+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Are the majority here biased against the Bible?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Are the majority here biased against the Bible?

To explain I believe the bible has some of man's ego in it - jesus did not find it important to write stuff down or keep a record - was he depending on the oral tradition surely he knew what would happen with it -- at times the bible almost seems like an problem when trying to gain insight -- however I think with spiritual discernment things can be gathered from it - nothing turns me off more than the letter of the law people - who say every word in the bible is directly from gods mouth --- I don't agree but I do agree with the overall underlying current I have found there - my history involves every expansion drug you could name including dmt - back in the day - having gone throught that all the god originated supernatural events - I believe totally the key is there in the words but not in the form of letter of the lawy but in the form of the spirit of the law - but on here I have noticed many have correctly reached a a viewpoint that a lot of the bible is ka ka - tainted by man's ego - and it seems that they stopped right there and looked for more fun interesting stuff to replace it -- a mish mash of so many wisdoms and philosophy the get lost in the tidal wave of information -- so I was just wondering - its is worth my while to include the bible in any of my posts here - to me discernment is always coming my way - having read the bible intensly in years past - things are in my soul that float to the top from time - called clarity insight - enlightenment what ever - but if I am wasting my thoughts on a closed minded already made up their mind person who thinks it silly dribble diatribe I see no reason to post what I learn. I am just trying to understand the flavor of this project avalon -- is the bible too boring and redundant to most of you - I would appreciate some help in understand and perhaps some insight from those that have been around on this site for awhile -- with all due respect thank you.
    Last edited by Crazy Louie; 26th August 2013 at 23:23.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Crazy Louie For This Post:

Akasha (30th August 2013), conk (27th August 2013), ghostrider (27th August 2013), jagman (27th August 2013), Kalamos (27th August 2013), Pamela (26th August 2013), Prodigal Son (27th August 2013), Sierra (29th August 2013), spiritguide (27th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (26th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Default Re: Are the majority here biased against the Bible?

the problem is two fold, not many could read and write in that day... second , each time the spiritual teaching is brought to earth it is corrupted by those who are greedy for power and control ... we get half truths... the original teachings are much older, more like 12 billion years old from the nokodemjon spirit form ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Crazy Louie (27th August 2013), Darla Ken Pearce (27th August 2013), DNA (27th August 2013), donk (27th August 2013), jagman (27th August 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), Prodigal Son (27th August 2013), Snookie (27th August 2013), spiritguide (27th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

get the good stuffs throw the garbage

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Crazy Louie (27th August 2013), hectorlca (17th September 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), spiritguide (27th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013), Syl (28th October 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 689 posts

Hi Owl,

I think you'll find many of us on the forum would say that the bible has been messed with to one degree or another. Many valuable books or writings were purposely left out of the bible because they did not fit in with the dogma the controllers wanted to foist on mankind.

I have read the bible at least 3 times from beginning to end. From my perspective most of the old testament (not capitalized on purpose), deals with an entity who acts like a spoiled brat. I do not view this entity as "God", but as an advanced being who scared the $hit out of people in order for them to worship him. Any time the Isralites quit worshiping him, he'd throw a hissy fit.

I also don't believe that the entity that Jesus/Christ referred to as his father had any relationship to the god of the old testament.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

animovado (2nd September 2013), Billy (27th August 2013), Crazy Louie (27th August 2013), Cristian (27th August 2013), Darla Ken Pearce (27th August 2013), Gardener (29th August 2013), jagman (27th August 2013), Jake (27th August 2013), Ki's (29th August 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), mischief (29th August 2013), mosquito (4th September 2013), spiritguide (27th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

If your experiences can be accredited to the holy book, a good explanation of how you perceive it would not be shunned, I believe. Speak freely and if others are offended then they can ignore the post. We all have a path to walk and yours is as good as anyone's. Never fear speaking your truth because it would put someone else off. IMHO

Peace!
    Perceive beyond the box!

" A warm handshake and a smile will lift more people than any elevator in the world. " - L. Hamel

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

1 flew over (17th September 2013), Akasha (30th August 2013), animovado (2nd September 2013), Billy (27th August 2013), Crazy Louie (27th August 2013), davyj0nes (27th August 2013), jagman (27th August 2013), Jake (27th August 2013), Kalamos (27th August 2013), Lost in Humanity (27th August 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), Pamela (27th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

The Bible is a sacred book Imo. I think the old testament throws alot of people off because
    of Jehovah's anger.The world at that time was full of savages and very few good people.
    When Jesus came he released us from Mosaic Law and left one commandment.
    John 13:34
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you,
    that you also love one another.
    If you follow that one commandment, you will find salvation with the Lord.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Billy (27th August 2013), Crazy Louie (27th August 2013), Lost in Humanity (27th August 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), Nickolai (27th August 2013), Pamela (27th August 2013), rgray222 (29th August 2013), spiritguide (27th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

There is another chapter, revealed 150 years ago in a prison in Palestine.

Here is one quote:

Knowledge is as wings to man’s life, and a ladder for his ascent.
    Its acquisition is incumbent upon everyone.
    The knowledge of such sciences, however, should be acquired as can profit the peoples of the earth,
    and not those which begin with words and end with words.
    Great indeed is the claim of scientists and craftsmen on the peoples of the world….
    In truth, knowledge is a veritable treasure for man,
    and a source of glory, of bounty, of joy, of exaltation, of cheer and gladness unto him.
    Thus hath the Tongue of Grandeur spoken in this Most Great Prison.
    Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Billy (27th August 2013), Heartsong (27th August 2013), jagman (27th August 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), spiritguide (27th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

This sums up my opinion of the bible best

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Camilo (30th August 2013), Ki's (29th August 2013), mosquito (4th September 2013), RMorgan (27th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,618 times in 504 posts

The bible? Never gave it much thought really. Read some bits of it, but it's really a non-issue for me.
    There will come a day when we know our true history.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrianEn For This Post:

jagman (27th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

While Aileen Wuornos was on death row for 12 years she copied the bible by hand 5 times.
    Yet when she died she was talking about coming back with jesus in flying saucers like the movie independance day.
    I think she was mentally ill in all regards. I can't say - I don't know! She hand wrote the bible five times
    but did she feel it? I think maybe the whole point of the bible and everything else is that we realize just how
    murky everything is regarding knowing - and all we have left is hope that there really is a god
    because we really want something good and clean and pure to bond with. Because for most of us
    life has shown so many variations of ugly.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Crazy Louie For This Post:

jagman (27th August 2013), Lost in Humanity (27th August 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), spiritguide (27th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013), ulli (27th August 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Ireland Avalon Member Lost in Humanity's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we forget that "ALL" books, are penned by man. Therefore one should be aware of our tendency for interpretation, memory and imparting are subject to change. Even the "Ten Commandments" where an interpretation of a message for mankind. Any "Story" told is embellished in some way to reflect a personal understanding of what is to be passed on. After spending years listening to the local Catholic priest try to relate the gospel readings to modern life, I came to realise that the true path to understanding the messages intended comes ultimately from within you. So if your buried in the Christianity - New Testament/Bible, Judaism - Torah, Buddhism - Tripitakas, Hinduism - Bhagavad Gita, Zoroastrianism - Avesta, Islam - Qur'an (Koran), Baha'i Faith - Aqdas, and Kitab-i-Iqan looking for the Path of YOUR life, My advise is to look deep into your heart ask what example can I set as a template for Humanity. What Ideology would I like to write down for future generations to interoperate and model there lives on? And the Irony of our existence seems to be that insight is only gained when errors occur. That said it could be argued that the "Holy" book was penned by the devil himself upon reflection of his ways! in fact I think we all could write a "Bible" after living a materialistic capitalised life of the 21st Century Earth!

To those who would avail of it, I pledge my inner peace. Walk tall in the knowledge of your errors and the path you take will straighten before your eyes.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lost in Humanity For This Post:

Arc (18th September 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), ulli (27th August 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by OWL (here)
    To explain I believe the bible has some of man's ego in it - jesus did not find it important to write stuff down or keep a record - was he depending on the oral tradition surely he knew what would happen with it --
    The fact is that we do not really know if Jesus wrote down anything or not. Just Because there is not a gospel according to Jesus within the existing bible does not mean that his writings never existed.

Jesus i think relied on what we term as "scribes" to document the events of the times.
    He was not relying on oral tradition alone,

Quote Posted by OWL (here)
    But if I am wasting my thoughts on a closed minded already made up their mind person who thinks it silly dribble diatribe I see no reason to post what I learn. I am just trying to understand the flavor of this project avalon -- is the bible too boring and redundant to most of you - I would appreciate some help in understand and perhaps some insight from those that have been around on this site for awhile -- with all due respect thank you.
    There are many flavors here on Avalon. Some for, some against. Some in the middle. But very few are closed minded. If you have something to share, most will listen. Maybe not agree and will say so, but listen with respect and open minds.

There are a few threads on bible topics here on Avalon.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?38941-Biglino-s-Unexpected-Bible-Translating-it-literally-UFO-s

This is my own thoughts

Quote Posted by billyji (here)
    Who are the 24 Elders, a revelation.

I do not believe that the bible or other religious scriptures are 100% gospel truth, but hidden in amongst the myre there are some gems of truths, And I would like to share what I believe to be one of those gems of truth.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...s-A-revelation

peace
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

jagman (27th August 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), ulli (27th August 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

The Bible is a mostly a compilation of much older texts, some of it "Divine" and some of it black magic. For example, the Old Testament was not written by "Moses" (the Egyptian Pharaoh Amenhotep III) whose tradition was oral but by Ezra after being exiled in Babylon, where he picked up all the nonsense about Jehovah (an ancient astronaut that switched off 95% of human DNA and enslaved the planet) and his animal sacrifices, providing the basis for the Christian dogma we have today - that the human race is hopelessly mired in "original sin" and is in need of a perfect human blood sacrifice. This is the thinking of Annunaki reptiles.

You might want to check out Mauro Biglino, the banished Vatican translator who exposes the word for word literal translation, that basically the entire OT is about UFO's and ancient aliens.

In the meantime, take out all the interpolated priesthood garbage for the control of the masses, and the bulk of the Bible, the "Divine" stuff I was talking about, was written by Kabbalists, and when aplied to the self rather than the world at large, it becomes an esoteric treatise in human awakening and contains all the secrets of the Elixir of Life. Check out Santos Bonacci's video on this.

I can't help but post this hysterical summary of the Bible in six short paragraphs, posted by some guy who calls himself "/b/"... I would put up the pic but it contains several profanities...

http://www.thinkatheist.com/profiles...ains-the-bible

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

Akasha (30th August 2013), Gardener (29th August 2013), GreenGuy (29th November 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), mosquito (4th September 2013)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Another quote from Baha'u'llah, where He puts the "born sinner" paradigm to rest:

"O SON OF SPIRIT! Noble have I created thee, yet thou hast abased thyself.
    Rise then unto that for which thou wast created."

~Hidden Words of Baha'u'llah

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Cristian (27th August 2013), GreenGuy (29th November 2013), jagman (27th August 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), mosquito (4th September 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

The thing to understand about books, is, if books survive generations ...then the books actually begin to genetically change the humans involved with the given book.

Eg, look at what the Talmud has done to genetic selection, over time, in the world Khazar-Ashkenazi genetic selection. Those who do not want to adhere to it, they step away. Those who do ahdhere, they stay and re-enforce, and breed within the group.

What the Koran has done to middle eastern bloodlines. Same again.

What the bible, in the various countries and geographic areas, has done to genetic selection among hard core Christians. Same again.

What the book of Mormon, has done to the genetics of Mormons. Same again.

Over time the trend is that the the book controls the expression of the people and the genetics, not the people.

Their genetics, and their fundamental expression as a being...over time, align with the book, and the book's expression.

The given priests and scholars of the given associated book, they try to make sure that they steer that expression. But, some aspects are out of their control, trending tells the tale, over time.

~~~~~~~

The book, affecting all involved...... over time... is the core of the change in genetic expression, it NARROWS the given people into a filtered and blinkered existence, where failure and conflict with others...is the ultimate assured outcome.

Dogma is Death. Dogma is War. Dogma is failure to live.

Dogma is the binding and the creation of slavery into being the genetically blind.
    Last edited by Carmody; 27th August 2013 at 14:51.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Mike (17th September 2013), mosquito (4th September 2013), Muzz (17th September 2013), Sierra (29th August 2013), ulli (27th August 2013)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

I remember a comment I heard about the bible which really struck a chord with me. How fortuitous it was that God chose to become incarnate among the barely literate peasants in Roman Palestine rather than in the literate and sophisticated Chinese empire. If God had really had the whole planet to choose from and wanted his message to be more accurately passed down through the ages, China would have been a much better option. If, instead, the biblical narrative is really just an upwelling of ignorance and superstition among an uncouth gaggle of shepherds, then the appearance of God as Jesus in Roman Palestine begins to make more sense.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Gardener (29th August 2013), Jake (27th August 2013), Mercedes (27th August 2013), Mike (17th September 2013), mosquito (4th September 2013), ulli (17th September 2013)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,820 times in 776 posts

Last edited by Kalamos; 10th September 2013 at 18:08.

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,820 times in 776 posts

Last edited by Kalamos; 10th September 2013 at 18:07.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

mischief (29th August 2013), ulli (27th August 2013)

36. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

You have to go back to the pagan's and what the Romans didn't want us to know about their beliefs, eh? Is that the good stuff left out?
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

37. Link to Post #20
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

The Bible is an historical tombe corrupted by the desires of mortal man, read it- that which resonates with your heart is meant for you, the rest is just mans manipulation. I dip in and out, as I gain more worldly information , more and more of it has meaning, more and more of it is shown to be manipulation by man. The 10 comandments of the original Bible text shown to man, and the 10 comandments from the dead sea scrolls are a perect example. Edmund Szekelys translation rocked me to my core!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast