+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst 1 22 32 35 LastLast

Thread: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

1. Link to Post #621
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote Posted by aKnightThatSaysNi (here)
    Quote Posted by pounamuknight (here)
    Two very good documentaries about Mary Magdalene and the smear campaign and outright censorship against her

The Catholic Church removed the link between Mary Magdalene and Mary the prostitute in 1969. Maybe it is still taught in other Christian religions, but it is not longer part of Catholic teaching.
    In the end of this movie there's mention of something regarding the Catholic Church and Mary Magdalene, in the end of the movie. Don't know the exact details. Probably trying to polish their image...

I found the movie very powerful. I can definitely recommend watching it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

justntime2learn (13th February 2019), pounamuknight (17th February 2019), Valerie Villars (13th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #622
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    If as you say, (ἄρχων = 'archon'.), then ...
    Well, those Greek letters, ἄ (alpha), ρ (rho), χ (chi), ω (omega), and ν (nu) are a literal translation of our word 'archon'

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    And what is the definitive definition of the word "archon"?
    Good question. Beats me.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

justntime2learn (13th February 2019), TrumanCash (13th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #623
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,729 times in 1,343 posts

Thanks, Paul. That's puzzling because if it's a literal translation of "ἄρχων" and if "ἄρχων" is a word that is used in the Book of Enoch, then why does the word "archon" not appear in the translations? (Not asking you to answer that--just thinking out loud and posing the question.)

Yes, and then there's the definition of "archon" as well. I've heard it being everything from evil discarnate beings to "fallen angels" (whatever that means), to the Anunnaki. I'm still scratching my head on this one.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), petra (9th September 2019), ThePythonicCow (14th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #624
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

To the best of my knowledge it means to rule over or to be the chief or the highest, in a general sense. By deception from the look of things on this planet.

I believe Mark Passio talks about the actual meaning of the word anarchist, broken down from it's Latin roots which means without a ruler. Similar roots I believe.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 13th February 2019 at 19:44.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Constance (15th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (14th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), petra (9th September 2019), ThePythonicCow (14th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #625
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

"There was certainly a historical Jesus."

Proof?
    A bunch of books that are coming from a dodgy sources are no proof that something happened with certainty.
    Those stories could be massicely distorted, but that doesn't mean that there is no drop of truth in there, yet people take every single word seriously.
    Is religion the lie, in which some truth is delivered?
    We don't know, and can't be certain of it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogdan9310 For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), Spellbound (23rd February 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd February 2019)

11. Link to Post #626
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by bogdan9310 (here)

Proof?
    It's a valid question. There are many answers in this excellent and fascinating book.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), justntime2learn (23rd February 2019), petra (9th September 2019), Spellbound (23rd February 2019), Yoda (23rd February 2019)

13. Link to Post #627
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by bogdan9310 (here)

Proof?
    I've struggled with this question often. I attended a Christian school from grades 2-8 before going to a public high school and college thereafter. Everything in grade school was taught from a Biblical standpoint with bible study for 2 hours each day. I found myself questioning a lot of things but learned very early on that authority doesn't like to be questioned. Was Jesus a real person?? Well, it's interesting how every major religion has a figure of similar "status". There could very well have been a person who had followers. Did he perform miracles and rise from the dead?? No, I don't think so. Was he the so called son of God?? No, I don't think so.

For me, religion is a concept that was developed as a means to control the masses (and for profit and for war). I never really bought into it. However, I can be a very spiritual personal, and imo, there is quite a difference between religion and spirituality.

Dave - Toronto

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd February 2019), Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), petra (9th September 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (23rd February 2019)

15. Link to Post #628
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    Did he perform miracles and rise from the dead?? No, I don't think so. Was he the so called son of God?? No, I don't think so.
    From everything I know and have read, that's correct. He was just a very inspired and exceptional spiritual teacher... and also a troublesome freedom fighter with a worryingly growing following in an occupied land.

