+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst 1 16 26 35 LastLast

Thread: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

1. Link to Post #501
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

***BUMPALICIOUSNESS***

Choc and others I've been wondering about the symbolism on the tomb. It's gnostic "masonic" isn't it? Yes...I'm too lazy to go back in the thread to check. I have a theory, but I need to read/research more before I make any definite conclusions.

I'm also curious! Are there any documented links between this tomb and Absalom's Pillar?
    Last edited by Milneman; 6th February 2014 at 21:45.

2. Link to Post #502
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote Posted by Apteka (here)
    Call me crazy but I think what we have in the NT is a rather accurate representation of who Jesus was. These accounts were written in a time when witness followers of Jesus were still alive, and the Jews and Hellinists of that period already had a system of verbatim memorization to commit many of the teachings and events to a stable oral tradition (and no, this is nothing like a game of telephone.) I don't know why people side with the Gnostic literature considering it is (1) of a much later time period, sometimes centuries after Christ lived (2) of a much more dubious authority and (3) often contradictory. Please note the Gnostics were not persecuted by the Romans even though the Christians were. The Gnostic religion was much more accommodating to Roman society and so it was tolerated. The reason why the Gnostics "lost" is that there was too much in-fighting between Gnostic sects, they simply could not agree on the story! What we would call the mainstream orthodox group however had a very consistent, unified narration. We see as early as the mid second century figures like Ireneus of Lyon, who himself was a student of Polycarp, who inturn was a student of the Apostle John, arguing that the "gnosis" of the Gnostics has absolutely no foundation, for unlike Ireneus who could demonstrate a chain of transmission to an Apostle and ultimately Christ, the Gnostics only claimed to be possessors of knowledge. Gnosticism is really a much more ancient system than Christianity, which a segment later incorporate Christ into its metanarrative. Other legends and folklore in Europe of Mary Magdelene and the Apostle John arriving in France is just untenable history in my opinion.

Lastly, I know the Roman Church gets a bad rap, but it's based on a false paradigm. The Roman Church is not the only Church, there are other independent Churches of Apostolic origin, e.g. Greek Orthodox, Coptic, Ethiopian, etc. The notion that the Roman Church in Europe somehow manipulated all the other Churches is something I've never quite understood, even though it is a popular belief. I can assure everyone that the Greek Orthodox are no fan of the Roman Church, but even they will admit that many points of Rome, particularly in doctrine, are absolutely correct. In fact, these two "enemies" are more alike one another than different. The point being that any claim to some later corruption of Jesus' teaching has to take into account these other Christian communities, the task of corruption would not be an easy thing at all, in fact I dare say it would be impossible.

Just my two cents!

This is my first post here upon this wonderful forum and I am on page 17 of this wonderful thread!

I have to ask a question here.

The Romans conquered Palestine in 6 AD and had total control of the region in the time of Jesus Christ and of the Jews also, however the Jews had three huge revolts that took many Roman legions to suppress and my question is to what fueled these revolts and why were they put down so vigorously by the Roman authorities?

And so why did the Jews reject Jesus as there messiah?

And so maybe they witnessed what the Romans did and simply refused to go along?

Who really is in charge of all of this?

All of this is proof at least for me that there is some entity that is not in favor of humanity and I simply and humbly do not agree with its agenda......

I would look at the gnostic literature very favorably since some scrolls sat in a cave for 2000 years and were recently found.
    And it would appear that what the modern bible says and what these scrolls say is worlds apart in meaning.

When the Christian Church became powerful Rome fell and maybe that was the point of the Christian church?

Humanity had shifted and this was Rome's reaction to this by creating Christianity as we know it?

I humbly and simply am asking a question....

Nine

3. Link to Post #503
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Welcome Nine!

My understanding is that the Jews rejected Jesus because they viewed the cross as a curse. Pre-crucifixion, imagine anyone walking up to you as head priest at the great temple of Solomon in Jerusalem, saying he was the son of the God you purported to sacrifice to...that's not a good thing.

This is a complicated question that I wandered into several months ago when I first joined Avalon. I am myself a Christian, but I'm not a church-going Christian. This leaves me open to some ideas that organized religion may in fact view as heresy. Something I would suggest doing is to read the gnostic texts in context with existing scripture. Don't concern yourself with proper translations. I know I'm going to get flamed for that one. lol Truth has a way of seeping through words, even if they happen to be mis-translated, or used in contexts that may not be accurate.

