+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Century of the Self - amazing documentary - MUST SEE

1. Link to Post #1
    Ireland Avalon Member Poly Hedra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 times in 349 posts

Default Century of the Self - amazing documentary - MUST SEE

Hey, I'm guessing a lot of people may have already see it... so if you haven't I'd highly recommend it.

Its about the beginnings of public relations, and the history of advertising as we know it. The story of Edward Bernays and Sigmund Freud and how a warped version of his psychology was used on the masses. Very insightful.

Part 1: Happiness Machines

Part 2: The Engineering of Consent

Part 3: There is a Policeman Inside All Our Heads; He Must Be Destroyed.

Part 4: Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering

Enjoy. X
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th November 2018 at 13:52. Reason: updated the video links

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Century of the Self - amazing documentary - MUST SEE

this is a really interesting vid, saw it a while back...thank you for sharing

peace always
    mike

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

nice find man

4. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

I've heard of Edward Bernays and have known essentially who he was and what he did, but this is the first time that I have sat and watched a documentary about him. I've just finished part 1 which explains the fundamentals of the extreme effects that he forced onto the world.

The Century Of Self Part 1 (of 4)
    Happiness Machines

The story of the relationship between Sigmund Freud and his American nephew, Edward Bernays. Bernays invented the public relations profession in the 1920s and was the first person to take Freud's ideas to manipulate the masses. He showed American corporations how they could make people want things they didn't need by systematically linking mass-produced goods to their unconscious desires. Bernays was one of the main architects of the modern techniques of mass-consumer persuasion, using every trick in the book, from celebrity endorsement and outrageous PR stunts, to eroticising the motorcar. His most notorious coup was breaking the taboo on women smoking by persuading them that cigarettes were a symbol of independence and freedom. But Bernays was convinced that this was more than just a way of selling consumer goods. It was a new political idea of how to control the masses. By satisfying the inner irrational desires that his uncle had identified, people could be made happy and thus docile. It was the start of the all-consuming self which has come to dominate today's world.

The full documentary, all in one video:

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th November 2018 at 13:55. Reason: updated the video links
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,753 times in 32,946 posts

----------

Hello, All -

I'm delighted to see this recommended here.

CENTURY OF THE SELF is the best documentary series I've ever seen. I can't recommend it highly enough.

EVERYONE should see Part 3 : compulsory viewing to understand what happened to us all in the latter part of the twentieth century.

In a couple of very inadequate sentences, it's how the rapidly growing (and threatening) Human Potential Movement of the 1960s and 70s was hijacked by corporate business, and self-aware people were tricked into compromising their new-found sense of personal power and independence by buying products that seemed to reinforce their individuality.

In one brilliant swoop (researched by the CIA-backed Stanford Research Institute), the threat of the Human Potential Movement was emasculated.

We might have changed the world: but instead, we were all duped. Learn from this, folks, and don't get fooled again.

When it was first shown on the BBC in 2002 I was spellbound - and spent a long time trying to find it again. I eventually found it in San Francisco in 2005 where it was shown in a theater as a four hour movie with an intermission. I was indescribably pleased to find it later uploaded to YouTube for all to see.

Watch this episode and emerge profoundly thoughtful - trust me.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th November 2018 at 13:56. Reason: updated the video link

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

I will watch it Bill, thanks. Much appreciated.
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

In studying the material in these videos, it’s helpful to understand more of the background of the ideological changes which occurred during the sixties and seventies. I remember in 1974 talking to an acquaintance who was the Chairman of the Politics Department at one of the leading universities in my country. He knew that I was completing a postgraduate thesis in Philosophy at the time, and that I was also knowledgeable in Eastern meditation schools and in Psychology. At the time, he was desperate to get his hands on certain material. That was any material explaining the philosophical or ideological implications of the impact on Western culture and thought of the Indian gurus and their teachings. He was very interested to understand the ideological “invasion”, so to speak, of Indian spiritual teachings into the West. He assured me that to his mind, it had been easily the most important and the most paradigm-busting that had happened to Western political thought in well over a century.

