+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The primordial sound

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 times in 256 posts

Default The primordial sound

Here is a simple exercise which may enable you to make contact easily with the primordial sound, the current of the universe.
    Find a quiet spot where you will not be disturbed, sit and close your eyes.
    Now listen to the sounds within your head. Over and above all the usual, everyday sounds, can you hear a high pitched, constant tone? (some people identify this mistakenly as tinnitus). Once you find it, make it the subject of your meditation, pay attention to it as often as you can, and you will discover that it is with you constantly wherever you are.
    Meditating on this sound is called Nada Yoga, and is how the boddhisatva Guan Yin (Avalokiteshvara) reached enlightenment, and how the illiterate composer Edward Salim Michael discovered his buddha nature prior to attaining enlightenment on this earth.
    May all beings find true peace..........
    Last edited by bram; 27th August 2013 at 13:40.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to bram For This Post:

Abhaya (27th August 2013), Alpha (27th August 2013), CarnageCandy (27th August 2013), Corncrake (27th August 2013), donk (27th August 2013), greybeard (27th August 2013), Heart-2-Heart (27th August 2013), Jake (30th August 2013), johnf (29th August 2013), Kalamos (27th August 2013), Kristo (28th August 2013), littleOne (30th August 2013), MariaDine (27th August 2013), NancyV (29th August 2013), northstar (27th August 2013), seko (9th November 2013), shadowstalker (27th August 2013), sheme (27th August 2013), silverfish (28th August 2013), skyflower (28th August 2013), StandingWave (13th December 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013), Veiled Rain (29th August 2013), Wind (27th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: The primordial sound

So I'm a Nada Yoga expert...when I sit in described manner... I hear a ringing louder than anything around ...and anyone speaking can sometimes be made out understandable... tinnitus

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gittarpikk For This Post:

bram (28th August 2013), johnf (29th August 2013), Kalamos (27th August 2013), NancyV (30th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,832 times in 777 posts

Last edited by Kalamos; 21st April 2014 at 13:07. Reason: HEAR ... LISTEN

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

bram (28th August 2013), Kristo (28th August 2013), MariaDine (27th August 2013), NancyV (30th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,405 times in 466 posts

I have had some wonderful experiences in meditation and energy healing while working with sound. This sounds like a great exercise to try.

Some spiritual traditions suggest that sound is foundational to reality.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 (KJV)
    The 'rebellion' of the Mind, having the Mind run the show, is the Luciferian rebellion of wanting to leave Love-Christ-Heart behind and create a universe without the 'pesky feeling of the heart' holding it back
    ~ Tobias Lars

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to northstar For This Post:

bram (28th August 2013), Kalamos (27th August 2013), Kristo (28th August 2013), littleOne (30th August 2013), lookbeyond (29th August 2013), MariaDine (27th August 2013), NancyV (30th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (27th August 2013), Wind (27th August 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Even the old cliche sound, mmm or ohm, is interesting again. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This book by Dr Sandra Barret, The Secrets of Your Cells describes cellular function from a spiritual perspective. The mmm sound calms excited cells and allows their natural expansion. As we know life is stressful and our cells stay in a fearful state of contraction. Mmm also clears the sinus cavity, among other physical benefits. So, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

bram (28th August 2013), littleOne (30th August 2013), lookbeyond (29th August 2013), NancyV (30th August 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

In the beginning was the word--- some translation regarding the word say that it is frequency--the sound of Om is the vibration, sound of the cosmos.
    The vibration of the Earth SCHUMANN RESONANCE is same as the vibration of the human mind as far as I remember.
    Everything is in harmony.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

bram (28th August 2013), conk (3rd September 2013), gripreaper (29th August 2013), Kalamos (27th August 2013), Kristo (28th August 2013), lookbeyond (29th August 2013), NancyV (29th August 2013), seko (9th November 2013), StandingWave (13th December 2013), Veiled Rain (29th August 2013), Wind (27th August 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,832 times in 777 posts

Last edited by Kalamos; 10th September 2013 at 17:59.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

bram (28th August 2013), littleOne (30th August 2013), NancyV (30th August 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    In the beginning was the word--- some translation regarding the word say that it is frequency--the sound of Om is the vibration, sound of the cosmos.
    The vibration of the Earth SCHUMANN RESONANCE is same as the vibration of the human mind as far as I remember.

Chris
    hey Chris,

I was wondering abut the Schumann resonance and how it fits in.... according to Edward Salim Michael (who had an amazing life, google him and see) once you 'tune in' to the sound you will hear various different frequencies....the trick is to keep selecting the higher one, the higher you go the closer you get to the source.

I was lucky that I found the sound as soon as I looked for it, and it has been with me ever since, helping my day-to-day mindfulness no end. There is another very simple book on nada yoga by a thai monk called Ajahn Amaro, called Inner Listening. You can download the ebook free.

Happy listening folks!!
    May all living beings (including you and me) find true happiness and remain healthy; may they be wise and compassionate in their actions, may they find lasting peace, and may no harm come to them. May all beings find the patience and endurance to deal with disappointment and failure, may they be released from karma and may they find enlightenment. May loving kindness fill the hearts of all living beings, near and far.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bram For This Post:

greybeard (28th August 2013), Jake (30th August 2013), Kalamos (28th August 2013), littleOne (30th August 2013), lookbeyond (29th August 2013), NancyV (30th August 2013), Wind (28th August 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by northstar (here)
    I have had some wonderful experiences in meditation and energy healing while working with sound. This sounds like a great exercise to try.

Some spiritual traditions suggest that sound is foundational to reality.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 (KJV)
    May all living beings (including you and me) find true happiness and remain healthy; may they be wise and compassionate in their actions, may they find lasting peace, and may no harm come to them. May all beings find the patience and endurance to deal with disappointment and failure, may they be released from karma and may they find enlightenment. May loving kindness fill the hearts of all living beings, near and far.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bram For This Post:

Jake (30th August 2013), littleOne (30th August 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Have you ever considered that what the medical community refers to as tinnitus may well be the increased vibrations of your body--the biorythm that exists within all--maybe it is just that some are more attuned to the sound--if the ringing in the ears starts--instead of trying to discourage it--engage it--listen carefully--it flows in harmony with every movement of the body, nature, and the universe.

The creator/ higher self/ soul has given you a window into your inner workings--your frequency emanates from within and is your bodies way of connecting to the earths/universes biometric field
    Applaud what they call tinnitus as a gift---and listen carefully--- it is not an irritant-- it is the harmony of all and one
    The origins of the primordial sound are within each cell as it resonates in a whirling dance of undulation and life
    Last edited by Veiled Rain; 29th August 2013 at 03:14.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veiled Rain For This Post:

bram (29th August 2013), StandingWave (13th December 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 times in 552 posts

Quote Posted by bram (here)

Chris
    hey Chris,

I was wondering abut the Schumann resonance and how it fits in.... according to Edward Salim Michael (who had an amazing life, google him and see) once you 'tune in' to the sound you will hear various different frequencies....the trick is to keep selecting the higher one, the higher you go the closer you get to the source.

I was lucky that I found the sound as soon as I looked for it, and it has been with me ever since, helping my day-to-day mindfulness no end. There is another very simple book on nada yoga by a thai monk called Ajahn Amaro, called Inner Listening. You can download the ebook free.

Happy listening folks!!
    Hi Bram, i have three different pitched sounds in my head- is this a bit odd?, lb

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

bram (29th August 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

The path I followed for 7 years was Surat Shabd Yoga, the yoga of light and sound. It was also called Sant Mat, the path of the Saints. The meditation consisted of listening to the sound current and looking for the light with eyes closed. I would get up at 2-3 am each morning to meditate. The 3 aspects of the meditation were a mental mantra that was repeated while listening to the sound and seeing the light. Of course there were all kinds of other details that were very complex but I won't get into them! LOL....

Each plane (dimension) is supposed to have it's own distinct sound, it's own major god or overlord, and different degrees of light. We were taught how to deal with these gods so we would not be trapped in any particular plane. So I learned all the details and it took me only a couple of months to begin leaving my body and traveling to these planes on a regular basis.

Being the rebel that I am I had an experience in my first out of body trip to an astral plane where I met what seemed to be Jesus or some kind of god. I immediately started doing the protection ritual that we were supposed to do to protect ourselves, but I barely got two words into it when I looked into the eyes of this god-like glowing being and we both laughed. Our communication was so intense, loving and humorous that I totally threw aside all the protection rituals and decided that I would not follow the rules I had spent a couple of months learning and in fact decided they would hinder me in my learning process.

I continued doing the meditation just to leave my body but it got to where it only took between 15 minutes to 30 minutes to get out of body and travel. The sound current really helped at first to pull me out of body. It has a magnetic attractive quality. Ultimately it is attention and focus that allowed me to go OBE and I later came to realize that one path is not necessarily better than another to accomplish traveling on the inner planes. Since I did not follow the rules I was somewhat of a black sheep in the group, which is not something I mind being.