A great example of this is the word "logos" used in John. "Logos" as translated as "word" is in fact one of the minor translations, Logos is actually also translatable as knowledge, grounds, plea, and reason (like common sense reason) and...law. If you re-read John with some of this in mind, it really opens up the possibilities to different contexts that in fact almost seem more significant than word.

Some people will give compelling evidence to the idea that Christianity was hijacked by political ideals and used/manipulated as a means of controlling the "vox populi". In fact, if you look at the vast majority of doctrine in established Christian sources from the standard RC Catechism to more modern teachings, there is a definite truth to this! Something that when I begun posting in this thread, I was adamant about.

So where does this leave us in terms of answering the questions you ask?

Well, this is from the ancient historian Josephus:

The Jewish Revolt of 66 to 70 AD/CE had its origin in several different troubles identified by Josephus. At various points in his work he specifically names different events as "the" cause of the war, either as an immediate trigger or as a fundamental motive.

These include:
    -the involvement of governor Albinus with criminal gangs
    -the removal of rights of Jews in Caesarea
    -the pollution of the synagogue of Caesarea
    -the murder of High Priest Jonathan
    -the murder of High Priest Ananias
    -the refusal to sacrifice to the Emperor
    -the Fourth Philosophy that held divine assistance would come to a rebellion: "the infection which spread from them among the younger sort, who became zealous for it, brought the public to destruction."
    -the criminal acts and abuse of authority on the part of governor Gessius Florus
    -a conspiracy on the part of Florus
    -a certain ambiguous oracle (War 6.5.4)

From these specific incidents the chief causes of the war in Josephus' eyes can be identified. Emphasized throughout his work is the cruelty and corruption of the the Roman administrators, particularly those serving under Emperor Nero. Next in importance, judging by the amount of attention Josephus gives, was an extremist party that mixed nationalism with a religious ideal: to free the Holy Land from the powers of the world so that it would be only under the governance of Heaven. Between these two opposing forces there played themes of class and ethnic conflict which polarized the nation. The repeated robberies, riots, and uprisings these caused were kept in check by the harsh actions of the administrators, which in turn caused resentment among the populace, forming the familiar cycle of protest/response/protesting the response, common to the escalation of rebellions.

Who's really in charge of all of this? That's the best question of the lot.

And the simplest to answer. You are.

The heart of what Bill is trying to say here, and others, is that there is a real, significant message that gets missed by the window dressing, the politics, the smoke and bells. Reading between the lines takes a lot of practice, and it takes an effort because one has to detach one's self from an emotional involvement to personal beliefs and practices. As a Christian in this regard, this is a very, very difficult thing to do. But not impossible. And in reality, I suspect that what the core beliefs I have as a Christian are in this context actually pretty close, if not the same, to most of what everyone here at Avalon believes.

It will be as easy or as difficult to find your answers as you decided it to be. And you're among good company, and some good scholarship and scholars here to help you out.

Again, welcome.

Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see, and you will find the answers.
    Last edited by Milneman; 17th February 2014 at 22:48.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Hazelfern (18th February 2014), pabranno (20th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #504
    Thanks

Dearest Milneman,

Thank you for your very kind post.

Why would anyone here flame you for discussing this issue with Me?

Was not Josephus a Jew who was with the Roman command? A traitor to his people.....as it were....or maybe he was part of the plot.

I believe that there was more than the curse of the cross in why the Jewish leaders rejected all of this and I think it had to do with what was taught by the Essines of that time and I believe that the real Jesus was involved in these issues with Rome and these teachings were obviously very enticing to the working classes of the day....

After the first Jewish war from 66 to 70 did not Rome level Jerusalem? And kill near a million Jews? A huge genocide? And destroy the temple? How can a prophesy of a holy book be accurate when the Romans controlled the scribes and rabbi's?
    Could you not after the fact "pen" in what you needed?

No I feel these things need scholarship and examination ....

Who was left of the Jews after that event? Only those subservient to the Romans I believe. And that means control over the Jewish scribes and what they wrote as a conquered people since the victor writes the history of the conflict.

Even Herod had ties through blood and marriage to the Roman aristocracy.

