is always in front of me. For a long time, I led my life with my mind which I consider a masculine trait, as I was taught most deeply by males and it was only male minds I was deeply exposed to. I think experience is a very big deal. I did not know what love was until I felt love. I was profoundly deeply touch by love with a man's hand and body. With that experience I was changed forever.

Since returning to rural Texas and observing long term marriages which are quite common here, I realize how difficult it is to find love within a small community which has very little experience in love. Almost all marriages here are fraught with issues of control. I would say all because I have met no exceptions but surely there are some. Rural life in many ways is settling and submission. It is my task now to see if I can stay grounded, centered and sane. Interesting, the problem was the same in Beverly Hills. I left there. I am quite aware that wherever I go there I am. none the less, I feel the universe has led me to certain places to learn certain things.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), Flash (7th August 2013), mahalall (8th August 2013), Mark (9th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

27. Link to Post #234
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    I was about to comment on that.

I remember being wholly in the enlightened state, not needing to comment, or communicate or to share. It is what it is. And I asked myself, am I done here, yet, or is there more I can do, in the realm of the norm?

I decided there was... and began to try to communicate what I could, at the same time I began to put the pebbles back into my pockets, to anchor myself back into the mundane..

I was not understood.

So I stepped a layer further down.

I was still not understood.

I stepped down again.

I was partially understood but with much confusion.

I stepped down all the way.

I was finally understood.

But it was meaningless and disconnected from what is.
    In other words - all words are lies.

turiya
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 9th August 2013 at 21:58. Reason: Reduce nested quoting depth

28. Link to Post #235
    Thanks

Quote Posted by write4change (here)
    I will now spend the rest of the day thinking about this thread. I have spent since the dawn reading it and it is now noon here. I often feel my major difference from most here in Avalon is certainty. I have no certainty of anything. Even my most profound experiences I cannot prove and in the current world without synergy of science and spirituality--what I most profoundly "know" would be classified delusion.

One of the reason's I post less and less is the principle of the OP of this thread. When I first ran into Terrence McKenna I found him interesting-- in my 40s I just put every thing into abeyance. I am so grateful for all his talks being available on youtube. The more wisdom I am able to obtain, the more profound I find him and the more understanding I get of him from reading his books again. He had a lot of prescience but he never claimed certainty. Someone very big on this site (male) with a lot of influence labeled him a cracked out drug addict. I found that appalling. This male is a good man but he has his own problems and his certainty seems to me to be one of them. But this male good intentions causes me to forgive him much.

Some really profound current thinkers are almost never mentioned on this site. My duality is always in front of me. For a long time, I led my life with my mind which I consider a masculine trait, as I was taught most deeply by males and it was only male minds I was deeply exposed to. I think experience is a very big deal. I did not know what love was until I felt love. I was profoundly deeply touch by love with a man's hand and body. With that experience I was changed forever.

Since returning to rural Texas and observing long term marriages which are quite common here, I realize how difficult it is to find love within a small community which has very little experience in love. Almost all marriages here are fraught with issues of control. I would say all because I have met no exceptions but surely there are some. Rural life in many ways is settling and submission. It is my task now to see if I can stay grounded, centered and sane. Interesting, the problem was the same in Beverly Hills. I left there. I am quite aware that wherever I go there I am. none the less, I feel the universe has led me to certain places to learn certain things.

You might consider if you are not only visiting places to learn lessons,
    but to teach, too.

Those who never move anywhere else need a mover and shaker to appear in their midst,
    or they would never wake up.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), araucaria (7th August 2013), Flash (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013), write4change (7th August 2013)

30. Link to Post #236
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,380 times in 561 posts

In other words - all words are lies.
    No, but words are not 'IT', defined as 'Das Ding an sich', in the non-duality sense of terms. Words are a reduction and a reification of 'IT'.. oefff
    Last edited by skippy; 7th August 2013 at 19:55.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), Flash (7th August 2013), NancyV (7th August 2013), turiya (7th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

32. Link to Post #237
    Thanks

You are right Ulli. I am trying to decide how dangerous it is. There is a big history here of burning people out and murdering people who do not fit in. There is no democracy here. The city council of 9 for a city of 3000 just inaugurated 5 new members only 1 elected the rest appointed because no one would run. They then repealed term limits. The one elected council member was elected by 39 votes.

Some terrible things have already happened to me but I consider them messages from the universe and I have now committed to staying put for a year and seeing what evolves without giving up my ability to make choices.

Early June, they had universal garage sales and annul event across all of northern Texas, I walked across the street to one. The guy there told me he was not interested in seliing me anything. He said I had already earned a reputation of being a pain in the butt to the city. I had never laid eyes on him. LOL

I often think about writing about my experiences here at Avalon and getting advice but the topic of your OP and the knowledge that has been much skyping about me in the past and it was posted and immediately taken down by Paul but I find it to be disconcerting. I need advice not psychological pounding right now which is what certainty feels like to me. the more imput I could get, the more I could see the big picture.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), Mark (9th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013)

34. Link to Post #238
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

No harm in asking. I apologize for not spelling it out earlier.
    He, = masculine
    She = feminine
    It= neutral.
    IT capitalized is the creator beyond duality of male god, female goddess.
    The zero point where everything resides.
    Getting IT, means reaching a state of non-duality.
    Now I understand!! Thanks, I also realize that we do not have neutral gender/pronoun in French, therefore I remained in my old paradigm of everything gendered - oops, does it mean that French cannot reach a state of non-duality? lol

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

animovado (8th August 2013), NancyV (7th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013), william r sanford72 (7th August 2013), write4change (7th August 2013)

36. Link to Post #239
    Thanks

all words are lies.
    Yes ! ! !

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

skippy (7th August 2013), turiya (9th August 2013), ulli (7th August 2013)

38. Link to Post #240
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

If all words are lies then we are all liars. Yup, sounds about right. Heck, I lie most to myself. Recently, I learned that the hard way. Now, I won't talk to myself any more. This is pissing me off because now I don't have anyone who believes every word I say...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Flash (9th August 2013), Mark (9th August 2013), NancyV (9th August 2013), PurpleLama (9th August 2013), turiya (9th August 2013), ulli (9th August 2013)

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 12 16 LastLast