Ironically it was the Romans, centuries later, that twisted and embellished his story WAY beyond historical reality into a traditional godlike figure, straight from the archetypal template, that made the people easier to control. As we know, that's persisted to this very day.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), Docim369 (21st April 2022), ErtheVessel (24th February 2019), justntime2learn (23rd February 2019), Kate (23rd February 2019), onawah (23rd February 2019), petra (9th September 2019), pounamuknight (25th February 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (23rd February 2019), Spellbound (23rd February 2019), sunwings (25th February 2019), Yoda (23rd February 2019)

17. Link to Post #629
    United States Avalon Member Webz Libri's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't reason with "blind faith" and debating with devout believers is and exercise in futility.

Here's a great book, D.M. Murdock's a.k.a. Acharya S "The Christ Conspiracy"The Greatest Story Ever Sold.
    Link to eBook on page.

Last edited by Webz Libri; 23rd February 2019 at 01:18.
    My website: Mysteries Books

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Webz Libri For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (27th February 2019), Spellbound (23rd February 2019)

19. Link to Post #630
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    Did he perform miracles and rise from the dead?? No, I don't think so. Was he the so called son of God?? No, I don't think so.
    From everything I know and have read, that's correct. He was just a very inspired and exceptional spiritual teacher... and also a troublesome freedom fighter with a worryingly growing following in an occupied land.

Ironically it was the Romans, centuries later, that twisted and embellished his story WAY beyond historical reality into a traditional godlike figure, straight from the archetypal template, that made the people easier to control. As we know, that's persisted to this very day.
    Hi Bill,

This was posted earlier in this thread, but I'm going to post it again as it rings true to your above statement about the Romans and Jesus.

Dave - Toronto

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (23rd February 2019), Kate (23rd February 2019)

21. Link to Post #631
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Undoubtedly the Romans/Catholic Church did as much they could to get as much control as they could from the Jesus and his message. Though regarding "Romans making" a Godlike figure, they could've changed left and right indeed. Though, Bill, are you aware wonders are being performed in the name of Jesus, today as well as before, after his time on earth?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Docim369 (21st April 2022)

23. Link to Post #632
    San Marino Avalon Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Thanks

in recent years there been lots of talk on Jesus and Mary Magdalene, secret bloodline, were they married and all the rest.
    The marrage thiing is interesting but there is something else that I find intreging. If you mention the idea that Jesus might have been married, Christians (mainstream Christians) get really offended and angry, its evil! The Devil! And they give no explanation on why its such a heresy to entertain such an idea. If He was married how exacty does that undo anything He ever taught? And why is it such an ugly thing to suggest?
    This kind of reaction makes little sense to me.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jaybird88 For This Post:

Antagenet (7th September 2019), Bill Ryan (7th September 2019), Gracy (7th September 2019), justntime2learn (9th September 2019), Peter UK (7th September 2019), RogeRio (7th September 2019), Rosemarie (7th September 2019), Sadieblue (7th September 2019), Valerie Villars (7th September 2019), Victoria (7th September 2019), wondering (7th September 2019), yelik (7th September 2019)

25. Link to Post #633
    Thanks

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Gracy (7th September 2019), Iyakum (7th September 2019), justntime2learn (9th September 2019), Peter UK (7th September 2019), RogeRio (7th September 2019), Rosemarie (7th September 2019), Valerie Villars (7th September 2019), Victoria (7th September 2019), wondering (7th September 2019), Yoda (7th September 2019)

27. Link to Post #634
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

Fake News has been known to exist since the inception of time... this is one of them hit pieces.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

RogeRio (7th September 2019), wondering (7th September 2019)

29. Link to Post #635
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by jaybird88 (here)
    If you mention the idea that Jesus might have been married, Christians (mainstream Christians) get really offended and angry, its evil! The Devil! And they give no explanation on why its such a heresy to entertain such an idea. If He was married how exacty does that undo anything He ever taught?
    It doesn't or shouldn't but I suspect for some Christians it adulterates in some way the notion of a virgin birth and the subsequent purity associated with that.
    Last edited by Peter UK; 7th September 2019 at 09:27.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

petra (9th September 2019), wondering (7th September 2019)

31. Link to Post #636
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

mainstream christianity is in a knot.