Why is any of this important today? I believe its important because a huge group of American Christians who view the scriptures literally are harsh and have accepted war as a way of life for America.

I know this because I used to be one of them. I was a born again literal bible believing Zionist christian until one day and it was near over night my programing was simply broken and I was in a sense really born again.....as it were....

That sense of being lied to and of course what Inelia Benz talks about with Ascension which equals an expansion of awareness.

I had nothing to do with this process it just happened....

I simply am living a charmed life now and I am a very happy person in spite of what is going on in our society and world. And yet I am so glad for this opportunity to share what I believe or my perspective on this wonderful site.

I have no agenda except for the truth.

Nine

6. Link to Post #505
    Deactivated
    Thanks

From the Talmud, I believe...

"God wanted man to be able to know Him intimately, so He created spirituality. Then, seeing this, Satan created religion."

Believing scripture as literal truth...hmm...why do I scratch my head at that? Even Ambrose recognized that sometimes there is allegory. How does one tell the difference? If one's got some common sense, the answer should be pretty plain I'd say.

Read anything by Alvin Plantinga, and must, must, must read Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

sunflower (15th October 2014)

8. Link to Post #506
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

I recommend Alvin Boyd Kuhn. You can him free on Kindle. I just started reading it and what I got so far is: We are born into death and die into life. Pretty deep stuff.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

Milneman (20th February 2014)

10. Link to Post #507
    Thanks

Dearest Milneman and dearest MargueriteBee,

I do not wish to return to traditional Christianity since my mind has been unhived and maybe unhinged.....as it were....but certainly unboxed.....

I believe that I have been freed from this captivity and its like my mind was captive within a box and both my mind and that box have both expanded exponentially....

This is quite curious and I am extremely hopeful for my fellow humans and we certainly do have a chance of it.....as it were....

And my dearest thanks to Bill Ryan for his download on page 5 of this thread for which I am most grateful and since I am ignorant on such issues. He has provided me much material to read.

I seem to have been given an ability to feel things and along with my mind I am trying to find the truth of this matter and so our controllers have taken much from us yet even so within these things there might be a way to confront them and maybe in the end win....

I sense some type of time line from 2000 years ago repeating itself or maybe coming together and so I feel these things yet can not prove these things with history nor scholarship....obviously direct rebellion did not work for humanity the first time around.....

It makes little sense to me and of course no sense to those who read my ramblings.....and of course I am grateful for your patience in these matters.....

Nine

11. Link to Post #508
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Some news. In Italian translated on my PC.

http://www.mitiemisteri.it/misteri_n...a_di_gesu.html

The ongoing process in Israel for eleven years has finally confirmed, scientific evidence, archaeological and chemical in hand, that the James Ossuary not is a fake, a subject whose importance is such that it sparked one of the greatest cover-up of the last century and the current one.
    history of this finding is so controversial, so complex and so dangerous to worry significantly exponents the higher clergy Vatican maximum of Israeli academic institutions and the government of Israel itself. The ossuary of James the Just, the brother of Jesus is in fact the first archaeological evidence of the existence of the Master of Nazareth and his blood brothers, as taught in the Gospels.

Name:  ossario_giacomo_giusto1_med.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  40.0 KB