So let me just fill you in a little, if I may, about what happens in the world of Philosophy. Each thirty or fifty or however many years, there are a small number of main “movements” or schools that every professional philosopher belongs to one of. These “movements” each possess their own techniques and approaches for winning an argument. Any fair-minded observer will agree it becomes obvious that a philosopher using the techniques and standpoints of any of the current movements will totally defeat anybody who is using those of any movement from any earlier period in the history of philosophy. And by the mid-seventies, one of the four movements of the day was what is known as “comparative philosophy”, meaning the study of ancient Eastern philosophy and its “translation” into Western terms.

At this point you are probably wondering: “Who cares what philosophical movements are or were the dominant ones?” You may even not put your response as politely as that. Well, let me remind you that ideas are very, very powerful. And especially ideological movements which are more sophisticated than all the ones which have gone before. Part of the way Western society and culture work is that the ideas created or discovered in the world of philosophy slowly “percolate” throughout society. They often form the dominant movements in the fine arts, particularly in painting, only a decade or two after being born in the world of philosophy. Usually a number of decades later, they have their full impact on the world of politics. Why am I explaining all this, you may still be asking. Well, I’m trying to make two points, for now. The first point is that these ideas are so powerful, nothing can stop them. The second point is, they are a step up in the evolution of human understanding; they are more sophisticated than what went before. So the whole human potential movement was a change for the better in our society. Yes, I know the video explains how think-tanks and advertising gurus managed to find a way to twist even that into something used to manipulate the population. But my point is, if you can free yourself from said manipulation in any way, you’ll be enjoying a higher level of spirituality than what had been generally available before. Consider how the US found it so hard to defeat the Vietnamese. This was so because their Buddhist culture had already taught them long ago to adhere to the “human potential” principles of knowing thyself and above all being to thine own self true. Or as the Christian Meister Eckhart put it: "The eye with which I see God is the same eye as the one with which He sees me."

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

I came across Bernays only recently too and it was an eye opener. I have since discussed his methods with my children especially the episode regarding smoking and feminism. So many kids today start smoking as a social prop - to seem 'cool'.

9. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member Project_Buggy_Beach's Avatar
    Thanks

My two cents worth after watching all four links. Have we arrived at a point in time where society in general has now fully experienced ‘self’ and is ready to move on, they’re no longer purchasing the lie, the latest high tech reversed engineered ‘suggestion’ is not fulfilling their inner desire for self fulfillment as a spiritual being or do they just not have the money to purchase the new toys? Focusing on others not service to self, are people really ready for that or are they seething angry mobs who will turn on themselves and destroy everything if things don’t get back to ‘normal’? I believe the spiritually advanced are always a very small portion of society, the number is constant and doesn’t change, maybe we should put LSD in the water supply to experience the massive shift in consciousness everyone already shifted is wishing for, beyond divine intervention there is just not enough of an enlightened percentage to usher in the next golden age (sometimes we identify with our microcosm subgroups we forget Joe Public isn’t vibrating on the same wavelength). All of the real rituals that let society release and experience the true divine have been prosaiced down into meaningless gestures, is this what causes the irrational fears and madman lurking within, the system is not faulted but the current software running is. Human beings are driven by primitive irrational fears and emotions when exposed to primitive irrational situations and emotions, for example war, college institutions feeding gullible students nonsense and absorption of the nonsense taking far too long to complete when any internet surfer today knows the true knowledge is right below the surface, it drives people insane. Good series worth watching, simplistic when you consider advertising techniques used today, subliminal overlays, audio, 3-D graphic manipulations, satellite delivery/surveillance, etc. (I found episode 4 interesting.)

