+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will the Kevin Smith Show continue?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Will the Kevin Smith Show continue?

Salutations everyone.

Just passing along a link that I stumbled across on facebook.
    With the recent passing of Kevin Smith, it seems that a good friend of his would like to raise the funds to continue his legacy.

I'm not sure how many of you are interested, but I thought the subject matter was relevant here. I wasn't an avid listener of the original show-- but I know that many of you were. So if you're interested in supporting this cause, then head on over to the KickStarter fund right here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/will-kss-continue

Quote "Hello Everyone, I'm Jerry Wills. I was the associate host for The Kevin Smith Show until a few days ago.

Kevin Smith passed away August 14th, last Thursday afternoon. It was unexpected and shocking. Since his passing I have received thousands of emails with condolences and sympathy. Messages have come in from all corners of the world, and continue to pour in by the hour.

Because I was the associate host for KSS most are also asking if I would take over the show. After taking a few days to consider the commitment Kathy and I are passionate to try. We cannot do it without your help.

This is no small task. There are many aspects to manage when doing a regular broadcast. Equipment needs to work, servers need to be secured, computers need to be kept at peak performance. Every aspect of the show - aside from sitting there in front of the camera/ microphone - has a cost. A new website will need to be created and managed, which also costs. The fuel for KSS is not just the material or people interviewed, it is funding that keeps it alive. Without this there is no show. "

Best Regards~
    -----------------------------------------------
    "Out of the silent planet... out of the silent planet we are...."
    Personal Art Gallery
    Facebook Page for Daily Sketches

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mind-scape For This Post:

ROMANWKT (25th August 2013), schneider (26th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Will the Kevin Smith Show continue?

....anyone? -taps screen-
    Ah, I'm sure more of you have to be interested in this. I rarely listened to his show, but I think he was a pretty popular radio host right?
    -----------------------------------------------
    "Out of the silent planet... out of the silent planet we are...."
    Personal Art Gallery
    Facebook Page for Daily Sketches

4. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I don't think I ever listened to the show but have heard Jerry Wills being interviewed and was quite impressed. If he takes over the show, I will definitely tune in. I hope the show continues with Jerry at the helm.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to schneider For This Post:

mind-scape (26th August 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,589 times in 355 posts

Well it would appear that Jerry no longer wants to do it, I wonder why? Is it that the money didn't flood in as he would have liked? or has he been threatened?

+ Reply to Thread