+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrington-Class Event: “The World Escaped an EMP Catastrophe 2 weeks ago"

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

Default Carrington-Class Event: “The World Escaped an EMP Catastrophe 2 weeks ago"

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/08/...aped.html#more

Two weeks ago, had the sun spot that emitted the Carrington-like flare been directed just a few degrees in our direction, we’d be living in a different world today. Likewise, ten years ago, the earth took a glancing blow.

According to researchers at EMPact America, an organization dedicated to studying and preparing for the possibility of large-scale electro magnetic pulse threats that can destroy our modern day electrical infrastructure, the earth came dangerously close to a serious destabilization event. A couple of weeks ago the sun emitted a massive CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) that, had it been earth-directed, would likely have wiped out critical portions of the world’s power grid and sent developed nations back to the stone age within a matter of seconds.

‘The world escaped an EMP catastrophe,’ Henry Cooper, who now heads High Frontier, a group pushing for missile defence, told Washington Secrets.

‘There had been a near miss about two weeks ago, a Carrington-class coronal mass ejection crossed the orbit of the Earth and basically just missed us,’ added Peter Vincent Pry, who served on the Congressional EMP Threat Commission.

‘Basically this is a Russian roulette thing,’ he said. ‘We narrowly escape from a Carrington-class disaster.’ Washington Examiner

It was a “Carrington-Class” event, named after the 1859 incident that left telegraphs around the world inoperable and reportedly even lit some of the equipment on fire because of the electric surge.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Default Re: Carrington-Class Event: “The World Escaped an EMP Catastrophe 2 weeks ago"

Believe me we have dodged many bullets and its due to help from different off world races here to help us. Without there help we would have been wiped out by now.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Atlas (2nd August 2013), bennycog (2nd August 2013), Dennis Leahy (2nd August 2013), Eram (2nd August 2013), Kristo (2nd August 2013), Prodigal Son (2nd August 2013), rosequartz (2nd August 2013), TraineeHuman (2nd August 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Carrington-Class Event: “The World Escaped an EMP Catastrophe 2 weeks ago"

http://www.spaceweather.com/ says that whilst the possibility of this kind of event is real it did not happen two weeks ago & that July was a month of low activity....
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (2nd August 2013), Eram (2nd August 2013), jagman (2nd August 2013), Kristo (2nd August 2013), MargueriteBee (2nd August 2013), MorningSong (2nd August 2013), Prodigal Son (2nd August 2013), TargeT (2nd August 2013), Wind (2nd August 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,439 times in 1,555 posts

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    http://www.spaceweather.com/ says that whilst the possibility of this kind of event is real it did not happen two weeks ago & that July was a month of low activity....
    I follow spaceweather.com daily and was surprised to find that they didn't report the large coronal hole over the sun's north pole. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3667894.html

Not sure what that indicates other than I need to find an alternative site for back up data.

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

Last night on C2C George mentioned this story

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Eram (2nd August 2013), Prodigal Son (2nd August 2013), Star Tsar (2nd August 2013)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

10. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Brizil (2nd August 2013), Eram (2nd August 2013), gaiagirl (2nd August 2013), golden lady (2nd August 2013), Kristo (2nd August 2013), MargueriteBee (2nd August 2013), MorningSong (2nd August 2013), Nick Matkin (2nd August 2013), nomadguy (2nd August 2013), peterspm (2nd August 2013), PHARAOH (2nd August 2013), Prodigal Son (2nd August 2013), Reinhard (2nd August 2013), Sidney (2nd August 2013), Star Tsar (2nd August 2013), ThePythonicCow (2nd August 2013), Wind (2nd August 2013)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I guess I'm going to have to find last nights Coast episode, so I can see if I'm crazy or just hearing things lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Eram (2nd August 2013)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by Christine (here)
    Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    I follow spaceweather.com daily and was surprised to find that they didn't report the large coronal hole over the sun's north pole. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3667894.html

Not sure what that indicates other than I need to find an alternative site for back up data.
    This video by suspicious observers might explain the coronal hole story.

And here is the video conference stating of this disastrous "near miss".

Straight from the horses mouth AKA (CIA). That should tell you something.

Last edited by Sidney; 2nd August 2013 at 03:42.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Atlas (2nd August 2013), Christine (2nd August 2013), Eram (2nd August 2013), jagman (2nd August 2013), MorningSong (2nd August 2013), Reinhard (2nd August 2013), Star Tsar (2nd August 2013), Wind (2nd August 2013)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

You were not hearing things, I listened to that episode this morning, George was indeed repeating the news story. I'm sure he did not know it wasn't true either.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Eram (2nd August 2013), jagman (2nd August 2013)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,346 times in 21,472 posts

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    And here is the video conference stating of this disastrous "near miss".
    That mention of a "near miss" is from former Ambassador Henry "Hank" Cooper between the 0:23:55 and 0:24:23 marks:
    Quote As I understand it, and I meant to look this up after last week's discussion, we had a near miss of a solar emission within the last several months, which went by us in the orbit, that if it had hit us would have been bigger than the Canadian event by far, and from what Michael said would have been the size of the Carrington event in 1859.
    Note he said "within the last several months", not in the last couple of weeks.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Atlas (2nd August 2013), Eram (2nd August 2013), golden lady (2nd August 2013), gripreaper (2nd August 2013), MorningSong (2nd August 2013), Reinhard (2nd August 2013), Sidney (2nd August 2013), Star Tsar (2nd August 2013)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,974 times in 5,003 posts

Straight from the horses mouth AKA (CIA). That should tell you something.

