Thread: Japan nuclear agency upgrades Fukushima alert level

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,638 times in 18,693 posts

Default Japan nuclear agency upgrades Fukushima alert level

BBC News - Fukushima nuclear plant: Radioactive water leak found

Published on 20 Aug 2013

Radioactive water has leaked from a storage tank into the ground at Japan's
    Fukushima plant, its operator says.Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) said the
    leak of at least 300 tonnes of the highly radioactive water was discovered on
    Monday.The plant, crippled by the earthquake and tsunami in 2011, has seen a
    series of water leaks and power failures.

The tsunami knocked out cooling systems to the reactors, three of which melted
    down.

Rupert Wingfield-Hayes reports.

===================================================

21 August 2013 Last updated at 09:03

Japan nuclear agency upgrades Fukushima alert level

Rupert Wingfield-Hayes reports that the change in severity level is regarded as "significant"

Vid on link......http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23776345

Japan's nuclear agency has upgraded the severity level of a radioactive water leak at
    the Fukushima plant from one to three on an international scale. Highly radioactive
    water was found to be leaking from a storage tank into the ground at the plant on
    Monday. It was first classified as a level one incident on the International Nuclear and
    Radiological Event Scale (Ines). But Japan's Nuclear Regulation Authority proposes
    elevating it to level three on the seven-point scale. Japanese reports say it is a
    provisional move that had to be confirmed with the IAEA, the UN's nuclear agency.
    This week is the first time that Japan has declared an event on the Ines scale since the
    2011 earthquake and tsunami. The move was announced in a document on the
    agency's website and was subsequently approved at a weekly meeting of the regulatory
    body.Shares of plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) fell as much as
    13% to 537 yen as investors worried about the impact of the development.

'Five-year dose'

This hand out picture taken by Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) on 19 August 2013
    shows contaminated water which leaked from a water tank at Fukushima nuclear power
    plant Workers discovered the water was leaking from a tank on Monday

The March 2011 tsunami knocked out cooling systems to the reactors at the plant, three
    of which melted down. Water is now being pumped in to cool the reactors but this
    means that a large amount of contaminated water has to be stored on site. this one is
    being seen as the most serious to date, because of the volume - 300 tonnes of
    radioactive water, according to Tepco - and high levels of radioactivity in the water.

A puddle of the contaminated water was emitting 100 millisieverts an hour of radiation,
    Kyodo news agency said earlier this week.

Masayuki Ono, general manager of Tepco, told Reuters news agency: "One hundred
    millisieverts per hour is equivalent to the limit for accumulated exposure over five years
    for nuclear workers; so it can be said that we found a radiation level strong enough to
    give someone a five-year dose of radiation within one hour."

Teams of workers at the plant have surrounded the leaking tank with sandbags and
    have been attempting to suck up large puddles of radioactive water.

But, reports the BBC's Rupert Wingfield-Hayes in Tokyo, it is a difficult and dangerous
    job. The water is so radioactive that teams must be constantly rotated and it is clear
    that most of the toxic water has already disappeared into the ground.

Under the Ines, events have seven categories starting with Level 0 ("without safety
    significance") and Levels 1-3 denoting "incidents" while Levels 4-7 denote "accidents".

The triple meltdown at Fukushima two years ago was classed as a level 7 incident.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23776345

=======================================================

New radioactive leak found at Fukushima plant

Published on 20 Aug 2013

It's been over two years since a catastrophic Tsunami pounded the Fukushima Nuclear
    Power plant spreading radioactive material in the area. The Japanese government did its
    best to contain the seepage, but new reports indicate that storage tanks at the plant are
    now leaking. RT's Meghan Lopez has more on the alarming update.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 21st August 2013 at 15:45.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (21st August 2013), AnnOther (21st August 2013), avid (21st August 2013), Bill Ryan (23rd August 2013), Christine (24th August 2013), DNA (21st August 2013), exponentialist (22nd August 2013), Frenchy (18th October 2015), Gardener (11th September 2015), justntime2learn (5th November 2015), Limor Wolf (23rd August 2013), ljwheat (23rd August 2013), lookbeyond (21st August 2013), mahalall (4th September 2013), Prodigal Son (21st August 2013), RMorgan (21st August 2013), Star Tsar (21st August 2013), vano915 (20th September 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Default Re: Japan nuclear agency upgrades Fukushima alert level

Interesting that they show green healthy looking weeds growing right there in the ground that is saturated with radiated water. Would you not think they would be dead already? Something tells me there is much more to see than that little area of puddle.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

4evrneo (21st August 2013), peggy englebrake (2nd September 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Weirdest thing ever, a stupid white overall and a piece of plastic called facemask can shield you from ridiculous amounts of lethal toxic radiation apparently, even when on site, and every prepper in the US is wearing lead underpants and drowning his thyroid in iodine and lugols, this is still all very confusing to me, and I still can only guess what is really going on and in the meantime while everybody is typing in Japan and Fukushima in their searchbar hardly anyone is watching the Japanese markets which is about to crash into its self, if this is indeed the case of course, all in all its just very distracting from who knows what and who knows why.

Here, some funny stinkeye from an obviously very clever baby to balance this sh!t out.

Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 21st August 2013 at 13:43. Reason: stinkeye

6. Link to Post #4
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    Interesting that they show green healthy looking weeds growing right there in the ground that is saturated with radiated water. Would you not think they would be dead already? Something tells me there is much more to see than that little area of puddle.
    Most plant species are not affected by radiation, since their organisms are quite less complex compared to ours.

In fact, some plants even show positive growth response in radioactive regions, such as Chernobyl.

However, even if they appear to be healthy, they should be properly measured for excessive radioactive contamination before being directed for human consumption.

Anyway, this whole situation is quite dangerous; They should try to fix it asap before it gets worse. The problem is that those reactors are so hot, that even robots canīt fix them without melting within just a few minutes.

Quote Posted by 778 neighbour of some guy (here)
    Weirdest thing ever, a stupid white overall and a piece of plastic called facemask can shield you from ridiculous amounts of lethal toxic radiation apparently, even when on site, and every prepper in the US is wearing lead underpants and drowning his thyroid in iodine and lugols, this is still all very confusing to me, and I still can only guess what is really going on ...
    Itīs all about exposure time, my friend.

One could approach such site naked for only a couple of minutes and, theoretically, go on with his life without major consequences.

It all depends on the exposure time/radiation level ratio.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 21st August 2013 at 13:47.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (21st August 2013), Atlas (27th August 2013), Bill Ryan (23rd August 2013), Eram (21st August 2013), fourty-two (18th October 2013), GaelVictor (23rd August 2013), Limor Wolf (23rd August 2013), seko (21st August 2013), Sidney (21st August 2013), vano915 (20th September 2015), Wind (21st August 2013), zebowho (21st August 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I do wonder the possibilities, of whether or not it CAN be fixed at this point. This seems to have been ongoing since day one, from the original malfunction, and they are now announcing a new leak. When really was it new? Last week, last month? 18 months ago? We really will never know. MSM is always full of tiny truths buried in piles of lies.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

4evrneo (21st August 2013), 778 neighbour of some guy (21st August 2013), skamandar (21st August 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Most plant species are not affected by radiation, since their organisms are quite less complex compared to ours.

In fact, some plants even show positive growth response in radioactive regions, such as Chernobyl.

However, even if they appear to be healthy, they should be properly measured for excessive radioactive contamination before being directed for human consumption.

Anyway, this whole situation is quite dangerous; They should try to fix it asap before it gets worse. The problem is that those reactors are so hot, that even robots canīt fix them without melting within just a few minutes.

Weirdest thing ever, a stupid white overall and a piece of plastic called facemask can shield you from ridiculous amounts of lethal toxic radiation apparently, even when on site, and every prepper in the US is wearing lead underpants and drowning his thyroid in iodine and lugols, this is still all very confusing to me, and I still can only guess what is really going on ...
    Itīs all about exposure time, my friend.

One could approach such site naked for only a couple of minutes and, theoretically, go on with his life without major consequences.

It all depends on the exposure time/radiation level ratio.

Raf.
    Ah I see Raf, every Japanese man woman and child will take turns for the coming god knows how long, may the force keep providing them with white overalls then, perhaps there will be a bright future in house painting in the near future. But what will we do when we run out off Japanese???

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

What can we do about it? Pray?
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st August 2013), vano915 (20th September 2015)

13. Link to Post #8
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

are the levels still .00065 R? (or in other words around 1 millionth the dose a cancer patient recieves).

I didn't see mention of the levels of radiation in this article, isn't that like. THE MOST important piece of information in a situation like this?

I feel like a bit of a broken record, but radiation fear has been "debunked" ... haha
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    has anyone ever seen actual proof of the levels of radiation that are damaging to humans or fish? I've seen evidence that radiation is NOT harmful at the levels we are talking about in Fukushima, I've never seen evidence that it is.
    17 page discussion on this topic here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...r-nuclear-scam

Did you know that there's a movement of people who wear uranium/thorium/other radioactive pendants for the amazing HEALTH benefits? I've been wearing a pendant that is more radioactive than the area out side the fukushima compound for around 5 months
    8 page discussion on that here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...Dose-Radiation
    edit: fixed links
    Last edited by TargeT; 21st August 2013 at 14:20.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Atlas (27th August 2013), Cidersomerset (21st August 2013), Finefeather (25th August 2013), Kimberley (21st August 2013), ljwheat (23rd August 2013), Sidney (21st August 2013)

15. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Did you know that there's a movement of people who wear uranium/thorium/other radioactive pendants for the amazing HEALTH benefits? I've been wearing a pendant that is more radioactive than the area out side the fukushima compound for around 5 months
    O yeah that's right, how is that working out for you btw, any benefits?

404 link
    Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 21st August 2013 at 14:04. Reason: 404

16. Link to Post #10
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

I didn't see mention of the levels of radiation in this article, isn't that like. THE MOST important piece of information in a situation like this?
    Hey my friend,

According to the article, a puddle of the contaminated water was emitting 100 millisieverts an hour of radiation, which, according to the general manager of Tepco, is equivalent to the limit for accumulated exposure over five years
    for nuclear workers.

Raf.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

4evrneo (21st August 2013), fourty-two (18th October 2013), Limor Wolf (23rd August 2013), Sidney (21st August 2013)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

are the levels still .00065 R? (or in other words around 1 millionth the dose a cancer patient recieves).

I feel like a bit of a broken record, but radiation fear has been "debunked" ... haha
    has anyone ever seen actual proof of the levels of radiation that are damaging to humans or fish? I've seen evidence that radiation is NOT harmful at the levels we are talking about in Fukushima, I've never seen evidence that it is.
    17 page discussion on this topic here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...t=nuclear+scam

Did you know that there's a movement of people who wear uranium/thorium/other radioactive pendants for the amazing HEALTH benefits? I've been wearing a pendant that is more radioactive than the area out side the fukushima compound for around 5 months
    I feel I am not really even qualified to comment, because I am not educated well enough on the subject. But are all the massive fish die offs, and pacific dead zones just a bunch of hype too?

TatgeT, what is your opinion of why they are heightening the radiation scare? What is their ultimate motive, if it is really not dangerous? Just trying to connect more dots.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

4evrneo (21st August 2013), 778 neighbour of some guy (21st August 2013), avid (21st August 2013), Christine (24th August 2013), Limor Wolf (23rd August 2013), TargeT (21st August 2013)

20. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    In a galaxy not too far away from where you are right now
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 times in 409 posts

There have been a number of threads about Fukushima on Project Avalon - the point is that this an on-going disaster which the MSM has been ignoring for the last two years, all the while sites like www.enenews.com and ex-skf.blogspot.com have been chronicling how bad it is.

Funny that, if you look at the Wikipedia entry you would have no idea; their idea of a reliable source is TEPCO...

http://majiasblog.blogspot.com/ is also a good source of analysis.

The corium from the three reactors is somewhere in the ground below the buildings (but nobody knows where - TEPCO have admitted they do not know) - cooling with seawater is ongoing but creating huge amounts of contaminated water, which is going into the Pacific. In addition, the corium is going critical from time to time which releases radioactive material into the air (this gets no media coverage, but is as big a problem as the water). THIS WILL PROBABLY CONTINUE FOR MANY YEARS SINCE THE CORIUM CANNOT BE REACHED NEVER MIND REMOVED.

Sorry for the all caps but that is the take-away message which is very bad news. The current tank leak is unimportant by comparison, even though in absolute terms it is a very serious accident.

The other very serious problem is reactor 4 fuel pool, which is seriously damaged and full of damaged fuel rods (since reactor 4 was shut down in March 2011 and all the rods removed to the pool). They are going to have to remove these rods manually, since any big quake could collapse the fuel pool leading to an uncontrolled and open-air nuclear reaction. Yet removing the rods manually will be like a game of Jenga. This is due to start October/November this year. It is hard to overstate how dangerous this will be. I think there are over 1,000 fuel rods in the pool. Cannot see this ending well.

Finally all of the water used for cooling is being stored in tanks on site, one of these is now leaking. These tanks were constructed cheap and fast. They will not last long, but the water will be radioactive for 100's of years. What do you think will happen? Probably, it will end up in the Pacific.

This is all very, very bad...

However, no discussion of Fukushima could be completed without mentioning that cancer is fully curable, not least by using hemp oil (Rick Simpson). So we cannot ONLY look at Fukushima (or we would get very, very depressed)...

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

GreenGuy (3rd December 2013), HORIZONS (22nd August 2013), skamandar (21st August 2013), vano915 (20th September 2015)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Did you know that there's a movement of people who wear uranium/thorium/other radioactive pendants for the amazing HEALTH benefits? I've been wearing a pendant that is more radioactive than the area out side the fukushima compound for around 5 months
    O yeah that's right, how is that working out for you btw, any benefits?

404 link

Some people use it for pain and infections, I'm using it as a preventative measure, so no "immediate" benefits; though I'm 33, semi active and conscious of what I eat & also very very resistant to substances so I'm not the best cause study.

the thread has some interesting results of the use of radioactive mudpacks and drinking water (which I am looking into as well).

it also has details on studies that show people exposed to the levels of radiation at fukushima live longer and more cancer free than those not exposed.

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Hey my friend,

According to the article, a puddle of the contaminated water was emitting 100 millisieverts an hour of radiation, which, according to the general manager of Tepco, is equivalent to the limit for accumulated exposure over five years
    for nuclear workers.

Raf.
    the question I pose is: who set the levels of exposure, and why are they SO LOW?

conversion is straightforward, as 1 Sv = 100 rem by definition.. and further 1Sv = 1000.000 mSv (mili) = 1000000 ĩSv(Micro)

The roentgen equivalent in man (or mammal) (abbreviated rem) which is an older, CGS, unit of equivalent dose, effective dose, and committed dose. rem is a complex weighted average of absorbed dose, which is a clear physical quantity measured in rads. There is no universally applicable conversion constant from rad to rem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roentgen_equivalent_man

This page has a helpful calculator for converting measurements:
    http://www.endmemo.com/sconvert/sievert.php

I think this whole topic is purposefully confusing so the fear can be spread very easily.

So either way, when measured in mSv the levels are tiny. 7,000 R is 65 Sviert (or 65,000 mSv) which can get you sick when exposed directly IN YOUR BLOOD (not exterior to your body, chemio is an internal exposure) 65,000 mSv exposure on your skin would make me nervous, but no where near panic or worried that I would die.

I feel I am not really even qualified to comment, because I am not educated well enough on the subject. But are all the massive fish die offs, and pacific dead zones just a bunch of hype too?
    The fish die offs were due to lack of o2, which is concerning, absolutely! but had nothing to do with radiation.

they were a perfect example of Logical Fallacy ( Correlation does not equal causation)

TatgeT, what is your opinion of why they are heightening the radiation scare? What is their ultimate motive, if it is really not dangerous? Just trying to connect more dots.
    Well, first I'd say Energy:
    LFTR (Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor) is called by scientists "burning rocks"

we would have so much abundance of energy it would be ridiculous and the oil based economy would collapse.

Second (and minor compared to the first) health, what if cancer rates FELL dramatically, all that money lost?
    What if infection rates fell dramatically?

It fits very well with the controlstructure's typical M.O.

Over all I'd say this topic (the false nuclear scare/scam) is the MOST IMPORTANT topic with the exception of archons and most relivant to every day life that I have found in my time on this forum.

Nothing else comes close (as far as every day impact is concerned) and yet it's hardly talked about
    Last edited by TargeT; 21st August 2013 at 14:59. Reason: had to add archons!
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

4evrneo (21st August 2013), 778 neighbour of some guy (21st August 2013), Atlas (27th August 2013), avid (21st August 2013), Cidersomerset (21st August 2013), Ernie Nemeth (21st August 2013), Finefeather (25th August 2013), Kimberley (21st August 2013), Limor Wolf (23rd August 2013), ljwheat (23rd August 2013), Sidney (21st August 2013), SKIBADABOMSKI (21st August 2013), zebowho (21st August 2013)

24. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

I'm not sure if radioactivity is as dangerous as we have been lead to believe. Ever since I watched that video where the guy eats plutonium and uranium I have wondered about the radiation effect. So, from the top of my head:

What is radio-activity? It is the tiny clicks a geigercounter measures. Those little clicks are supposedly gamma ray particles emitted by certain unstable elements like uranium, plutonium, radium, cobalt, etc. Over time, these elements decay into other, lighter elements. It is said that all elements except I believe it is iron (or is it lead, can't remember, one of those two anyway) are unstable - lighter elements combine and heavier elements split into two until all elements eventually become iron (or lead). And that's it. That's the whole effect in a nut shell.

The idea that a substance can be contaminated by radioactivity has no theoretical explanation. What would do the contaminating? Now, if radioactive particles or elements are diluted in water for example, then the water is very much contaminated. But if water is only in close proximity to some radioactive material it theoretically should be fine once removed from the vicinity of the radioactive source.

Somehow, somewhere, we were mislead to believe that exposure to radioactivity makes you radioactive - it does not!

I've been racking my head over this one ever since that video. I cannot find any theoretical evidence or any physical phenomena to explain the radioactive contamination, without physical mixing, of a non-radioactive material. It just does not make scientific sense.

Another way of saying this is you will not glow green if exposed to radioactivity. Maybe that's how the astronauts made it to the moon without sufficient shielding, there is no effect like the one they propose. And remember, those spacecraft that did go to space are on display to the public. That would now be possible if they had truly been contaminated by radioactive material from outer space.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 21st August 2013 at 15:01.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (21st August 2013), Atlas (27th August 2013), Cidersomerset (21st August 2013), Finefeather (25th August 2013), ljwheat (23rd August 2013), TargeT (21st August 2013)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Maybe that's how the astronauts made it to the moon without sufficient shielding, there is no effect like the one they propose. And remember, those spacecraft that did go to space are on display to the public. That would now be possible if they had truly been contaminated by radioactive material from outer space.
    funny that you mention that, before I learned what I now understand about radiation I was SURE the moon landing was a hoax, after all the radiation in space would have cooked the astronauts,,,, RIGHT? then I saw the same video you spoke of and did some research into where the NRC got it's numbers from and it's guide line that "no exposure is acceptable" and found it came from no where that I or anyone I know would base a decision off of.

this truely is a fascinating topic that is hurting the globe right now, if LFTR reactors (see above short video) were exploited we could have energy that is so in-expensive and safe that we would laugh at what our current selves are doing.

Thorium is the most prevalant isotope on the planet, and right now the US (due to the NCR) has to store it in special places due to its level of radioactivity... this stuff is everywhere, in every square inch of dirt in the US... and yet the extra costs of dealing with it have COMPLETELY DECIMATED the Rare Earth element mining operations in the US to the point that we don't even have any now....

This has put CHINA in a very very special economic position (which makes me wonder if this was part of the idea behind the nuclear scare... long term economic planning that was preparing to leverage the HUGE BOOM of the largest population in the world creating an aflluent middle class).
    Where are you?

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Atlas (27th August 2013), Cidersomerset (21st August 2013), Ernie Nemeth (21st August 2013), Finefeather (25th August 2013), ljwheat (23rd August 2013), zebowho (21st August 2013)

28. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

Debate all you want about the levels of radioactivity and the differing types. Eat Uranium, wear highly radio-active jewelry......whatever. The end result will still be the same. Chances of the Japanese extracting over 1,300 spent fuel rods from a severely damaged fuel pool......all by hand and wearing visually restricting safety gear, is extremely slim......practically non-existent. We are doomed to all die in about 4 months time from severe radiation poisoning. The bright spot in all of this is this - We have been given a wonderful opportunity to evolve suddenly, en masse, to the next level if we do it right. It will take a lot of people raising their consciousness as high as they can, but it could definitely work. That kind of empowerment will negate the radioactivity......or so I've been told by those who seem to know what they're talking about. Here's an article that more clearly describes in good detail, what we get to look forward to concerning the removal of the spent fuel rods.

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/article...ushima-effort/

Personally, I'd much rather evolve than perish due to our global leader's insanity.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (21st August 2013), Limor Wolf (23rd August 2013), peggy englebrake (2nd September 2016), RMorgan (21st August 2013)

30. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

Maybe that radioactivity exposure will mutate our DNA and help with this evolution you speak of. Maybe that's how we all evolve to a higher level en mass.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st August 2013), ljwheat (23rd August 2013), Wind (21st August 2013)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lone Bean (here)
    We are doomed to all die in about 4 months time from severe radiation poisoning..
    see this is exactly what we are dealing with here; it's baffling, not ONE PERSON has been hospitalized or even sick from radiation poisoning in the Fukushima incident and yet some people REALLY BELIEVE that the whole planet will die due to this..

now I'll be the first to say that I wouldn't want to sleep next to one of those spent fuel rods.. but they are just that.. SPENT FUEL RODS! they don't do ANYTHING on their own, they can't sustain a nuclear reaction, in fact they can be "poisoned" so they are unable to if needed.. they are not super dangerous on their own.. they are actually quite valuable, France has been offering to buy our nuclear "waste" for years but we wont sell it.

this kind of fear-backed-by-nothing thinking is almost impossible to change.
    Where are you?

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st August 2013), Ernie Nemeth (21st August 2013), Finefeather (25th August 2013), ljwheat (23rd August 2013), seko (21st August 2013), Shannow (27th September 2013), SKIBADABOMSKI (21st August 2013)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Fukushima :Tepco admit contaminated water has leaked into the Pacific

Published on 20 Aug 2013

The operator of Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear
    plant says around 300 tonnes of highly...

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (21st August 2013), RMorgan (21st August 2013)

36. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Maybe that radioactivity exposure will mutate our DNA and help with this evolution you speak of. Maybe that's how we all evolve to a higher level en mass.
    Its a bit complicated Ernie but basically in the ion material the atmosphere is changing now into a more CO2 based mix.
    We are supposed to be mutating with it ? Who knows ? but it seems odd TPTB are not doing more to protect forests etc.
    Unless they know there is not much they can do and this is a evolutionary event. Its all to do with our changing cells.....

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (21st August 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 11 32 LastLast