I would guess that the ones who continue to follow others rules are those who haven't traveled to the highest planes and have not yet come to know that we can make our own rules.... and that the most powerful guru is the one we see in the mirror.
    Last edited by NancyV; 29th August 2013 at 17:22.
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

bram (29th August 2013), Corncrake (29th August 2013), greybeard (29th August 2013), Kalamos (29th August 2013), leavesoftrees (9th November 2013), littleOne (30th August 2013), Reinhard (29th August 2013), seko (9th November 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Happy listening folks!!
    The Schuman resonance is a standing circular wave. Its frequency depends on the size of the circle. The Earth’s diameter being 40,000 km, a wave travelling at the speed of light (300,000 km/sec) will perform 7.5 rotations per second. Some say the Schuman resonance is increasing. The only way for it to increase (as many claim it is doing) would be to move down into the Earth to where the circle is smaller, or to increase one’s own wave frequency by some other means.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

bram (29th August 2013), greybeard (29th August 2013), NancyV (29th August 2013)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lookbeyond (here)

Chris
    hey Chris,

Happy listening folks!!
    Hi Bram, i have three different pitched sounds in my head- is this a bit odd?, lb
    I dunno, but I also have a few. The one to watch out for (for me) is the silvery, highest pitched and smoothest texture one.I think some of them might be electric currents, EMF, street lights etc, but for me there's one that is always the same and always seems to be behind the others. Mine is also a bit to the left of centre at the back of my head (if it's anywhere!)

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bram For This Post:

lookbeyond (29th August 2013), NancyV (29th August 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Just the one, but it sounds like birds chirping and sometimes seems to be a chorus of birds singing left to right.
    Bats in the Belfry--- laughing.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

bram (30th August 2013), NancyV (29th August 2013)

31. Link to Post #16
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 times in 552 posts

Quote Posted by lookbeyond (here)

Chris
    hey Chris,

Happy listening folks!!
    I dunno, but I also have a few. The one to watch out for (for me) is the silvery, highest pitched and smoothest texture one.I think some of them might be electric currents, EMF, street lights etc, but for me there's one that is always the same and always seems to be behind the others. Mine is also a bit to the left of centre at the back of my head (if it's anywhere!)
    Yes that is where i locate my highest pitch also, thanks Bram, lb

32. The Following User Says Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

bram (1st September 2013)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Oh so that is what it is! I hear it mostly when I am in nature, and it seems to give the experience a touch of serenity. I will try concentrating on it now.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleOne For This Post:

bram (1st September 2013), Jake (30th August 2013)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I was just wondering if anybody else is working with this............I have found this easily the most effective tool for focussing my meditation, and for reminding myself to be present outside my medititation.

This from Edward Salim Michael, in his book "The Law of Attention":

Among the various methods of meditation practiced in ancient India to this end was a very important one called Nada Yoga, Yoga of the Sound. The science of this form of meditation seems either totally lost or inaccessible today. It appears impossible, at any rate, to find anyone who has practiced it and has sufficient knowledge of its highly subtle and intricate details to be able to teach it. Its technique will be explained to whatever extent possible in the five chapters that follow; and, because of its profound mystical significance, it will be referred to from time to time throughout the rest of the book, particularly in the chapters on Hatha Yoga. The value of this form of meditation cannot be overstated, especially for those who do not yet know where their attention should be directed, and who thus experience great difficulty retaining their concentration during meditation.

Having taken his meditation posture, and prepared himself mentally and physically—by quieting his mind, relaxing, and feeling a deep global sensation of his body—the seeker should now decide firmly not to move any more. Closing his eyes, he should remain as still as possible, listening internally with sustained attention. If he can be inwardly quiet enough and deeply absorbed in the search, he will, if he is truly persistent, suddenly become aware of an unusual, feeble sound that can be heard deep inside the ears and head, concealed from him before and obscured by the din of his incessant mental restlessness. When the aspirant has become aware of the mysterious presence in him of this sound, he may at first be struck with surprise and awe, but no matter how weak or distant it may appear, it will be very obvious that this is no ordinary sound but a mystical one of a higher cosmic order. It could be called the primordial sound.

If, at this stage, the seeker can succeed in remaining sufficiently alert and aware while maintaining his effort of intense concentration, he cannot possibly fail to observe that this sound has an extraordinarily uninterrupted continuity about it, a crystal-like vibration that resembles the noise of the ocean with many other different “ultra” sounds superimposed on it.

When the aspirant is fully engrossed in his meditation and is sufficiently freed from the grip of his lower self, he will perceive that the more he rises to, and becomes merged in, the higher levels of his consciousness, the louder and more shrill the sound will get. He will also begin to note with wonder that this sound has a curious unearthly sparkle about it, somewhat reminiscent of the flickering light of a star, so that it seems almost imperceptibly to oscillate continuously inside his head. In the beginning, he will have to be very finely tuned indeed to catch all its subtle heavenly scintillations, fragile movements, and the highly delicate changes of its “ultra-tones.”

36. The Following User Says Thank You to bram For This Post:

StandingWave (13th December 2013)

+ Reply to Thread