testimony of the historian Luke, in Acts (12:13) James clearly states that he died by the sword in 44 CE by order of Herod Agrippa I, and was the first of the twelve apostles to die as a martyr. A COMPLICATED PUZZLE To redial this intricate affair, you need to take a step back back to the year of discovery ossuary of James, in 2002, Oded Golan, known collector and connoisseur of ancient Israel, contacted the prof. André Lemaire, the maximum epigraphist Semitic world, at the Sorbonne in Paris, to show him a series of high-quality pieces and in particular to get some expert advice on a small ossuary roughly dated to the first century. Lemaire, looking at various exhibits was quite impressed in noting the inscription on one side: "Yaakov bar Yoseph achui de Yeshua" or "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus" According to the linguists, scholars of ancient Hebrew and archaeologists who studied the ossuary, it actually dates back to the first century. To enroll, there was some doubt only the last part, the brother of Jesus In fact, while the names given to him were caught quite common, the survey statistics of the thousands of ossuaries found indicated that the presence of all three names in the same inscription was extremely rare: it meant a high probability that the three persons mentioned were the ones mentioned by the Gospels. Basically it was the first archaeological evidence and not merely textual existence of Jesus of Nazareth, a discovery extraordinary, the only one of its kind ever emerged in the world of biblical archeology. Only between 30 and 70 AD, the Jews used this method of burial. After a available to the dead in catacombs for about a year, the bones were then placed in ossuaries of medium size, decorated with inscriptions and carved details. The statistical survey left no room for doubt. on this all scholars agree. The pivotal text for this type of study is: Yizhaq Levi Rahmani, A Catalogue of Jewish ossuaries in the Collections of the State of Israel (Jerusalem: Israel Antiquities Authority, 1994. The only doubt was on the end of the epigraph: "( ...), brother of Jesus "that you thought had been falsified and artificially aged. Intrigued by this news and desiring to write a book on this topic, over the years I have heard several times with André Lemaire for expert advice at the highest levels and the scholar French remained the same opinion, supported by various experts in this field. biblical archeology But the world suffered an earthquake of unusual proportions: this discovery sparked such an uproar from the ecclesiastical authorities to intervene and security services of different countries. THE REASON? If the ossuary was indeed the case of the bones of the apostle James, one of the brothers of Jesus, it would undermined the Catholic dogma of Mary semprevergine, and still would have renewed the interest in the figure of the teacher of Nazareth, thing that Judaism and Islam would have gladly avoided. Additional reasons for such a purely political are also to be taken into account and, in fact, the findings immediately began to suffer strange incidents: the first occurred on 31 December 2002, during the exhibition organized at the Royal Ontario Museum (Canada). At the time of releasing the ossuary from its packaging, shortly after his arrival, the technicians of the museum noticed with horror that had some cracks, one of which he had just about turned on so much controversy. Another was an attempt to block Oded Golan, discrediting him as a forger, was established a process in which the IAA (Israeli Archaeological Authority) and the Government of Israel supported the part of the prosecution, while Oded Golan, the ossuary and its employees were the accused. In fact, the Golan has been accused and convicted of having falsified at least one other specimen, and this has helped to muddy the waters. ONE OF THE MOST 'AMAZING COVER - UP OF HISTORY It is a mystery of enormous: one is struck observing how the media have broadcast the documentary that explained these twelve years as the ossuary was now exposed as a fake well done and counterfeiters now coming to the conviction. Some of these movies have aired in Italy. Yet, more and more scholars over the years, and this is the best specialists in the world, after testing and scientific investigations have convinced themselves that the prosecution had no basis for a finding of false well done. To try to understand where the same truth, I turned to André Lemaire, who wrote to me: "(...) the ossuary is absolutely authentic but there are political and religious forces interested in get rid of the relic." A cover-up of unprecedented proportions, the drama which took place right before our eyes. At the time of writing, the suspects group of Oded Golan have been acquitted, no charges have yet been proven, even the court drops accusation after another. Even the judge advised the IAA and the Israeli government to drop the case as the latest chemical investigations have verified that this is not a fake: after years of painstaking analysis of the entire membership has been verified authentic. SEVENTH SEPULCHRE On 24 June 2009, while he was leaving Italy in my book THE SEVENTH TOMB (Eremon Editions, whose plot revolves around the tomb of James), Oded Golan invited me to call him in Israel, I called him and he told me with great kindness how things really were. initially While some scholars argued the prosecution's case, now all scientists were unanimous: the deposited film was found to be about authentic for laboratory analysis. It also found a microorganism that proliferated and about

