+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 6 11 LastLast

Thread: A credible insider whistleblower, and some extremely important information -- if true

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Default Re: A credible insider whistleblower, and some extremely important information -- if true

i'm sure we have a lot of 'Coast to Coast' listeners here. anyone ever listen on Saturday night? to the early episode, I mean? it's always a repeat of an Art Bell episode from the 90's. really great shows. I enjoy them immensely, but the striking part of many of them is the feel of imminent disaster. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought the shows were current. all the things we're saying and predicting now were said and predicted then, dozens of times over, by insiders and whistleblowers that we had great faith in, and in many cases still do ( you're gonna get one wrong from time to time. no biggie). it's incredibly interesting to listen to in retrospect - although the great majority of the predictions never materialize (especially those concerning imminent catastrophe, or apocalyptic scenarios) the show is so thrilling and the guest so seemingly knowledgeable and charismatic that you still *almost* believe it will happen.....never mind that the show is 20 years old and the event was supposed to happen within the next 5 years

predictions or evaluations of the near future are happening all the time, and have been for some time now...even long before those Art Bell shows of the early 90's. if we are indeed to endure some sort of apocalyptic or near apocalyptic disaster, someone is gonna "predict" it at some point - it's whoever is lucky enough to do it at the right time. and though hundreds of people have gotten it wrong for centuries, there will still be those numb skulls who will stand up and shout "told ya!"

please keep in mind: out of the hundreds of people who have predicted a doomsday scenario over the last few hundred years, *no one* has gotten it right. we're 0 for 1000, at least. not a very good batting average.

I just don't think living on pins n needles and waiting for the disaster to hit is a very constructive way to live. it's a fear-based approach. I don't suggest sticking your head in the sand in the face of danger either, but our approach to this hypothetical scenario needs to be put in proper perspective before we start building bunkers and/or moving to Indonesia. remember, no one has gotten it right yet. when confronted with the math i'm not too terribly motivated to take precautions. sure, I may stack a few extra cans of food and a little water, but beyond that: what can I really do? whether i'm wrong or not, that's about the extent of what i'm (and most people are) able to do at this time.

I know Bill's not the fear monger-ing type. not in a million years. and I understand the catch-22 you're in Bill: if you continue to imply disaster is around the corner and it turns out it isn't, your credibility takes a real hit; but if you stay quiet and something terrible you felt strongly might happen, happens, you have your conscience to deal with. it's a tough position to be in. and I see you're throwing caution to the wind as far as the potential hit to your credibility is concerned, just putting it out there etc... and in a sense I really admire this, because I know you're coming from a place of integrity, but on the flip side of that coin I worry it's a whole bunch of hullaballoo for nothing. is it awakening people to real, impending danger...or is it simply causing unneeded paranoia? I don't know the answer, but if past is prelude....

the scraps of info we get from the top are just so unreliable. consider all the levels and people within those levels who receive that info, and how bastardized and manipulated it gets by the time it makes it down to us commoners. remember that game you played in elementary school, where the secret gets passed around the classroom 20-25 times, and in the end sounds nothing like the original msg?............
    Last edited by Mike; 14th August 2013 at 23:28.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alecs (15th August 2013), bennycog (15th August 2013), Bill Ryan (14th August 2013), conk (12th July 2016), Craig (15th August 2013), Flash (14th August 2013), Fred Steeves (15th August 2013), Hazel (14th August 2013), Jean-Marie (15th August 2013), Kristo (15th August 2013), LIVING for KNOWLEDGE (16th August 2013), Mark (14th August 2013), Mike Gorman (15th August 2013), Neal (4th September 2013), Sgt-Bones (15th August 2013), Sidney (15th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013), Team Zen (21st August 2013), Wind (15th August 2013), write4change (21st August 2013)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

Default Re: A credible insider whistleblower, and some extremely important information -- if true

The thing about human potentiality is that it is often dormant until awakened.

For many people who possess the capacity to achieve higher states of mind, they cannot know it until a situation arises whereby they can access these abilities.

As a case in point, when I was a young soldier in the Army, I was a combat radio/teletype operator. As I did well and scored high on my testing, they pegged me to undergo international morse code training. A month long class at the end of 6 months of training on now outdated technologies. It consists of sitting at a desk with headphones and a tapper, listening to strings of 5 morse code combos of letters and numbers, which comprised a single grouping. To pass the class it was necessary to be able to listen and type out 10 groups.

The first week all was normal, the class progressed through memorizing the letters and numbers and then laboriously listening and remembering and typing the groups slowly. It is easy to fall behind, of course, when something is not fully memorized or known. And you're sitting at this desk for 8 hours a day listening to code. Myself and a few other classmates reached 3 groups by the end of the first week. At the beginning of the second week, as I was listening to the code, something happened.

It was as if a muscle flexed in my mind, previously unknown. When that occurred, I was instantly in some infinitely vast mental space of pure conception, where the code was visible as complex patterns comprised of geometric shapes and shifting, morphing color schemes and the sound was layered as well, all of it a concise, complete formation of meaning that had multidimensional texture. In that instant, I knew morse code. In the next minute, I progressed 3 groups. There was no sense of time, but accessing this informational space, perhaps the akashic records, the morphogenic field or whatever it may be called, ended with another flexing of this muscle, returning me to the present, excited and drained, and looking up to find the instructor approaching me with a perplexed look on his face.

17 years teaching there, he told me, and he had never seen anybody else progress through so many groups that quickly. 10 groups to pass, I ended up finishing at 28 groups. The next nearest person was 14. I don't think he ever believed that I did not know morse code prior to that course.

My point in telling this story reiterates my first sentence in this entry. It takes necessity to awaken some abilities that you may not even be aware that you have. And, you may not even be able to access them again, after that. I've never returned to that space since. But then, I've never been challenged like that since, either. When the SHTF and humanity is faced with a do-or-die situation, it is quite possible that many people will awaken to abilities that they have no idea they possess.

But that those who want to control this planet know we do.

So they're treating us with a long-handled spoon, as my late grandmother used to say, preferring to take us out relatively slowly and through the medium of the sell-out Elite, who have no idea what even they are capable of, attributing higher capabilities to Gurus, Savants and Aliens, while refusing belief in the ability of humanity as a whole to be able to manifest psi capacity as a result of being pushed to the edge.

I'm certain a substantial number of those perusing forums like this have these kinds of experiences in their lives, as do many others, just out there, engaging in the day-to-day, just trying to keep afloat, stay above water. But when push-comes-to-shove and we are faced with do-or-die situations, it will become Clear who is who and what is what.

I think the most surprised will be those who sold out the planet, thinking their Overlords were gods. So used to minimizing and dismissing the rest of the herd, they never really knew who and what we are.

4. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Alecs (15th August 2013), animovado (19th August 2013), Arc (15th August 2013), Bill Ryan (14th August 2013), fifi (15th August 2013), Flash (15th August 2013), Fred Steeves (15th August 2013), Gekko (1st September 2013), genevieve (15th August 2013), gripreaper (16th August 2013), InTheBackground (17th August 2013), Jean-Marie (15th August 2013), Kristo (15th August 2013), lisalu (15th August 2013), LIVING for KNOWLEDGE (16th August 2013), Mike (14th August 2013), mischief (18th August 2013), Neal (4th September 2013), Nerge (15th August 2013), rezboom (17th August 2013), Sgt-Bones (15th August 2013), skamandar (15th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013), sygh (15th August 2013), Team Zen (21st August 2013), thunder24 (14th August 2013), toothpick (15th August 2013), ulli (15th August 2013), Ultima Thule (15th August 2013), Wind (15th August 2013), write4change (21st August 2013)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Thanks Bill, there's only one practical problem. What does a 9-5 clerk with a steady job and a family to support do with this information?

This man, as some others around this time, are sending out explicit warnings. Great, but what next? Some people just can't go out and dig that hole.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Ivanhoe (15th August 2013), Mike (14th August 2013), Sidney (15th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 times in 178 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    And that may well be possible... or else (as I've said many times) most of us reading this would not have incarnated here this lifetime. No purpose or value in choosing to play a totally rigged game, with no prospect of success.

That would mean there IS a way to win through. And in order to solve a problem, we have to know what the problem is!
    The problem is an outward expression of individual consciousness. The answer is not in the problem but how we look at it and face it. I for one am not afraid and am eager for the next 3-4 years. Divine love is coming back to this earth, take my word for it. There are to many key players incarnated now, this is no mistake. Things are going to happen soon enough but I don't think in the way you all believe. I promise you the nightmare is almost over and we will all realize that we actually created this mess in order to have a harder level in the "video game".

If you didnt want a level this hard, maybe you shouldnt have created it to test yourself?

In divine friendship,
    your brother,
    -wishy
    Last edited by dpwishy; 15th August 2013 at 02:52.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dpwishy For This Post:

Arc (15th August 2013), Craig (15th August 2013), lslimerick (16th August 2013), pyrangello (15th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013), Wind (15th August 2013), write4change (21st August 2013)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

Wishy, I sincerely hope you are right!

unfortunately I don't remember creating this level so hard, normally I start my gaming adventures on the beginner level and then find the cheats for god mode. I cant find that mode for this game

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

LIVING for KNOWLEDGE (16th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013)

11. Link to Post #106
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,716 times in 2,088 posts

Marshall Masters on coast to coast last week stated that moving 2013 to 2014 would start the beginning of the turbulence of the earth, 2015 would be the time to have to go underground for short periods of time because of the sun. When asked how certain he was, he said without hesitation ---------100%---------- and he was serious . He basically mirror imaged Miguel 's take on whats coming down the pike. Combine all this with just observations on whats happening in the world and certain preps that are being taken by govnt and groups , yes I would say it's like all the pieces of the puzzle are now coming together to fit, all we have to do is finish the border pieces to make the puzzle complete. Thanks to everyone for all the participation on this thread.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th August 2013), skamandar (15th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013), write4change (21st August 2013)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks

dpwishy, I do agree with you, this paradigm has to end in order for us to start a new. If we are to be the stewards of the earth, then we need to get back to basics no matter how difficult it may be . But we may suprize ourselves in many ways along this journey at how beautiful we can really be as a human race as well. I too am not worried , these are all challenges that can indeed be overcome no matter what the odds. I do believe!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Craig (16th August 2013), InTheBackground (17th August 2013), lslimerick (16th August 2013), skamandar (15th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013)

15. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

If that happens subways in big cities will be a living nightmare, people hiding into it (3 feetbelow earth surface). It is time to rent in one of those buildings having connections with the underground.

Edit: another potential method of shielding against cosmic rays, as long as we are told in advance, for the working moms with their children: you stay home!!

http://voices.yahoo.com/using-polyet...05.html?cat=15

Quote Using Polyethylene Shielding in Passenger Aircraft to Protect Against Cosmic Radiation

Curbing the Health Risks that Come from Flying
    Last edited by Flash; 15th August 2013 at 04:42.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

bennycog (15th August 2013), Czarek (18th August 2013), Jean-Marie (15th August 2013), justalight (18th August 2013), Kristo (15th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013)

17. Link to Post #109
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    Marshall Masters on coast to coast last week stated that moving 2013 to 2014 would start the beginning of the turbulence of the earth, 2015 would be the time to have to go underground for short periods of time because of the sun. When asked how certain he was, he said without hesitation ---------100%---------- and he was serious . He basically mirror imaged Miguel 's take on whats coming down the pike. Combine all this with just observations on whats happening in the world and certain preps that are being taken by govnt and groups , yes I would say it's like all the pieces of the puzzle are now coming together to fit, all we have to do is finish the border pieces to make the puzzle complete. Thanks to everyone for all the participation on this thread.
    pyrangello, did he say how he knew? Who are the solar meteorologists and how do they operate?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

skippy (15th August 2013)

19. Link to Post #110
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Some questions for those more familiar than I am with the need to go underground for short periods of time:

• What energy spectrum will be so intense to force us underground?
    • What material/thickness is an effective block to this energy?
    • Is a basement a suitable shelter?
    • What does one feel/observe when it is time to go underground? Heat surge or something else?
    • Can people spend brief periods of time outside during peak energy cycles? Minutes, hours or days?
    • What are the harmful effects of this energy spectrum?
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 15th August 2013 at 07:36.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (15th August 2013), bennycog (15th August 2013), genevieve (15th August 2013), hohoemi (16th August 2013), LIVING for KNOWLEDGE (16th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013)

