+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Immigration concerns in the US

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Immigration concerns in the US

So Im really concerned as to what has been going on with this story the past couple days. Persoanally i believe that if somebody goes through the right channels to be a United States citizen then they deserve that but why is there an influx at this point in time of illegal immigrants coming into the United States. This article talks about how thousands of Immagrants are now migrating to the United States and are being granted asylum if they say at the border "I have fear that drug cartels are after me." This needs to be stopped now because once the United States has the votes of these Immagrants than there is no telling what could happen.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/12...der-officials/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Imjusttrying For This Post:

NancyV (13th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Default Re: Immigration concerns in the US

Quote Posted by Imjusttrying (here)
    This needs to be stopped now because once the United States has the votes of these Immagrants than there is no telling what could happen.
    No telling? Clearly you're worried about something, what is it? Can you be more specific? Are you worried that the republican and/or libertarian parties won't get many votes from the immigrants?

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

I know such an immigrant who had a small/tiny business in Columbia. The drug cartel came to her business and asked for so much money for protection, which they would not give anyhow, that it was not Worth running any business. She quit. Then she was harassed and pursued by the same cartel because she closed her business and they could not make money out of her. She had to quit the country.

Those are true stories. Let me tell you that most of those drugs are for the US market, paid by US funds, demanded by US citizens, and agreed upon by US elite.

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member thalox's Avatar
    Thanks

this is a never ending subject.

i believe they are focusing on the wrong issues. the issue to me isnt the amount of people coming over. now if you want to come over, then come over and work. it is the govt hand outs that are the problems.

i am all for ANYONE to go anywhere and to live where they wish as a free human. borders are man made. if you really want to get technical if they pass the border, they are still considered to be in mexico. remember the US took some of mexico from them. so Texas,New mexico,nevada,California, Arizona and more were a part of mexico.

what should not happen is our govt to give out hands out to anyone for anything. they need to revamp the system. sure come here and work and pick lettuce for $3/hr. it keeps our costs down. i am sure there is another alternative but they chose this one. ( i can say this because my family is from Mexico and migrated here illegally but never took from anyone. they paid their dues. and worked for below min wage with no benefits. i was actually born on the floor in a small 5th wheel. no medical anything.

so come here from where ever and work and be a part of a whole but dont come over here to take from what is not yours. even fi the govt likes to give it out. this is what they dont understand.

6. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thalox (here)
    this is a never ending subject.

i believe they are focusing on the wrong issues. the issue to me isnt the amount of people coming over. now if you want to come over, then come over and work. it is the govt hand outs that are the problems.

i am all for ANYONE to go anywhere and to live where they wish as a free human. borders are man made. if you really want to get technical if they pass the border, they are still considered to be in mexico. remember the US took some of mexico from them. so Texas,New mexico,nevada,California, Arizona and more were a part of mexico.

what should not happen is our govt to give out hands out to anyone for anything. they need to revamp the system. sure come here and work and pick lettuce for $3/hr. it keeps our costs down. i am sure there is another alternative but they chose this one. ( i can say this because my family is from Mexico and migrated here illegally but never took from anyone. they paid their dues. and worked for below min wage with no benefits. i was actually born on the floor in a small 5th wheel. no medical anything.

so come here from where ever and work and be a part of a whole but dont come over here to take from what is not yours. even fi the govt likes to give it out. this is what they dont understand.
    I made a mistake in saying that "this needs to stop now" I did not mean that as a negative thing and I am sorry if anybody took offense to that. Your explanation is what I was wanting to convey but I did not know how to put it into words. Trying to express emotions and feelings in language can be hard sometimes lol. Everyone should be allowed to live wherever they please as this is all our home. I am worried that the government is going to take advantage of these people, for example they could use the idea of "freedom" to make these hard working people do their will. That is what I would not like to see. I hope that clears things up.

7. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

it can hardly get worse. the united states are proof that different races in one country don't get along with each other.

different territories for different people are a natural condition. among animals all packs have their territory. if outsiders trespass they're eliminated. that's how nature has intended it and that's what works. go against nature and suffer the consequences. that's what we see today. the USA are a prime example.
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

8. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member thalox's Avatar
    Thanks

Imjusttrying, I took no offense to what you said. we all have our ways of saying the same thing sometimes.

Quote Posted by The Truth Is In There (here)
    it can hardly get worse. the united states are proof that different races in one country don't get along with each other.

different territories for different people are a natural condition. among animals all packs have their territory. if outsiders trespass they're eliminated. that's how nature has intended it and that's what works. go against nature and suffer the consequences. that's what we see today. the USA are a prime example.
    I would say that we are far better than this mindset. We should be able to grow over the years to not have that natural sense to want to "eliminate" someone who is in our territory. because at the end of the day, no part of any land is OURS. the earth is here for us, but it is not ours. if i am explaining myself right. we can use all our money to buy land with fake paper fiat currency but to say "this part of the earth is mine" is very naive. We just borrow the land while we are here.

and this is in a bigger scale. it is Govt's buying big portions of land and making rules that benefit them and tricking us into believe those rules.

I do agree with Imjusttrying in that the ones that come over will do the Govts bidding since we are here and we see what is going on. they are just happy to be here.

i was born in the US, but i have family who was not. When they come over and get their Residency they are excited to be here and will do anything for their govt. it is very sad really. but they are ignorant to what is going on over here. i try to explain to them but they come from very uneducated roots and lived in villages/ranches that they will not listen to me. they think i am just someone who is stuck up. when that is not the case at all.

it just strikes me odd that i was born and raised here in the US and at my young age of 29, i am trying my hardest to get off the hamster wheel and move back to a ranch/village where very little money is needed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thalox For This Post:

Kindling (14th August 2013)

+ Reply to Thread