Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Occult Secrets of Grammar

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 times in 817 posts

Default Re: Occult Secrets of Grammar

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Quote Posted by CD7 (here)
    Quote We need a qualified etymologist to tell us if the guy in the video is talking out of his *** or has something significant.

Are qualified etymologists educated in occult concepts? I think not
    But that's the point. He's linking words that probably have no link. The way they are spelt or pronounced is simply an accident of history and cultural development. I suspect the sinister or occult associations are just wishful thinking on his part.

Therefore it wouldn't make any difference if the etymologist was educated in occult concepts or not.

Like I said, try it with non-European languages and see if the links/associations still work.

Nick
    Like many disciplines etymology is not an exact science, I am not aware of any etymologists who are 1000s of years old who can absolutely state the origin of a certain word is from this language or that and the very nature of its metamorphosis. I agree that someone who endeavours in study should be commended but unfortunately most academic disciplines today have been adulterated with an agenda that distorts clarity.

Just look at the word Doctor that used to refer to a man who was knowledgeable in the scriptures, now most would associate it with medical Doctors. Doctors spend many years in academic study and yet now they seem to cause as many problems as they heal, becoming less and less useful as they increasingly become dealers for the pharmaceutical corporations. Their knowledge serves an agenda

You could take issue with some of the video’s ( Occult secrets of magic) conclusions but in my opinion he presents a strong argument with much evidence of which I am sure he has more. I find great synchronicity with this and a video I am working on myself and I am very thankful that this gentleman has taken time to present his observations. This is purely a labour of love, he is not paid to make this study and his passion is evident from every frame.

The study of language is not purely confined to its etymology or history though, Similarity in sound or vibration does have relevance. The older languages such as Sanskrit and Hebrew have a particular combination of sound vibrations that, when chanted or meditated upon or merely spoken, have a specific result on the mind, psyche, or even the natural realm. Although less prevalent we do see this filter down into some of the more modern languages as well.

In the beginning was the word, could be more scientifically defined as in the beginning was the vibration

So if a word sounds like another word, even from different languages there is a connection because it must share a similar vibration.

What I am stating is not something that is unscientific, many scientific studies have been carried out in this area.
    The world of quantum physics shows us the importance of synchronicity and vibration.
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 6th August 2013 at 23:09.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Jayke (6th August 2013), Kano (6th August 2013), Mark (15th August 2013), noprophet (7th August 2013), ponda (7th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 times in 677 posts

The premise for this kind of "scrying" has more to do with "social/field-consciousness" and how that relates to tonality and pattern in language rather than etymology.

I use these techniques a lot and they work very well.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (6th August 2013), Jayke (7th August 2013), Kano (6th August 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Quote Like many disciplines etymology is not an exact science, I am not aware of any etymologists who are 1000s of years old who can absolutely state the origin of a certain word is from this language or that and the very nature of its metamorphosis. I agree that someone who endeavours in study should be commended but unfortunately most academic disciplines today have been adulterated with an agenda that distorts clarity.

Just look at the word Doctor that used to refer to a man who was knowledgeable in the scriptures, now most would associate it with medical Doctors. Doctors spend many years in academic study and yet now they seem to cause as many problems as they heal, becoming less and less useful as they increasingly become dealers for the pharmaceutical corporations. Their knowledge serves an agenda

You could take issue with some of the video’s ( Occult secrets of magic) conclusions but in my opinion he presents a strong argument with much evidence of which I am sure he has more. I find great synchronicity with this and a video I am working on myself and I am very thankful that this gentleman has taken time to present his observations. This is purely a labour of love, he is not paid to make this study and his passion is evident from every frame.

The study of language is not purely confined to its etymology or history though, Similarity in sound or vibration does have relevance. The older languages such as Sanskrit and Hebrew have a particular combination of sound vibrations that, when chanted or meditated upon or merely spoken, have a specific result on the mind, psyche, or even the natural realm. Although less prevalent we do see this filter down into some of the more modern languages as well.

In the beginning was the word, could be more scientifically defined as in the beginning was the vibration

So if a word sounds like another word, even from different languages there is a connection because it must share a similar vibration.

