+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst 1 13 23 33 35 LastLast

Thread: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

1. Link to Post #441
    United States Avalon Member 1 flew over's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote Posted by Christine Lori (here)

Thank you 1 flew over. I need a pass on the confusion. I am not great on posting with a quote. I can capture the text, but not the quote marks. Sorry. My mistake. But the book is not about religion.. It is about the Christ Conciousness . When I first read it I had not ever heard of that awakening. So it really threw me for a loop. It goes deep into the concept.
    It maybe very old. But I see it is available again. Maybe some Avalonians should give it a look see. An antique gem. I am ordering it. My copy was mimeographed. That's OLD!
    Christine

On the quote/posting thing I am slowly figuring it out. When you hit reply with quote, try keeping the first squared parentheses then there is an =, then the name of the prior poster, then a number, then a semicolon, then a closed squared parentheses. Keep all that then delete anything that you don’t want and make sure that it ends with squared parentheses a back slash the word quote and a closed squared parenthesis. Inserting a second or third quote gets more difficult but the process is similar once you work through and understand the process. Hopefully some of that will make sense. Also using the Advanced post key will allow you to preview your post. There is a practice thread to try stuff. There are also probably some instructions somewhere but what is the challenge in using those?

Secondly; you mentioned that you ordered the book but I am still unsure as to what you ordered. Any hints? The consciousness aspect is more my area of interest so it could be a good read of another's viewpoint.

Thanks
    Be Well
    1 Flew Over
    p.s. On the mimeographed works being old theme; there was a Garrison Keillor bit where he was talking about using carbon paper to a young woman and she asked him if that is sort of like carbon dating. He mentioned probably closer than she may think.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

Crystine (21st November 2013), william r sanford72 (21st November 2013)

3. Link to Post #442
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

"We just need better engineers. They are coming, I believe." sayeth my good friend, Calamus.

"They are already, in fact, here." sayeth me to my good friend Calamus.

1Flew, don't sweat the flames. I've got asbestos pants, and really...friends talk about these things all the time as part of hashing through ideas, and lots of times we end up having better ideas about what we discuss. I'm going to do some digging around Avalon for some of the info you've talked about, in fact I'm pretty certain that if I remember correctly there's a zip file in this thread that Bill posted. I'll make you a deal. Let's discuss and not take it personally, but maybe try and find some truths together. I'll keep an open mind if you do too, ok?
    Last edited by Milneman; 20th November 2013 at 21:16. Reason: grammar once again...I type faster than I think.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

1 flew over (21st November 2013), Crystine (21st November 2013), Kalamos (20th November 2013), william r sanford72 (21st November 2013)

5. Link to Post #443
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)
    Let's discuss and not take it personally, but maybe try and find some truths together. I'll keep an open mind if you do too, ok?
    Milneman

It looks like my last post didn't go through so I'll retry. I heard a saying about that aggression is the sign of an immature mind trying to express itself forcibly, actually I heard it as vulgarity was the sign but I took liberty of changing it up a bit but it still seems to work. I have read what you have posted and I like your style. It is good to meet you.

My looking farther into "The Christ" has been an enjoyable experience of expanding awareness and ever increasing questions. Isn't that how it works?

I just found too much discrepancy and for me a feeling of 'not quite right' in the Orthodox Canon and it was through working in the non-Orthodox writings that my viewpoint seemed to settle in. I was brought up on the King James version and I know there are many different Bibles so there will be differences version to version. I personally don’t care that much about the specifics of the story as much as the fit and feel of how it all goes together. This is another way to say I am not a biblical scholar and factually have no interest in being one.

One last bit, on one of your posts you put the reason for your edit as “grammar once again...I type faster than I think”. I am quite the opposite, not that I think real fast but I type quite slowly. I am old school and never learned to type so I out run my typing and forget my point at times, that and I don’t necessarily like to type but I will do what I can.

Peace Brother
    1 Flew Over

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

chocolate (6th February 2014), Crystine (21st November 2013), Kalamos (21st November 2013)

7. Link to Post #444
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 times in 344 posts

This is for 1 Flew Over: The book i was referring to was My Other Self, by Clarence Enzler. Knocked my socks off. It was all new to me. And a very bright light came on. Flashing Truth.

You might try reading one book titled: Divine Romance. iTunes Store has it. A very powerful look at Conciousness. Ya gotta stick with it to the end.
    Last edited by Crystine; 21st November 2013 at 20:24.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crystine For This Post:

1 flew over (22nd November 2013), chocolate (6th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #445
    Thanks

This is for 1 Flew Over: The book i was referring to was My Other Self, by Clarence Enzler. Knocked my socks off. It was all new to me. And a very bright light came on. Flashing Truth.

You might try reading one book titled: Divine Romance. iTunes Store has it. A very powerful look at Conciousness. Ya gotta stick with it to the end.
    Christine

The first two different books I listed both started with My other Self. One was written in 58 and the other 2011 or at least that is there latest print dates. I ordered the Christ Speaks to the Soul on Living His Life version and will read it willingly. I hope that it is the "correct one".

Concerning the Divine Romance book, I find 6 different ones, who was the author of the one that you recommend?

Thanks
    1 Flew Over

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

Crystine (22nd November 2013)

11. Link to Post #446
    Thanks

1 Flew Over. I can't get to your visitor page. Lost again. A PM. would have been easier.

Most likely the one written in 58 is the one I read. By Clarence Enzler. The author of Divine Romance is Gene Edwards.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crystine For This Post:

1 flew over (22nd November 2013), chocolate (6th February 2014)

13. Link to Post #447
    Deactivated
    Thanks

At the bottom, I think if we turn enough pages, read enough posts, I think we will find that we actually agree on a lot of things, especially how dogma gets in the way of truth.

Peace to you my friend. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

1 flew over (22nd November 2013), Crystine (22nd November 2013)

15. Link to Post #448
    Thanks

1 Flew Over. I can't get to your visitor page. Lost again. A PM. would have been easier.

Most likely the one written in 58 is the one I read. By Clarence Enzler. The author of Divine Romance is Gene Edwards.
    Christine Lori

I don’t do social networking and seldom ever post on anything other than this site so I don’t have a clue about visitor pages or friends links or "liking" someone or a bunch of other things that some of you may be familiar with. I have figured out PM, I’ll try that.

I ordered the My Other Self book from 58 and will see if it speaks to me and I hope that it does. I read a bunch of reviews on the Devine Romance book and it seems to be quite Christian oriented. I tend to follow Christ Consciousness and not the Christian doctrines anymore so I didn’t order it. I think I partially covered my reasons in the threads that I mentioned in one of my notes to Milneman But thanks for the referrals anyway.

Be Well
    1 Flew Over

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

chocolate (24th November 2013), Crystine (22nd November 2013)

17. Link to Post #449
    Thanks

This is not directed at you for your beliefs. i am not trying to force christianity on anyone.I believe the Divine Romance uses Christian terms words and the framework of the story. But the story is about that which we say "I Am". This I Am dies and so do all others. We give latitude to Buddism. Taoism. Confusionism. Paganism. Satanism. we talk of green beings. blue beings. silver beings. grey beings. beings that look like insects. and myriad others. Any on of a gazillion isms that are out there. Many creatures out there. I have tried to learn about as many as I can. I think I am surprised when something Christian flavored is not given a moment of consideration. Just waved aside. What happens to the idea of facing our fears. That is what I am trying to understand.
    Last edited by Crystine; 23rd November 2013 at 03:26.

18. Link to Post #450
    Thanks

This is not directed at you for your beliefs. i am not trying to force christianity on anyone.I believe the Divine Romance uses Christian terms words and the framework of the story. But the story is about that which we say "I Am". This I Am dies and so do all others. We give latitude to Buddism. Taoism. Confusionism. Paganism. Satanism. we talk of green beings. blue beings. silver beings. grey beings. beings that look like insects. and myriad others. Any on of a gazillion isms that are out there. Many creatures out there. I have tried to learn about as many as I can. I think I am surprised when something Christian flavored is not given a moment of consideration. Just waved aside. What happens to the idea of facing our fears. That is what I am trying to understand.
    Christine
    I never said that I thought that it was directed at me or that you were trying to force Christianity on me or anyone else.

I have been baptized, confirmed, was an alter boy and sang in the choir. I was married in a Christian Church by a Christian Minister, I was a Christian for years. At this point I have chosen not to be, not because of fears of what I will find. I quit being a Christian by studying many religions including Christianity not from fearfully not given a moment of consideration toward Christianity.

Below is a post I did earlier on a thread called; Did Jesus really exist? I realize that what is written below probably sounds like the rambling of a mad man but I am at least a well studied mad man. I mentioned to Milneman in post 435 I had just been in a 6 day Christ Consciousness workshop and also mentioned that I was studying with a biblical Scholar. So no, I have a bit of trouble excepting the thing about when something Christian flavored is not given a moment of consideration.

I had no intention of causing you upset by wanting to read one book and not another. It looks like I will draw back from this thread for a while and let things settle down. You might want to read this entire thread and the Did Christ really exist thread for your enjoyment and education.

May your God be with You
    1 Flew Over

Quote Posted by 1 flew over (here)
    Do I think there was a person named Yeshua that existed right around 2000+ years ago? That traveled with women as equals to men, who did not follow many of the rules of the Hebrews or the occupying Romans, that reached enlightenment and lost the duality that so pervades western thought. Who used his love for a woman to help build and feel higher levels of emotion and thought. That stated that he was a son of God as ye are also sons of God, also stated that you are capable of reaching greater heights than he was able to. That when speaking through his one mindedness his followers who were probably illiterate had no clue as to what he was saying. (The apostles Thomas, Mary M and Judas probably better than most) Who was a practicing shaman and using his connection to a higher energy source could help others to become healed. Who primarily spoke about loving others and living peacefully together? Yes I am beginning to.

Do I think that there was a human symbol that has been named Jesus by a conquering force and was used as a tool to distort and control humanity, to further drive a wedge between mankind, that had his words so misunderstood, added to and intentionally distorted to add to the degradation of women and people other than white males and all people of other religions and beliefs. That raised people from the dead after three days (yuck, kinda smelly) That tried to imply that he was the one and only true God. That he has been used as one of the reasons or justifications to kill millions of people, create chaos and anarchy over the last 2000 years. Yes, I have thought that for a long time.

Do I believe that by praising him as my Lord will I be saved for all eternity? No He never said that I would. I am an energy form and cannot be destroyed. My body can die, it reminds me of that all the time.
    Am I a Christian? No way. There is way too much baggage connected to the concept. I’m probably a lot closer to being a Buddhist. Just a spiritual entity having a human experience.

Be Well

1 Flew Over

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

Crystine (23rd November 2013)

20. Link to Post #451
    Thanks

To 1flewOver
    My apologies. When I read the book it question. I cried through most of I. When I got to the end I was sobbing. Was I a victim of brainwashing? I don't know. Maybe. I did grow up Catholic. It is hard to fight my way out of the webs I have all around me. I try to break away. I think I have made headway. Trying to free my thinking. But I am choking. When I come up for air I find I am still being suffocated. The training goes deep. The idea of the book that resonated with me is......the last few line........that God had His Bride. You, me. He she. Separated at the beginning. Waiting to meet again at end of time. Then all would be ONE again.

You may retire from this thread. If you wish. But I think I am in over my head here at Avalon. There are many things I have battled by myself since I was very young. Maybe sometimes I make a little progress. But never enough. That deeply sown threat from the church comes back. Hell. Then here I read. We create our own end. I am lost. In so many ways. Trying so hard. But only manage half ass. Again I am sorry.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Crystine For This Post:

william r sanford72 (26th November 2013)

22. Link to Post #452
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks

hi Please forgive me when I say all deities are irrelavent the only thing that matters is the individual living on this planet...ie what happens when I die , what about past lives and lies , when I die and recycled I presume my personality ie.. me is lost forever...Im not happy with that scenario...cos I I quite like me as I am
    Breathing in life and death one day at a time

23. The Following User Says Thank You to tonyp For This Post:

Crystine (23rd November 2013)

24. Link to Post #453
    Thanks

Quote Posted by tonyp (here)
    hi Please forgive me when I say all deities are irrelavent the only thing that matters is the individual living on this planet...ie what happens when I die , what about past lives and les , when I die and recycled I presume my personality ie.. me is lost forever...Im not happy with that scenario...cos I I quite like me as I am
    Hi Tony P. I don't think we are lost forever when we die. Die. Is not a good word. I usually like me. Only when I have hurt someone I would like a cave to crawl into. I like your comment, " what about past live and lies". They may be countless. But, then again, this could be the only one. (Life). I don't know the truth. But maybe this lie. Life on earth is better than others. Criminy, I am sorry. But I believe it is all driven by fear.. Thankyou so much for your honesty.
    Last edited by Crystine; 24th November 2013 at 19:18.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Crystine For This Post:

Kalamos (26th November 2013)

26. Link to Post #454
    United States Avalon Member Jeffrey Mark's Avatar
    Thanks

Skimmed The Urantia Papers. Very negative energy in response to the suggestion of being voted into nonexistence by the galactic hierarchy. Good sci-fi story but plays on fear. Not within the realm of my possibilities of truth

