+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An Invitation to HYLOZOICS

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,820 times in 776 posts

Default An Invitation to HYLOZOICS

Friends, there's been a lot of talk lately here and 'there' about HYLOZOICS. The following is a little preface to a small edition from this VAST 'System of Thinking'. As in all things, I implore you to consider the new Ideas you find with a critical, yet OPEN Mind.

Hylozoics is not some fly-by-night, 'Here are all the answers,' NEW, "New Age" System; yet it may lead you to consider that there was a WELLSPRING from whence ALL Religions, Philosophies, and Sciences from ages, maybe even eons past, had their source, and that this Knowledge, while complicated and involved, this "Pythagorean Hylozoic" System may be an Inspired, re-presentation of some of the original IDEAS that man has considered since those very old times.

When you read or hear the name Henry T. Laurency, understand this was a pseudonym. All the thousands of pages he wrote are freely available online. There is no one selling anything (to my knowledge) related to Hylozoics, except maybe the old printed books, which are now outdated. Stick with the PDF's. All true Knowledge is Free. Remember that.

Also, our Laurency is a rough character; a hard read. Some have called him erudite. Have patience with his writing style. To some it's off-putting, while others find his authoritative tone a bit refreshing.

One last note: Hylozoics works on you slowly, according to how it resonates. Some may find it makes a lot of sense at first, and dive right in (be careful!), while others will look and see a lot of meaningless words (and numbers).

So again, patience in all things, friends! THERE IS NO RUSH!

Now to the preface, by another Student of Hylozoics ...
    ---------------------------------------------------

Egypt is currently in flames, it is therefore good to remember its unique heritage. Never forget

THE SMILE OF THE SPHINX AND ITS THREE QUESTIONS

Whence? How? Whither?

According to the original interpretation, the Sphinx is the keeper of the secret of life, the esoteric knowledge of existence.
    Its inscrutable smile, though oft explained in an increasingly pessimistic vein,
    however, is good. The Sphinx smiles because all life is a unity, fear and worry are unnecessary, sorrows and troubles are transient. Evil is the mistakes of life-ignorance and disappears inasmuch as man seeks the truth and applies in life what he has found. Mistakes are part of the necessary experience of life. But as mistakes are righted, the truth comes to light and proves to be the eternal law of life that guides everybody to perfection. The smile of the Sphinx is good. It indicates that life is divine and that it is up to each one of us when we shall be able to realize our divine possibilities.

The Sphinx is also the symbol of the man who had been initiated into the mysteries of life and passed the tests of initiation. These were in olden times of such a character that only those who had overcome fear and mastered their lower nature could stand the horrors. These were in actual fact magical phenomena, terrifying etheric physical and emotional elementals produced by the hierophant and made visible to the unprepared neophyte. In occult literature there are many descriptions of similar tests.

Legend had it that the Sphinx blocked the path to the sanctuary and hurled down into the abyss everyone who could not answer its three questions rightly. Which these were was of course kept secret and were later made the objects of profound expositions, all false, of course.

The Greek mysteries were of three kinds. In the lesser mysteries, people were taught about life after death in the emotional world (the “underworld”), in the greater mysteries, about the sojourn in the mental world. Only in the highest degree, which was so secret that just those who were initiated into it knew of its existence, they were given the answer to the three questions summing up the knowledge of reality and life - the three questions of the Sphinx: Whence, How, and Whither?

The following pdf-file contains a short summary of Hylozoics (Pythagoras esoteric teaching) answer to the eternal three Questions:

Whence? How? Whither?

Pythagorean Hylozoics (PH) is very deep and confusing, but if someone begins to read such works, and it resonates, ... well, look into it further.

THE THREE QUESTIONS OF THE SPHINX

I said much about it here, but only the EARS that need to Hear about it, heeded it. And so it is, it was talked about already on Avalon.

http://www.laurency.com/KVe/kr4.pdf
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 13th October 2018 at 15:16. Reason: restored a self-deleted post to start the thread

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

alexandra (19th August 2013), aranuk (19th August 2013), bennycog (20th August 2013), Conchis (18th August 2013), Eram (18th August 2013), Flash (22nd August 2013), Freed Fox (19th August 2013), ichingcarpenter (13th October 2018), johnf (21st August 2013), learninglight (22nd August 2013), Lifebringer (22nd August 2013), shadowstalker (18th August 2013), sirdipswitch (19th August 2013), soleil (21st August 2013), Sunny-side-up (22nd August 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Default Re: An Invitation to HYLOZOICS

Many thanks for posting the above PDF Henry. Also Rudolf Steiners' basic understanding of the condition of man and the various kingdoms is very similar if not the same. Steiner said that we have a physical body in common with the mineral kingdom, an etheric or life body in common with the plant kingdom, an astral or sentient body in common with the animal kingdom and man alone has an ego which is self aware. Anyway a great post and a lot to discuss to further our own understanding of our place in the cosmos.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

bennycog (20th August 2013), johnf (22nd August 2013), Kalamos (19th August 2013), sirdipswitch (19th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (22nd August 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Downloaded a copy for later read. Thanx, Henry!!

Just on a side note sos' ya know, I did a 14 month study of Vol: I-II, of Blavatskys' "Secret Doctrines". Along with Rudolph Stiener, and even Max Heindels "The Rosecrution Cosmo Connection". I also read most of her reference books that she used in SD, from both critics and Masters. Most of what is offered by the Theosophical Society, at Pasadena, Ca., and Chenai, India. And much of the work produced by Krishnamurti

I have since taken a bit different approach to life, and stuffed all that stuff on a back shelf, and went my own way. chuckle chuckle.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

aranuk (20th August 2013), donk (20th August 2013), johnf (21st August 2013), Kalamos (20th August 2013), soleil (21st August 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Several more links, Henry:

Hylozoik Studies
    Henry T. Laurency main site

These were provided by Ray/FineFeather:
    1. The Planetary Hierarchy
    2. Gnostics
    3. The Black Lodge

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

aranuk (20th August 2013), Bo Atkinson (13th October 2018), Flash (22nd August 2013), Freed Fox (20th August 2013), johnf (21st August 2013), Kalamos (20th August 2013), soleil (21st August 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

i took a peek at the material and found it interesting that Laurency references the stages of being by the Theosophical Society then points out the mistakes of LeadBeater and Besant. i personally found some good reading in Leadbeaters material but with a grain of salt took the Rosicrucian dimunitives as i had joined the Order in 1980 but no longer a member of. i will definitely look into some more of this HYLOZOICS .
    by your own efforts, awaken yourself and live joyously. you are the master.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnEAngel For This Post:

aranuk (20th August 2013), johnf (21st August 2013), Kalamos (20th August 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

ive been reading manly p hall, and so i think this is up my alley....*reading it cuz its short right now*
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Post:

johnf (21st August 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 times in 1,115 posts

I am wending my way through the Knowledge of reality, so I will wait until I am done with those before reading the three questions.
    I was inspired to do so by Finefeathers posts on the jesus/gnostics thread.

I read the section on the gnostics, and it lined up pretty well with my questioning of what was really behind christianity.

The numbers drive me crazy, but I am having little surges of understanding with it as I go.
    I tried to read some theosophy here and there over the years, but was allways either bewildered, or
    disappointed, this stuff makes more sense to me.

jf
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

donk (22nd August 2013), Flash (22nd August 2013), Kalamos (22nd August 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,820 times in 776 posts

Last edited by Kalamos; 18th April 2014 at 14:29.

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 times in 828 posts

Default Re: Ethnic-Specific Weapons: Leaked Documents Reveal US Diplomats in Georgia Trafficking Human Blood And Pathogens For Pentagon Biowarfare Laboratory

Thanks to all here, sharing these stories of awareness, about our extremely troubled world and faltering humanity. For positivity, i lean towards rays of common up-lift-ment of some kind. Finally in my old age, i find ‘esoterics’ from Adelskogh and Laurency, which provides me with so much appropriate rationale and preparation for what may come in life and what it has really been all about, from the outermost to the innermost. (This is eon old life jacket stuff).

There is a continuous stream of profound consciousness development through texts (for grounding) and causal-exercises to endure the worst possible eventualities as reported by wonderfully brave people, as through this thread. Such consciousness development raises my understanding, to see that release from the pit is an eventual option, for all who ultimately seek release. Laurency word-smithed: 'idiotization', imparting a bit of humor, to begin appreciating a release from human folly, without too much distress.

a few short excerpts below are extracted from http://www.laurency.com/L1e/kl1_9.pdf

Knowledge of Life

9 THE LAW

The ruling idiologies in religion, philosophy, and science must be destroyed to make room for the esoteric knowledge. This is necessary since those totally mistaken views of reality, life and the Law idiotize mankind and make true understanding impossible. Criticism is obviously, not enough. The new tactic, “you should not criticize, you should not be negative” etc. is a satanic trick to counteract the esoteric knowledge. How can you make people see through perversion when all the authorities of the day sing its praises in all keys? There is a limit to everything. It is not lack of patience. That quality is there, and to excess. But if people refuse to adjust to the new cosmic vibrations, then a catastrophe is inevitable. Those vibrations will shatter everything that hinders the new forces of life from working purposively.
    So criticism is not enough…

~~~
    You must use strong words so that you make people listen, something that can be heard above the noise and din of the satanists. If such things annoy some people, it is their own fault.

They want to have their spiritual corns wrapped up into the softest fur.

Everyone who sees the necessity of fighting lies and hatred, stand up in the name of truth and swear off this cult of lies!

~~~
    The time has come to speak out and act, the time of silence and suffering under the satanist yoke is gone.

10 The planetary hierarchy has prepared for this revolution for the past five hundred years.

The religious wars during the 17th century, the social revolution during the 18th century, the scientific revolution during the 19th century and the two world wars have prepared for the last blow, the death-blow to lies, hatred, inhumanity, to all that barbarism called culture.

Has it not unmasked itself clearly enough?
    Last edited by Hervé; 13th October 2018 at 15:25.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Charles Harris (13th October 2018), Kalamos (15th March 2022), Valerie Villars (13th October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread