+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst 1 20 30 35 LastLast

Thread: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

1. Link to Post #581
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote So let me jump in with this, I believe we are all a part of these first beings, labeled many things. The story I saw, was one of great sacrifice. If anyone can tell me if this matches something they know, it would be wonderful I just relay the stories. Angels is the best word I can give you but that is only an idea of what we all were. We watched the world come to be (believe me there is so much detail I could fill a book) something happened and I have no word for it because I can only see great destruction and to stop the devastation of this world one being was chosen to take the sacrifice of the others and disperse it into all living things heal and keep it continuing. The life here is very important we are the weavers of the connections between the spiritual and non physical to the spiritual physical beings. All of us. The things of old, we find them everywhere and there was a deep knowledge of how to connect and live in the separate plains. This is the story I saw, and so inside, is this wisp of "light" that has grown into a beautiful illumination. (aura) Does this resonate? It feels like I am missing some of the pieces still. When I use the word spiritual I mean it as in those passed on, those on other plain, consciousness as it is in the universe in any shape or form of planet. It has taken a very long time to wake back up and remember. So if your still wondering what your path is, jump off the ledge and speak it, I shared a story just now that for all I know is a great science fiction moment I should put in a book, but my spirit feels as if it is far deeper and very close to truth so I am giving it to the world like others are right now. Taking a leap of faith, what do we have to loose, share these lessons you think you are hearing no matter how much you worry about how you will seem to others. There are enough of us awake now, that we will hear and not judge.
    Theresa, I wanted to tell you that I completely understand what you are saying here. I experienced a knowing of this and the way you expressed it is profound and beautiful. Thank you.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Theresa (3rd June 2018)

3. Link to Post #582
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

After all that, Jesus was an aspect of a Venusian Master and really died on the cross. To resume the mission in another body was no problem.
    Ref.www.aetherius.org, or my book "Metaphysics and The New Age" by Dr.Peter Daley

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to britman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (10th June 2018), Jean-Marie (10th June 2018)

5. Link to Post #583
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,523 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by britman (here)
    After all that, Jesus was an aspect of a Venusian Master and really died on the cross.
    Well, maybe. But also, maybe not!

I posted this earlier: (An extract from post #115)

~~~

Here's the start of the second chapter ("The Priest's Treasure") of THE JESUS PAPERS by Michael Baigent (2006). Here's the entire book as a PDF:
    Throughout my career I’ve enjoyed correspondence with other historians and researchers into the truth behind accepted history, but some letters demand more attention than others. This letter certainly did.
    “May I advise you that the ‘treasure’ is not one of gold and precious stones, but a document containing incontrovertible evidence that Jesus was alive in the year a.d. 45. The clues left behind by the good curé have never been understood, but it is clear from the script that a substitution was carried out by the extreme zealots on the journey to the place of execution. The document was exchanged for a very large sum and concealed or destroyed.”
    Richard Leigh, Henry Lincoln, and I simply didn’t know what to do with this note. It came from a respected and highly educated Church of England vicar, the Rev. Dr. Douglas William Guest Bartlett. By “the good curé” Bartlett was referring to the Abbé Béranger Saunière, the priest of the small hilltop village of Rennes le Château, nestled in the foothills of the Pyrenees.

Abbé Saunière was appointed priest at the village in 1885. His annual income was approximately ten dollars. He gained a notoriety that has lasted to the present day by obtaining, in the early 1890s, from mysterious sources, for equally mysterious reasons, considerable wealth. The key to his wealth was a discovery he made while restoring the church in 1891. But the “treasure” he found, according to Bartlett, was not the glittering deposit we had at first supposed (perhaps the lost treasure of the Temple in Jerusalem), but something far more extraordinary—some documents concerning Jesus and therefore the very basis of Christianity. At the time this seemed too wild for us to even consider and so we left it “on file.”

We had certainly suspected that something odd was going on in the dark corridors of history, but while working on Holy Blood, Holy Grail we were discovering all manner of unexpected and highly controversial data that would take us far away from the concerns of this letter, so we tabled it for future scrutiny. Jesus’s survival was simply not an important issue for us at that time, as our focus had become fixed on the possibility that prior to the crucifixion he had at least one child—or had left his wife pregnant. So whether Jesus’s life ended on the cross or not seemed irrelevant to our developing story of his marriage, the survival of his bloodline down through European history, and its symbolic expression in the stories of the Holy Grail, stories that formed the backbone of our best-selling book Holy Blood, Holy Grail, first published in 1982.

Yet, intrigued by this bland, outrageous, but confident letter, we kept returning to it. “What,” we asked ourselves, “would constitute ‘incontrovertible evidence’ that Jesus survived and was living long afterwards?” “What, in fact,” we thought, racking our brains, “would constitute incontrovertible evidence of anything in history?” Documents, we supposed, but what sort of documents would be beyond doubt?

The most believable documents, we thought, would be the most apparently mundane, those with no agenda to serve, no argument to support—an inventory perhaps, a historical equivalent of a shopping list. Something like a Roman legal document stating in a matter-of-fact manner: “Item: Alexandria, Fourth year of Claudius (a.d. 45), report of Jesus ben Joseph, an immigrant from Galilee, formerly tried and acquitted in Jerusalem by Pontius Pilate, today confirmed as the owner of a plot of land beyond the city walls.”

But it all seemed a bit far-fetched.

After Holy Blood, Holy Grail appeared and the dust had settled, out of personal curiosity more than anything else, we decided to visit the author of the letter and see what we could make of him. We needed to know whether he was believable or not. He lived in Leafield, Oxfordshire, a rural county of England comprising idyllic villages with stone houses centered upon the ancient university town of Oxford. The Rev. Bartlett lived in one of the small villages set in the higher country to the northwest of the county. We talked to him one afternoon in his garden, sitting on a wooden bench. It was the normality of the setting that made the topic of our conversation all the more remarkable.

“In the 1930s, I was living in Oxford,” reported the Rev. Bartlett. “In the same street was a ‘high-powered’ figure in the Church of England, Canon Alfred Lilley. I saw him every day.” Canon Alfred Leslie Lilley (1860–1948) had been, until his retirement in 1936, Canon and Chancellor of Hereford Cathedral. He was an expert in medieval French and for that reason was often consulted on difficult translation work.

During their daily talks, Lilley and Bartlett became closer, and Lilley eventually trusted Bartlett sufficiently to tell him an extraordinary story. In the early 1890s, Lilley reported, he had been asked by a young man, a former student of his, to travel to Paris to the Seminary of Saint Sulpice to advise on the translation of a strange document (or perhaps documents—Bartlett could no longer remember exactly) that had appeared from a source that was never divulged. At Saint Sulpice there was a group of scholars whose task it was to comb through all the documents that came in—a task performed, Lilley suspected, at the request of a Vatican cardinal. The scholars asked for help on the translation because they couldn’t really make out the text. Perhaps it seemed so outrageous to them that they thought they were misunderstanding it in some manner.

“They didn’t know that it was so close to the bone,” Bartlett recalled Lilley explaining. “Lilley said that they wouldn’t have a long and happy life if certain people knew about it. It was a very delicate matter. Lilley laughed over what was going to happen when the French priests told anyone about it. He didn’t know what happened to them [the documents], but he thought that they had changed hands for a large sum of money and had ended up in Rome.” In fact, Lilley thought that the Church would ultimately destroy these documents.

Lilley was quite certain that these documents were authentic. They were extraordinary and upset many of our ideas about the Church. Contact with the material, he said, led to an unorthodoxy. Lilley did not know for certain where the documents had come from but believed that they had once been in the possession of the heretical Cathars in the south of France during the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, even though they were much older. He was also sure that following the demise of the Cathars the documents had been held in Switzerland until the wars of the fourteenth century, when they were taken to France.

