+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst 1 3 13 23 35 LastLast

Thread: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

1. Link to Post #241
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I am still extremely interested in the Talpiot Tomb, and highly recommend Simcha Jacobovici's riveting documentary
    Jacobovici's Talpiot Tomb part.2 : "The Resurrection Tomb Mystery (2012)"

In 2009 and 2010, Tabor and Rami Arav, professor of archaeology at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, working together with Jacobovici, obtained a license to excavate the current tomb from the Israel Antiquities Authority under the academic sponsorship of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

The findings were detailed in a preliminary report by James D. Tabor, professor and chair of religious studies at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, published online in www.bibleinterp.com on February 28, 2012.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

4evrneo (11th August 2013), amandapoet (11th August 2013), chocolate (11th August 2013), Christine (11th August 2013), Jake (11th August 2013), karelia (11th August 2013), Marin (11th August 2013), Muzz (14th August 2013), nomadguy (13th August 2013), william r sanford72 (11th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #242
    United States Avalon Member Marin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 times in 251 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I wanted to learn more about this coin. Thus far, I only found this. I offer it here for those of you who are digging deep into this intriguing material.

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/1/post/...plar-coin.html
    Perhaps this might help:

John of Brienne, Templar “King of Jerusalem” and the Talpiot “Jesus” Tomb
    by James Tabor

http://jamestabor.com/2013/03/07/joh...ot-jesus-tomb/

Earlier this week I wrote a short post about Scott Wolter’s claim on the recent History 2 Channel program, “Tracking the Templars,” part of his popular series “America Unearthed,” that the famous Crusader order we know as the Knights Templar must have known about the Talpiot “Jesus” tomb. Simcha Jacobovici has now weighed in asserting that the Templar coin that Wolter displayed, with its symbolism matching the facade of the tomb, is a “smoking gun” connecting the Templars with the tomb. You can read his reasoning here, plus links to materials he presented back in 2007 in connection with his film, “The Lost Tomb of Jesus,” here. I find the coin quite intriguing but as I noted in my earlier post I find Wolter’s overall “Holy Blood, Holy Grail” thesis heavy on speculation.

Here is what we know about the history of this 1st century CE tomb. Although it does appear that the Talpiot “Jesus” tomb had been violated prior to 1980 when it was excavated by the Israel Antiquities team, just when and by whom it is hard to say. There was no blocking stone ever found that would have sealed the entrance of the tomb. As a consequence large amounts of the local terra rosa soil had washed into the tomb to the point of even covering the tops of the ossuaries in the six burial niches or kokhim.

There were three skulls found on the floor of the tomb as well as other bones, including vertebrae, shoulder bones, and limbs. Were the skulls placed there purposely or were they, along with the other bones, unceremoniously swept to the floor from the two shelves or arcosolia. If the latter is the case, this seems to indicate some kind of violation, rather than a respectful treatment of the remains of the dead by the family in antiquity. Two of the skulls were found just below the shelves that once held corpses in a state of decomposition and a third was just to the right of the entrance to the tomb. Some have noted a “triangular” pattern in the placement of the skulls, perhaps indicating some ritual or ceremonial purposes. In our book, The Jesus Discovery, pp. 21-33 we provide maps, photos, and a documented comprehensive analytical overview of all we know of the 1980 excavation of the tomb. I know of no other source as complete as our treatment therein.

In Shimon Gibson’s original drawing he presents the skulls clearly and precisely. He told me that Joseph Gat, the excavator, had removed them and took great care to show Gibson precisely where they had been on the floor so he could include them in his drawing shown here, boldly labeled. Both Gibson and Gat though the skulls were one of the oddest features of this tomb. Strangely, when Amos Kloner published the official report on the 1980 excavation in 1996–only after it came to world attention–the skulls were airbrushed out of Gibson’s drawing:

There are really two separate questions here. When was the tomb violated and by whom? When was the tomb left open with the blocking stone removed? And is there any evidence, other than the imagery on this coin, that would connect the time of the pre-1980 tomb entry to the Crusaders of the 13th century? I am not aware of anything of this sort that would give us even an approximate date. It is entirely possible that the evidence of the skeletal materials and skulls on the floor are unconnected to the tomb being left open–with the blocking stone missing and soil beginning to wash in. In other words, the tomb might have been violated and resealed, and at some subsequent date left open–even in more recent times. After all, the washed in soil had not completely filled the tomb to the ceiling, as might have been the case had it been left open for nearly a thousand years. I know of other three other such 1st century tombs in the Hinnom Valley that have never been excavated and are completely filled with soil–but were likely violated at some earlier time, as the blocking stones are missing.

But what about the Crusader period Templar coin? Norman Stambaugh was kind enough to look up a bit more of the evidence we have regarding this coin and also pointed out to me a second one that seems to have a version of the same “Chevron” with a circle/dot pattern. His source was History of the Crusades, vol. 6, edited by Harry W. Hazard and Norman P. Zacour (University of Wisconsin, 1989). You can access it on-line here. Wolter’s coin is item 53, page 416, “Coinage of the Kings of Jerusalem.” The photo in the on-line edition of the book is a bit fuzzy for web display but here is a very sharp image of the same coin from an auction house. Looks like it recently sold for $2200! Thanks to Thomas Wolke for the link:

This is of course a coin celebrating the triumph of John of Brienne, the prominent French noblemen of the 5th and 6th Crusades who was declared “King of Jerusalem,” and whose career is one of the most colorful in the period. He had a daughter, Yolanda, by Maria of Montferrat, his first wife of his three marriages, who subsequently ruled as “Queen of Jerusalem.” John and Maria were jointly coronated as “King and Queen” of Jerusalem. The face on the coin would of course be his, and the editors interpret him as wearing a “triangular crown with pendants”–the top of which seems to be uncanny close to the symbol on the facade of the Talpiot “Jesus” tomb. Looking at the other extant coins from the “Kingdom of Jerusalem” from this period the representation of a “face” appears to be unique. At first glance I thought the head piece might be some kind of Crusader “helmet,” but given the inscription: IOHANNES REX–it is clearly a royal crown or perhaps a “mitre” of a very unique style, and it is quite different from the more typical royal crowns shown on John and Maria in a coronation engraving of the period. So what did it symbolize?

In some ways the second coin is even more fascinating, in that it appears on the observe to have a symbol that is quite precisely like the Talpiot “Jesus” tomb facade, including the top little “chimney” that Simcha has emphasized in his post. The editors find it totally unique and don’t even hazard a guess as to its meaning and significance. The three dots to the left of the symbol add all the more to the intrigue. It is from the same period, badly struck, copper, and described thus:

Crusaders, Lordship of Sidon, Anonymous Copper, c. 1250 – 1291”, and “uneven strike, 1.682g, 16.9mm, obverse cross, pellet in each angle, within square with bar from each corner, very crude inscription, H…O…; reverse pellet in triangle, pellets around. Totally unique, no other coin like it any any reference. From the collection of Alex G. Malloy, former dealer for 40 years and co-author of “Coins of the Crusader States.”