What I am stating is not something that is unscientific, many scientific studies have been carried out in this area.
    The world of quantum physics shows us the importance of synchronicity and vibration.
    Posts like this are why I love this place. Such great insight, knowledge, and wisdom. Thanks for that, Dorj.

EDIT: Also, very interested to see the video you are working on if you are comfortable enough to share it.
    Last edited by Kano; 7th August 2013 at 00:02.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (7th August 2013), soleil (16th August 2013)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Not many people realise (and it's hard to find much good information online) but early 1900's, either 1st or 2nd world war, there was a major book burning campaign by the elite.
    You would need to come up with some evidence of this. I find it hard to believe that the entire discipline of etymology would allow itself to be emasculated in this way. You would have to rewrite student courses and in fact rewrite the subject of etymology itself, make up new rules in some cases.
    Having said that, it had crossed my mind that certain items could have been discreetly added or removed. The berth/birth comment being one such, although the common root 'to bear' is acknowledged.

This makes no difference to my comments above about the poetic use of word connections, i.e. the subjective feel for language conveyed to a reader or listener. The language is neutral in this regard. You can choose between the negative, e.g. might is right, you'd better fight', or something more positive, say the 'sight of a kite in flight', or a 'bright white light'. Languages evolve according to how they are used by everyone, not just elites. The barking German used by Hitler was the same language as the sublime German of say Bach's St Matthew Passion. It is up to all of us how we use our language. Poetic use means creating new connotations instead of the old. It doesn't have to be formal verse.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 7th August 2013 at 06:41. Reason: fix quoting

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

CD7 (7th August 2013), Kano (7th August 2013)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kano (here)
    Quote Like many disciplines etymology is not an exact science, I am not aware of any etymologists who are 1000s of years old who can absolutely state the origin of a certain word is from this language or that and the very nature of its metamorphosis. I agree that someone who endeavours in study should be commended but unfortunately most academic disciplines today have been adulterated with an agenda that distorts clarity.

Posts like this are why I love this place. Such great insight, knowledge, and wisdom. Thanks for that, Dorj.

EDIT: Also, very interested to see the video you are working on if you are comfortable enough to share it.
    I am glad you liked my post, it is also why I enjoy this place, so many people that can piece together pieces of the puzzle to form a bigger picture. I often even enjoy posts that I may not agree with, because in evaluating why I do not agree it can help me understand what I do.

I would like to share the video when I am finished, some things seem to take me way too much time. I will try to PM you when I finally get around to putting it up because I would appreciate your feedback.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

CD7 (7th August 2013), Kano (7th August 2013)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    You would need to come up with some evidence of this. I find it hard to believe that the entire discipline of etymology would allow itself to be emasculated in this way. You would have to rewrite student courses and in fact rewrite the subject of etymology itself, make up new rules in some cases.
    Having said that, it had crossed my mind that certain items could have been discreetly added or removed. The berth/birth comment being one such, although the common root 'to bear' is acknowledged.
    Yeah sure, some of the book burnings were photographed:

for a list of book burning incidents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ning_incidents

Words may stay the same, but definitions can easily be swayed.

Whoever controls the definitions defines reality.
    Last edited by Jayke; 7th August 2013 at 14:22.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

araucaria (7th August 2013), CD7 (8th August 2013), Dorjezigzag (8th August 2013), Kano (7th August 2013)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)

Yeah sure, some of the book burnings were photographed:

for a list of book burning incidents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ning_incidents

Words may stay the same, but definitions can easily be swayed.

Book burnings are one thing, they have always happened, largely because books become combustible at the rather low temperature of 451° F. But there are no burnings of dictionaries mentioned in that list. You would need to provide examples of discrepancies between a 200-page 19th century dictionary and my 12-volume OED. Many that would have avoided burning would have been in the hands of etymologists and lexicographers. And, since I alluded to Malcolm Bradbury, we could say they were in people’s heads too.

Words have a past. Etymology is one aspect of that past: the ancient foreign connection. But dictionaries like the OED also list typical and historic usage within the language over the last millennium and more. These quotes are all still there and many more besides. It is always useful to know a word’s past history, but any serious researcher will readily offer his own definition or coin a new word of his own for as long as a language is alive.

But my point is that words also have a future, and that future is up for grabs; we all have a part to play in that. ‘Whoever controls the definitions defines reality’ you say. Fair enough. Just like any other area dominated by the elite, politics, the economy, the environment, language is another area that we have to claim back. That is what is happening before our eyes on websites like Avalon: we are dictating our own terms.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Jayke (7th August 2013), Kano (7th August 2013)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)
    I would like to share the video when I am finished, some things seem to take me way too much time. I will try to PM you when I finally get around to putting it up because I would appreciate your feedback.
    I'm sure many people would be interested in your video, when you complete it. Guess it depends on how wide an audience you wish

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (8th August 2013), Kano (8th August 2013)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,892 times in 1,408 posts

Such a good point it bears repeating....LANGUAGE is one of our biggest hurdles in seeing the TRUTH
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Jayke (8th August 2013), Kano (8th August 2013), soleil (16th August 2013), TargeT (16th August 2013)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Such a good point it bears repeating....LANGUAGE is one of our biggest hurdles in seeing the TRUTH
    Yes, this is the whole reason that I stumbled upon the video. It's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario: Does language define our truth or does our truth/understanding define our language. I believe it's called the linguistic relativity hypothesis.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th June 2018), CD7 (9th August 2013), Dorjezigzag (8th August 2013), Jayke (8th August 2013)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Yes, this is the whole reason that I stumbled upon the video. It's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario: Does language define our truth or does our truth/understanding define our language. I believe it's called the linguistic relativity hypothesis.

Humm haven't heard of that--linguistic relativity...interesting theory, im sure

Well ill attempt to use language to answer my thoughts on this, however what I say may be confusing and this would be my point!--

LANGUAGE confuses TRUTH, not so much in defining it. To me Truth is there like a Law...see using the word "law" really is not relating wht I want to say...but it just IS...Its like "god", language doesn't define the god--the god IS but language will distort it and twist it.

As it Stands NOW we DO NOT NEED ALOT OF WORDS TO SUPPLY OUR NEEDS Plain and Simple We are Conditioned to think we need a PLATHORA of vocabulary words to be considered "intelligent" the more you know and can manipulate into coherent concepts of BULLSH- the better.

Love needs no words...TRUE love is ACTION

Other then this we need food water air roof---the basics, this is a given that we need these basic needs for survival. There is no need for bureaucratic red tape--language goes hand and hand with this to supply the bureaucratic enforcements which are NO benefit to you me or dwiddly dee!

The heart pumps out a language that transcends ALL BOUNDS and cuts through all things and when cultivated as the real language it can create limitlessness of which we have never seen.

Ha a bit dramatic?! Well language is a particular source of angst for me...its a pet peeve, but also interested to discuss it. <---wht an oxymoron!
    I enjoy the threads subject

My 3 sense

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th June 2018), Dorjezigzag (9th August 2013), Kano (12th August 2013)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Humm haven't heard of that--linguistic relativity...interesting theory, im sure

Well ill attempt to use language to answer my thoughts on this, however what I say may be confusing and this would be my point!--

LANGUAGE confuses TRUTH, not so much in defining it. To me Truth is there like a Law...see using the word "law" really is not relating wht I want to say...but it just IS...Its like "god", language doesn't define the god--the god IS but language will distort it and twist it.

As it Stands NOW we DO NOT NEED ALOT OF WORDS TO SUPPLY OUR NEEDS Plain and Simple We are Conditioned to think we need a PLATHORA of vocabulary words to be considered "intelligent" the more you know and can manipulate into coherent concepts of BULLSH- the better.

Love needs no words...TRUE love is ACTION

Other then this we need food water air roof---the basics, this is a given that we need these basic needs for survival. There is no need for bureaucratic red tape--language goes hand and hand with this to supply the bureaucratic enforcements which are NO benefit to you me or dwiddly dee!

The heart pumps out a language that transcends ALL BOUNDS and cuts through all things and when cultivated as the real language it can create limitlessness of which we have never seen.

Ha a bit dramatic?! Well language is a particular source of angst for me...its a pet peeve, but also interested to discuss it. <---wht an oxymoron!
    I enjoy the threads subject

My 3 sense
    Interesting post!