“By the end of his life,” Bartlett explained, “Lilley had come to the conclusion that there was nothing in the Gospels that one could be certain about. He had lost all conviction of truth.”

Henry and I were stunned. Bartlett was no fool. Not only was he a church minister with a master’s degree from one of the Oxford colleges, but he also held a science degree in physics and chemistry from the University of Wales, as well as a medical degree, also from Oxford. He was a member of the Royal College of Surgeons and the Royal College of Physicians. To call him highly educated was something of an understatement. He clearly admired Canon Lilley and greatly respected his learning and had no doubt whatsoever that Lilley had been accurately describing the document, or documents, he had seen during that trip to Paris. We needed to study Lilley and see if we could glean any further information about the material concerning Jesus and determine who at the Seminary of Saint Sulpice and the Vatican might have had an interest in it.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (10th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (10th June 2018), Hervé (10th June 2018), Jean-Marie (10th June 2018), MistressJan (26th July 2018), Nasu (27th June 2018), Noelle (27th June 2018), Ol' Roy (29th July 2018), Reinhard (29th June 2018), Sophocles (27th June 2018), Valerie Villars (12th June 2018)

7. Link to Post #584
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

THANK YOU, Bill!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th June 2018)

9. Link to Post #585
    Thanks

I recall having watched a video by historian Edward Marriage here which gave me my first inkling of the Jesus story, as we had been taught, not being totally correct. He had researched many documents & one said Joseph of Arimathea died in Glastonbury in 82 A.D. "After I had buried the Christ I came to the Isles of the West. I taught; I entered my rest."

So, perhaps, "Christianity" started in Glastonbury! Also from Edward Marriage....at the Battle of Chester in 616 A.D. Rome killed 1,200 monks forcing Eng. to take on the Roman version of Christianity.

Further from Marriage.....Pope Leo X(1513-1521) "How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us!" And, so it has been down through the ages! My first husband is a religious conman who has profited greatly from the same fable, so I have personal experience in this & Avalon allowed me to find the answers I was seeking.

For anyone interested, check out Joseph Atwill's "Ceasar's Messiah"..... I believe that is the title of the book. Seems Josephus had a lot to do with what we believe in this day & age!

This quote from Dresden James sums it up pretty well..."When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous & its speaker a raving lunatic!" That's me!!

I do not wish take away anyone else's comfort that might come from "believing in Jesus"; I just had to find answers for what I had lived through in my fundamentalist Christianity.
    We each have to find our own way & complete our own personal journey as fits each of us best.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Icare (28th June 2018), Ivanhoe (13th February 2019), MistressJan (26th July 2018), Reinhard (29th June 2018), Spellbound (11th June 2018), Valerie Villars (11th June 2018)

11. Link to Post #586
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    I recall having watched a video by historian Edward Marriage here which gave me my first inkling of the Jesus story, as we had been taught, not being totally correct. He had researched many documents & one said Joseph of Arimathea died in Glastonbury in 82 A.D. "After I had buried the Christ I came to the Isles of the West. I taught; I entered my rest."

So, perhaps, "Christianity" started in Glastonbury! Also from Edward Marriage....at the Battle of Chester in 616 A.D. Rome killed 1,200 monks forcing Eng. to take on the Roman version of Christianity.

Further from Marriage.....Pope Leo X(1513-1521) "How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us!" And, so it has been down through the ages! My first husband is a religious conman who has profited greatly from the same fable, so I have personal experience in this & Avalon allowed me to find the answers I was seeking.

For anyone interested, check out Joseph Atwill's "Ceasar's Messiah"..... I believe that is the title of the book. Seems Josephus had a lot to do with what we believe in this day & age!

This quote from Dresden James sums it up pretty well..."When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous & its speaker a raving lunatic!" That's me!!

I do not wish take away anyone else's comfort that might come from "believing in Jesus"; I just had to find answers for what I had lived through in my fundamentalist Christianity.
    We each have to find our own way & complete our own personal journey as fits each of us best.
    I watched Caesar's Messiah a few years ago and was quite impressed:

Dave - Toronto

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th June 2018), JRS (17th June 2018), ThePythonicCow (12th June 2018)

13. Link to Post #587
    Thanks

Another addition to this thread! A revelation on Linda Molton Howes' June 13, 2018 LIVE program confirmed a theory I have held for quite awhile now.(That the Star of Bethlehem was a UFO.....and this coming from a Baptist minister's daughter!)

Near the end of the program in answer to a question by a listener as to what Jesus' place was in our history, she related the following. In 2002 she was contacted by a businessman in Brazil who wanted her to come to his area to investigate some UFO happenings.

She went & interviewed quite a few people related to the incidents. The farmer who had been taken aboard the UFO eventually related to her that Jesus was the head scientist of a project that had been here to correct some kind of a "knot in time" & that John the Baptist was part of the project as well!

One could understand how Linda might have been hesitant to relate this, as it goes against the skillfully woven "tale" that has been handed down to us over the centuries. This also adds confirmation to my conclusion that the Jesus Story was usurped by a corrupt Roman government to use as a mechanism with which to control the masses. I must say....it has worked for centuries...in my opinion!

There have been reports of other people having talked to Jesus on board a UFO; one that comes to mind(correct me if I'm wrong, Bill) is Bob Dean. Perhaps someone who follows James Gilliland could inform us if he has made the same claim? If all this is true, then we have NO IDEA about what is going on in the Universe! What a journey we are on!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Noelle (27th June 2018), Spellbound (16th June 2018)

15. Link to Post #588
    Thanks

Well, Foxie, I have to say that I had some very nagging realizations that indeed our timeline had been hijacked by the Romans, since the time of Christ and there were time travelers inserting themselves into this timeline to try and fix things. You can imagine what those thoughts did to my former world outlook.

And this from a very rebellious all my life Catholic school girl. Religion is religion any way you look at it. Baptist smaptist; Catholic smathlic.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th June 2018), Noelle (27th June 2018), Spellbound (16th June 2018), Tintin (29th June 2018)

17. Link to Post #589
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    There have been reports of other people having talked to Jesus on board a UFO; one that comes to mind(correct me if I'm wrong, Bill) is Bob Dean.
    Bob Dean said he knew Jesus in a past life and was friends with him. At that moment, when I heard Bob say this....he lost me. I chalked that up to UFO disease.

Dave - Toronto
    Last edited by Spellbound; 16th June 2018 at 20:22.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th June 2018), Noelle (27th June 2018)

19. Link to Post #590
    Thanks

This is why I'm hoping Bill will chime in & verify or deny.....he spent a lot of time with Bob Dean. I really don't think of Bob with "UFO disease"; he seemed to be just telling his story.(Not a la CG!) I don't even bother to listen to the "newcomers" as they could just be ripping off someone else's experience.

Bill was in on this "wave" from the beginning & has a lot of knowledge that I'm sure he really can't share with us. I was just blown away by the story told to LMH as it fit in with my own theory, but with more of an explanation. Take care, buddy!

I appreciate your interest, Spellbound! Where else but Avalon can one expose their ideas to an intelligent group of people without being pooh-poohed as being in La-La Land?!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Noelle (27th June 2018), Spellbound (16th June 2018), Tintin (29th June 2018)

21. Link to Post #591
    Thanks

Hi Foxie,

No worries, it's all good. I realized that comment would stir reactions as most everyone loves, respects, and honors Bob Dean as one of the true pioneers of ufology. He as a tremendous amount of charm and talks to folks as if he is their grandfather telling fascinating stories. I love Bob too, and I do believe in much of what he says......but for him to come forward in the last few years to suddenly say he knew Jesus in a past life....I'm sorry, but I immediately tune out. Not saying it's impossible, but I am saying it's highly improbable (and for him to come forward with this only in the last few years is what I meant by UFO disease....as if something of that magnitude needed to be said after everything else had already been said....so as to bump things up a notch).

I'm not meaning to offend anyone here, or to offend Bob Dean himself. I'm just calling it as I see it and how it resonated with me personally when I watched that interview.

Dave - Toronto

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th June 2018), Nasu (27th June 2018), Noelle (27th June 2018), Orph (28th June 2018)

23. Link to Post #592
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Maybe Bob wants people to know that there really was a Jesus, since many doubt it now in conspiracy theory circles.
    I'm sure there was such a person, though of course his story has been incredibly distorted.
    In view of the wonderful work Bob has been doing to uncover the truth, I have no problem imagining him as someone who would have known Jesus. I believe his wife is very clairvoyant, so he has probably done past life regressions. ( Bill might be able to tell us about that.)
    I doubt Bob would make such a claim if he didn't have good reason to believe he was correct.
    Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Noelle (27th June 2018), Spellbound (17th June 2018)

25. Link to Post #593
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Here's the start of the second chapter ("The Priest's Treasure") of THE JESUS PAPERS by Michael Baigent (2006). This is the entire book as a PDF:

Throughout my career I’ve enjoyed correspondence with other historians and researchers into the truth behind accepted history, but some letters demand more attention than others. This letter certainly did.
    “May I advise you that the ‘treasure’ is not one of gold and precious stones, but a document containing incontrovertible evidence that Jesus was alive in the year a.d. 45. The clues left behind by the good curé have never been understood, but it is clear from the script that a substitution was carried out by the extreme zealots on the journey to the place of execution. The document was exchanged for a very large sum and concealed or destroyed.”
    Richard Leigh, Henry Lincoln, and I simply didn’t know what to do with this note. It came from a respected and highly educated Church of England vicar, the Rev. Dr. Douglas William Guest Bartlett. By “the good curé” Bartlett was referring to the Abbé Béranger Saunière, the priest of the small hilltop village of Rennes le Château, nestled in the foothills of the Pyrenees.

Abbé Saunière was appointed priest at the village in 1885. His annual income was approximately ten dollars. He gained a notoriety that has lasted to the present day by obtaining, in the early 1890s, from mysterious sources, for equally mysterious reasons, considerable wealth. The key to his wealth was a discovery he made while restoring the church in 1891. But the “treasure” he found, according to Bartlett, was not the glittering deposit we had at first supposed (perhaps the lost treasure of the Temple in Jerusalem), but something far more extraordinary—some documents concerning Jesus and therefore the very basis of Christianity. At the time this seemed too wild for us to even consider and so we left it “on file.”

We had certainly suspected that something odd was going on in the dark corridors of history, but while working on Holy Blood, Holy Grail we were discovering all manner of unexpected and highly controversial data that would take us far away from the concerns of this letter, so we tabled it for future scrutiny. Jesus’s survival was simply not an important issue for us at that time, as our focus had become fixed on the possibility that prior to the crucifixion he had at least one child—or had left his wife pregnant. So whether Jesus’s life ended on the cross or not seemed irrelevant to our developing story of his marriage, the survival of his bloodline down through European history, and its symbolic expression in the stories of the Holy Grail, stories that formed the backbone of our best-selling book Holy Blood, Holy Grail, first published in 1982.

Yet, intrigued by this bland, outrageous, but confident letter, we kept returning to it. “What,” we asked ourselves, “would constitute ‘incontrovertible evidence’ that Jesus survived and was living long afterwards?” “What, in fact,” we thought, racking our brains, “would constitute incontrovertible evidence of anything in history?” Documents, we supposed, but what sort of documents would be beyond doubt?