During the First Crusade, on December 4, 1110, Sidon was captured by King Baldwin of Jerusalem and King Sigurd of Norway. It became the center of the Lordship of Sidon, an important seigneury in the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Under the crusaders, Sidon was sacked several times and nearly destroyed by the Saracens in 1249, and again by the Mongols in 1260. About month after the capture of Acre in late spring 1291, Al-Ashraf Khalil sent a force led by Emir al-Shuja’i to Sidon. The Knights Templar had moved their treasure to Sidon and taken refuge inside a sea castle on an isle about 90 meters from the shore. When the Sultan’s forces began to build a bridge the knights escaped by sea and crusader rule of Sidon ended. The fabric and crudeness in design of the anonymous copper pieces, such as this coin, put them in into a similar time frame as the anonymous copper of Tripoli and Antioch, perhaps during the Mongol invasions of the 1250s or perhaps later.

There is a much earlier coin of William I “The Conquerer” (1066-1087), minted around 1070 that seems to show the King wearing some kind of crown but with a “temple” like facade behind his head that has some similarities to the Chevron and circle imagery.

Last edited by Marin; 11th August 2013 at 15:22.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Marin For This Post:

1 flew over (16th August 2013), 4evrneo (11th August 2013), amandapoet (11th August 2013), Atlas (11th August 2013), CD7 (11th August 2013), Christine (11th August 2013), karelia (11th August 2013), nomadguy (12th August 2013), Snookie (23rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (11th August 2013)

5. Link to Post #243
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts

Quote Posted by Marin (here)
    Quote Posted by Vivek (here)

"Okay, check this out.

The archontic tree of knowledge is the false tree. It represents the brain stem. It's fruit would be the thalamus/hypothalamus.

The hypothalamus is important in emotional expression and linked to the cerebral cortex in emotional experience. It is also significant in the reception of direct sensory inputs.

The archontic tree of knowledge has it's own fruit (ie the pituitary and hypothalamus), while the true Tree of Knowledge has the good fruit (ie Epinoia of the light, the date, the Phoenix, the eagle). This is the pineal gland, which would mean that the tree represents the cerebellum.

This view is provisional and ongoing as well."

Interesting observations. I love what you bring to threads.

In the above post you've highlighted that the thalamus, hypothalamus and pituitary glands are all part of what you've described as the "archonic tree of knowledge."

What do these these 3 glands (the thalamus, hypothalamus and pituitary glands) have in common? They're all part of the limbic system.

What is the limbic system?

The limbic system is responsible for the human ability to process emotions, as well as encode, store, and retrieve memories.

The limbic system lies above the brainstem and below the cortex. It plays a role in arousal, memory, emotions, feeding, sexual behaviors, and motivation. Many brain structures comprise this system, such as the amygdala, hypothalamus, and hippocampus.

Ultimately this system seems to play a key role in our "emotional life" and our ability to form memories while tying our emotional response to them.

https://www.boundless.com/psychology...limbic-system/

What I find so interesting is that what you've described in your post relates to material I've been researching with regard to the healing properties of essential oils and Mary Magdalene. "She taught the skill of healing with oils. Few people realize the wisdom that the Magdalene presented to the world in the development of the use of essential oils."

Why are these two topics related? Because the limbic system is the access point for the healing properties of essential oils.

"Essential Oils facilitate the release of negative emotions, unresolved angers, resentments, and ancestral memory of trauma and pain." As a result, they are a powerful healing modality.

[...]
    It's really cool that you posted this. A few hours were spent last night compiling information about the limbic system (and cerebellum) and to wake up this morning to your post is awesome. Some synchronicity there. Alright, check this out.

These were some ideas I was playing with in the metaphors of meaning thread.

The chimera is a creature with the head of a lion and the tail of a serpent. This has strong correlations with the demiurge (lion-headed snake).

In the post(s) above, observations were made that correlated the form of the demiurge to structures of the human central nervous system.

The chimera has similar connotations, yet there is more to it.

The chimera also has a goat on the back of the lion.

The curved horns of a goat also resemble a structure in the brain. That structure is the hippocampus.

Picture the thalamus as the head of the lion (the demiurge) and it's facing towards the front of the skull. Now the brain stem (midbrain, pons, medulla) is it's body, and the spinal cord is the tail (snake-like). The horns of the hippocampus would be on the back of it. This is depicted as the goat on the back of the chimera. Therefore, the entire idea of the chimera may represent this brain structure -- thalamus, hippocampus (with amydalae), brain stem, and the spinal cord.

Now, here's what threw me for a loop. The etymology of the word thalamus.
    1753, "the receptacle of a flower," Modern Latin, from Latin thalamus "inner chamber," from Greek thalamos "inner chamber, bedroom," related to thalame "den, lair," tholos "vault, vaulted building."

Source: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=Forebrain
    Incredible. This is the bridal chamber. Guess what is tucked on the backside, nestled in-between the two lobes of the thalamus ... the pineal gland. This is Epinoia of the Light, she is a part of the tree of knowledge. It is her that teaches us about our own Light. She is the eagle in the tree, the wings of the cross.

I'm not sure if the actual structure of the thalamus in the brain is the bridal chamber. It could be that space is considered the bridal chamber and the thalamus happens to be there. Let's just set that aside for now. Keeping in mind all the trees and their corresponding physiology/fruits ... now we have the bridal chamber. This makes reading the codex way more interesting.

From The Gospel of Philip:
    It is from water and fire that the soul and the spirit came into being. It is from water and fire and light that the son of the bridal chamber (came into being). The fire is the chrism, the light is the fire. I am not referring to that fire which has no form, but to the other fire whose form is white, which is bright and beautiful, and which gives beauty.
    You know what I'm thinking the son of the bridal chamber might be? The kundalini. The chrism is why Christ was called Christ. "The fire is the chrism, the light is the fire." I'm still thinking this is referring to the kundalini. Okay, moving on. This is the next paragraph.
    Truth did not come into the world naked, but it came in types and images. The world will not receive truth in any other way. There is a rebirth and an image of rebirth. It is certainly necessary to be born again through the image. Which one? Resurrection. The image must rise again through the image.
    This could be referring to raising, or resurrecting the kundalini. It must rise again, up into the bridal chamber. Maybe. Again, from The Gospel of Philip:
    If the woman had not separated from the man, she should not die with the man. His separation became the beginning of death. Because of this, Christ came to repair the separation, which was from the beginning, and again unite the two, and to give life to those who died as a result of the separation, and unite them. But the woman is united to her husband in the bridal chamber. Indeed, those who have united in the bridal chamber will no longer be separated. Thus Eve separated from Adam because it was not in the bridal chamber that she united with him.
    So the kundalini must be united with Epinoia? Something's definitely here. Remember all that talk of the chief archon defiling Eve? Well, look at the physiology and keep in mind the metaphors. The brain stem may represent the phallus (Freud? lol) which is the demiurge ... It's rubbing against some aspect of Eve in the bridal chamber. Just something to get the gears turning.

--------------------------

About the cerebellum. I do think it represents the Tree of Knowledge (the arbor vitae is the white matter in the cerebellum -- it's latin for tree of life), and it has been supplanted by the brain stem. We know very little about the cerebellum, and it's known functions really undermine it's structure and complexity. When Descartes talks about the pineal body he wasn't talking about the pineal gland as we know it. He was describing and commentating on the vermis of the cerebellum. So all the "seat of the soul" stuff from Descartes wasn't referencing the pineal gland -- he was talking about a structure in the cerebellum (something like that, you might want to fact check that one for specifics). That's cool. Anyways, check this out.

From Wikipedia:
    Because of its large number of tiny granule cells, the cerebellum contains more neurons than the rest of the brain put together, but it takes up only 10% of total brain volume. The number of neurons in the cerebellum is related to the number of neurons in the neocortex. There are about 3.6 times as many neurons in the cerebellum as in neocortex, a number that is conserved across many different mammalian species.
    Now, if you want something else really interesting to discuss ... the cerebellum of Neanderthals was much larger than that of modern humans and early modern humans (cro-magnons). This has led to theories that Neanderthals were matriarchal and worshiped the moon. Emmanuel Swedenborg has some interesting thoughts on the cerebellum. There's some interesting things out there if you google it. May be for another thread though.

Oh, one more thing about the demiurge. Horus ra being the ancient alien parasite. Horus ra representing the demiurge... another interesting physiological correlation with the psyche...

The brow over the eye could represent a horn of the hippocampus instead of the corpus callosum...

Main points in this post were supposed to be: 1) certain parts of the limbic system and the brain stem correlating to the demiurge, chimera, and the eye of horus, 2) the cerebellum and the tree of knowledge, 3) the kundalini and the chrism, and 4) the bridal chamber.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 11th August 2013 at 17:17.

6. Link to Post #244
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Here's some excerpts from a good article from the Gnosis website. I think that Pronoia, Epinoia, Sophia, Eve of Life, Magdalene ... they may all be aspects of each other, essentially representing the same principles.

-----------
    Like many of the greatest Gnostic teachers, Valentinus claimed to have been instructed by a direct disciple of one of Jesus' apostles, an "apostolic man" by the name of Theodas. Tertullian also stated that Valentinus was personally acquainted with Origen [9eagle9 I thought of you when I read this, see also Origenes], and one may speculate with some justification that his influence on this orthodox church father was considerable.

[...]

The often-debated cosmogony of Valentinus might be most profitably understood as being based on a single existential recognition, which might be summarized thus: Something is wrong. Somewhere, somehow, the fabric of being at the existential level of human functioning has lost its integrity. We live in a system which is lacking in essential integrity, and thus is defective. So-called orthodox Christians as well as Jews recognize that there is a certain "wrongness" in human existence, but they account for it chiefly in terms of the effects of human sin, original or other.

[...]

Valentinus, in opposition to this guilt-ridden view of life, held that the above-noted defect is not the result of our wrongdoing, but is inherent in the system of existence wherein we live and move and have our being. Moreover, by postulating that creation itself is lacking in integrity, Valentinus not only removes the weight of personal and collective guilt from our shoulders but also points to the redemptive potential resident in the soul of every human being.

Humans live in an absurd world that can be rendered meaningful only by Gnosis, or self-knowledge. When referring to the myth of the creation of the world by a god, Valentinus shifts the blame for the condition of cosmic defect from humanity to creative divinity. That God the creator could be at fault in anything is of course tantamount to blasphemy in the eyes of the orthodox. What we need to recognize, however, is that Valentinus does not view the creator with the worshipful eyes of the Judeo-Christian believer, but rather sees the creator - along with other divinities - as a mythologem. Much evidence could be adduced to demonstrate this, but one must suffice here, taken from the Gospel of Philip:
    God created man and man created God. So is it in the world. Men make gods and they worship their creations. If would be fitting for the gods to worship men. (Logion 85: 1-4)
    The present writer holds that Valentinian (as well as all other) Gnosticism can be understood in psychological terms, so that the religious mythologems treated by the Gnostics are taken to symbolize psychological conditions and intra-psychic powers of the mind.* Taking this approach we might conclude that what Valentinus tells us is that because our minds have lost their self-knowledge, we live in a self-created world that is lacking in integrity. The word kosmos used by Gnostics does not mean "world," but rather "system," and thus can be perfectly well applied to the systematization of reality created by the human ego. We need not worry overmuch about whether Valentinus insults Jehovah by calling him a demiurge. What matters is that we act as our own psychic demiurges by first creating and the inhabiting a flawed kosmos created in the image and likeness of our own flaws.

The proposition that the human mind lives in a largely self-created world of illusion from whence only the enlightenment of a kind of Gnosis can rescue it finds powerful analogues in the two great religions of the East, i.e., Hinduism and Buddhism. The following statement from the Upanishads could easily have been written by Valentinus or another Gnostic: "This (world) is God's Maya, through which he deceives himself." According to the teachings of Buddha, the world of apparent reality consists of ignorance, impermanence, and the lack of authentic selfhood. Valentinus is in very good company indeed when he establishes the proposition of the wrong system of false reality that can be set aright by the human spirit.

This brings us to the second part of what some scholars have called the "pneumatic equation" of Valentinus. After accepting the proposition of the flawed system, the mind needs to recognize a second and complementary truth. Irenaeus in his work against heresies quotes Valentinus concerning this:
    Perfect redemption is the cognition itself of the ineffable greatness: for since through ignorance came about the defect . . . the whole system springing from ignorance is dissolved in Gnosis. Therefore Gnosis is the redemption of the inner man; and it is not of the body, for the body is corruptible; nor is it psychical, for even the soul is a product of the defect and it is a lodging to the spirit: pneumatic (spiritual) therefore also must be redemption itself. Through Gnosis, then, is redeemed the inner, spiritual man: so that to us suffices the Gnosis of universal being: and this is the true redemption. (Adv. Haer. I. 21,4)
    The ignorance of the agencies that create the false system is thus undone and rectified by the spiritual Gnosis of the human being. The defect can be removed from being by Gnosis. There is no need whatsoever for guilt, for repentance from so-called sin, neither is there a need for a blind belief in a vicarious salvation by way of the death of Jesus. We don't need to be saved; we need to be transformed by Gnosis. The wrong-headedness, perversity, obtuseness, and malignancy of the existential condition of humanity can be changed into a glorious image of the fullness of being. This is done not by guilt, shame, and an eternal saviour but by the activation of the redemptive potential of self-knowledge. Spiritual self-knowledge thus becomes the inverse equivalent of the ignorance of the unredeemed ego. The elaborate mythic structures of cosmogonic and redemptive content bequeathed to us by Valentinus are but the poetic-scriptural expressions of this grand proposition, which has a direct relevance to the existential condition of the human psyche in all ages and in all cultures.

It would be erroneous to deduce from the foregoing that Valentinus negated or even diminished the importance of Jesus in his teachings. The great devotion and reverence shown for Jesus by Valentinus is amply manifest with sublime poetic beauty in the Gospel of Truth, which in its original form was in fact authored by Valentinus himself. According to Valentinus, Jesus is indeed Saviour, but the term needs to be understood in the meaning of the original Greek word, used by orthodox and Gnostic Christian alike. This word is soter, meaning healer, or bestower of health. From this is derived the word today translated as salvation, i.e., soteria, which originally meant healthiness, deliverance from imperfection, becoming whole, and preserving one's wholeness. What then is the role of the soter of spiritual maker of wholeness, if he clearly has no need to save humankind from either original or personal sin? What is the state or condition of newly found spiritual health bestowed or facilitated by such a healer-saviour?

The Gnostic contention is that both the world and humanity are sick. The sickness of the world and its equivalent human illness both have one common root: ignorance. We ignore the authentic values of life and substitute unauthentic ones for them. The unauthentic values are for the most part either physical or of the mind. We believe that we need things (such as money, symbols of power and prestige, physical pleasures) in order to be happy or whole. Similarly we fall in love with the ideas and abstractions of our minds. (The rigidities and the hardness of our lives are always due to our excessive attachment to abstract concepts and precepts.) The sickness of materialism was called hyleticism (worship of matter) by the Gnostics, while the sickness of abstract intellectualism and moralizing was known as psychism (worship of the mind-emotional soul). The true role of the facilitators of wholeness in this world, among whom Jesus occupied the place of honor, is that they can exorcise these sicknesses by bringing knowledge of the pneuma (spirit) to the soul and mind.

What is this pneuma, this spirit, which alone brings Gnosis and healing to the sickness of human nature? We cannot truly say what it is, but we can indicate what it does. It has been said that the spirit bloweth where it listeth. It brings flexibility, existential courage of life. By way of the healing agency of pneuma, the soul ceases to be fascinated and confined by things and ideas and thus it can address itself to life. The obsession of the human psyche with the importance of the material world and/or of the abstract intellectual and moral world is the sickness from which the great saviours of humanity redeem us. The obsessive state of material and mental attachments is thus replaced by spiritual freedom; the unauthentic values of the former are made to give way to the authentic ones brought by the spirit.

The methods advocated by Valentinus for the facilitating of a true spiritual Gnosis are not confined to philosophical doctrines and poetic mythologems. The Valentinian system was above all a system of sacrament. The Gospel of Philip mentions five of the seven historical sacraments (or rather their original Gnostic forms) explicitly and mentions the two remaining ones by implication.

In addition to baptism, anointing, eucharist, the initiation of priests and the rites of the dying, the Valentinian Gnosis mentions prominently two great and mysterious sacraments called "redemption" (apolytrosis) and "bridal chamber" respectively. While many of the formulae for these rites have been lost, their essential meanings can still be discovered by perusing the various accounts given by the church fathers and the references contained in the Gnostic scriptures.

The bridal chamber, or pneumatic union, is by far the most frequently alluded to of the greater sacraments. The Gospel of Philip makes constant references to it and statements concerning it are scattered in a large number of the Gnostic scriptures. Irenaeus associates this sacrament primarily with the followers of Valentinus, but the theoretical foundations serving as its psychological rationale are present in the corpus of Gnostic writings generally. Thus the Gospel According to Thomas, which is generally considered to be relatively free of Valentinian influences, presents us with what might be considered the clearest formulation of the theoretical foundation of the bridal chamber in its 22nd Logion:
    When you make the two one, and when you make the inner as the outer and the outer as the inner and the above as the below, and when you make the male and the female into a single one, so that the male will not be male and the female not be female . . . then shall you enter the kingdom.
    The psychological basis upon which the bridal chamber ritual is founded is fairly easily understood. The Gnosis considers the human being as divided and fragmented within itself. The divisions have numerous aspects: We are involved in what modern psychology would call an Ego-Self dichotomy, in an Anima-Animus dichotomy, in a body-mind dichotomy, in a subjective-objective dichotomy, and many others. All of these divisions require mending, or healing. Even as the Pleroma, or divine plenum, is characterized by wholeness, so the human being must once again become whole and thereby acquire the qualifications to reenter the Pleroma. Contemporary, especially Jungian depth psychology envisions such a pneumatic union as the ultimate objective of what it calls the individuation process. Unlike Jungian psychologists who can offer only the practice of analysis as an instrumentality of the process of reunification, Valentinus was apparently inspired to document and ritually dramatize this union in the great sacrament of the bridal chamber. The Sophia myth serves in many ways as the mythological support of this sacrament. The myth implies that the creation of the imperfect world and the confinement of the soul within it originated through the disruption of the original spiritual unity of the Pleroma, so that the return of the soul into the loving embrace of her bridegroom, as indicated by the return of Sophia into the arms of Jesus, then represents the healing of this disruption and restoration of wholeness.

Source: http://gnosis.org/valentinus.htm
    -----------

These are only excerpts. The full article can be found in the link.

*Remember that the psyche has a correlating physiology (according to Jung, and I agree with this theory). This is what I'm interested in deciphering currently as illustrated by my previous posts. Again, provisional and ongoing.
    "The psyche…as a medium participates in both Spirit and Matter. I am convinced that it (the psyche) is partly of a material nature. The archetypes, for example, are Ideas (in the Platonic sense) on the one hand, and yet are directly connected with physiological processes on the other; and in cases of synchronicity they are arrangers of physical circumstances, so that they can also be regarded as a characteristic of Matter (as the feature which imbues it with meaning)." -Carl Jung
    Thanks,

Vivek

PS - It's interesting that "kosmos" is translated to mean "world" when it really means "system". So, I'm going to re-read "On the Origin of the World" with that in mind. Reminds me of the matrix (not the movie necessarily, but the whole idea of the illusion) ... The system ... hmmm.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 11th August 2013 at 17:05.

7. Link to Post #245
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

I found the videos- Jacobovici's Talpiot Tomb- interesting as a general information only. I did not find them neither special nor original. Full of assumptions, and translations... with which I do not agree.
    All the letters and names- as we can see- were translated based on some of the standard presumptions of what they might mean. JHVH are hebrew letters representing the sacred name of GOD. NOT JESUS as we were led to believe. It doesn't matter that Christ could be associated with GOD, JHVH does not equal JESUS.
    The fish for me was there to represent the age of pisces.
    The information from the film, although interesting, was inconclusive and misleading for me.
    I once saw a feature film on the same subject, almost completely going over the same issues and ideas. I guess we all need to know that Jesus existed, but I am not interested in finding his tomb, or remains. Whatever Jesus-CHRIST was / is, is not in the remains, so digging for them doesn't inspire me all that much.
    ~~~~

I happened to come across a book that totally shatters the idea of religion. The book is "written" by R.M. Sky, the same author of the Terra Papers. It describes the origins of almost everything- grammar, names, ideas, gods, words, that we relate today with religion - system - matrix - feminine vs masculine- etc. Unfortunately it is in my language and in paper format only, so I can't share it with anyone that is not present physically to read, and I am neither patient nor I have time to translate it, but looking at the religious system and world we live in currently, I found this book invaluable. It is quite complex, so I cannot summarize everything properly like it should be for the person to be able to get into the logic of it. May be after a few months I will try.
    Last edited by chocolate; 11th August 2013 at 17:51.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Christine (11th August 2013), Freed Fox (11th August 2013), karelia (11th August 2013)

9. Link to Post #246
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

When you make the two one, and when you make the inner as the outer and the outer as the inner and the above as the below, and when you make the male and the female into a single one, so that the male will not be male and the female not be female . . . then shall you enter the kingdom.

The bridal chambers is in the brain, when we unite two into one, that your left masculine hemisphere outer, and your right feminine hemisphere inner, that's the Chemical wedding, the Solomans temple, the Philosophers stone, the marriage opens the third eye, and unites the above with below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	at one (2).jpg
Views:	2571
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	22345

Name:	at one (3).jpg
Views:	13692
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	22346

Name:	at one (4).jpg
Views:	1319
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	22347

Name:	at one (5).jpg
Views:	699
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	22348

Name:	at one (6).jpg
Views:	379
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	22349

roman

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

1 flew over (16th August 2013), CD7 (11th August 2013), chocolate (12th August 2013), Christine (11th August 2013), Freed Fox (11th August 2013), gripreaper (12th August 2013), Jayke (12th August 2013), Jeffrey (12th August 2013), lookbeyond (11th August 2013), Ria (12th August 2013), seko (12th August 2013), Snookie (23rd August 2013), Sophocles (11th August 2013), william r sanford72 (12th August 2013)

11. Link to Post #247
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Here's some excerpts from a good article from the Gnosis website. I think that Pronoia, Epinoia, Sophia, Eve of Life, Magdalene ... they may all be aspects of each other, essentially representing the same principles.

-----------
    This brings us to the second part of what some scholars have called the "pneumatic equation" of Valentinus. After accepting the proposition of the flawed system, the mind needs to recognize a second and complementary truth. Irenaeus in his work against heresies quotes Valentinus concerning this:
    Perfect redemption is the cognition itself of the ineffable greatness: for since through ignorance came about the defect . . . the whole system springing from ignorance is dissolved in Gnosis. Therefore Gnosis is the redemption of the inner man; and it is not of the body, for the body is corruptible; nor is it psychical, for even the soul is a product of the defect and it is a lodging to the spirit: pneumatic (spiritual) therefore also must be redemption itself. Through Gnosis, then, is redeemed the inner, spiritual man: so that to us suffices the Gnosis of universal being: and this is the true redemption. (Adv. Haer. I. 21,4)
    The ignorance of the agencies that create the false system is thus undone and rectified by the spiritual Gnosis of the human being. The defect can be removed from being by Gnosis. There is no need whatsoever for guilt, for repentance from so-called sin, neither is there a need for a blind belief in a vicarious salvation by way of the death of Jesus. We don't need to be saved; we need to be transformed by Gnosis.

[...]

The true role of the facilitators of wholeness in this world, among whom Jesus occupied the place of honor, is that they can exorcise these sicknesses by bringing knowledge of the pneuma (spirit) to the soul and mind.

What is this pneuma, this spirit, which alone brings Gnosis and healing to the sickness of human nature? We cannot truly say what it is, but we can indicate what it does. It has been said that the spirit bloweth where it listeth. It brings flexibility, existential courage of life. By way of the healing agency of pneuma, the soul ceases to be fascinated and confined by things and ideas and thus it can address itself to life. The obsession of the human psyche with the importance of the material world and/or of the abstract intellectual and moral world is the sickness from which the great saviours of humanity redeem us. The obsessive state of material and mental attachments is thus replaced by spiritual freedom; the unauthentic values of the former are made to give way to the authentic ones brought by the spirit.

The methods advocated by Valentinus for the facilitating of a true spiritual Gnosis are not confined to philosophical doctrines and poetic mythologems. The Valentinian system was above all a system of sacrament. The Gospel of Philip mentions five of the seven historical sacraments (or rather their original Gnostic forms) explicitly and mentions the two remaining ones by implication.

In addition to baptism, anointing, eucharist, the initiation of priests and the rites of the dying, the Valentinian Gnosis mentions prominently two great and mysterious sacraments called "redemption" (apolytrosis) and "bridal chamber" respectively. While many of the formulae for these rites have been lost, their essential meanings can still be discovered by perusing the various accounts given by the church fathers and the references contained in the Gnostic scriptures.

The bridal chamber, or pneumatic union, is by far the most frequently alluded to of the greater sacraments. The Gospel of Philip makes constant references to it and statements concerning it are scattered in a large number of the Gnostic scriptures.

Source: http://gnosis.org/valentinus.htm
    -----------

These are only excerpts. The full article can be found in the link.

*Remember that the psyche has a correlating physiology (according to Jung, and I agree with this theory) [...]
    "The psyche…as a medium participates in both Spirit and Matter. I am convinced that it (the psyche) is partly of a material nature. The archetypes, for example, are Ideas (in the Platonic sense) on the one hand, and yet are directly connected with physiological processes on the other; and in cases of synchronicity they are arrangers of physical circumstances, so that they can also be regarded as a characteristic of Matter (as the feature which imbues it with meaning)." -Carl Jung
    Okay, about the pneuma. Marin, about the oils. I'm not as familiar with all of the effects of the actual oils on the body. They could be symbolic of special fluids in the body that correspond to the physiological transformations/processes that take place with all the physical and spiritual aspects of achieving gnosis.