The Century of the Self, Episode 4: Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th November 2018 at 14:09. Reason: updated the video link
    The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." --Niccolo Machiavelli,
    Italian philosopher, humanist and writer

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I too was spellbound watching that documentary back in 2002... my uncle was the only other person I knew who saw it and we were both open mouthed. Never really met anyone since who has seen it, so great to see this thread.

Thanks.

K

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

A spiritually evolved person basically sees service to others as a necessary and inseparable part of service to themselves. So the “self” that the videos are talking about isn’t the true self, which is the Higher Self. (Which the ancient Eastern religions have taught in their various ways, probably ever since Lemuria.)

The videos are hugely important, of course. But they're full of inaccurate assertions, for example, about Freud. Freud happened to hold that human beings don’t have any free choice or any real free will whatsoever. Freud was strictly a determinist. He believed that who you are is mainly set by your childhood conditioning – by your parents and teachers. Also, it so happens that for the last thirty years there has been virtually nobody in the entire field of professional psychology who believes that Freud’s theories are true or valid. There have been plenty of respectable experiments and studies that have rather conclusively proved that most of Freud’s theories were largely hogwash. About the only things that Freud did correctly assert were the following. Firstly, much of what occurs in the mind and/or soul of a human being occurs unconsciously, in nearly all cases. Although Eastern (both Chinese and Indian) psychology had discovered this thousands of years ago, to mainstream Western thought it was a new concept. Secondly, it’s true that we do get conditioned a great deal in our childhood and adolescence, and at such an age we do forget, and make unconscious, anything that’s unpleasant or painful.

Similarly, the videos make all sorts of incorrect or misleading assertions relating to the origins or the substance of the human potential movement.
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc
    A mind which is not crippled by memory has real freedom. ~ J. Krishnamurti
    (True, deep) stillness is the way.

12. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member ascendingstarseed's Avatar
    Thanks

I always wondered what happened and why we didn't move forward after the 60's, where we made so many enlightened discoveries. We almost made an evolutionary leap forward, then humanity regressed back into materialism and a self-serving, egoistic way of life.

Who knew there were a handful of people behind the scenes actually manipulating the "mind of the masses". Now the question is, how do we turn the masses around towards a service to others mentality?
    Last edited by ascendingstarseed; 4th October 2010 at 12:14.

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)

At this point you are probably wondering: “Who cares what philosophical movements are or were the dominant ones?” You may even not put your response as politely as that. Well, let me remind you that ideas are very, very powerful. And especially ideological movements which are more sophisticated than all the ones which have gone before. Part of the way Western society and culture work is that the ideas created or discovered in the world of philosophy slowly “percolate” throughout society. They often form the dominant movements in the fine arts, particularly in painting, only a decade or two after being born in the world of philosophy. Usually a number of decades later, they have their full impact on the world of politics. Why am I explaining all this, you may still be asking. Well, I’m trying to make two points, for now. The first point is that these ideas are so powerful, nothing can stop them. The second point is, they are a step up in the evolution of human understanding; they are more sophisticated than what went before. So the whole human potential movement was a change for the better in our society. Yes, I know the video explains how think-tanks and advertising gurus managed to find a way to twist even that into something used to manipulate the population. But my point is, if you can free yourself from said manipulation in any way, you’ll be enjoying a higher level of spirituality than what had been generally available before. Consider how the US found it so hard to defeat the Vietnamese. This was so because their Buddhist culture had already taught them long ago to adhere to the “human potential” principles of knowing thyself and above all being to thine own self true. Or as the Christian Meister Eckhart put it: "The eye with which I see God is the same eye as the one with which He sees me."

I became interested in the ideas of a similar nature back in 1978.

I had decided that... to create change in man, one had to travel the back channels of the mind, below the conscious buzz that the 'surface' of the world seemingly depended on, for general communication. I had a clue delivered to me when I heard the line that 'the best jokes in the world are heard by the President within 48 hours'. I began to investigate mental structure in the practical sense, with regard to how those around me functioned. To consider the working models around me. The world was my teacher, workshop, and classroom. My first year of western high school. Not a better experimental bubble is to be found, in the west.