The most believable documents, we thought, would be the most apparently mundane, those with no agenda to serve, no argument to support—an inventory perhaps, a historical equivalent of a shopping list. Something like a Roman legal document stating in a matter-of-fact manner: “Item: Alexandria, Fourth year of Claudius (a.d. 45), report of Jesus ben Joseph, an immigrant from Galilee, formerly tried and acquitted in Jerusalem by Pontius Pilate, today confirmed as the owner of a plot of land beyond the city walls.”

But it all seemed a bit far-fetched.

After Holy Blood, Holy Grail appeared and the dust had settled, out of personal curiosity more than anything else, we decided to visit the author of the letter and see what we could make of him. We needed to know whether he was believable or not. He lived in Leafield, Oxfordshire, a rural county of England comprising idyllic villages with stone houses centered upon the ancient university town of Oxford. The Rev. Bartlett lived in one of the small villages set in the higher country to the northwest of the county. We talked to him one afternoon in his garden, sitting on a wooden bench. It was the normality of the setting that made the topic of our conversation all the more remarkable.

“In the 1930s, I was living in Oxford,” reported the Rev. Bartlett. “In the same street was a ‘high-powered’ figure in the Church of England, Canon Alfred Lilley. I saw him every day.” Canon Alfred Leslie Lilley (1860–1948) had been, until his retirement in 1936, Canon and Chancellor of Hereford Cathedral. He was an expert in medieval French and for that reason was often consulted on difficult translation work.

During their daily talks, Lilley and Bartlett became closer, and Lilley eventually trusted Bartlett sufficiently to tell him an extraordinary story. In the early 1890s, Lilley reported, he had been asked by a young man, a former student of his, to travel to Paris to the Seminary of Saint Sulpice to advise on the translation of a strange document (or perhaps documents—Bartlett could no longer remember exactly) that had appeared from a source that was never divulged. At Saint Sulpice there was a group of scholars whose task it was to comb through all the documents that came in—a task performed, Lilley suspected, at the request of a Vatican cardinal. The scholars asked for help on the translation because they couldn’t really make out the text. Perhaps it seemed so outrageous to them that they thought they were misunderstanding it in some manner.

“They didn’t know that it was so close to the bone,” Bartlett recalled Lilley explaining. “Lilley said that they wouldn’t have a long and happy life if certain people knew about it. It was a very delicate matter. Lilley laughed over what was going to happen when the French priests told anyone about it. He didn’t know what happened to them [the documents], but he thought that they had changed hands for a large sum of money and had ended up in Rome.” In fact, Lilley thought that the Church would ultimately destroy these documents.

Lilley was quite certain that these documents were authentic. They were extraordinary and upset many of our ideas about the Church. Contact with the material, he said, led to an unorthodoxy. Lilley did not know for certain where the documents had come from but believed that they had once been in the possession of the heretical Cathars in the south of France during the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, even though they were much older. He was also sure that following the demise of the Cathars the documents had been held in Switzerland until the wars of the fourteenth century, when they were taken to France.

“By the end of his life,” Bartlett explained, “Lilley had come to the conclusion that there was nothing in the Gospels that one could be certain about. He had lost all conviction of truth.”

Henry and I were stunned. Bartlett was no fool. Not only was he a church minister with a master’s degree from one of the Oxford colleges, but he also held a science degree in physics and chemistry from the University of Wales, as well as a medical degree, also from Oxford. He was a member of the Royal College of Surgeons and the Royal College of Physicians. To call him highly educated was something of an understatement. He clearly admired Canon Lilley and greatly respected his learning and had no doubt whatsoever that Lilley had been accurately describing the document, or documents, he had seen during that trip to Paris. We needed to study Lilley and see if we could glean any further information about the material concerning Jesus and determine who at the Seminary of Saint Sulpice and the Vatican might have had an interest in it.

Here's an excellent hour and a half interview with Michael Baigent. It might be very much enjoyed by anyone who's familiar with him and appreciates his excellent and significant body of work.

In the interview he presents, among many other things, the strong evidence for Jesus having survived the crucifixion.

The audio was recorded in Sept 2011. Baigent sadly passed less than two years later, in June 2013. He was a outstanding (and formidable) scholar, committed to the truth, wherever it lay.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th June 2018 at 22:21.

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (28th June 2018), drneglector (28th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th June 2018), gaiagirl (27th June 2018), Hervé (27th June 2018), Nasu (27th June 2018), Noelle (27th June 2018), onawah (28th June 2018), RunningDeer (28th June 2018), Sophocles (27th June 2018), Spellbound (27th June 2018), Tintin (28th June 2018), Valerie Villars (28th June 2018)

27. Link to Post #594
    Thanks

Am listening now. Heretics. What is a heretic but someone who wanted to know the truth?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (28th June 2018), Icare (28th June 2018), Spellbound (28th June 2018), Tintin (28th June 2018)

29. Link to Post #595
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Am listening now. Heretics. What is a heretic but someone who wanted to know the truth?
    I've downloaded it and added it to my playlist for when I drive to my cottage next month for my summer vacation. I'm doing the same with a few goodies from the Avalon library.

Dave - Toronto

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th June 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (28th June 2018), Tintin (28th June 2018)

31. Link to Post #596
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    I've downloaded it and added it to my playlist for when I drive to my cottage next month for my summer vacation. I'm doing the same with a few goodies from the Avalon library.

Here's another rare interview that's super-rich and detailed in its historical analysis of the 'real' Jesus.

Michael Baigent talks to William Henry on Whitley Strieber's 'Dreamland' in 2010: (47 mins)

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (28th June 2018), Spellbound (28th June 2018), ThePythonicCow (28th June 2018), Tintin (29th June 2018), Valerie Villars (28th June 2018)

33. Link to Post #597
    Thanks

Thank you, sir. I've just added it.

Dave - Toronto

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th June 2018)

35. Link to Post #598
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    Thank you, sir. I've just added it.
    It's very rich. Baigent explains his conclusions that
    • Jesus had his initiation in Egypt when he was young
    • Pontius Pilate was complicit in Jesus surviving the crucifixion
    • Mary Magdalene was indeed his wife
    ...and tells the intriguing story (also recounted in The Jesus Papers) of how he once held an ancient Aramaic letter in his hand that was in a private antiquities collection.

To his frustration, he could not read it himself, but he was told it was written by Jesus himself to the Sanhedrin — saying that there was a misunderstanding: he was NOT claiming to be the 'Son of God', but instead explained that he embodied the Spirit of God.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 28th June 2018 at 01:38.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

drneglector (28th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th June 2018), Sophocles (28th June 2018), Spellbound (28th June 2018), Valerie Villars (28th June 2018), Wind (29th June 2018)

37. Link to Post #599
    Thanks

I am listening to the above interview which is really very good. The author states there is evidence that out of Narbonne, France there is a Jesus lineage. So I looked up Narbonne and came upon the coat of arms.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narbonn...r_Narbonne.svg

What's interesting to me is there is a key on the coat of arms, that was shown to me during my awakening. It's the exact same key I have on a necklace given to me by my grandmother. I wonder if that is a clue that some of Jesus's descendants really did come from there.

Jesus figured prominently in my awakening.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2018), drneglector (28th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th June 2018), Icare (28th June 2018), Spellbound (28th June 2018), ThePythonicCow (28th June 2018)

39. Link to Post #600
    Thanks

Well, I am done listening to the interview and it was one of the most insightful, fascinating interviews I have ever heard. I read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and loved it. I also read the "DaVinci Code" which I thought was pure garbage.

I'm defintely going to have to read more of his books. Thanks Bill.

Just finished listenening to the other interview above and this man iFs right on the money. Full of really intriguing, truthful information regarding initiations and the real ministry of Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 28th June 2018 at 18:13.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2018), Spellbound (28th June 2018), ThePythonicCow (28th June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst 1 20 30 35 LastLast