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeffrey Mark For This Post:

chocolate (24th November 2013), Crystine (24th November 2013), william r sanford72 (26th November 2013)

28. Link to Post #455
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Starting to dig into the gnostic stuff. Will be starting another thread with my findings in...good lord....2-3 weeks? LOL

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Crystine (24th November 2013), william r sanford72 (26th November 2013)

30. Link to Post #456
    Thanks

To 1flewOver
    My apologies. When I read the book it question. I cried through most of I. When I got to the end I was sobbing. Was I a victim of brainwashing? I don't know. Maybe. I did grow up Catholic. It is hard to fight my way out of the webs I have all around me. I try to break away. I think I have made headway. Trying to free my thinking. But I am choking. When I come up for air I find I am still being suffocated. The training goes deep. The idea of the book that resonated with me is......the last few line........that God had His Bride. You, me. He she. Separated at the beginning. Waiting to meet again at end of time. Then all would be ONE again.

You may retire from this thread. If you wish. But I think I am in over my head here at Avalon. There are many things I have battled by myself since I was very young. Maybe sometimes I make a little progress. But never enough. That deeply sown threat from the church comes back. Hell. Then here I read. We create our own end. I am lost. In so many ways. Trying so hard. But only manage half ass. Again I am sorry.
    Christine

Please read my PM to you concerning your PM to me.

Be Well
    1 Flew Over

On the above post: First paragraph; I at times feel like the mole in an amusement park game called whack-a-mole. Whenever I raise my head up above the surroundings someone used a mallet to pound it down so I will be like everyone else. Welcome to planet earth. After a while my head got very used to it.

second part paragraph 1; I do not find Great Spirit to be lacking and in need of a brown haired hazel eyed white woman to be complete. In my oh so humble flat headed opinion.

Second paragraph; We are all just stumbling around in the dark looking for the light switch rather than the ejection or the repeat button.
    Last edited by 1 flew over; 24th November 2013 at 20:21. Reason: brain lock

31. The Following User Says Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

Crystine (26th November 2013)

32. Link to Post #457
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)
    Starting to dig into the gnostic stuff. Will be starting another thread with my findings in...good lord....2-3 weeks? LOL
    Milneman

When I was looking at some of the Gnostic works we were helped to try to hold a single mind (all is one) viewpoint. It greatly changed what I read and how I understood it. In my opinion Yesua had obtained enlightenment and saw everything around through the oneness viewpoint rather than the duality that is so much part of our Western society. I have always found it interesting that many devout believers will say that Yesua was the only son of God or was God but cannot grasp the concept that he could be enlightened as if that can only happen to Buddhists or at the very least Buddha.

Anyway I think that Yesua was enlightened and most of his disciples were not even literate and by the time the "gospel" got written it had gone through many lesser or at least dualist minds and then scribes. There is a reason that the Gospels of Thomas and Mary Magdalene and Judas and the works of Phillip were not allowed in the RC Canon and were ordered burned. Thanks to a few Gnostics they stashed a few copies away for the future.

Happy Studying

1 Flew Over

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

chocolate (24th November 2013), Kalamos (26th November 2013), Milneman (24th November 2013), william r sanford72 (26th November 2013)

34. Link to Post #458
    Thanks

second part paragraph 1; I do not find Great Spirit to be lacking and in need of a brown haired hazel eyed white woman to be complete. In my oh so humble flat headed opinion.

Ok. Point taken. I am a red head. LOL

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Crystine For This Post:

Kalamos (26th November 2013)

36. Link to Post #459
    Thanks

Ok. Point taken. I am a red head. LOL
    Well maybe that is he is wants. Good luck on that one.

37. Link to Post #460
    Thanks

His bride would be everyone. Tall thin. Short and not thin. Blue skin. Pink skin. Red or yellow or black skin. Male or female. If spirit is energy. Non of this matters. Our consciousness survives as an individual. Me, myself I. Such an exciting.thing. I'd probably say, "Awe it's You." And God would laugh.

Not to be complete.........but the simplist thing of all, to have a play mate. I suppose my hair could be purple. His bride. Not to far out there. Israel is termed a bride. Nuns are considered wed to Christ. The ending of the book suggests this was set in motion before time. The One. Finding The One. I think it's lovely. That is why the book title. The Divine Romance. Not strictly Christian. Just One is God. God is One. Anyhow it is a happy thought. See you at the big banquet. Wedding feast.
    Last edited by Crystine; 26th November 2013 at 17:06.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst 1 13 23 33 35 LastLast