I began to investigate catechisms and similar mind worms for the purposes of designed and shaped communicable mental infection. I thought it out, and made one I felt was perfect. I had considered the weighting and complexity (evolution level) for maximum effect and target audience compatibilities So it would flow from person to person, with as little impediment as possible, regardless of awareness, mental development, emotions, education, or age. Then.. I stepped up to the microphone of the unconscious in man...and uttered those few words tied to a symbol that was unique...and broadcast that into the world. I tested the broadcast and communication system.

It went global.

I was 13 years old.

I also had the second highest level of detentions in my high school, I was spending my time in the library reading works of fiction and whatnot. Never made it past grade 10 in the formal education system.

The western schooling system commits the act of what one could call 'the bell curve trim', like trimming a fish. First, we place the fish on the table...and cut off the tail..and then cut off the head. Then we gut it. Thus, western education.

In essence, I'm still at it. I just made that up for the purposes of simplicity and clarity. I've never heard that descriptive for western education before, but importantly, it is quite apt and understandable at all levels of mental development. Now watch that simple descriptive work it's way around and through societal, philosophical, and any other given relevant channels. I'm sure it's not unique, but application aspects transform the position of the given view presented and thus the meaning and internal aspects of revelation. To simplify communication to the needs of unconscious and internally connected systems...whilst retaining the depth of meaning.
    Last edited by Carmody; 4th October 2010 at 12:56.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

OK Bill, I get the point. I'm glad to have the documentary series in front of me again..as the first time I found them on the net, I could not view parts 3 & 4,and I have yet to see them. On one forum I was on..for a time, my signature was 'Don't be Stupid'- Edward Bernays (as a link to his Wikipedia entry.)

Another that is incredibly eye opening but not of exactly the same type ...is "The American Ruling Class".
    Last edited by Carmody; 4th October 2010 at 17:09.

15. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 239 posts

I just watched a good portion of this documentary. Quite brilliant!

From my knowledge of the subject, it seems that those in power, well throughout history, have understood that human beings have an innate drive toward growth. A spiritual flame that resides deep within. Often, if an individual is placed in an environment of little stimulation and/or high control, that inner passion will manifest itself as fury.

In modern times, psychoanalytic theory and many other forms of "societal control" have given human beings the illusion that they're achieving "growth," however materialistic it may be. And, quite frankly, this worries me. As the documentary states, we, as a collective, are being led to become docile consumers residing in a pseudo-democratic land. This makes us safe, tamed, and supportive; no need for those in power to fear us becoming what we truly are - powerful, loving, spiritual beings striving to grow, learn, and develop.

16. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

I agree with Bill that this is an outstanding documentary series. These four hours have answered a long term question that I have had about the history surrounding where we are today. These videos should be shown in every high school around the globe.

As a member of the Conscious Media Network, yesterday I tapped into the site to see what new videos were posted. What I thought was to be a video on prison reform, turned out to have been mis-loaded. I immediately realized the importance of what I was seeing and sat back for a long viewing session, and am so glad that I did.

It is absolutely astonishing what just one person can accomplish within a lifetime. Not all will agree with what Edward Bernays put in motion. His work could have been turned around and used for the good of billions. Had he marketed his work and sold books, he would still have become very wealthy and could have lived a very comfortable life and saved our world a great deal of grief. His choice of path was quite different.

I am paraphrasing one of the people interviewed for this series, but I so agree with what he said: The people are not in charge. The people's desires are in charge. We have become slaves to our desires and offered doggy treats from politicians, corporations and the elite.

I can't argue with that.
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

That is the point entirely. We feel we are given individuation through the reflection of our id or ego structure's desires being satisfied..not realizing that the channel that is used, the channel in the human mind that is used to control the masses..is, for the most part..identical enough for this purpose..for it to be successfully used.