ossuary, a fungus that employs at least one hundred years to grow a few inches. It covered to a certain part of the ossuary and in particular it noted the presence over the entire entry. This meant that his timing was forced to go back to many centuries ago, and the same goes for the entire inscription.
    Golan I did the same question that I put in his time in Lemaire, how come there was so much noise about the ossuary and he I gave the same answer expert French: "(...) This is a very sensitive issue because the Vatican does not admit the existence of the brothers of Jesus addition, the IAA and the government had argued that the parties had raised such a fuss that now there's a real question of image: the IAA lobby is very powerful and admit a glaring error would have been detrimental
    to its public credibility. In addition, several scholars at the beginning they were afraid to go against the highest authority for the control of archaeological and then decided in a first moment of meeting its evaluations. But now everything is clear, the process goes forward, and the court is less and less convinced of the initial thesis. The process could end up in a few months but IAA and the Israeli government does not want to lose face and continue undeterred a battle they have already lost. "
    An extraordinary mystery under the eyes of all: the truth is out in the open clear and limpid, but for the general public, influenced by the vision - offered by the media - totally wrong of the matter, the finding has remained a fake.
    TOMB THE SEVENTH In the novel I tried to do justice to this crime publicly denouncing these events. In the book, the pr otagonisti come face to face with this case that is unbelievable because it is absolutely real. It directly meet the protagonists of this story in a mix between reality and fiction extraordinarily intriguing.
    For further information, please report below the final article of the authoritative Biblical Archaeology Review
    The problem basically is that it remains a specialist information confidential and restricted to a select audience, that of biblical archeology specialists, however you will find the latest news at the following link of the magazine BAR (Bible Archaeology Review): www.biblicalarchaeology.org . The magazine in the many articles devoted to the trial of the century, for a decade, has always maintained that the James Ossuary is not a fake: the court has permanently closed process, stating that "the relic is authentic. The certification is now established and beyond any reasonable doubt. Oded Golan is acquitted of all charges. " THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF JESUS ​​'AND THE DOGMA OF VIRGINITY' ETERNAL MARIA On 1 November 1950, Pope Pius XII, Eugenio Pacelli, who as a representative of the Vatican signed the Concordat with Hitler (1933) instituted a new dogma that the faithful would have to accept as a mystery of faith, not provable, the so-called dogma of Mary semprevergine. With it you called the state of the perpetual virginity of the Mother of Jesus even after his marriage to Joseph. explanation put forward by the Catholic authorities to support the dogma of Mary, ever virgin does not fit with the testimony of the Gospels. The greek word used in the Gospels (also in subsequent translations where there was an original Aramaic / Hebrew) never indicates cousins ​​or relatives in the generic sense, as the Church, but give blood brothers, sons of the same mother or uterus. Moreover Matthew 1 : 24:25 clearly states: "And Joseph awoke from his sleep and did as the angel of Jehovah had said to him and took his wife home. But he had no sexual relations with her ​​until she gave birth to a son, and gave him the name Jesus " The four Gospels, the Acts of the Apostles, and two of Paul's letters mention the "brothers of the Lord," "the Lord's brother" "his brothers", "her sisters", indicating to name four of these "brothers": James, Joseph, Simon and Judas. (Cf. Mt 12:46, 13:55, 56; Mr 3:31, Lu 8:19, Jn 2:12, Acts 1:14, 1 Cor 9:5, Gal 1:19). Scholars are in general agree that Jesus' family was composed of two parents and at least four brothers and two sisters, all natural children of Joseph and Mary, during the ministry of Jesus, "his brothers did not exercise faith in him," and this certainly rule out that they were his brothers in the spiritual sense. (John 7:3-5).

More here. http://www.mitiemisteri.it/misteri_n...a_di_gesu.html

Peace
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Alekahn2 (20th March 2014), Atlas (20th March 2014), birddog (19th March 2014), Grizz Griswold (20th April 2014), halffull (19th March 2014), Hervé (19th March 2014), Jeffrey (20th March 2014), Ulyse30 (28th May 2014)

13. Link to Post #509
    Thanks

Dearest Billy,

I am a busy person and your writing style is hard to read and yet I did try to wade through it and I simply find little truth in the matter....

Of course most importantly I as a person was lacking in the most basics of learning or intelligence since I became a "born again evangelical Zionist Christian" and I would think that with that said any critique of you would be laughable....as it were....

However I have come to my senses now and one can not "bull**** a bull****ter" as it were....

Does this mean I reject what you say? No....but your presentation seems to me to be difficult to understand in its present form....

And with that said since becoming free I find the New Age confusing....as it were....they seem to be the same as where I came from if that is at all possible with the greatest of humility with that statement.....

Nine

14. Link to Post #510
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Quote Posted by Billy (here)
    ...the James Ossuary not is a fake...
    Previously on this thread, I posted this:

Quote Posted by buares (here)
    In her Official Report on the James Ossuary, Dr. Rochelle Altman concludes:

"If the entire inscription on the ossuary is genuine, then somebody has to explain why there are two hands, two different scripts, two different social strata, two different levels of execution, two different levels of literacy, and two different carvers. They could also explain where the frame has gone.

