+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst 1 5 15 55 98 LastLast

Thread: Calling all light warriors - the Bees need you!

1. Link to Post #81
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Question Re: Calling all light warriors - the Bees need you!

Hey on my travels today I saw two Bees and one Wasp all of which seemed to be lethargic and where just crawling on the pavement can someone fill me in as to why they are displaying behaviour like this?
    On all three occasions I moved them to grassy areas.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

mab777 (11th September 2013), northstar (11th September 2013), silverfish (13th September 2013), william r sanford72 (11th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 times in 747 posts

Default Re: Calling all light warriors - the Bees need you!

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Hey on my travels today I saw two Bees and one Wasp all of which seemed to be lethargic and where just crawling on the pavement can someone fill me in as to why they are displaying behaviour like this?
    Could BEE that the temperature was a little low. They don't move too fast when it's cool.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to doodah For This Post:

Gardener (16th September 2013), northstar (11th September 2013), silverfish (13th September 2013), Star Tsar (11th September 2013), william r sanford72 (11th September 2013)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 2,838 posts

you be seeing the end results of dark work being done.seen this many times this year.and for the past 10 years its slowly gotten worse.they act drunk..not sure where to go.confused..lost almost..could be exposer to something sprayed on something they fed off of.could even be something to do with the sun.glad ya moved em.the insect problem is so multi leveld..such work to be done.much work still to do.
    Last edited by william r sanford72; 11th September 2013 at 17:48.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

northstar (11th September 2013), Star Tsar (11th September 2013)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Quote Posted by doodah (here)
    Could BEE that the temperature was a little low. They don't move too fast when it's cool.
    i agree could be im to quick to judge.anymore i feel a creeping desperation..sorry.maintaining a constant level of focus.distracts me sometimes.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

northstar (11th September 2013), Star Tsar (11th September 2013)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,405 times in 466 posts

I am envisioning any sick or stray or sluggish honeybees phase shifting into conditions of health, energy, balance and beauty. This shift moves effortlessly around the 3D world wherever it is needed.
    Vibration now going up. up. up. up.
    Ahhh, much better.
    Done.
    Sweet.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to northstar For This Post:

doodah (12th September 2013), mab777 (11th September 2013), silverfish (13th September 2013), Star Tsar (11th September 2013), william r sanford72 (11th September 2013)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

yesterday the week long heat blast was broken with rain and a few storms all around but here..not a drop of rain.today the wind blew steady with a lick of fall on its backside cooling everything.the steady wind blew the bone dry corn giving it a constant sound that reminded me of rain hitting a tin roof.with cidacas for a chorus.fall dont know if its ready to settle yet.the first swarm is getting ready to go.late.hope they beat the cold.late swarms worry me a bit.360 wave..inward then outward.focused intent.balance into flow.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

northstar (13th September 2013), silverfish (13th September 2013), Star Tsar (13th September 2013)

13. Link to Post #87
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

I thought I would post this to help those like me who have a hard time visualising stuff besides that it is rather informative too!

NOVA chronicles a year in the life of a bee colony with stunning images that take viewers inside the innermost secrets of the hive. The documentary team spent a year developing special macro lenses and a bee studio to deliver the film's astonishing sequences. These include the "wedding flight" of the colony's virgin queen as it mates in mid-air with a drone; the life-and-death battle between two rival queens for the colony's throne; and the defeat and death of a thieving wasp at the entrance to the hive. The show also explores such mysteries as the famous "waggle dance" with which scout bees signal the exact direction and distance of nectar sources to the rest of the hive. A vivid picture emerges of the bee's highly organized social life, revolving around the disciplined sharing of construction tasks, the collection of nectar, and warding off enemies.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Gardener (16th September 2013), northstar (13th September 2013), silverfish (13th September 2013), william r sanford72 (13th September 2013)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

turning much colder here to
    I was looking for info on bee shelters houses and found this site
    http://foxleas.com/bee_house.htm

Do you think I am too late this year ?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silverfish For This Post:

northstar (13th September 2013), Star Tsar (15th September 2013), william r sanford72 (13th September 2013)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,405 times in 466 posts