It is important to realize that the ego construct is a Freudian one and is simplified, and is only 100 years old. The reason it has worked so well as a point in understanding so far is due to the point that it is simplified enough, yet retains enough accuracy for it to be a useful tool, even for those who do not understand it's true meaning. The history of the gun follows a similar line. People can't individually understand it's total sum mechanistic complexity and make one --but they can use one to shape history.

Thus the power of well made tools.

Ie, what is it..over 15% of humanity that is on the net ---is expressing their individuation by being together on facebook? Does anyone even get the irony of that?

If you want to help man, you must find and implement the right tools, and they must be thought forms that cannot be prevented in their conscious and unconscious transfer. For in reality, that is exactly what is being done to man right now. They (the created tool or thought form) must target the base functions we all share.
    Last edited by Carmody; 7th October 2010 at 08:06.

18. Link to Post #18
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 404 posts

DON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN YOU CAN BE -
    MAKE YOUR LIFE A MASTERPIECE

I want to draw attention to this very insightful documentary, posted already by Bill, which was – surprisingly? – made by BBC. It gives us an idea about the driving forces which have shaped the reality in which we live today.
    It is spot on the basic problems.
    After seeing this documentary, you might understand why we are in today’s mess and where the basic mistakes have been made.

The rationale of the Controllers will become clearer and also why They think some drastic changes have to be implemented, as this path has led into a dead end.

It clearly shows how, by accepting the Freudian view of Man’s nature, we have created a selfish society which is driven by the highest goal: The egoistic satisfaction of primitive instincts.

(Condensed) Quote:” The appeal to the selfish, instinct driven freudian individual has been multiplied by companies to produce the ideal consumer . The people are not in charge , but the people’s desires are in charge and politic is reduced to a delivery system of doggy treats with only short term results and contradictory strategies..

Particularly part 3 and 4 are very informative with interviews of insiders of the geopolitical arena.

There is a Policeman Inside All Our Heads; He Must Be Destroyed.

Part 4 follows the timeline up to events surrounding the Blair and Clinton elections:

Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th November 2018 at 14:14. Reason: updated the video links

19. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bashi For This Post:

58andfixed (17th January 2011), Anna (17th January 2011), Aurelius (11th February 2013), Bill Ryan (14th January 2011), BMJ (14th February 2013), GoldenYears (15th January 2011), Icecold (15th January 2011), keiththompsonmusic (16th January 2011), Muzz (11th February 2013), noxon medem (15th January 2011), Pilgrim (16th February 2013), Rocky_Shorz (11th February 2013), sigma6 (12th February 2013), Taurean (12th February 2013), write4change (23rd January 2011)

20. Link to Post #19
    New Zealand Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hi, I agree this is a good documentary. Though I get it mixed up with the three part BBC documentary called, "The Trap, What Happened to our Dreams of Freedom?" Also well worth watching.

Part One:
    Part Two:
    Part Three: WE WILL FORCE YOU TO BE FREE is a MUST WATCH
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th November 2018 at 14:20. Reason: updated the video links

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fractalius For This Post:

58andfixed (17th January 2011), GoldenYears (15th January 2011), MariaDine (15th January 2011)

22. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

WHICH SIDE OF HISTORY WILL YOU BE ON?

This is an age old phenomena we are living in the midst of; planetary shift, on a literal world-wide scale. This is the story of good versus evil, right versus wrong cloaked in secrecy and bathed in blood. The only thing that has really changed is the means to wreak destruction on mankind in a more efficient way but then, I suppose, a long time ago, in a galaxy far away, we've been this road before.

It grows tiresome and almost laughable because of how many times we have been here before in the past and still, most people, don't get it or fail to see the recurring patterns. Have we not proven, time and again, that violence, anger and killing serves only those that would wish to divide and conquer us? The answer, as I see it, is so clear and esoteric it's no wonder that the mass of humanity can't, or more aptly, refuses to see it. If you want to control a populace just inject fear and greed and maintain that lower tonal resonance. Some of us refuse to resonate with that. Many of us are close to that ideal but allow other negative energies to control their minds and spirits and never fully materialize the 100th monkey we so fundamentally need to eradicate the pervasive evil so intent on power and money control. What I find so crucial in this flux of humanity to this resonance is actually realizing we are the very energy that drives everything, good or bad. It truly is a magnificent trap, a downward spiral that leads to ultimate control.

What I see around me every day is this full circle in action. All the clues are there if you're willing to bother looking. Most won't simply because that would require them to get out of their comfort zone. Apparently, different is evil and no-one wants to suffer "jeer pressure". No-one wants to be viewed as weird, odd, different, outside the "norm" etc. Fair enough. Can someone please explain to me what is normal? Is normal racing to ones' doom because everyone else is herded in that direction? If a ship was sinking and the masses were clamouring to climb aboard, would you follow them or choose a raft of your own making? Smart move. Here's the real issue however. Most people don't see the recurring trap. Revolution is futile where resistance is not. Protesting is acquiesence and being unhappy about what you are agreeing to by default. The real enemy now is the ease at which they can get people angry, to step into the negative frequencies and then, destroy themselves and each other and all the while thinking you are doing the right thing.

So exactly what does killing a fellow human solve anyway? How far can you get by arguing from an ego driven viewpoint? I mean really, what gets solved by screaming that your god is better than their god and then arming up to prove it? For the elitists with certain esoteric knowledge that has been in their possession and kept from us, this is their weapon of choice and has been for millenium. Yes, knowledge truly is power. When I look at something, I seek out the fear factor. Is there something in it that is trying to scare me and why? To put it another way, is there something in what I'm supposed to "believe", according to the "norm" and, if I don't, are there dire consequences? Fear is control, period. Fear of the unknown, fear of loss and ultimately, fear of each other. Perfect! That's a great big cup of gotcha! That's a control so perfect that people will be terrified to even question whether or not something is true just because someone else told them that it was true, or else. Truth is not a statement of fact, it is a realization and you'd better be willing to be wrong in order to understand that. That one is likely the biggest fear of all. That one is driven by pure ego and nothing else. Scary notion.

Ego is "me and only me" driven. At last check, being selfish wasn't in the positive range of tones. Check. Selfish breeds greed. Check. Greed manifests in countless ways beyond that for things like power, wealth, control etc. Check. Nope, not a good thing if we're to solve this little quagmire we've found ourselves in, yet again. The irony is that it's always the same reason time and time and time again. Instill an "all about me" mindset and now you can control the one very easily and very effectively without them ever even twigging on to the deception, because, in their minds, their "winning" in the rat race. Is your beingness so insecure that you need to convince others of your "power" because you have the nicest house or car? Talk about shallow and well trapped. I see these people as fundamentally misguided but through no fault of their own. Is it about what you want, or, what you need? There is nothing wrong with "wealth" per se in the physical realm sense but rather about your intentions on the scale of pure and evil. There are many cases in history that speak of those with extreme wealth that fit into each category or somewhere in between. It's where some have benevolence and some are insanely evil that is reflected in the societies around us. The fact remains, we are of the human society and we have an obligation to each other and our survival as a species.

I do not get angry with evil, that just feeds it and I'm guilty of feeding it further. I do not hate either because that is just gasoline on an already out of control inferno. You see, the best way to get people fighting is to tell them their different somehow than others and, likewise, better in some way. Reinforce and fortify that ego and you have someone who will hate very easily. Even better, put them in a uniform, tell them they have authority and the ego salivates. Hell, you can even write a book and declare yourself a chosen people and then guilt a planet into believing that. Talk about a perfect divide and conquer. The worst part about that is that these people are the very pawns that are used and actually think that they, so-called Zionists, are in control. That's a good one. In order for a controlling elite to stay in control they have to keep everyone negative and hateful and keep us humans fighting. The ones that think they control the planet are the very tools of their own destruction. Evil, by definition, must destroy itself to be absolute evil since evil is destruction after all. We have already won this game but we're too damn stubborn to realize it. Revenge is the folly of fools, war is the proof of that. It's also a great way to thin the ranks of all of us so there's more on the plate for the greedy.

When oh when will we learn? We have the means to destroy our planet and everything on it but not the rationale to even question the notion of why. What sense does that make? I assure you, there will be no nuclear world war since there's not much point in being here after that. It's not very logical to poison your own well and then drink from it. So, what should we do about that? There are books out there from many more scholarly than I but, then again, intuition is not about book smarts but rather street savvy. The answer truly lies within each of us once we get beyond the "me" aspects. It has been quite a ruse, actually hiding the answers inside of us then getting us looking only at ourselves from the opposite perspective. Confused? So was I for a while but it made total sense once my perceptions changed. It's the old missing the forest for all the trees concept. The only hurdle we have is getting beyond the "me" mindset and looking at oneself from the intention scale with objectivity and, that somehow, you got duped like myself and the rest of us. That's an awful big piece of humble pie that some may never have the joy in tasting. What would your intentions be if you could find, then have the answer to the universe? Would you use it for your own selfish gain or would you offer everyone a piece of the claim you stake and let everyone share in the goldmine? Are you evolved enough to love unconditionally? Is personal and instant gratification more important than the life of a child perhaps? Sadly, for some currently on this planet, greed, power and control have them trying to be the judge, jury and executioner of us all. Too late for that though because too many of us caught on and just in time, I might add. The supposed rulling elite are only kidding themselves and they've lied so much, they're actually believing their own warped sense of reality to the point that there is nothing we can do to save them. That, is up to them.

There is no absolution just because you "believe" there to be because some doctrine told you based on the hand me down lies of the past. Anything written by the hand of man was written by....the hand of man. The books I'm after are the ones we didn't write. No people, I'm afraid your absolution comes from within yourself and your ability to accept the responsibilities of your own creations subjective to your own intentions. What goes around, comes around, Karma and the Universal law says so. Our rules, so get over it.
    For some, you're already getting the picture here, for others it may still be obscure to the point of opacity. Regardless, truth is truth no matter what I or anyone else tries to convince you of. Truth resonates but you have to be tuned into it. You are in control of your own dial so you might want to change the station until that too, resonates. The increase in the perceived police state mentality is the reflection of the fear the elites have. They must get us fighting at all costs to continue the ruse in perpetuity but there are many that just aren't buying it anymore. That went bad on the shelf eons ago. I could write a lengthy tome on all my theories, thoughts, quandries etc. but I won't bother because it's all been written before many times. The issue is not that confusing at all but you have to be willing to be wrong about a whole myriad of things and just maybe everything you ever thought was "true". It's quite devious this game but brilliantly simple once you figure out the basics and the irony is that it was us all along that had the key to our own destruction or salvation. In a nutshell, you be the judge of you, no-one knows you better and your mirror can prove that. Now, do the elites a favour and get back to bickering, stealing, raping, protesting, warring, dividing, killing et al because these beings are expecting a show from you all to get on with controlling this planet and keeping what's left of humanity in slavery. Gee, I wonder what would would happen if no-one showed up to the colliseum to-day or tomorrow or the next day? What's white is black and what's black is white. There's your answer if you're interested. Me? I'm moving off to the sidelines to resonate love and you'd all better hope there's enough of us to get the job done....97....98.....99.....next?

k.thompson, earthling

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to keiththompsonmusic For This Post:

58andfixed (17th January 2011), John White (15th January 2011), Marikins (11th February 2013), Pam (11th February 2013), Sebastion (15th January 2011), Suriel (15th January 2011), write4change (23rd January 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast