+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst 1 22 32

Thread: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

1. Link to Post #621
    Netherlands Avalon Member Slobbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 times in 257 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote Posted by aKnightThatSaysNi (here)
    Quote Posted by pounamuknight (here)
    Two very good documentaries about Mary Magdalene and the smear campaign and outright censorship against her

The Catholic Church removed the link between Mary Magdalene and Mary the prostitute in 1969. Maybe it is still taught in other Christian religions, but it is not longer part of Catholic teaching.
    In the end of this movie there's mention of something regarding the Catholic Church and Mary Magdalene, in the end of the movie. Don't know the exact details. Probably trying to polish their image...

I found the movie very powerful. I can definitely recommend watching it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slobbe For This Post:

justntime2learn (13th February 2019), pounamuknight (17th February 2019), Valerie Villars (13th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #622
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 128,857 times in 20,633 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    If as you say, (ἄρχων = 'archon'.), then ...
    Well, those Greek letters, ἄ (alpha), ρ (rho), χ (chi), ω (omega), and ν (nu) are a literal translation of our word 'archon'

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    And what is the definitive definition of the word "archon"?
    Good question. Beats me.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Post:

justntime2learn (13th February 2019), TrumanCash (13th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #623
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,043 times in 968 posts

Thanks, Paul. That's puzzling because if it's a literal translation of "ἄρχων" and if "ἄρχων" is a word that is used in the Book of Enoch, then why does the word "archon" not appear in the translations? (Not asking you to answer that--just thinking out loud and posing the question.)

Yes, and then there's the definition of "archon" as well. I've heard it being everything from evil discarnate beings to "fallen angels" (whatever that means), to the Anunnaki. I'm still scratching my head on this one.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Paul (14th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #624
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,474 times in 2,491 posts

To the best of my knowledge it means to rule over or to be the chief or the highest, in a general sense. By deception from the look of things on this planet.

I believe Mark Passio talks about the actual meaning of the word anarchist, broken down from it's Latin roots which means without a ruler. Similar roots I believe.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 13th February 2019 at 19:44.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Constance (15th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (14th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Paul (14th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #625
    Thanks

"There was certainly a historical Jesus."

Proof?
    A bunch of books that are coming from a dodgy sources are no proof that something happened with certainty.
    Those stories could be massicely distorted, but that doesn't mean that there is no drop of truth in there, yet people take every single word seriously.
    Is religion the lie, in which some truth is delivered?
    We don't know, and can't be certain of it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogdan9310 For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), Spellbound (23rd February 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd February 2019)

11. Link to Post #626
    Thanks
    Thanked 256,747 times in 18,690 posts

Quote Posted by bogdan9310 (here)

Proof?
    It's a valid question. There are many answers in this excellent and fascinating book.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), justntime2learn (23rd February 2019), Spellbound (23rd February 2019), Yoda (23rd February 2019)

13. Link to Post #627
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 940 posts

Quote Posted by bogdan9310 (here)

Proof?
    I've struggled with this question often. I attended a Christian school from grades 2-8 before going to a public high school and college thereafter. Everything in grade school was taught from a Biblical standpoint with bible study for 2 hours each day. I found myself questioning a lot of things but learned very early on that authority doesn't like to be questioned. Was Jesus a real person?? Well, it's interesting how every major religion has a figure of similar "status". There could very well have been a person who had followers. Did he perform miracles and rise from the dead?? No, I don't think so. Was he the so called son of God?? No, I don't think so.

For me, religion is a concept that was developed as a means to control the masses (and for profit and for war). I never really bought into it. However, I can be a very spiritual personal, and imo, there is quite a difference between religion and spirituality.

Dave - Toronto

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd February 2019), Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (23rd February 2019)

15. Link to Post #628
    Thanks
    Thanked 256,747 times in 18,690 posts

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    Did he perform miracles and rise from the dead?? No, I don't think so. Was he the so called son of God?? No, I don't think so.
    From everything I know and have read, that's correct. He was just a very inspired and exceptional spiritual teacher... and also a troublesome freedom fighter with a worryingly growing following in an occupied land.

Ironically it was the Romans, centuries later, that twisted and embellished his story WAY beyond historical reality into a traditional godlike figure, straight from the archetypal template, that made the people easier to control. As we know, that's persisted to this very day.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), ErtheVessel (24th February 2019), justntime2learn (23rd February 2019), Kate (23rd February 2019), onawah (23rd February 2019), pounamuknight (25th February 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (23rd February 2019), Spellbound (23rd February 2019), sunwings (25th February 2019), Yoda (23rd February 2019)

17. Link to Post #629
    United States Avalon Member Webz Libri's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't reason with "blind faith" and debating with devout believers is and exercise in futility.

Here's a great book, D.M. Murdock's a.k.a. Acharya S "The Christ Conspiracy"The Greatest Story Ever Sold.
    Link to eBook on page.

Last edited by Webz Libri; 23rd February 2019 at 01:18.
    My website: Mysteries Books

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Webz Libri For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (27th February 2019), Spellbound (23rd February 2019)

19. Link to Post #630
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 940 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    Did he perform miracles and rise from the dead?? No, I don't think so. Was he the so called son of God?? No, I don't think so.
    From everything I know and have read, that's correct. He was just a very inspired and exceptional spiritual teacher... and also a troublesome freedom fighter with a worryingly growing following in an occupied land.

Ironically it was the Romans, centuries later, that twisted and embellished his story WAY beyond historical reality into a traditional godlike figure, straight from the archetypal template, that made the people easier to control. As we know, that's persisted to this very day.
    Hi Bill,

This was posted earlier in this thread, but I'm going to post it again as it rings true to your above statement about the Romans and Jesus.

Dave - Toronto

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), Kate (23rd February 2019)

21. Link to Post #631
    Netherlands Avalon Member Slobbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 times in 257 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Undoubtedly the Romans/Catholic Church did as much they could to get as much control as they could from the Jesus and his message. Though regarding "Romans making" a Godlike figure, they could've changed left and right indeed. Though, Bill, are you aware wonders are being performed in the name of Jesus, today as well as before, after his time on earth?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst 1 22 32