+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst 1 7 17 27 35 LastLast

Thread: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

1. Link to Post #321
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,439 times in 1,555 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote Posted by darren (here)
    Quote Posted by Christine (here)
    (and to darren, thank you for posting this rap! It came to me in perfect syncronicity, as my meditation/ contemplation this morning took me to the SUN., wow!)
    When you say ''took me to the sun'',do you me the idea that the ''real'' jesus was not a physical being,took you to the sun,or that your meditation/ contemplation was separate from the thread topic?
    Sorry for being cryptic in my comment... I do believe there is a very real correlation between Jesus (Yeshua) the man, his teachings coupled with Mary Magdalene, the twelve apostles and what emanates from the sun. My contemplation this morning was not initially focused on the sun, I was looking into particles of life forms and how our energy connects with them, my perception being that our energy extends out from us as if we are a sun ourselves... we radiate to everything and the more force we generate the more penetrating our emanation becomes. As I was practicing this I was connected directly to the sun.

I honestly wish I could say more, I felt like I was given a huge download of information, which seems to be inaccessible to me in any linear fashion.

Hey, thanks for the question.

2. Link to Post #322
    Thanks

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Thanks for the clarification Christine! I get where you are coming from regarding radiating energy like the sun.What i have trouble with,is that the idea of astro-theology (which i am more aligned with) seems to fit into the bible and other works and just makes sense,at least to me.Now you have very intelligent people on here saying that ''jesus'' and others were real people,if this is so,then why does the astro-theology aspect,strongly i would suggest,seem to be able to explain things from a different perspective? Coincedence?

This is not just aimed at you Christine,but anyone who believes that jesus ect was real.Since the two ideas are at opposite polarities i assume those who believe in the reality of jesus being a real being,must think the astro-theology hypothesis is a load of nonsense??
    Last edited by darren; 26th August 2013 at 17:18.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to darren For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th September 2013), Chester (8th September 2013), Christine (10th September 2013), Flash (5th September 2013), Roisin (27th August 2013), william r sanford72 (30th August 2013), x_factor (10th November 2013)

4. Link to Post #323
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts

Quote Posted by Finefeather (here)
    Why not sit quietly and give us some of your own inner understanding of the situation
    Okay, I'm going to talk about what I feel with respect to the truth. Whatever that may be. Hopefully, I'll touch on something that someone is familiar with.

Humanity is lacking with regards to spirituality -- regarding our spiritual nature and the spiritual reality. I feel like there is a great, tremendous power within us for good. At the same time, I feel that there's an equally tremendous power within us for ignorance -- the power to neglect that which is good within us.

Naturally, I feel that we should be born perfect. If everything was still in it's original, natural harmony. It is not. I feel strongly enough about this to accept it as true. The knowledge of the universe is supposed to resonate down through our forms. We are supposed to be innately connected to this knowledge and it should be readily accessible. It is not. There is a problem somewhere in the line of transmisson, and it's on our end.

It comes down to the old Hermetic axiom -- As Above, So Below. There are patterns in everything, everywhere around us. Above and below, inside and out. Like nested hierarchies of fractals.

I know very little about astrology. I'll tell you what I feel about it from what I've read. I feel like the heliosphere acts as a womb for the solar system just like the Earth's atmosphere acts as a womb for our planet. Like a mother's placenta acts like a womb where a child develops.

I feel that evolution of physical bodies and astral bodies are dictated by how our solar system is set up. Adaptive mechanisms are set in motion by natural selection and environmental pressures. This is within the womb of the Earth, but it is also within the womb of our solar system. The humans on Earth are affected by the environment of the solar system.

Please, hear the framework. It doesn't have to be exact -- I'd just like to get the idea across.

Let's say that there were originally eleven planets. With the addition of the Sun, that would make twelve celestial bodies in our solar system (neglecting any moons for now). The order and structure of this system was in it's natural harmony. When astral bodies began to form on a planet, say Earth for example, they formed according to the harmony of the spheres in the system. When I say form, I'm really referring to the energetic centers. The chakras and what not.

So, there where twelve energy centers corresponding to the harmony of the spheres and the central Sun. This was the perfected form. It could indirectly receive cosmic knowledge because it was attuned correctly according to the patterns above it. It resonated with the patterns of the solar system which in turn recieved information from other stars and energies that were in harmony with the pattern of the galaxy.

After the templates were ready (the templates being the astral forms) then the physical vehicles developed to reflect that form. So far, so good.

Now, here's what I really feel. Something happened in our solar system to disrupt it and this disruption created a new order. Observe things like the Earth tilted axis, the axis of Uranus, and most importantly -- the asteroid belt. I strongly feel this was a planet. A little searching reveals a slew of possibilities. Maybe that planet had life on it and they brought about their own demise through war? The effects of a planet being destroyed are truly catastrophic. Especially considering the natural pattern of the system we are in and the devolopment of the forms that is based on the natural harmony of that system.

Why are the chakras closed? Why is the kundalini disconnected? Think of a circuit. The chakras were open and receiving their proper influx of energy when the order of the solar system was in it's natural, harmonious state. The kundalini was connected and the circuit was complete. What happens when a planet gets destroyed? Planets tilt and shift orbits. This creates a short circuit, the chakras close up.

The energy centers aren't aligned because they developed to receive energies based on the harmony of the spheres. Now there are polarities and disharmony. A new order arises out of the chaos. We are ignorant. There is a way out though because the forms still reflect the natural order. We can correct what happed out there within ourselves. I wonder if this has to do with karma.

It also makes me think of how valuable the Earth is to life elsewhere in the galaxy, if everything really is connected like this. Sort of like a butterfly effect. The repercussions of destroying our planet reverberates throughout the solar system and in turn, the galaxy. Just a feeling.

I think it's worth noting that the asteroid belt could represent the ouroboros. I may have muddled some esoteric terminology here, but I'm just trying to get across an inner sense.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 30th August 2013 at 05:33.

5. Link to Post #324
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

What i have trouble with,is that the idea of astro-theology (which i am more aligned with) seems to fit into the bible and other works and just makes sense,at least to me.Now you have very intelligent people on here saying that ''jesus'' and others were real people,if this is so,then why does the astro-theology aspect,strongly i would suggest,seem to be able to explain things from a different perspective? Coincedence?

This is not just aimed at you Christine,but anyone who believes that jesus ect was real.Since the two ideas are at opposite polarities i assume those who believe in the reality of jesus being a real being,must think the astro-theology hypothesis is a load of nonsense??
    I think this has to do with ancient memories. Long lost genetic memories, or maybe memories that come from a subtler mind of human consciousness. They manifest themselves through myth, religion, and astro-theology!

You may enjoy reading over the idealogies of the Naasenes, Peratae, and the descriptions of celestial phenomena by Aratus. (There is a search function in the link.)
    http://books.google.com/books/about/...d=HjE8AAAAIAAJ
    Something may have happened tens of thousands of years ago and the echoes still live on in our collective psyche.

So, when the ancients were describing the night sky and painting them with stories -- they may have done so against the backdrop of such echoes.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 30th August 2013 at 05:34.

6. Link to Post #325
    United States Avalon Member Revere's Avatar
    Thanks

back on topic...

IS THE BIBLE JESUS CHRIST A PHONY?

Is the story, as told in the Bible, a fabricated tale altered to confuse, misguide and control individuals by corrupt powers? People who are brought up under its traditions and beliefs are misguided and have been fooled. And specifically “Salvationism” is a falsehood amongst these fairy tales that the Bible extols. Jesus was a smart good guy and that is it!

These are the EARLY claims in this thread as well as a whole bunch of counter beliefs. Such as, but not all inclusive; Man can save himself for he is a god in his own right. Man is smart he can figure out anything (with the right training). I should be totally self-reliant and assured I am innately good and if I try hard enough I can reach a level of self enlightenment, vibration, or kundalini enlightenment.

I am not writing this for debate or to argue or to challenge others mental prowess or to even claim I am right and others are wrong. I am not righting this to offend you. Although, I personally do have a very strong personal opinion on this subject and what is or what is not true. I will simply tell my story, my experience and the Truth I have found.

But, if you need to categorize me and move on at this point let us get to it…I am a Born Again Christian! Due to all the confusion and misperceptions I feel a non-“Religious” Spiritual Christian fits me most accurately. My story is simple. I choose to ask God to Forgive me my sins and selfishness and to be a part of my life and to guide, direct and help me in the name of Jesus Christ.

Yes, Bill blatant “Salvationism” ...and it has made all the difference! It is not a one time and done thing. It is a daily minute by minute relationship that I strive to let God (yes our real creator) direct and guide me. It is a relationship with a small voice or knowing what to do and how to act. Yes, I screw up from time to time or more often then I wish. Those who have prayed this prayer sincerely know what I mean. Maybe, it is like flying an airplane or sailing. You can read all you want and mentally know it but, until you do it you have no idea only inaccurate mentally created perceptions! The longer you strive for a relationship with God you can sense that air currents under your wings, that puff of wind working the individual sails or that small True voice that speaks to and guides you. It is a letting go and a dynamic exciting way to live. It is not a bunch of rules and regulations for living. It is a knowing and peace with freedom that is joyful, comforting and challenging all in one.

God Bless you all!
    Bob (Revere)
    "IF WE THINK WE CAN OR CAN NOT WE ARE RIGHT"

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Revere For This Post:

1 flew over (12th September 2013), araucaria (5th September 2013), Chester (8th September 2013), Christine (7th September 2013), Flash (5th September 2013), Milneman (16th November 2013), ulli (5th September 2013), william r sanford72 (10th September 2013)

8. Link to Post #326
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I recommend the 10 articles on Gnosis by Tom Montalk.
    They take the issue quite a bit further than outlined by Bill Ryan.

http://montalk.net/gnosis

For those who prefer German, I have translated them:

http://montalk.net/german

(scroll down to gnosis - on the left)

-sam

9. Link to Post #327
    United States Avalon Member Smell the Roses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 times in 285 posts

Great summary! Love this part of what you wrote: "In that sense, Jesus may have been the world's first major whistleblower, and paid the price for his stance" and this part: "Besides warning about the planetary takeover, Jesus specifically taught that we should not use violent means (or fight evil with evil), but instead fortify ourselves inwardly. " I was just thinking the other day about that great song in Jesus Christ Superstar where the apostles are nagging him about when they will ride into Jerusalem. Then Mary Magdalene tried to cool down his face, and he says:

"Mary that is good-
    While you prattle through your supper-
    Where and when and who and how.
    She alone has tried to give me
    What I need right here and now."

In other words: Be Here Now.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Smell the Roses For This Post:

1 flew over (12th September 2013), araucaria (5th September 2013), Billy (5th September 2013), Chester (8th September 2013), Christine (7th September 2013), Flash (5th September 2013), nomadguy (5th September 2013), william r sanford72 (10th September 2013)

11. Link to Post #328
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

------------

He himself bringeth a cup filled with thoughts and wisdom, and soberness is in it; [and] he handeth it to the soul. And they cast it into a body which can neither sleep nor forget because of the cup of soberness which hath been handed unto it; but it will whip its heart persistently to question about the mysteries of the Light until it find them, through the decision of the Virgin of Light, and inherit the Light for ever.

- Pistis Sophia -
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 9th September 2013 at 19:11.

12. Link to Post #329
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Compelling thread. I will need about five years to address all the issues for myself after we have established peace on earth. I will never be a Gnostic Scholar (unless you can plug me in and download).

I wish I could talk to Kathleen McGowan and ask her what she thinks happened to her husband. She had been warned...if I do I'll tell you what she said.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Flash (5th September 2013)

14. Link to Post #330
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by CdnSirian (here)
    Compelling thread. I will need about five years to address all the issues for myself after we have established peace on earth. I will never be a Gnostic Scholar (unless you can plug me in and download).