The ossuary itself is undoubtedly genuine; the well-executed and formal first part of the inscription is a holographic original by a literate (and wealthy) survivor of Jacob bar Yosef, probably sometime during the Herodian period. The second part of the inscription bears the hallmarks of a fraudulent later addition, probably around the 3rd or 4th centuries, and is questionable to say the least."
    Another study published in the Open Journal of Geology Vol4, N3, March 2014:

"The Authenticity of the James Ossuary" by Amnon Rosenfeld, Howard R. Feldman and Wolfgang E. Krumbein:

Quote Abstract

An archaeometric analysis of the James Ossuary inscription “James Son of Joseph Brother of Jesus” strengthens the contention that the ossuary and its engravings are authentic. The beige patina can be observed on the surface of the ossuary, continuing gradationally into the engraved inscription. Fine long striations made by the friction of falling roof rocks continuously crosscut the letters. Many dissolution pits are superimposed on several of the letters of the inscription. In addition to calcite and quartz, the patina contains the following minerals: apatite, whewellite and weddelite (calcium oxalate). These minerals result from the biogenic activity of microorganisms that require a long period of time to form a bio-patina. Moreover, the heterogeneous existence of wind-blown microfossils (nannofossils and foraminifers) and quartz within the patina of the ossuary, including the lettering zone, reinforces the authenticity of the inscription. (Download PDF)
    Last edited by Atlas; 20th March 2014 at 19:12.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Milneman (14th April 2014)

16. Link to Post #511
    United States Avalon Member birddog's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Milneman, The symbol has deep meaning for me....Stargate. The true stargate is a large triangle, probably about 10' tall, and also probably solid gold. The circle within symbols the travelers pathway.

http://s2.postimg.org/71068on5l/chevron.jpg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to birddog For This Post:

CD7 (2nd May 2014)

18. Link to Post #512
    Deactivated
    Thanks

In the interest of open and fair academic considerations to this thread, I present the following links to be considered.

A letter written by Francois Bovon, Harvard:

http://sbl-site.org/publications/art...?articleId=656

As I was interviewed for the Discovery Channel's program The Lost Tomb of Jesus, I would like to express my opinion here.

First, I have now seen the program and am not convinced of its main thesis. When I was questioned by Simcha Jacobovici and his team the questions were directed toward the Acts of Philip and the role of Mariamne in this text. I was not informed of the whole program and the orientation of the script.

Second, having watched the film, in listening to it, I hear two voices, a kind of double discours. On one hand there is the wish to open a scholarly discussion; on the other there is the wish to push a personal agenda. I must say that the reconstructions of Jesus' marriage with Mary Magdalene and the birth of a child belong for me to science fiction.

Third, to be more credible, the program should deal with the very ancient tradition of the Holy Sepulcher, since the emperor Constantine in the fourth century C.E. built this monument on the spot at which the emperor Hadrian in the second century C.E. erected the forum of Aelia Capitolina and built on it a temple to Aphrodite at the place where Jesus' tomb was venerated.

Fourth, I do not believe that Mariamne is the real name of Mary of Magdalene. Mariamne is, besides Maria or Mariam, a possible Greek equivalent, attested by Josephus, Origen, and the Acts of Philip, for the Semitic Myriam.

Fifth, the Mariamne of the Acts of Philip is part of the apostolic team with Philip and Bartholomew; she teaches and baptizes. In the beginning, her faith is stronger than Philip's faith. This portrayal of Mariamne fits very well with the portrayal of Mary of Magdala in the Manichean Psalms, the Gospel of Mary, and Pistis Sophia. My interest is not historical, but on the level of literary traditions. I have suggested this identification in 1984 already in an article of New Testament Studies.

Franįois Bovon, Harvard Divinity School

The following pdf written by Dr. Michael Heiser. Mike Heiser earned an M.A. (1998) and Ph.D. (2004) in Hebrew Bible and Ancient Semitic Languages from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His dissertation was entitled, "The Divine Council in Late Canonical and Non-Canonical Second Temple Jewish Literature" (English translation: the dissertation dealt with the presence of a pantheon in the Hebrew Bible and the binitarian nature of ancient Israelite religion and Judaism, a backdrop for the the belief in the deity of Christ in the New Testament). Before going to the UW-Madison, Mike also earned an M.A. in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania (1992; major fields, Ancient Syria-Palestine and Egyptology). Mike can do translation work in roughly a dozen ancient languages, among them Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Greek, Aramaic, Syriac, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Phoenician, Moabite, and Ugaritic cuneiform. He has also studied Akkadian and Sumerian independently.

Mike has taught over two dozen courses over the span of 15 years of undergraduate teaching. He is currently the Academic Editor at Logos Bible Software in Bellingham, WA. In 2007 the Pacific Northwest region of the Society of Biblical Literature awarded Mike its Regional Scholar award.

http://www.michaelsheiser.com/M%20Heiser%20Ossuary.pdf

This is a short paper, very informative. The conclusion:

Given the carelessness with which 704 is carved, the statistical probability that there could have been as many as 20 families with members named Jesus and Joseph, and the fact that Mary is also among the most common names witnessed in first century artifacts, Gardner's argument can be (pun intended) laid to rest.
    It’s unfortunate, though, that scholars are either uninformed of this object or do not bother to critically demonstrate the lack of reliable ancient documentary material to a Jesus survival or bloodline. Where are the Jesus Seminar critics when you need them?

Posted this as well before, although it seemed to have gone unnoticed. Wikipedia.

2008 Princeton Symposium[edit]
    Following a symposium ("Third Princeton Theological Seminary Symposium on Jewish Views of the Afterlife and Burial Practices in Second Temple Judaism: Evaluating the Talpiot Tomb in Context") held in Jerusalem in January 2008, the media interest in the Talpiot tomb was reignited with most notably Time[15] and CNN[16] devoting extensive coverage, hailing the case as being reopened. In particular Simcha Jacobovici is reported to have issued statements to the press saying the symposium has reopened the case and that he felt "totally vindicated".[17] Jacobovici has denied making any such press release.[18]

It was during this symposium that Ruth Gat, while accepting a posthumous award for Yosef Gat, announced: "My husband, the lead archaeologist of the East Talpiot tomb in southern Jerusalem, believed that the tomb he excavated in 1980 was, indeed, the tomb of Jesus of Nazareth and his family."[19]

Following the media's portrayal scholars present at the symposium accused Simcha Jacobovici and James Cameron of misleading the media in claiming the symposium reopened their theory as viable. Several scholars, including significantly all of the archaeologists and epigraphers, who had delivered papers at the symposium issued an open letter of complaint claiming misrepresentation, saying that Jacobovici and Cameron's claims of support from the symposium are "nothing further from the truth".[20]

The list of scholars who signed the open letter of criticism included:

Professor Jodi Magness, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
    Professor Eric M. Meyers, Duke University
    Choon-Leon Seow, Princeton Theological Seminary
    F.W. Dobbs-Allsopp, Princeton Theological Seminary
    Lee McDonald, Princeton Theological Seminary, visiting
    Rachel Hachlili, Haifa University
    Motti Aviam, University of Rochester
    Amos Kloner, Bar Ilan University
    Christopher Rollston, Emmanuel School of Religion
    Shimon Gibson, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
    Joe Zias, Science and Antiquity Group, Jerusalem
    Jonathan Price, Tel Aviv University
    C.D. Elledge, Gutavus Adolphus College

Joe Zias, Senior Curator of Archaeology/Anthropology for the Israel Antiquities Authority 1972-1997, cited a leaked memo issued from James Tabor before the symposium as proof of "outside intervention by Simcha and Tabor in order to distort the agenda and skew the proceedings in a way that was favorable to their pre-conceived plan".[21] Géza Vermes issued a statement saying that the arguments for the Talpiot tomb are not "just unconvincing but insignificant".[22] That "Discounting a handful, headed by James Tabor and Simcha Jacobovici, the maker of the documentary, The Lost Tomb of Jesus, most of the fifty or so participants shared this opinion"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talpiot_Tomb
    Last edited by Milneman; 14th April 2014 at 05:20.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Atlas (14th April 2014), Billy (8th July 2014), Hazel (10th November 2014), sunflower (15th October 2014)

20. Link to Post #513
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by birddog (here)
    Hi Milneman, The symbol has deep meaning for me....Stargate. The true stargate is a large triangle, probably about 10' tall, and also probably solid gold. The circle within symbols the travelers pathway.

http://s2.postimg.org/71068on5l/chevron.jpg

Hey Birddog!

Can you point out the peer-reviewed stuff on this for me? I'm not familiar with any stargate stuff in the literature.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Nine (25th April 2014)

22. Link to Post #514
    Thanks

Hi Milneman,

I will answer all or most of your questions on another part of the forum in the near future.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to birddog For This Post:

Milneman (17th April 2014)

24. Link to Post #515
    Great Britain Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thanks, have had a hard time separating Jesus from all the junk. Good to know, as I love Him.

25. Link to Post #516
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 987 posts

July 8, 2014

The film "Heaven is for Real" can be watched at ffilms.org

The ebook "Heaven is for Real" can be found at http://ebookbrowsee.net/ (warning: ebookbrowsee.net may cause virus alerts as reported here last time I posted the site). I personally never had a problem and have downloaded many many ebooks of every subject.

26. Link to Post #517
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

dear Bill... donīt want to drive you crazy but i have two questions:
    1-Who wrote the book of Enoch and the bible?
    2... for this one i have to explain myself: I saw "Marcus, the Servant King" he explains verywell the scams like religion(for God believers) and evolutionism (for the non God believers), so
    Could the ufo fenomena (true story with a dark twist, just try to change the word Jesus for ufo in your post) be the latest scam???
    Donīt know, as usual too much evidence.... if someone knows is you..

Thanks in advance and love straigt to you

27. Link to Post #518
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by betoobig (here)
    dear Bill... donīt want to drive you crazy but i have two questions:
    1-Who wrote the book of Enoch and the bible?
    2... for this one i have to explain myself: I saw "Marcus, the Servant King" he explains verywell the scams like religion(for God believers) and evolutionism (for the non God believers), so
    Could the ufo fenomena (true story with a dark twist, just try to change the word Jesus for ufo in your post) be the latest scam???
    Donīt know, as usual too much evidence.... if someone knows is you..

Thanks in advance and love straigt to you

If i may step in here. I take you refer to the OT.

As to who the original authors were, we do not know. But the stories are taken from the Jewish Torah where there is a book of Enoch , Which in turn were taken from the Sumerian Civilization. The origins of both are Sumerian.

Maybe this thread can shed some light for you On Ufo's the Bible and Enoch.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...iterally-UFO-s

peace
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Billy For This Post:

betoobig (16th August 2014)

29. Link to Post #519
    Thanks

Hi Milneman,

I saw the true stargates when I traveled to Mars while OOB some years ago. There were many, as somebody was collecting them. They appeared to be solid gold, about 10' tall when upright, although only about 4 were upright, with the rest laying on the ground nearby. I walked up the stairs to the first standing stargate, and the other 3 were immediately behind this one, about 10 feet apart. Then I heard a voice say, "What are YOU doing here?". I looked, and there was an alien looking at me, and I walked into the stargate, and I was home.

There are many truths on TV shows such as Star Trek, and others, showing technology. However, things are not always the complete truth, and some truths are changed ( I believe ) for security purposes.

Look at the arm patches on some of the stargate programs of various programs. One will see a pyramid shape with a circle.

Their are no peer reviews. My knowledge is my own.

30. Link to Post #520
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Beardless: An engraving of Jesus believed to be from the 4th Century AD has been discovered, and shows him with short curly hair and no beard, contrary to traditional depictions.
    The plate, which is on display in the archaeology museum in Linares in Andalusia, is one of the earliest representations of Christ.

The history of Christianity in Spain may have to be rewritten after the discovery of a glass plate depicting Christ that dates to the fourth century AD.

Christian Spain is thought to have begun in the fifth century with the arrival of the recently Christianised Visigoths from central Europe and Byzantium.

"We were afraid to say what we believed at first, because it forces us to rethink the history of Christian Spain," said Marcelo Castro, an archaeologist involved in the project that unearthed the plate from the ruins of the ancient city of Cástulo in southern Spain.

The plate is a paten used to serve the bread of the eucharist. Coins and ceramic items found at the site appear to confirm that it coincided with the rule of Constantine, Rome's first Christian emperor, who ruled from 306 to 337. Prior to Constantine, Christianity was persecuted and the figure of Christ was presented allegorically, often in the form of a fish.

http://www.sott.net/article/286855-D...les-historians

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Hazel (10th November 2014), Jean-Marie (14th October 2014), Wind (14th October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst 1 16 26 35 LastLast