Quote Posted by william r sanford72 (here)
    yesterday the week long heat blast was broken with rain and a few storms all around but here..not a drop of rain.today the wind blew steady with a lick of fall on its backside cooling everything.the steady wind blew the bone dry corn giving it a constant sound that reminded me of rain hitting a tin roof.with cidacas for a chorus.fall dont know if its ready to settle yet.the first swarm is getting ready to go.late.hope they beat the cold.late swarms worry me a bit.360 wave..inward then outward.focused intent.balance into flow.
    I love the way you talk about your bees, William. You are truly a friend to the bees!

a bee colony with stunning images that take viewers inside the innermost secrets of the hive. The documentary team spent a year developing special macro lenses and a bee studio to deliver the film's astonishing sequences.
    This documentary is awesome Star Tsar!! I will watch it this weekend!!

Quote Posted by silverfish (here)
    Great link!! I am not a beekeeper, silverfish, but there are many here who keep bees. Hopefully, one of them will answer your question!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to northstar For This Post:

silverfish (13th September 2013), Star Tsar (15th September 2013), william r sanford72 (13th September 2013)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Quote Posted by silverfish (here)
    http://foxleas.com/bee_house.htm

looks to bee a home for all types of bees.from mason bees to carpenter bees and wasp..even other insects.if your to late this years.next years brood will need shelter and homes.cool looking to.good idea in my op.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

Gardener (16th September 2013), silverfish (13th September 2013), Star Tsar (15th September 2013)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

The link had smaller homes, think this is the delux model ! Yes it says it is for all kinds of bees and wasps
    When do bees look for a home william ?
    I presume at some point soon it will be too cold and they will just hide away for winter .
    Already finding a few that are being caught out and having to overnight on the flower they are on , too cold to fly home.
    silver

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silverfish For This Post:

northstar (16th September 2013), Star Tsar (15th September 2013), william r sanford72 (14th September 2013)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

well siverfish depends on the bee or wasp.the bumble bees here will all die and the queen will burrow down cozy for the winter packed with some eggs inside her..and some balls of food for her and her brood until the following spring.When you see a honeyBee out gathering nectar..pollen..know that its on the last week or even days of its short busy life.the very last duty for most worker bees in the hives is gathering honey and pollen.they dont emerge and go out straight away to gather nectar and pollen.they first perform other dutys like nursing brood.cleaning.guard duty and queen attending.its really about dormant dna..switches coming on at just the right moment under pre. programmed genetic triggers.there programing hasnt changed..at the core in a million years.pretty cool.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

Gardener (16th September 2013), northstar (16th September 2013), silverfish (14th September 2013), Star Tsar (15th September 2013)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

honeybees look for a home when its to crowded or the home they live in has been damaged etc.sorry silverfish.didnt even answer your question all they way.swarms are a good sign most of the time that a queen and hive are healthy.but if you talk to beekeepers about swarms that are counting on the honey crop..they might say otherwise..since a swarm takes a load of bees with it often leaving the hive with young bees.the young bees take awhile to get to the foraging aspects of there lifes as i posted above.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

northstar (16th September 2013), silverfish (14th September 2013), Star Tsar (15th September 2013)

27. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

thank you william r sandford72 c: Always enjoy all your bee info . Think I will take my time and
    think of a good place to make a wee bee hotel in the new year.
    I would love to keep bees but am too close to neighbours and I know they would complain
    so just have to make the patch I tend as bee friendly as poss and maybe some will take up
    residency .
    cheers silver

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to silverfish For This Post:

Gardener (16th September 2013), northstar (16th September 2013), Star Tsar (15th September 2013), william r sanford72 (14th September 2013)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

No Honey Bee dies of old age...they work themselves to death. literally wearing themselves out.average life span of worker bee is forty days.the queen lives much longer.up to 4 years..who knows maybe more.it takes the worker from the egg stage..3 days..growth of larva 6 days.spinning of cocoon 2 days.resting time..2 days change to pupa..1 day.change to winged insect 7 days.average duration of changes 21...to become a perfect insect...40 days seems so short to me.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

northstar (16th September 2013), silverfish (15th September 2013), Star Tsar (15th September 2013)

31. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

do you suppose 40 days is a life time for the worker..almost a pun..and not intended..like 90 years to a human??with all that work.energy being produced..the level of output.like the river mayfly..spending its shotdays in the water.only to emerge brek free its pupal stage and feel the sun for only 24 hours..mate..and then to die.24 hours.does it feel like a life time to the the mayfly?? or is it all biological genetic programming. i always wonder how time moves for them.how do they perceive time.do they even perceive it?..sorry..its how me mind works.360 wave.inward.outward.focused intent.balance into flow.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

MargueriteBee (17th September 2013), northstar (16th September 2013), silverfish (15th September 2013), Star Tsar (15th September 2013)

33. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

William, I think if you enter the Mayfly and feel its changes as your own, that the 24 hours in the sun is an explosion of joy that feels just right. The dying feels right too. I can't explain it any other way. I've entered the lives of mosquitoes and felt their lives when they are wrigglers living in water, kicking their tails to move around, surfacing to get oxygen, kicking down again. Basically, playing in the water is their life. Then they morph into winged insects. If they are female, they go hunting for something to bite and suck its blood (usually me - ) so the eggs of their young will be nurtured. I don't think there's anything like time, or a life, just that each stage feels right. The caterpiller chomps on leaves and that feels good. Then it has an urge to spin a cocoon and that feels good too, so it spins. Then it emerges as butterfly or moth and that feels really good, to be able to fly around and feel the wind under your wings.

AND THE GOOD NEWS IS:...... **!!** ........ 6 WILD HONEYBEES SEEN TODAY GATHERING POLLEN ON wildflowers called Elecampane at the edge of my yard - which is also the edge of the forest. Elecampane are 6-ft tall with disorderly daisy-like flowers the yellow-gold color of goldenrod at the very top of the plant.

The honeybees didn't seem at all interested in the Goldenrod growing nearby, or in the many, many orange or red&orange Marigolds growing all around my garden.

But 6!! That's great, since there were NONE, then there was ONE, now there are SIX. I was so excited watching them that I forgot to ask them to bring more of their sisters tomorrow.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to doodah For This Post:

Gardener (16th September 2013), MargueriteBee (17th September 2013), northstar (16th September 2013), silverfish (16th September 2013), Star Tsar (16th September 2013), william r sanford72 (16th September 2013)

35. Link to Post #98
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

I saw several thousand yesterday, swarming. Bees are quite well looked after here
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Gardener (16th September 2013), northstar (16th September 2013), silverfish (16th September 2013), Star Tsar (16th September 2013), william r sanford72 (16th September 2013)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

You're lucky, Anchor.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doodah For This Post:

northstar (16th September 2013), william r sanford72 (16th September 2013)

39. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Quote Posted by doodah (here)
    William, I think if you enter the Mayfly and feel its changes as your own, that the 24 hours in the sun is an explosion of joy that feels just right. The dying feels right too. I can't explain it any other way. I've entered the lives of mosquitoes and felt their lives when they are wrigglers living in water, kicking their tails to move around, surfacing to get oxygen, kicking down again. Basically, playing in the water is their life. Then they morph into winged insects. If they are female, they go hunting for something to bite and suck its blood (usually me - ) so the eggs of their young will be nurtured. I don't think there's anything like time, or a life, just that each stage feels right. The caterpiller chomps on leaves and that feels good. Then it has an urge to spin a cocoon and that feels good too, so it spins. Then it emerges as butterfly or moth and that feels really good, to be able to fly around and feel the wind under your wings.

AND THE GOOD NEWS IS:...... **!!** ........ 6 WILD HONEYBEES SEEN TODAY GATHERING POLLEN ON wildflowers called Elecampane at the edge of my yard - which is also the edge of the forest. Elecampane are 6-ft tall with disorderly daisy-like flowers the yellow-gold color of goldenrod at the very top of the plant.

The honeybees didn't seem at all interested in the Goldenrod growing nearby, or in the many, many orange or red&orange Marigolds growing all around my garden.

But 6!! That's great, since there were NONE, then there was ONE, now there are SIX. I was so excited watching them that I forgot to ask them to bring more of their sisters tomorrow.
    ...great news about your visitors!..also noticed the golden rod here isnt being worked.cooled off so fast.strange year.bees bee working through it...
    TRUTH and BALANCE

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

doodah (17th September 2013), northstar (16th September 2013), silverfish (16th September 2013), Star Tsar (16th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst 1 5 15 55 98 LastLast