I wish I could talk to Kathleen McGowan and ask her what she thinks happened to her husband. She had been warned...if I do I'll tell you what she said.
    I am kind of lost with your Kathleen McGowan comment, have I missed something?

15. Link to Post #331
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Jeffrey Sewell-Holloway (here)

Let's say that there were originally eleven planets. With the addition of the Sun, that would make twelve celestial bodies in our solar system (neglecting any moons for now). The order and structure of this system was in it's natural harmony. When astral bodies began to form on a planet, say Earth for example, they formed according to the harmony of the spheres in the system. When I say form, I'm really referring to the energetic centers. The chakras and what not.

So, there where twelve energy centers corresponding to the harmony of the spheres and the central Sun. This was the perfected form. It could indirectly receive cosmic knowledge because it was attuned correctly according to the patterns above it. It resonated with the patterns of the solar system which in turn recieved information from other stars and energies that were in harmony with the pattern of the galaxy.

After the templates were ready (the templates being the astral forms) then the physical vehicles developed to reflect that form. So far, so good.

Now, here's what I really feel. Something happened in our solar system to disrupt it and this disruption created a new order. Observe things like the Earth tilted axis, the axis of Uranus, and most importantly -- the asteroid belt. I strongly feel this was a planet. A little searching reveals a slew of possibilities. Maybe that planet had life on it and they brought about their own demise through war? The effects of a planet being destroyed are truly catastrophic. Especially considering the natural pattern of the system we are in and the devolopment of the forms that is based on the natural harmony of that system.
    Jeffrey, I agree that the solar system is in a pretty bad state of repair, as evidenced by many things, as you say. You would expect for instance the Earth’s orbit to be exactly 360 days; it seems to have been somehow disturbed. Regarding the asteroid belt, the idea of an exploded planet comes not just from Sitchin but from the onetime mainstream astronomer the late Tom van Flandern. Van Flandern worked on tracking space debris from an exploded satellite and so was accustomed to tracing multiple vagrant trajectories back to a single point in the past. Applying this to comet orbits, and also the minor planets he came up with the theory that they originated in a single point, which was a planet, and Mars was its moon. The damage done to Mars was all on one side: the side facing this planet at the time of the explosion. This was 3.2 million years ago, as confirmed by analysis of meteorites and other material.

I sometimes think the demiurge was not as good a planet designer as he thought and botched everything from the outset, but there have been ongoing problems. Van Flandern also reports planetary explosions at 336 and 65 million years ago (causing extinctions), “Planet K” in the outer main asteroid belt, then “Planet V” in the inner main asteroid belt, as well as the explosion of probably moons at 38 and 16 M years.

I’m not sure how many planets there originally were in this model; given that some of our nine were probably moons etc, it gets a bit complicated. Another interesting idea here for you Jeffrey is the birthing of planets (and moons) in pairs ejected out on either side of the parent body (eg Earth/Venus, Saturn/Jupiter). All this is to be found in Dark Matte, Missing Planets & New Comets.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Billy (5th September 2013), Chester (8th September 2013), Christine (7th September 2013), Jeffrey (5th September 2013), spiritwind (6th September 2013), ulli (5th September 2013), william r sanford72 (10th September 2013)

17. Link to Post #332
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Quote Posted by Revere (here)
    back on topic...

Is the story, as told in the Bible, a fabricated tale altered to confuse, misguide and control individuals by corrupt powers? People who are brought up under its traditions and beliefs are misguided and have been fooled. And specifically “Salvationism” is a falsehood amongst these fairy tales that the Bible extols. Jesus was a smart good guy and that is it!

These are the EARLY claims in this thread as well as a whole bunch of counter beliefs. Such as, but not all inclusive; Man can save himself for he is a god in his own right. Man is smart he can figure out anything (with the right training). I should be totally self-reliant and assured I am innately good and if I try hard enough I can reach a level of self enlightenment, vibration, or kundalini enlightenment.

I am not writing this for debate or to argue or to challenge others mental prowess or to even claim I am right and others are wrong. I am not righting this to offend you. Although, I personally do have a very strong personal opinion on this subject and what is or what is not true. I will simply tell my story, my experience and the Truth I have found.

But, if you need to categorize me and move on at this point let us get to it…I am a Born Again Christian! Due to all the confusion and misperceptions I feel a non-“Religious” Spiritual Christian fits me most accurately. My story is simple. I choose to ask God to Forgive me my sins and selfishness and to be a part of my life and to guide, direct and help me in the name of Jesus Christ.

Yes, Bill blatant “Salvationism” ...and it has made all the difference! It is not a one time and done thing. It is a daily minute by minute relationship that I strive to let God (yes our real creator) direct and guide me. It is a relationship with a small voice or knowing what to do and how to act. Yes, I screw up from time to time or more often then I wish. Those who have prayed this prayer sincerely know what I mean. Maybe, it is like flying an airplane or sailing. You can read all you want and mentally know it but, until you do it you have no idea only inaccurate mentally created perceptions! The longer you strive for a relationship with God you can sense that air currents under your wings, that puff of wind working the individual sails or that small True voice that speaks to and guides you. It is a letting go and a dynamic exciting way to live. It is not a bunch of rules and regulations for living. It is a knowing and peace with freedom that is joyful, comforting and challenging all in one.

God Bless you all!
    Bob (Revere)
    When I started comparing different bibles, in order to find the true interpretation of those teachings, my search was rewarded. As was promised by Christ Himself. It was a sincere effort on my part, and sincerity is rewarded.

During that period, in the late seventies, I discovered that Christ was real, and alive, and had healing powers which He bestowed on me. Which was also something He had promised. However, when I looked for a community of like-minded Christians I became confused, and even put off...and simply could not handle the non-scientific crowd I met out there.

Within walking distance of where I was living I would first visit Westminster Abbey, usually attended service early Sunday mornings for several months, ..and absorbed the history of the place, also visited the Catholic Cathedral, which was even more beautiful, filled with blueish smoke from all that incense, and also right next door to my apartment block was a Christian Science church. I read some of their books and went twice. Then there was a church on Oxford Street, which supposedly had the most charismatic pastors, and which was filled to the brim and people were finding Jesus.
    These pastors were Cambridge graduates, and clever speakers, but I picked up from them that they had hangovers from drinking too much the night before. Not my scene...plus they preached literal Creationism, which I could not stomach at all.
    Then I met a Gurdjieff teacher, a French Canadian living in London, who had met Gurdjieff in person, just before he died in Paris in 1949, and found esoteric Christianity....very high level.
    He told me to buy P.D. Ouspensky's book in Search of the Miraculous, a book which not only convinced me that I had found my path, but that entire period of my life was instantly accompanied by an incredible number of daily synchronicities.

This triggered my search further and thats how I found astrology. Astrology, when observed over a period of time, comparing the claims made in books with the events that correlate in life, works in such an exact fashion that it only confirmed my new belief in an-all knowing creator God. The universe system is just too vast, and orderly, to not have been the handy work of a supreme being.

And then a few years later, when I had just started a new life in the tiny island of Barbados, and thought I would have to rely on the books I had brought for spiritual inspiration, I found Baha'u'llah.
    This happened after reading a book by William Sears, called Thief in the Night, which connected all my remaining dots for me. So I never left Christ, nor Gurdjieff, nor astrology, but added the other founders of the world religions, and even learnt about indigenous practices as being remnants of ancient teachings, all having originated from a manifestation of God. It is mankind, and man-made clergy who dilute the messages or revelations.
    And then during the nineties, after seeing my first UFO I found an even greater theology, which opened up the whole firmament for me, and even though I had my doubts at first when reading Baha'u'llah's message, I am now a convinced believer. He said: "Know thou, that every star has it's own planets, and every planet its own creatures, the number of which no man can compute."
    My dots are connected now. It is all good. Truth, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
    Once this is understood, then even deception can be recognized as a lesson, which springs from one's unevolved self, and forgive the deceiver/self.
    Last edited by ulli; 5th September 2013 at 11:50.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

araucaria (5th September 2013), Billy (5th September 2013), Caren (5th September 2013), Chester (8th September 2013), Christine (7th September 2013), fourty-two (8th September 2013), Gardener (6th September 2013), Jeffrey (10th September 2013), Revere (5th September 2013), skippy (8th September 2013), sunflower (6th September 2013), Teo (7th September 2013), thunder24 (5th September 2013), william r sanford72 (10th September 2013)

