+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bradley Manning news

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Default Bradley Manning news

The story on Thursday in the US on Manning will be that he was a cross dresser.

Someone from his defense team released a 5-year-old photo of Manning in a blonde wig and makeup.

I would assume in an effort to further dilute the message he was trying to relay to us.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Atlas (15th August 2013), bennycog (15th August 2013), Corncrake (15th August 2013), spiritguide (15th August 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (15th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Default Re: Bradley Manning news

Attachment 22382
    NYDailyNews.com: "This undated photo provided by the U.S. Army shows Pfc. Bradley Manning, posing in a wig and lipstick."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

spiritguide (15th August 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (15th August 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Default Re: Bradley Manning news

Hear is another view of this item.

Article lead in...

Bradley Manning: Hits Just Keep on Hitting
    Bradley Manning did everything but wear a sign saying “Timebomb waiting to explode!

The Ballad of Bradley Manning by Graham Nash”Nasty habit of pulling back the curtain to show that not only the emperor has no clothes, he’s not even the ****ing emperor!

The subject of the email was “My problem.”“I’ve had signs of it for a very long time,” Bradley Manning wrote. “It caused conditions within my family. I thought a career in the military would get rid of it. … But it’s not going away, it’s haunted me more and more as I get older.”There was a photograph attached. Sitting in a car, looking anguished, Manning stares into the camera’s lens. He is wearing a blonde wig and makeup. –Matt Sledge, the Huffington Post, 8-13-2013

In my post on July 31, I argued that the chain of command was largely responsible for the entire debacle ending in the release of documents. It appears based on testimony that not only was I right, it was worse than I thought. Those of us who were in leadership roles during that era and did not want to engage in witch hunts found the “Don’t ask, don’t tell” policy not that easy to enforce. This was a problem with a lot of issues by the way — people engaging in private behavior that the overall society was willing to accept, but that violated the Uniform Code of Military Justice. When a soldier came in to talk to me for some “personal problem,” I didn’t always begin with reading them their rights but I had the card handy just in case. But, while it did not happen, I knew exactly what I would do if someone came in and announced that they were gay–I’d make certain that they knew that by telling me they were in fact asking to be discharged, and then I’d be on the phone to the CSM and the legal clerk to start the paperwork. Nothing personal…I didn’t care, but the rules were pretty straightforward. And, in my leadership roles, I wasn’t dealing with a lot of soldiers who had clearances above Secret.

Link to full article @ Veterans Today.....
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/08...ng-to-explode/

Hope this helps explain some defense stategy in the case.

Peace!

+ Reply to Thread