Sidney, thanks for this video. It tells me three things :

1) It’s all Bradley Manning’s fault! And Tesla's for creating an AC grid with only a few large nodes!

2) There is a low-tech threat to the US electricity grid, and North Korea for instance could attack for instance with a satellite coming from the south pole. No need for an ICBM.

3) People got briefly worried about protecting their civilian infrastructure only twice: after Pearl Harbor and after 9/11 (interesting to hear the two coming up in the same sentence and for the same reason). Implied: this is going to be the third time.

My conclusion is that releasing this material on the Internet might well be an attempt to create the same fears as after Pearl Harbor and 9/11 without the need for a false-flag event – call it a low-tech false flag if you will. In this version of events, the sun’s action in creating an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) fades into insignificance compared with the threat from North Korea. The obvious question then is, if we are to worry about the Sun, and still more about North Korea, then why has this low-tech security threat not already materialized?Answer, because no one is buying into it.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Atlas (2nd August 2013), Christine (2nd August 2013), Eram (2nd August 2013), MorningSong (2nd August 2013), Prodigal Son (2nd August 2013), Sidney (2nd August 2013), ulli (2nd August 2013)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,346 times in 21,472 posts

Quote Posted by EYES WIDE OPEN (here)
    ‘The world escaped an EMP catastrophe,’ Henry Cooper, who now heads High Frontier, a group pushing for missile defence, told Washington Secrets.

‘There had been a near miss about two weeks ago, a Carrington-class coronal mass ejection crossed the orbit of the Earth and basically just missed us,’ added Peter Vincent Pry, who served on the Congressional EMP Threat Commission.

‘Basically this is a Russian roulette thing,’ he said. ‘We narrowly escape from a Carrington-class disaster.’
    As others have noted, this report originated with the Washington Examiner story Massive solar flare narrowly misses Earth, EMP disaster barely avoided, which, as you quote via the EMP Threat Panel Assembles 2 Weeks After Near Miss (Activist Post) reposting of the story, claimed that both Henry Cooper and Peter Vincent Pry claimed that there had been a near miss major EMP event.

I have now listened to every word that Peter Vincent Pry stated in that entire 1 hour and 14 minute session EMP Thread to US Electrical Grid (Youtube) meeting.

Peter Vincent Pry says no such thing. The Washington Examiner story is simply wrong on the most basic fact - posting a video of a session with claimed quotes from that session that were not made, in any way shape or form that I can discern. If someone can find any such quotes of Pry on that video, please post the details (where on the recording) and I will gladly eat any hat I might be wearing (fortunately, I don't wear hats.)

As I have reported in Post #10 above, in detail, Henry Cooper did claim we missed a major solar emission within the last two months. This meeting was on July 29, 2013, so he would have meant sometime in the last couple of months prior to then.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 2nd August 2013 at 09:29.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

meeradas (2nd August 2013), MorningSong (2nd August 2013), Prodigal Son (2nd August 2013), Reinhard (2nd August 2013), Selene (2nd August 2013), Sidney (2nd August 2013), ulli (2nd August 2013)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 times in 324 posts

My, my , my.... are we to believe that this has not been occurring since the beginning of time itself??? Are we to believe that we have been missed of have had near misses for billions of years??? Are we that intent on something of this nature or any other real or unimagined event to happen that would bring destruction upon humanity??? Why are we so quick to buy into the B.S.??? I will again apologize in advance if I offend anyone with this post. Once again, here we are assuming that those that lie, misinform and mislead us are on the cutting edge of this hidden knowledge that we are not being told or aware of. We are so quick to jump right in as though we "KNOW" it to be true.

This beautiful planet has been around for billions of years. With the sun right at our door step to make us rise from our slumber and put us in a state of peace when it appears to set. Gaia has been here all along with all of this crude oil in her belly, molten lava in her pit and methane gas in her intestines; again, for billions of years. Yet we are to assume that we can destroy or kill her with our pesky little selves.

Folks, it is time to stop dying and begin living. We are growing more and more stale and stagnant by the minute, hour and day as we continue to spew that which we already know. Instead, let us be born again! Let us begin to make this world in the image and likeness we pretend to be. Then and only then will we begin to transform this world and make this heaven on earth.

Peace, love and happiness to you all!!!
    "AMOR", Familia!

Seek "KNOWLEDGE" from Cradle to the Grave!!! quote, Dr. Malachi Z. York

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PHARAOH For This Post:

araucaria (2nd August 2013), Prodigal Son (2nd August 2013), Sidney (2nd August 2013), TelosianEmbrace (3rd August 2013), Wind (2nd August 2013)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PHARAOH (here)
    My, my , my.... are we to believe that this has not been occurring since the beginning of time itself??? Are we to believe that we have been missed of have had near misses for billions of years??? Are we that intent on something of this nature or any other real or unimagined event to happen that would bring destruction upon humanity??? Why are we so quick to buy into the B.S.??? I will again apologize in advance if I offend anyone with this post. Once again, here we are assuming that those that lie, misinform and mislead us are on the cutting edge of this hidden knowledge that we are not being told or aware of. We are so quick to jump right in as though we "KNOW" it to be true.

This beautiful planet has been around for billions of years. With the sun right at our door step to make us rise from our slumber and put us in a state of peace when it appears to set. Gaia has been here all along with all of this crude oil in her belly, molten lava in her pit and methane gas in her intestines; again, for billions of years. Yet we are to assume that we can destroy or kill her with our pesky little selves.

Folks, it is time to stop dying and begin living. We are growing more and more stale and stagnant by the minute, hour and day as we continue to spew that which we already know. Instead, let us be born again! Let us begin to make this world in the image and likeness we pretend to be. Then and only then will we begin to transform this world and make this heaven on earth.

Peace, love and happiness to you all!!!
    No offence Pharaoh, we're just peeling off some of the dead wood as we "seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave" By the way, I think you'll find Gaia has been through a few scrapes in her time...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

PHARAOH (3rd August 2013), Prodigal Son (2nd August 2013), Sidney (2nd August 2013)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Solar max should be here and the Sun is shutting down...
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

greybeard (2nd August 2013), jagman (2nd August 2013), Sidney (2nd August 2013)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

The thing is, what are they trying to distract us from this time? There is such obvious fear mongering going on, but which way SHOULD we be looking?

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Another1 (2nd August 2013), jagman (2nd August 2013), MorningSong (2nd August 2013), Wind (2nd August 2013)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

The thing is, what are they trying to distract us from this time? There is such obvious fear mongering going on, but which way SHOULD we be looking?
    I don't think we should be looking anywhere - just listen to Pharaoh

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

PHARAOH (3rd August 2013), Sidney (2nd August 2013)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I mean, are they sneaking another Bill through, taking away more of our constitutional rights?? Are there any important Bills about to pass? Sometimes what may seem a subtle thing, later ends up being huge, where we have that ah ha moment like "so that's why all the distractions".

This could be pointing to some kind of internet control. Look at the timing. With Bradly Manning, and Edward Snowden, suddenly an Alqueda threat has the Embassies closing for a day (or more). And, the announcement of UKs internet censorship, and now this near miss, which perhaps could be code for, some sort of hacking, and NOT a spewing of the suns energy. (I am only speculating here). Just going over the possibilities.

Also from the Washington examiner.

Energy secretary: Cyber attack, not EMP, is biggest threat to electric grid

Newly-installed Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz said Thursday that the threat of a cyber attack shutting down the U.S. electric grid is the biggest worry of the Obama administration, not an electromagnetic pulse like the one the Earth barely avoided two weeks ago.

"What I have to say is that the whole set of issues that could disrupt the grid are ones that we do look at. But our biggest focus, not surprisingly, is on cyber security in terms of disruption of the grid," Moniz told Secrets during a media breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor.

Moniz added that the administration's spending focus is on preventing a cyber attack, not an EMP event despite pressure from a new coalition headed by former CIA Director James Woolsey and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

They have been urging the White House and Congress to fortify the electric grid, especially the 2,000-3,000 transformers around the country, in special metal boxes that would protect them from either an EMP event or nuclear attack in the atmosphere that could destroy the grid and shut down electricity to the nation.

Moniz said "I'm always concerned about a nuclear bomb," but it's not his top fear. "The EMP issue is one that, you know, we are looking at clearly, and it is no secret that there has been been from geomagnetic disturbances one already sees implications for operations," he added in noting that the administration isn't shrugging off concerns.

But he said that cyber attacks are by far the biggest focus of the administration and "it will be an elevated focus as we go forward." He noted that the Energy Department is taking it so seriously that he created a cyber council to plan ways to thwart an attack.

Woolsey and other members of the EMP Coalition told Secrets this week that the Earth barely missed a disastrous solar flare that crossed the planet's orbit two weeks ago. He and others said it was so large that had the Earth been in the way, a electricity in an area the size of North America and Europe would have been knocked out.

Paul Bedard, The Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at pbedard@washingtonexaminer.com.
    Last edited by Sidney; 2nd August 2013 at 15:16.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

jagman (2nd August 2013), MorningSong (2nd August 2013)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

I didn't think you had any constitutional rights left Besides, I read somewhere that your constitution was just a business plan anyway?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Sidney (2nd August 2013)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Just because our country has been hijacked by tyrannical corporations who subvert
    our constitution doesnt mean our constitution is worthless or invalid..
    All Governments are capable of being taken over and hijacked just look at what happened
    in 1940 when Hitler walked into Paris and the French surrendered.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Star Tsar (3rd August 2013)

+ Reply to Thread