19. Link to Post #333
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi guys it’s been a while since my last confession, truth is I have been wandering along this long weary road of learning and have only reached the first of many roundabouts and still none the wiser. I agree with Bill only he is still stuck in the fairy tale, the real story is well and truly buried by the Romans when they stole Christianity as a means to raise a form of tax 300 years after the sacking of Rome so the bible is but a corrupt manipulated version of the true story that introduced fear tactics such as old Satan and his legions to make sure you paid your share. Jesus was just an ordinary man who was introduced to reality via Atlantians and ET that did not originate in northern Africa but here in bonny Scotland. Sounds like fantasy I know as the indoctrination of history forced upon you from childhood makes you believe such is the case, I only came across this by accident when investigating ET and its military connections here in Scotland that uncovered the fact that Pontius Pilate was born and bred just outside Edinburgh when investigating the connection between Roslyn chapel and ET where one clue led to another then another that opened up a whole new outlook on religion and ETs involvement. Such as the Dead Sea scrolls etc is part of the truth spirited away to another country so as not to be found when the Romans deleted Scotland’s history from the face of the earth , the whole story is still there its just a case of uncovering it.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hyundisonata For This Post:

CD7 (6th September 2013), Flash (6th September 2013), Gardener (6th September 2013)

21. Link to Post #334
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by hyundisonata (here)
    Hi guys it’s been a while since my last confession,
    For your penance, you will please provide some evidence of the tartan connection.

For those unfamiliar with the geography, Roslyn and Edinburgh are a little north of the then future Hadrian's Wall, started in 122 AD, marking the boundary where the Roman Empire decided that the natives were more bother than they were worth

I am not sure how Pilate's birthplace fits into the story. Please elaborate

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Christine (7th September 2013), Flash (6th September 2013), william r sanford72 (10th September 2013)

23. Link to Post #335
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Lol loved the reply good to see a sense of humor, the wall you refer to if looked at closely shows the steps to the ramparts on the Scottish side and the defensive ditch on the English side so the Romans were defending something in Scotland? It was also the most intensive manpower of all their conflicts. lots in Scotland to prove my story all you have to do is look, best place to start is with the Egyptian princess Scotia that gives you the ties with mosses then move on to the Isle of Iona, here is an interesting link to a site dedicated to this myth. http://www.sacredconnections.co.uk/ the tie to Pilate came about when researching Roslyn area that took me down one avenue after another where I found the true record of Scotland’s history was removed to the Vatican after the removal of the Pentland family along with the elimination of the village known as Pentland that then became Roslyn village and the Pentland castle became Roslyn castle, this again led to the fact Roslyn chapel had a sister chapel St Katherine of the hope on the Pentland hills that was hidden and practically destroyed in the 18th centaury by flooding the valley where it stood . This valley is known as glen course and is under the control of the MOD, the right name for this valley is glen of the cross of which is the description of Calvary hill and the stump of the cross still exists to this date, starting to get the drift? Scotland had a thriving town life and industry along with farming long before the Romans got out of bed due to those escaping whatever destroyed Atlantis settling here, Atlantis can be found at the southern tip of Greenland that fell into the sea that was built into a huge canyon that ran the length of Greenland so easily found by any would be treasure hunters. Lots more than this brief description but this is the reality behind Jesus that has been hidden over many years especially by the Vatican.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hyundisonata For This Post:

araucaria (8th September 2013), CD7 (6th September 2013), Christine (10th September 2013), Flash (6th September 2013), sunflower (6th September 2013), william r sanford72 (10th September 2013)

25. Link to Post #336
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

I have not read every page so excuse if this was already posted.

Jesus was a Buddhist Monk BBC Documentary

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

chocolate (28th October 2013), william r sanford72 (10th September 2013)

27. Link to Post #337
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Thanks for the clarification Christine! I get where you are coming from regarding radiating energy like the sun.What i have trouble with,is that the idea of astro-theology (which i am more aligned with) seems to fit into the bible and other works and just makes sense,at least to me.Now you have very intelligent people on here saying that ''jesus'' and others were real people,if this is so,then why does the astro-theology aspect,strongly i would suggest,seem to be able to explain things from a different perspective? Coincedence?

Both can be (and in my opinion) are likely true.

I experience massive synchronicities daily, so I "know" (at that level of experience) there appears to be no coincidences).

At the same time and as was very well put forth in the OP and in other sections of this thread, the historical man that also in my opinion probably existed was then taken by some in power who followed Jesus in time to fit the pagan myths which also happen to revere the sun and moon and planets and stars in part to bring into the fold so that they can be controlled.

Just because one element may be true, this does not eliminate another element from being true.

For me, Jesus was likely a real man. Check out the Nag Hammadi texts and get an alternate view of what this man may have spoken about. Do some research about the Gnostics.

Others, later, took the story of Jesus and modified it to fit their own agenda. Since there appears to me to be no coincidences I see no reason astro-theology cannot be just as real as anything else and cannot tie directly into anyone who has ever lived, lives and will live (indeed it likely does).
    Last edited by Chester; 8th September 2013 at 02:12.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Christine (8th September 2013), Gardener (12th September 2013), william r sanford72 (10th September 2013)

29. Link to Post #338
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

back on topic...

God Bless you all!
    Bob (Revere)
    No one here can know this or prove this but if I had to make a bet, I bet YES - the Bible Jesus Christ is a fiction.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

william r sanford72 (10th September 2013)

31. Link to Post #339
    United States Avalon Member 1 flew over's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=justoneman;726537]
    back on topic...

No one here can know this or prove this but if I had to make a bet, I bet YES - the Bible Jesus Christ is a fiction.
    As I have stated before I am not what would be considered a Christian in that I follow many paths but do I think that there was a person named Yeshua walking around the middle east about 2000 years ago talking about some good stuff about moving yourself to a higher plain of existence? Yes and I am not referring to HEAVEN. Do I think that his image, words, deeds and history were massively altered for some specific purposes? Very much so!

I just ran across an interesting video called The Rivals of Jesus. It puts yet another interesting twist on the story of Yeshua, as if we need another. There is even a smear campaign against Simon pointed out in the Bible. For me it was worth the 45 minutes. https://youtube.com/watch?v=bbX38cUD4D4

A couple of books that I have enjoyed greatly during earlier seeking were Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. It is a great fun romp through the missing years or Jesus’ youth. Not for hard core fundamentalists but there are probably not too many on this site. It is even recommended for reading at some seminary schools. You can get it used for around $3.50 including shipping from Abe Books. Another is Deer hunting with Jesus. It is sort of condescending but it gave me a wider understanding about the religious working poor in the US Midwest. I found it a fascinating read and very informative.

I hope that you enjoy any or all
    1 Flew Over
    Last edited by 1 flew over; 12th September 2013 at 08:14.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

Chester (8th September 2013), Christine (8th September 2013), william r sanford72 (10th September 2013)

33. Link to Post #340
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,380 times in 561 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    I have not read every page so excuse if this was already posted.

Jesus was a Buddhist Monk BBC Documentary
    If Jesus was a buddhist monk, then he definitely was a Bodhisattva.

Last edited by skippy; 8th September 2013 at 09:40.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Post:

Chester (8th September 2013), Christine (8th September 2013), Delight (8th September 2013), minkton (8th September 2013), william r sanford72 (10th September 2013), Wind (8th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst 1 7 17 27 35 LastLast