Excerpts from Descartes and the Pineal Gland:
    The first description of the pineal gland and the first speculations about its functions are to be found in the voluminous writings of Galen (ca. 130-ca. 210 AD), the Greek medical doctor and philosopher who spent the greatest part of his life in Rome and whose system dominated medical thinking until the seventeenth century.

Galen discussed the pineal gland in the eighth book of his anatomical work On the usefulness of the parts of the body. He explained that it owes its name (Greek: kônarion, Latin: glandula pinealis) to its resemblance in shape and size to the nuts found in the cones of the stone pine (Greek: kônos, Latin: pinus pinea). He called it a gland because of its appearance and said that it has the same function as all other glands of the body, namely to serve as a support for blood vessels.

In order to understand the rest of Galen's exposition, the following two points should be kept in mind. First, his terminology was different from ours. He regarded the lateral ventricles of the brain as one paired ventricle and called it the anterior ventricle. He accordingly called the third ventricle the middle ventricle, and the fourth the posterior one. Second, he thought that these ventricles were filled with “psychic pneuma,” a fine, volatile, airy or vaporous substance which he described as “the first instrument of the soul.” (See Rocca 2003 for a detailed description of Galen's views about the anatomy and physiology of the brain.)

Galen went to great lengths to refute a view that was apparently circulating in his time (but whose originators or protagonists he did not mention) according to which the pineal gland regulates the flow of psychic pneuma in the canal between the middle and posterior ventricles of the brain, just as the pylorus regulates the passage of food from the esophagus to the stomach. Galen rejected this view because, first, the pineal gland is attached to the outside of the brain and, second, it cannot move on its own. He argued that the “worm-like appendage” [epiphysis or apophysis] of the cerebellum (nowadays known as the vermis superior cerebelli) is much better qualified to play this role (Kühn 1822, pp. 674-683; May 1968, vol. 1, pp. 418-423).
    So Galen argued that the vermis superior in the cerebellum acted as a gate that controlled the flow of the pneuma. I wrote earlier that Descartes was mistaking the pineal gland for the vermis. Well, he really did mean the pineal gland. Galen (and some others) argued it was the vermis of the cerebellum that regulated the flow of the pneuma.

Some ideas ... the superior medullary velum --->
    The superior medullary velum (anterior medullary velum, valve of Vieussens) is a thin, transparent lamina of white matter, which stretches between the superior cerebellar peduncles; on the dorsal surface of its lower half the folia and lingula are prolonged.

It forms, together with the superior cerebellar peduncle, the roof of the upper part of the fourth ventricle; it is narrow above, where it passes beneath the facial colliculi, and broader below, where it is continuous with the white substance of the superior vermis.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_medullary_velum
    I'm going to have to research more, but let me just tell you what I'm thinking right off the bat. I'm thinking the oil (what is also the oil of the anointed one), or the unguent, could be cerebrospinal fluid or something like that. The medullary velum is a valve that works in concert with the vermis and it can be opened (?). This allows the unguent (in the forth ventricle) to flow into a canal and up into something (the bridal chamber?). These are questions as much as they are statements.

This could be achieved by a special form of breathing. Breathing is mostly involuntary. When it is voluntary, it's controlled by the cerebellum from what I've read. The breath contains the prana too, I think that's worth mentioning.

The pineal gland is in direct contact with cerebrospinal fluid as I understand it. I'm just using CSF as an example (could be melatonin or something else). Apparently CSF also has special properties according to Descartes ... anyways.

CSF is 99% water in it's pristine state. Thinking of the metaphysical aspects of water (modwiz, thinking of you). I wonder if there's a correlation with baptism and CSF. CSF cleanses the brain (see: NEW BRAIN CLEANING SYSTEM DISCOVERED). Baptism metaphors?

From the Gospel of Philip:
    It is from water and fire that the soul and the spirit came into being. It is from water and fire and light that the son of the bridal chamber (came into being). The fire is the chrism, the light is the fire.
    Does the water represent the CSF? And the fire is the kundalini energy?

It'll take me a while to mull it all over and read more on it. Just tossing it out there.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 11th August 2013 at 19:02.

12. Link to Post #248
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

Quote Posted by chocolate (here)
    All the letters and names- as we can see- were translated based on some of the standard presumptions of what they might mean. JHVH are hebrew letters representing the sacred name of GOD. NOT JESUS as we were led to believe.
    Just a small note, but I've never heard of anyone using those letters to represent Jesus. I've known them to be associated with the 'incommunicable' name of 'God' (in this case, Jehovah or Yahweh). Of course there are many theories on this, including those which state that Jehovah and Yahweh were separate entities, both considered to be gods of sorts.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

Jayke (11th August 2013), Jeffrey (11th August 2013), johnf (12th August 2013), karelia (11th August 2013)

14. Link to Post #249
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Okay ... this is incredible. Seriously.

The Perates were a Gnostic sect that existed in the 2nd century ACE. They seemed to be big on metaphors also, but especially metaphors that alluded to the physiology of the body. Here's more on them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perates

The following excerpts were plucked from the book entitled, Ante-Nicene Fathers.

From Wikipedia:
    The Ante-Nicene Fathers, subtitled "The Writings of the Fathers Down to A.D. 325", is a collection of books in 10 volumes (one volume is indexes) containing English translations of the majority of Early Christian writings. The period covers the beginning of Christianity until before the promulgation of the Nicene Creed at the First Council of Nicaea. The translations are very faithful, but sometimes rather old-fashioned.
    Remember when your reading the excerpts, as above so below. Okay, here are some excerpts from a commentary on the doctrine of the Perates.
    No one, then, he says, can be saved or return (into heaven) without the Son, and the Son is the Serpent. For as he brought down from above the paternal marks, so again he carries up from thence those marks roused from a dormant condition and rendered paternal characteristics, substantial ones from the unsubstantial Being, transferring them hither from thence.

[...]

In this manner, he says, is the portrayed, perfect, and consubstantial genus drawn again from the world by the Serpent; nor does he (attract) anything else, as it has been sent down by him. For a proof of this, they adduce the anatomy of the brain, assimilating, from the fact of its immobility, the brain itself to the Father, and the cerebellum to the Son, because of its being moved and being of the form of (the head of) a serpent. And they allege that this (cerebellum), by an ineffable and inscrutable process, attracts through the pineal gland the spiritual and life-giving substance emanating from the vaulted chamber (in which the brain is embedded). And on receiving this, the cerebellum in an ineffable manner imparts the ideas, just as the Son does, to matter; or, in other words, the seeds and the genera of the things produced according to the flesh flow along into the spinal marrow.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ante-Nicene_Fathers.
    Again, I'm thinking about the kundalini, the cerebellum, the thalamus/bridal-chamber, CSF, and the archcontic tree described in the Nag Hammadi. The Perates seem to have pieced it together slightly differently. This is exciting.

Alright, this next excerpt is from the chapter entitled, The Hebdomadarii; System of the Arithmeticians; Pressed Into the Service of Heresy; Instances of, in Simon and Valentinus; The Nature of the Universe Deductible From the Physiology of the Brain.

When I read that last part ... no words. I'm just on the edge of my seat here.
    Some indeed, then, attempt likewise to form the hebdomads from the medical (art), being astonished at the dissection of the brain, asserting that the substance of the universe and the power of procreation and the Godhead could be ascertained from the arrangement of the brain.
    I'll be busy reading for awhile.

Here's a link to the book: http://books.google.com/books?id=HjE...page&q&f=false

There are free PDFs available too.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 11th August 2013 at 20:16.

15. Link to Post #250
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Again, I'm thinking about the kundalini, the cerebellum, the thalamus/bridal-chamber, CSF, and the archcontic tree described in the Nag Hammadi. The Perates seem to have pieced it together slightly differently. This is exciting.

Alright, this next excerpt is from the chapter entitled, The Hebdomadarii; System of the Arithmeticians; Pressed Into the Service of Heresy; Instances of, in Simon and Valentinus; The Nature of the Universe Deductible From the Physiology of the Brain.

When I read that last part ... no words. I'm just on the edge of my seat here.
    Some indeed, then, attempt likewise to form the hebdomads from the medical (art), being astonished at the dissection of the brain, asserting that the substance of the universe and the power of procreation and the Godhead could be ascertained from the arrangement of the brain.
    I'll be busy reading for awhile.

Here's a link to the book: http://books.google.com/books?id=HjE...page&q&f=false

There are free PDFs available too.
    Go Vivek, You're on a roll...

Many correlations between what you're saying and Taiost alchemical practices.

For example Taoists call the centre of the brain, the area that's home to the pineal, pituitary, thalamus and hypothalamus glands "the Crystal Palace", 'the throne of clear seeing', 'the gateway to heaven'. In Vajryana buddhism its believed that when attaining 'the clear light of bliss' during meditation, the mouth fills with a milk like secretion that drips into the throat from the pineal gland. which is responsible for DMT like mystical visions, feeling at oneness with the divine, its believed to rejuvenate body and mind, making joints more supple, teeth to regrow etc its where the idea of a fountain of youth came from.

More at...

http://biologyofkundalini.com/articl...eCrystalPalace
    Last edited by Jayke; 11th August 2013 at 20:56.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

1 flew over (16th August 2013), CD7 (11th August 2013), chocolate (12th August 2013), Christine (11th August 2013), Freed Fox (11th August 2013), Jean-Marie (12th August 2013), Jeffrey (12th August 2013), karelia (11th August 2013), Marin (12th August 2013), seko (12th August 2013), Snookie (23rd August 2013), Teo (11th August 2013), william r sanford72 (14th August 2013), Wind (12th August 2013)

17. Link to Post #251
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

I recommend this video talk by Santos Bonacci which goes into explanation of the subject of this thread and the vital information that Vivec has injected into it (neurologically). Very serious subject.

Your Body IS the Holy Land:
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

CD7 (11th August 2013), chocolate (12th August 2013), Christine (11th August 2013), Freed Fox (11th August 2013), gripreaper (12th August 2013), Jayke (12th August 2013), Jeffrey (12th August 2013), Marin (11th August 2013), northstar (11th August 2013), seko (12th August 2013), SilentFeathers (11th August 2013), william r sanford72 (14th August 2013)

19. Link to Post #252
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 times in 898 posts

<snip>
    I happened to come across a book that totally shatters the idea of religion. The book is "written" by R.M. Sky, the same author of the Terra Papers. It describes the origins of almost everything- grammar, names, ideas, gods, words, that we relate today with religion - system - matrix - feminine vs masculine- etc. Unfortunately it is in my language and in paper format only, so I can't share it with anyone that is not present physically to read, and I am neither patient nor I have time to translate it, but looking at the religious system and world we live in currently, I found this book invaluable. It is quite complex, so I cannot summarize everything properly like it should be for the person to be able to get into the logic of it. May be after a few months I will try.
    R.M. Sky sounds like Robert Morning Sky, especially if it's the same as the author of the Terra Papers. I don't know how books are published in your country, but in many countries there is a page (usually the left side) near the front or back that contains some blurb including year published, edition, and if translated, original title. Would you mind looking that up? That would help us finding the original, as Robert Morning Sky writes in English. Thanks!

20. Link to Post #253
    Deactivated
    Thanks

removed by author
    Last edited by A.D.; 26th January 2015 at 01:13.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A.D. For This Post:

gripreaper (12th August 2013), Jeffrey (12th August 2013), william r sanford72 (25th January 2014)

22. Link to Post #254
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Excerpt from the writings of the ante-nicene fathers:
    For the brain, being the dominant portion of the entire body, reposes calm and unmoved, containing within itself the spirit. Such an account, then, is not incredible, but widely differs from the conclusions wich these (heretics) attempt to deduce from it. For the brain, on being dissected, has within it what may be called a vaulted chamber. And on either side of this are thin membranes, which they term little wings. Now these are gently moved by the spirit, and in turn propel towards the cerebellum the spirit, which, careering through a certain blood-vessel like a reed, advances towards the pineal gland. And near this is situated the entrance of the cerebellum, which admits the current of spirit, and distributes it into what is styled the spinal marrow. But from them the whole frame participates in the spiritual energy, inasmuch as all the arteries, like a branch, are fastened on from this blood-vessel, the extremity of which terminates in the genital blood vessels, whence all the (animal) seeds proceeding from the brain through the loin are secreted (in the seminal glands).
    So, the vaulted chamber is the bridal chamber – this is in the middle of the brain. The little wings are the lateral ventricles that contain cerebrospinal fluid (or the thin flaps on the bottom of the ventricles). This is what the eagle represented! The wings of the eagle! The Gnostic gospels said that the Tree of Knowledge had fruit like a date. The date represents the pineal gland.

From, On the Origin of the World:
    And next to it (is) the tree of knowledge (gnosis), having the strength of God. Its glory is like the moon when fully radiant. And its branches are beautiful. Its leaves are like fig leaves. Its fruit is like a good appetizing date.

[...]

"It is you who are the tree of knowledge, which is in Paradise, from which the first man ate and which opened his mind; and he loved his female counterpart and condemned the other, alien likenesses and loathed them."
    Now, this next excerpt is from the Apocryphon of John:
    And our sister Sophia (is) she who came down in innocence in order to rectify her deficiency. Therefore she was called Life, which is the mother of the living, by the foreknowledge of the sovereignty of heaven. And through her they have tasted the perfect Knowledge. I appeared in the form of an eagle on the tree of knowledge, which is the Epinoia from the foreknowledge of the pure light, that I might teach them and awaken them out of the depth of sleep. For they were both in a fallen state, and they recognized their nakedness. The Epinoia appeared to them as a light; she awakened their thinking.
    Check out a cross-section of the area of the brain we're talking about here.

The pineal gland looks like it has wings (ie the lateral ventricles). This is the form of the eagle on the tree of knowledge!

Holy cow, I just thought of something ...

Alright, notice the two horizontal crevaces on either side of the wings in the first picture of the brain. Now, look at the vertical one on top (in the middle). Cerebrospinal fluid flows in there (along with the ventricles). It would also flow around the brain. It makes a cross! It flows through the spinal cord too. It's a cross. The eagle is the wings of the cross. The kundalini ascends up the cross. Fire and water. Purification.

By the way when the fire and water come together, or the kundalini and the eagle ... a serpent with wings makes me think of a dragon. Maybe dragons blood is the water (CSF/pneuma) with kundalini energy. Maybe that's what is meant by the blood of Christ? Something along those lines maybe.. hmmmmm...
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 12th August 2013 at 02:31.

23. Link to Post #255
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Question Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

In some ways the second coin is even more fascinating, in that it appears on the observe to have a symbol that is quite precisely like the Talpiot “Jesus” tomb facade, including the top little “chimney” that Simcha has emphasized in his post. The editors find it totally unique and don’t even hazard a guess as to its meaning and significance. The three dots to the left of the symbol add all the more to the intrigue:

Crusaders, Lordship of Sidon, Anonymous Copper, c. 1250 – 1291”
    I think James Tabor is going a bit too fast on this issue because it's easy to find similar symbols on many coins :

Early Anglo-Saxon, Secondary Sceattas, (c.720-735 A.D.)
    Provenance: Found Cambridgeshire.

Sceatta (c.695-740 A.D.)

Anglo-Saxon Sceatta,Baldwin's Auctions.

Kings of Mercia, Offa (757-796), Penny,
    East Anglia, heavy coinage (c.792-796)

Kings of Mercia, Offa (757-796), Penny, Canterbury heavy coinage (792).
    Coin Register 1997, found near Lincoln

----------------------------

I'm not convinced by the first coin either (Wolter’s “Coinage of the Kings of Jerusalem.”) :

Quote from rogueclassicism.com/tag/knight-templar/ :
    Quote Why do we call this ‘chevron and circle’ when even those who see ‘chevron and circle’ can connect it to a temple? Why aren’t we — instead of trying to leap twelve centuries to make a link — looking at some of the coinage from the first couple centuries A.D.? Check this 2nd century coin (one of several) from Pseudo-Autonomous:

We can list other coins with a circle-in-pediment design (sometimes called a shield rather than a circle) with less ‘pseudo’ images: Alexander Severus, Caracalla, Augustus, and Maxentius (the latter used the image a LOT).
    Last edited by Atlas; 12th August 2013 at 08:20.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

CD7 (12th August 2013), Marin (12th August 2013), william r sanford72 (14th August 2013)

25. Link to Post #256
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

I wonder if anyone noticed the space between the circle and the door, and the width of the door is not the same as the original Talpiot tomb either, there's something wrong here :

EDIT - My mistake, I thought the entrance door was wider because of the angle of the camera but this picture gives a better view:

Last edited by Atlas; 12th August 2013 at 08:58.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

chocolate (12th August 2013), nomadguy (13th August 2013), william r sanford72 (14th August 2013)

27. Link to Post #257
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CD7 (here)
    In one of the videos presented it shows the symbol on the front of the suspected Jesus family tomb. They did not go into detail about what/where this symbol came from--its meaning? im not too familiar with a triangle and a dot....any ideas or anyone know where these symbols derive from?
    This Coptic Grave Stele from Upper Egypt may be a clue:

or this Gravestone of a Christian named Datus, 3rd Century CE, Catacombs, Rome: Jesus Raising Lazarus

Source: www.uhl.ac/en/resources/blog/chevron-foiled/

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

CD7 (12th August 2013), chocolate (12th August 2013), Marin (12th August 2013), nomadguy (13th August 2013), william r sanford72 (14th August 2013)

29. Link to Post #258
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Quote I think James Tabor is going a bit too fast on this issue because it's easy to find similar symbols on many coins :

Buares thanks for showing more coins...no doubt there are a lot of symbols that have fallen by the wasteside through time and forgotten. Eight of the coins shown I personally do not see a relation to the specific symbol weve been discussing from the tomb. There are however different images that I am not familiar with that im sure with in depth study could give many clues to the time period it derived from. It has been very exciting seeing the information coming up in this thread that has really not been focused on.

I wish I had more time to do research, but I just don't....I would focus on the heart to see if there are correlations with the brain analogies...
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Atlas (12th August 2013), Marin (12th August 2013), william r sanford72 (15th October 2013)

31. Link to Post #259
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

from Margaret Starbierd's website:

Quote Apparently the chervron above a circle is a generic symbol for a temple, found on other coins minted in the Middle East. [...] The Knights of the Temple of Solomon who minted their coin in the 13th century obviously associated the image of the Man in the Shroud with the Talpiot tomb
    Unlike Ms Starbierd, my view is that the emblem above the tomb might simply suggest that the tomb itself is actually nothing else but a tomb. There isn't enough evidence to make a connection between the templar coin and the Talpiot tomb.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

CD7 (13th August 2013), chocolate (12th August 2013), Snookie (23rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (25th January 2014)

33. Link to Post #260
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Quote Posted by karelia (here)
    <snip>

R.M. Sky sounds like Robert Morning Sky, especially if it's the same as the author of the Terra Papers. I don't know how books are published in your country, but in many countries there is a page (usually the left side) near the front or back that contains some blurb including year published, edition, and if translated, original title. Would you mind looking that up? That would help us finding the original, as Robert Morning Sky writes in English. Thanks!
    I will write down everything, but what I have is an edition done by bulgarian writers based on Terra Papers, and some other ones written by Robert Morning Sky. this book came out last month, and I think it is one of its kind, but I am sure the original papers still exist in English somewhere. Once I have read it I'll cite also the original documents, because they come up constantly as foot notes and explanations.

Freed Fox, I also reacted like that when in the documentary the involved parties made the JHVH equivalent to God and Jesus at the same time.
    The film was good, just not my type of information right now.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Christine (12th August 2013), Freed Fox (12th August 2013), karelia (14th August 2013), Marin (12th August 2013), william r sanford72 (14th August 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst 1 3 13 23 35 LastLast