The idea that he married makes him more of a human and less of a god.

It is essential for Jesus to be more than just a man, connnecting to wisdom, and teaching higher knowledge to us. He must be a god.(part of god in a way other humans somehow are not)

Once you get the masses to accept that idea, they ask - well if he was part of god, why did he allow himself to be tortured and killed.

The church then invents the grotesque notion that god required retribution for our sins, and Jesus volunteered to take the rap.

This then means that they are forced to characterise God as a vengeful punishing entity, who required the suffering and death of his 'only son'.

really the toxicity is embedded in the basic story.

If the ideas about his survival, marriage and bloodline become mainstream, it threatens the core message of the Church so fundamentally that it could challenge its very existance (as it should)
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

32. Link to Post #637
    San Marino Avalon Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    mainstream christianity is in a knot.

The idea that he married makes him more of a human and less of a god.

It is essential for Jesus to be more than just a man, connnecting to wisdom, and teaching higher knowledge to us. He must be a god.(part of god in a way other humans somehow are not)

Once you get the masses to accept that idea, they ask - well if he was part of god, why did he allow himself to be tortured and killed.

The church then invents the grotesque notion that god required retribution for our sins, and Jesus volunteered to take the rap.

This then means that they are forced to characterise God as a vengeful punishing entity, who required the suffering and death of his 'only son'.

really the toxicity is embedded in the basic story.

If the ideas about his survival, marriage and bloodline become mainstream, it threatens the core message of the Church so fundamentally that it could challenge its very existance (as it should)
    me personally i have always saw Jesus as a man rather than all the things the church says. Jesus says "follow me" a man i can follow, when you make Him the Most High creator of the heavens and earth, that i have a hard time following.
    the irony is the bible says plainly / formally Jesus was a man many times, and not Jesus was the Most High. you only get this with symbolic / metaphoric type statements , "the word was the Most High" which could mean Jesus was the Almighty, it could also mean many other things. "Jesus was a man" means Jesus was a man.
    i agree the church changed many things. are these changes good or bad? Jesus gave a very simple golden rule that we can apply to sort these things out, bad teachers have bad fruit. if christian leaders are lying, burning people, need armies to enforce their teachings, ask for your credit card,molest your children - these are bad fruits. pretty simple
    if your preacher comes out to visit you at work in a dirty greasy shop while your working on a car in the middle of a bunch of foul mouth talking working men, thats a good teacher with good fruit. that example was my preacher wayyyy back when i was 20 years old.
    the idea that the faith is built on human sacrifice is pretty scary.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybird88 For This Post:

Baby Steps (7th September 2019)

34. Link to Post #638
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

What I can add to this discussion is some verses of the Quran, what does it says about Jesus:

(3:59) Indeed, the similitude of Jesus to God is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was.

(4:157) And their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of God ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

(43:61) And indeed, Jesus will be knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path.

(4:171) O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.

(2:136) Say, "We have believed in God and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are submitted to Him."

(61:6) And when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of God to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic."

(57:27) We sent other messengers to follow in their footsteps. After those We sent Jesus, son of Mary: We gave him the Gospel and put compassion and mercy into the hearts of his followers. But monasticism was something they invented- We did not ordain it for them- only seeking approval of God, and even so, they did not observe it properly. So We gave a reward to those of them who believed, but many of them were defiantly disobedient.

(5:75) The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food. Look how We make clear to them the signs; then look how they are deluded.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Baby Steps (7th September 2019), Ioneo (7th September 2019), Iyakum (7th September 2019), Olam (7th September 2019)

36. Link to Post #639
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 times in 173 posts

wrong post sorry
    Last edited by Iyakum; 7th September 2019 at 17:06.
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

37. Link to Post #640
    Thanks

Two similar threads merged.

(For newer members, there's a very great deal to read and consider in this one. )

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (7th September 2019), Iyakum (7th September 2019), Valerie Villars (8th September 2019), Yoda (8th September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst 1 22 32 35 LastLast