21. Link to Post #111
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,380 times in 561 posts

How little do we know..? In the other thread on population growth from Vitalux, it can be argued, by analysing the exponential growth figures, that humanity, as we know it today, is not older than 2000 years .. !? I invite you to take a look at the material presented in that thread and consider the consequences, if true.. And indeed, except those written down by Josephus, the records are rare beyond this limited timeframe. As far as I can see it, and this is not backed-up by any proof whatsoever, resets happen, at regular intervals, so that this whole thing starts over again from scratch. Is it the sun, humanity itself pushing the reset button, control groups? To be honest, I've no idea. What I do know, is that we have almost zero recorded history from the period before 10.000-12.000 BC. Tabula rasa, nothing, nada.

Below a picture of the Roman God Janus, solidly watching over past and coming events. In ancient Rome, Janus headed the pantheon being the God of endings and beginnings. He is usually depicted as having two faces, since he oversees the future and the past. The Romans named the month of January in his honor. For some reason Janus left the pantheon and occidental history at the beginning of our era.. The statue below is from the Vatican museum.

Last edited by skippy; 15th August 2013 at 08:46.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Post:

Christine (15th August 2013), Mike Gorman (16th August 2013), skamandar (15th August 2013)

23. Link to Post #112
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Quote Posted by skippy (here)
    How little do we know..? In the other thread on population growth from Vitalux, it can be argued, by analysing the exponential growth figures, that humanity, as we know it today, is not older than 2000 years .. !? I invite you to take a look at the material presented in that thread and consider the consequences, if true.. And indeed, except those written down by Josephus, the records are rare beyond this limited timeframe. As far as I can see it, and this is not backed-up by any proof whatsoever, resets happen, at regular intervals, so that this whole thing starts over again from scratch. Is it the sun, humanity itself pushing the reset button, control groups? To be honest, I've no idea. What I do know, is that we have almost zero recorded history from the period before 10.000-12.000 BC. Tabula rasa, nothing, nada.
    (image)
    Below a picture of the Roman God Janus, solidly watching over past and coming events. In ancient Rome, Janus headed the pantheon being the God of endings and beginnings. He is usually depicted as having two faces, since he oversees the future and the past. The Romans named the month of January in his honor. For some reason Janus left the pantheon and occidental history at the beginning of our era.. The statue below is from the Vatican museum.
    (image)

I believe we're heading for another period of zero recorded history with all our current digital data.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

blufire (15th August 2013), conk (12th July 2016), skamandar (15th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013)

25. Link to Post #113
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by skippy (here)

There are also less radical resets that do leave traces of what has gone before. One such is probably the event in 535 which caused the Sun more or less to switch off for 18 months and started the Dark Ages, which were literally that. See David Keys, Catastrophe: An Investigation into the Origins of the Modern World. Was it volcanic activity, or an asteroid hit? We don't really know. During this period, empires and civilizations died and others were born, and we know very little about any of it, to the extent that some would suggest that this time period was shorter than our calendar would have us believe.

Another may have been the period ending in the Trojan War, currently dated to have occurred shortly after 1000 BC. Homer was a mythical figure lost for the Greeks themselves in the mists of early Greek history. He was more a bardic movement or tradition than a particular individual. Something happened around this period when the gods abandoned men, and the Iliad and Odyssey are the last surviving texts in which gods consort with men, and mostly bring their downfall in war and other interferences. According to Julian Jaynes, this was the bicameral mind in action: the right brain speaking to the left brain and telling it what to do. There are other possibilities, one being a memory of some alien species that subsequently left the building.

What these two instances have in common is the collective amnesia that accompanies them. I suspect it is partly of a practical nature. When things cease to apply to new circumstances, they fall by the wayside. What we do remember moves from history to archaeology - whether digging up monuments or digging up texts - if not mythology.

We may very well be due for a reset of this type.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

skamandar (15th August 2013), skippy (15th August 2013), ulli (15th August 2013)

27. Link to Post #114
    Thanks

Boy do I not like going down the rabbit hole at all and I would appreciate anybody debunking or confirming the following but here goes when you look at connecting the pieces of the puzzle together. In regards to whats happening I remember seeing or reading the following news stories over the last few years.

1) China stockpiling millions of metric tons of food
    2) China building ghost cities / est. 63 million units to house people are vacant inland in the country.
    3) US had an earthquake drill in the last 2 years from the gulf to chicago / all states bordering / ordered 140 million MRE's to be able to feed 14 million people for 10 days.
    4) Russia has completed 5000 underground bunkers, I thought there was 6 that would hold in the 100's of thousand of people.
    5) US storing food, fuel, bullets ( you can't find ammo anywhere) ect.
    6 ) US govt spending money like theres NO TOMMORROW
    7) Our President taking vacations like theirs NO TOMOORROW
    8) On a personal note, I have a grandmother who is passed , I have a close personal friend who channels her, was skeptical at first but one day she asked if my grandmother's name started with an M . I said yes, it was Mary, she said no it's more like Marie, I said no way , she said I'm pretty sure. I said ok whats the message, she said she wants to tell you she loves you and not to sell my cabin in the woods because I'm going to need it in the future. Hmmmmm, Called my mom the next day in florida and asked her was grannies first name Marie? She said yes in poland it was. Uh oh ! So I got my validation.
    9 ) Also , weren't there predictions by someone that this would be our last pope the vatican would have in place ?
    Didn't edgar casey say something to that effect?
    10) Then we look at the continent of pangia from way , way back, 176 times the earth has went thru a shift, some severe and some mild where the continents have moved and shifted due to magnitism, plate movements , and maybe the passing of a body in the universe such as a brown dwarf planet or small universe.
    11) The hopi indians tell the tale of the kachinas and a shift in dimensions here on earth.
    12 ) And maybe all this is just preps for something that could be very mild or severe and nobody really knows for sure as timelines can go either way.
    13) And maybe I'm off base on all the above and this is just what countries have been doing for decades anyways.

I would just say live your life , prep a bit but don't let it consume your life. Get yourself straight with the creator , angels and saints and hold your faith in high regards . Miracles do happen, your faith will carry you thru and if in fact this is your last rodeo for this life then so be it but until then do one thing per day for someone else, smile at least once a day and just stay educated . By staying educated you eliminate fear and make good solid judgements . Not knowing what the heck is going on lets your fear run wild . Staying dialed in here on Avalon not only educates all of us but brings a sense of community of the virtual from around the world to a small reality right in front of your eyes. I've learned a lot here from all of you.

It's a very fascinating time we are in , live each day with thankfulness and experiences of our gifts that were created for us and we are experiencing. Now let the debunking begin , lol. thanks guys and gals.

Araucaria, Masters has a video on his site that is over an hour long, I've heard him on coast before, he just sounds like a guy that is methodically weighing the facts from many sources which is in his video. Heck we have a picture here at my shop one of the gals brother took in nome Alaska showing 2 suns that was emailed to us. There is a lot of info/disinfo out there . But it does seem like something is going on but we do have time. Look up coast to coast , past shows from last week and find masters name , the link will be there from his web site.
    Last edited by pyrangello; 15th August 2013 at 12:42.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Christine (15th August 2013), Craig (16th August 2013), hohoemi (16th August 2013), LIVING for KNOWLEDGE (16th August 2013), mischief (18th August 2013), skamandar (15th August 2013), sygh (15th August 2013)

29. Link to Post #115
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    Marshall Masters on coast to coast last week stated that moving 2013 to 2014 would start the beginning of the turbulence of the earth, 2015 would be the time to have to go underground for short periods of time because of the sun. When asked how certain he was, he said without hesitation ---------100%---------- and he was serious . .
    Is this it?

In the latter half, author and publisher Marshall Masters shared his contention that 'Planet X' is continuing its inbound path in our solar system, drawing closer to Earth. Rather than a planet, he believes what is out there is a mini-constellation, with a brown dwarf sun at the center, that is currently about two Jupiter distances away from us. One of the outermost objects orbiting this sun has been observed and nicknamed "Bluebonnet," he said. In order for it to be observed, people have to adjust their view, not for the Earth's horizon, but the ecliptic-- the plane of the solar system, he stated.

Masters said an associate of his captured an image of the brown dwarf from a high altitude viewing spot west of Peru back in May and that has helped his team calculate the path of Planet X. He suggested that the effects of Planet X have already played into Earth's extreme weather, but according to his estimate, from 2015 onward, disruptions will be far more intense, with a pole shift and drastic flooding taking place, such as Edgar Cayce predicted. For more, check out Masters' video Planet X System Observations and Orbital Analysis.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by rmauersr (here)
    Some questions for those more familiar than I am with the need to go underground for short periods of time:

• What does one feel/observe when it is time to go underground? Heat surge or something else?
    • Can people spend brief periods of time outside during peak energy cycles? Minutes, hours or days?

bumping the questions.
    Last edited by EYES WIDE OPEN; 15th August 2013 at 12:49.

30. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

Here's masters website , click on the analysis picture and watch the video , this isn't a Hollywood production either , http://www.yowusa.com/, let me know what your thoughts are? enjoy the day !

31. The Following User Says Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

skamandar (15th August 2013)

32. Link to Post #117
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

When a solar flare with accompanying Coronal Mass Ejections bursts in the direction of Earth the sun blasts out protons, electrons, ions, atoms and a whole slew of electromagnetic radiation (X-rays, gamma rays, etc). It takes 12-40 hours for everything to hit earth depending on the intensity and thus speed of the blast. There would likely be little heat effects felt.

The electromagnetic energy is prevented from wreaking havoc to our bodies by the magnetosphere. Astronauts are at risk during such events but earth bound humans are relatively safe and get to watch the aurora borealis in all it's splendor.

Main threat is to our vulnerable electrical grid and electronics. A big enough event could blow every transformer in its path along with screwing up satellite gps systems. I've heard it could take up to a year to fix the grid in such an event as we would have to build and replace all effected transformers.

So in my eyes the only way a solar flare could harm us would be if this event coincided with a weakening or disappearance of the magnetosphere. But this would have larger consequences to our atmosphere as the magnetosphere also prevents our atmosphere (air) and water from flying off the planet.

A more probable danger of the sun would result from the complete destruction of our ozone layer. This layer absorbs 85-95% of the suns UV rays. Without it we wouldn't last long in the sun. All life on earth has developed some way of dealing with dangerous UV rays. Without the Ozone layer life under the sun would be impossible for most life on earth. Plants fried, plankton fried, animals fried, game over.

So back to your question. From what I've read on surviving nuclear fallout. Three feet of dirt is needed to protect from gamma rays. But surviving a lack of an ozone would be irrelevant as there would be no earth to come back to.

There may be other sun induced events that would cause us to dig a hole and hide. Perhaps others here can chime in on those.
    (Insert signature here)

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

Ron Mauer Sr (15th August 2013), sygh (15th August 2013), Wind (15th August 2013)

34. Link to Post #118
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Is this true?

http://www.livescience.com/18119-sun...ar-flares.html

An explosion in the sun's atmosphere called a "solar flare" sent a huge burst of matter and energy hurtling into space Monday (Jan. 23), and some of the material is now raining down upon Earth. Solar flares are difficult to predict, but they often come in clusters, so more floods of solar radiation are likely to hit Earth soon.

During another recent period of extreme solar activity, Kobus Olckers, a forecaster at the South African Space Weather Office in Cape Town, advised members of the public to avoid going outside and to wear high-SPF sunscreen if they do. But will some SPF 45 really protect you from the extra radiation?

Yes – sunscreen will block the radiation. But there isn't actually that much extra to worry about.

"Ultraviolet radiation from the sun briefly goes up by factors of thousands during solar flares," said Todd Hoeksema, a solar astronomer at Stanford University. "That's outside the Earth's atmosphere, though. The amount of UV radiation that gets to the ground is about the same as normal," Hoeksema told Life's Little Mysteries.

Most of the high-energy radiation coming from the sun during a solar flare gets absorbed by our atmosphere. "UV light is very energetic so it interacts with the atmosphere , breaking molecules apart and ionizing atoms. As it goes though the air, more and more gets absorbed. Most of it gets absorbed 80 or 100 miles above us," he said.

The extra UV light that does make it through the atmosphere — and onto your skin — isn't enough to worry about, Hoeksema said. "The increase in the amount of UV on the ground is minimal."

These radiation showers are actually fairly common, happening a few times a year during the active part of the sun's 11-year cycle. And while they pose no real risk to Earth-bound humans, the high-velocity protons , gamma rays, X-rays and other types of ionizing radiation they eject can be hazardous to astronauts in orbit. (In case you're wondering, sunscreen won't block high-velocity protons or the like.)

The normal daily influx of UV light is the real concern. "What matters is the cumulative dose of UV radiation you get, not a small increase here and there," Hoeksema said. Regular exposure to UV radiation causes genetic mutations to occur in skin cells that can lead to skin cancer. "Since the effect is cumulative,” he said, “I think that people should wear sunscreen all the time."

35. Link to Post #119
    United States Avalon Member charlesfrith's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Playing devils advocate to Bill's post:

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Hey folks,

Well, we´ve seen it before many times right? People are always, and I mean ALWAYS, warning about an imminent catastrophe.
    Raf, Hi!

I know what you mean. But there's another interpretation as well: that maybe there's no smoke without fire.

The underground bases are real. Why are they there? Because overground isn't private enough

Why did Henry Deacon tell us (as he did) that the future of the human race might depend on the secret space program?

Because planets expire eventually

Why were George Green, and many others, told that the insiders had all been promised their 'tickets', and that this was what kept them all from talking?

People talk. George Green for example.

Why did the Norwegian Politician (his name was Khaqan Khan, btw, of Pakistani descent) tell us that the undergound bases in Norway were real, that he had visited them personally, that they contained ET technology, and that they were in preparation for a major event?

Because underground bases exist. Unlike ET tech which nobody has hard evidence of.

What have the benevolent ETs been trying to warn so many contactees and abductees about, without breaking non-interference protocols?

Imminent disaster is about the most interference anyone can expect in their life. ET needs to shape up if they think that's being benevolent.

Here's the extreme hypothesis: even more way out than my "Ultimate Hypothesis", posted here:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ate-Hypothesis

I am beginning to suspect, just a little bit, that the global controllers -- whoever they are -- may have done a deal and sold the planet. Think about it.
    Sold a planet that is going down the toilet?
    Allegedly Bright. Empirically Stupid.

36. Link to Post #120
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Octavusprime (here)

When a solar flare with accompanying Coronal Mass Ejections bursts in the direction of Earth the sun blasts out protons, electrons, ions, atoms and a whole slew of electromagnetic radiation (X-rays, gamma rays, etc). It takes 12-40 hours for everything to hit earth depending on the intensity and thus speed of the blast. There would likely be little heat effects felt.

The electromagnetic energy is prevented from wreaking havoc to our bodies by the magnetosphere. Astronauts are at risk during such events but earth bound humans are relatively safe and get to watch the aurora borealis in all it's splendor.

Main threat is to our vulnerable electrical grid and electronics. A big enough event could blow every transformer in its path along with screwing up satellite gps systems. I've heard it could take up to a year to fix the grid in such an event as we would have to build and replace all effected transformers.

So in my eyes the only way a solar flare could harm us would be if this event coincided with a weakening or disappearance of the magnetosphere. But this would have larger consequences to our atmosphere as the magnetosphere also prevents our atmosphere (air) and water from flying off the planet.

A more probable danger of the sun would result from the complete destruction of our ozone layer. This layer absorbs 85-95% of the suns UV rays. Without it we wouldn't last long in the sun. All life on earth has developed some way of dealing with dangerous UV rays. Without the Ozone layer life under the sun would be impossible for most life on earth. Plants fried, plankton fried, animals fried, game over.

So back to your question. From what I've read on surviving nuclear fallout. Three feet of dirt is needed to protect from gamma rays. But surviving a lack of an ozone would be irrelevant as there would be no earth to come back to.

There may be other sun induced events that would cause us to dig a hole and hide. Perhaps others here can chime in on those.
    so if there was a solar flare with a big burst of gamma, I guess sunscreen would not protect as the article I posted suggests?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 6 11 LastLast