Willliam Burroughs, who I have a huge respect for, is famous for the quote

"Language is a virus from outer space”

also

We must find out what words are and how they function. They become images when written down, but images of words repeated in the mind and not of the image of the thing itself.

also

Gentle Reader, The Word will leap on you with leopard man iron claws, it will cut off fingers and toes like an opportunity land crab, it will coil round your thighs like a bushmaster and inject a shot glass of rancid ectoplasm

also

I think the next step will have to be beyond the word. The word is now an outmoded artifact.

~ William S. Burroughs

but...
    Some more interesting quotes on words

It is easy to laugh at men's ideals; it is easy to pour cold water on their enthusiasm; it is easy to discourage others. The world is full of discouragers. We have a Christian duty to encourage one another. Many a time a word of praise or thanks or appreciation or cheer has kept a man on his feet. Blessed is the man who speaks such a word.
    ~ William Barclay, Letter to the Hebrews (1955).
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 9th August 2013 at 21:51.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th June 2018), CD7 (10th August 2013), Kano (12th August 2013), Mark (15th August 2013)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 times in 677 posts

This is a good video for clarity.

The words - or how we use them - under the archetypes of power.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

Kano (17th August 2013), TargeT (16th August 2013)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Well language is a particular source of angst for me...its a pet peeve
    Yes, CD7, we kind of gathered that
    Language is just another imperfect tool, albeit a rather sharp one, so you need to be a little careful. Coherent concepts can be of the kind you describe, but not necessarily. They are the only currency available on Avalon, and you're doing fine. So why not just relax?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Kano (17th August 2013)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

[QUOTE]
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Well language is a particular source of angst for me...its a pet peeve
    Yes, CD7, we kind of gathered that
    Language is just another imperfect tool, albeit a rather sharp one, so you need to be a little careful. Coherent concepts can be of the kind you describe, but not necessarily. They are the only currency available on Avalon, and you're doing fine. [B]So why not just relax?
    Oh I do!...I swing back and forth from seriousness to just outlandish silliness...I teeter both ends

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

araucaria (15th August 2013), Kano (17th August 2013)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Something related to this very subject is from "The Alphabet vs The Goddess" by Leonard Shlain. He has an interesting lecture that I posted on another thread:

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (16th August 2013), Jayke (16th August 2013), Kano (17th August 2013)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

After some thinking about the word magic that plagues our legal system, I started to think about letters as symbols rather than letters; a new concept for me, perhaps not for you.

Yes I view them this way too!! There so much to this. Ive seen information about this on another forum...Atticus1 (and a hush sweeps over the small crowd-- I don't pay attention to slinging mud ) ....and whtever drama associated with this individual is just tht!

....however the forum had a lot of interesting information--one thread being on our 26 letter alphabet and how each letter not only represent one thing but 36 symbols? I want to say-not sure if exact number but it was up there-- Also alluded to our eye/brain set up differently in each of us and different individuals perceive/read differently...sorry I do not have the paper tht goes with this...perhaps someone else knows wht im referring to and can post it
    Interesting topic!
    HEY cd7, i've been reading about runes lately. and there is an ancient rune alphabet called futhark (which stands for the first bit of letters)
    there are 24 of them and they apparently stemmed from the god Oden who saw them in a vision. there is so much magical properties associated with them, and now that i know about each letter i see them everywhere.

[edit] i posted this before i finished reading the thread. it may or may not still be relevant.
    Last edited by soleil; 16th August 2013 at 15:06.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Post:

Kano (17th August 2013)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 times in 349 posts

As commonly stated on this forum, the truth can be so close to you that it's hard to see.

After some thinking about the word magic that plagues our legal system, I started to think about letters as symbols rather than letters; a new concept for me, perhaps not for you.

Then I started to think about these symbols that we assign sounds to which we then build words with which we then create sentences with which we can then express thoughts and ideas which shape our perspectives. A very powerful thing for only 26 of those little suckers (if English is your native tongue)!

It had never occurred to me with all of my conspiracy research why the creation of words using these symbols we are all taught in school was called "spelling". Again, it was just too close, too fundamental for me to see.

I then stumbled on to this video which I found a lot of personal truth in. It resonated with me greatly so I wanted to share it with you guys.

If anyone has any info to share on this same topic, please post here. I'm very interested.

Enjoy!

Love this, definitely worth 10 mins of anyone's day...

36. The Following User Says Thank You to David Trd1 For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2