+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Supreme Being?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member lakewatcher's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Supreme Being?

Recently I watched a roundtable presentation on the web where the guests were many of the more famous names in the alternative research fields. The discussion centered around everyone’s growing concerns with the serious global problems facing us right now. Many different perspectives and possible solutions were presented. But what surprised me was that nowhere in the discussion did anyone explicitly address the question of what the role of the Supreme Being might be in any approach that was proposed by the panel members.

When I surf the web reading about people’s concerns about the state of the world now, I see all kinds of proposals all the way from violent armed revolution to spiritual initiatives being put forth as “the way to go”. But I never seem to find the possible role of the Supreme Being in the matter being discussed in these proposals. This really puzzles me.

As I understand it, only the Supreme Being has the knowledge and wisdom to know what course of action is in the best and highest interests of all beings, all the time, in all situations. We either strive to commune with It constantly, and therefore act in harmony with It and therefore ultimately everyone else, or we try to do it all by ourselves -- which just results in us being loose cosmic canons, bulls in the cosmic china closet, and creating yet another mess.

It seems to me that it might be useful in making this point to repost here something I’ve posted before, that I call The Allegory of the Wells. It goes like this:
    A young man decided to dig a well for water on a section of his father's property. His father had advised against digging there, but the young man proceeded on his own anyway. He did not find the water he was searching for, and he discovered in the process that he'd gotten himself stuck at the bottom of the hole he'd dug. Struggle as he might, he could only get himself a portion of the way out of his hole. Finally, in desperation, he cries out for his father's help. Soon the father comes to the scene, and in love he reaches down his hand to grasp that of his foolish son. But the father does not just pull his son out of the hole, rather he lends his hand as an anchor above, against which the son may now pull himself the rest of the way out of the hole.

Now the father had many children, and this situation occurred more than once. For the water the children sought was the water of eternal life, and was prized above all else. One son got himself so deeply dug down, in his misadventure, that he could not reach his father's hand when it was proffered. So, the father just went and got a rope that could reach down to the son and allow him to climb his way out of his hole.

The children each almost always insisted on going against the father's advise on this matter. I guess they had to learn for themselves that their father really did know best, and that he would not abandon them when they made their mistakes. Some of the children even got themselves injured in the holes they dug and could not even climb part of the way out. In these cases, when the broken children cried out for help, even if just in their hearts because they could no longer speak, the father sent rescuers (who were older brothers and sisters that had already learned this lesson) descending down the wells with ropes and other equipment to lift the injured child out of the hole.

Always, when a disobedient child finally cried out sincerely for help, the father provided just the right help that was necessary in the situation.

I personally believe that we are required to do all that we can do to find our way home to our True Self. But all that we can do, turns out to be never enough to make it all the way back. The difference between what we can do by ourselves and what is required for successful return is provided by the Supreme Being.

If we want to solve the world’s problems now, it seems to me that we have to team play with the Ultimate Chief Player in the game to get the job done right, or even to get the job done at all.

Honestly, I’m baffled why no one seems to be discussing this point to any great extent in the various deliberations, here and there, about what to do? So I ask, where is the Supreme Being in all of this?

Now I know that I’m not the sharpest post in the fence by a very long way. So, it’s quite possible that I’m missing something that may be obvious to others. That’s often happened to me, sad to say. So, I’m posting this issue here hoping that anyone in the forum that’s interested, will share whatever insight they may have on this subject.

Thank you folks in advance.
    Last edited by lakewatcher; 28th August 2013 at 23:01.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to lakewatcher For This Post:

Carmen (28th August 2013), Fred Steeves (28th August 2013), Hazel (28th August 2013), hectorlca (28th August 2013), Kiforall (28th August 2013), Lettherebelight (28th August 2013), Lifebringer (28th August 2013), Pilgrim (28th August 2013), ROMANWKT (28th August 2013), Spiral of Light (28th August 2013), spiritguide (28th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (29th August 2013), ulli (28th August 2013), william r sanford72 (28th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Default Re: Supreme Being?

Hi Lakewalker; I love the way you use the words Supreme Being, as in connected to ALL as in planner and knowledge of all, to which our higher selves are connected to allow us, when we practice meditation and Christ's teachings in Christianity, Muhammad in Islamic Countries, and Buddism in the Asian countries. In the Bible=Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth, Genesis, the churches haven't "relayed" "LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE."
    This lead me to delve in all the texts, and after delving, discovered that each planet has a SON of God according to his choice. The species of life on the planet that have gone too far, via the fallen, have a veil/amnesia blocking this connection, for they had fallen so far from the Father. These Sons incarnate to confront and teach the beings the ways of the Creator Father, and then return if they are killed or die of natural age causes, to return because they learned the word of the Father in Heaven and Supreme Being.

These last 3 generations that have seen the last 60 years, know in their hearts, that this can't go on and there is justice and good if the majority of souls on the planet cry out to Heaven, as Enoch had said, and it goes up to the Heaven. The watchers they spoke of, the divine intervention, do you hear it in the churches, or do you hear the judgemental speeching, and hand outs without a hand out the poor, just more mega churches saying the same thing. Jesus saves, but we need a new building fund. Raising money for other than the poor, to bring more in, to make more money. A cycle that Jesus tipped the tables on. Capitalism. America is the last bastion of independent Government democracy(supposedly where every one is treated equal as citizens) The powers that were, are crapping themselves in desperation, because they were given a "certain amount of time" before the 2nd coming of Christ. Rumors of wars? Mayans said the end of an age and beginning of another. When asked when Christ would return, he said time and time and 1/2 an age. I know not what galactic cycle time is, nor the timelines, but surely around the world, the children have dreams of angels telling them things, others who channel, and others who seek the truth about or as close to, the clues to what time it actually is. Well, the 2000 years has past since His presence here ending on the same time as Mayan, I Ching, and others. But back to the Supreme Being who knows all. Would he not know when humans on the planet were changing from bad to good, and call His name for help or illness when things are out of their hands? Would He not expect it, being as Enoch said the Angels heard the humans on the planet, as the giants were slaying them, yes. Well the giants/financial titans/elites, have murdered in his name, desecrated the Roman Catholic Religion with pedophilia, Preachers on tv calling for death, just like in Roman days, lots of stuff going on, not to mention the desecration of HIS creation, Earth, to which we were supposed to be stewarding.

I just have faith in the promise to be there for us, and if we always ask by HIS will to guide us in our actions for the good of all, then as promised He will be there. Its happened many times in my life, I've left my body in death, only to be hovering over it as they put the paddles on, after they took my child out.

So the churches have failed Jesus revelation about returning home to the father, and the biggest critic that keeps you here, is yourself, for you will beat yourself more and be more unforgiving of yourself. Lots to learn and all i can do is keep delving as well as continue to talk to my higher self which is connected to Christ. I've no doubt of that either.

Supreme Being made all good and bad, and the balance, choices, free will as well as the temptations of a materialistic physical world, has given us Miley's and others that reflect the teaching of the world. Our children don't want to be intolerant, and it's a shame that old karma of racism will hit them in their homes.

Long winded, but lots to think about with what I've learned, but we are only gleening the surface of what's to come and always guessing. If the mind is as powerful to produce physical reprecussions, then this country is gonna recieve a big "swat on the buttocks and time out." Just survive through it, help those you can, and work on the soul to be before Christ on that day of reconning/judgement.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

lakewatcher (28th August 2013), Spiral of Light (28th August 2013), spiritguide (28th August 2013), william r sanford72 (28th August 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by lakewatcher (here)
    Honestly, I’m baffled why no one seems to be discussing this point to any great extent in the various deliberations, here and there, about what to do? So I ask, where is the Supreme Being in all of this?

Now I know that I’m not the sharpest post in the fence by a very long way. So, it’s quite possible that I’m missing something that may be obvious to others. That’s often happened to me, sad to say. So, I’m posting this issue here hoping that anyone in the forum that’s interested, will share whatever insight they may have on this subject.

Thank you folks in advance.
    The Supreme Being is within you, and you need to converse with Him and ask the question what has to be done about the needs of the world right now.
    You will receive an answer, but need to be on high alert so you don't miss it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

CD7 (28th August 2013), lakewatcher (28th August 2013), Lettherebelight (28th August 2013), william r sanford72 (28th August 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Hi Eugene, nice reminder of something we should *never* let stray far from our heart and mind. Whatever we choose to call it: God, Supreme Being, Higher Self, Universal Mind, etc., it surely is there, and is always more than willing to respond. Even anxious to do so...

What I find is that every step of faith taken toward It, It takes a corresponding step toward us. I look at it as a sort of Sacred Dance, and everything (and more) we could ever possibly need is right there on the dance floor. Once we have discovered our inherent access to *that* kind of a teacher, the other teachers, and other distractions, tend to start falling by the wayside.

Cheers Brother,

Fred

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    The Supreme Being is within you, and you need to converse with Him and ask the question what has to be done about the needs of the world right now.
    You will receive an answer, but need to be on high alert so you don't miss it.
    Thank you ulli! That's a wonderful one sentence summary of the underlying point I was trying to make in my OP!
    Last edited by lakewatcher; 28th August 2013 at 21:53.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lakewatcher For This Post:

CD7 (28th August 2013), Hazel (28th August 2013), ulli (28th August 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)
    Hi Eugene, nice reminder of something we should *never* let stray far from our heart and mind. Whatever we choose to call it: God, Supreme Being, Higher Self, Universal Mind, etc., it surely is there, and is always more than willing to respond. Even anxious to do so...

What I find is that every step of faith taken toward It, It takes a corresponding step toward us. I look at it as a sort of Sacred Dance, and everything (and more) we could ever possibly need is right there on the dance floor. Once we have discovered our inherent access to *that* kind of a teacher, the other teachers, and other distractions, tend to start falling by the wayside.

Cheers Brother,

Fred
    Yep! I agree Fred!

Cheers to you too,
    Eugene

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    Hi Lakewalker; I love the way you use the words Supreme Being, as in connected to ALL as in planner and knowledge of all, to which our higher selves are connected to allow us, when we practice meditation and Christ's teachings in Christianity, Muhammad in Islamic Countries, and Buddism in the Asian countries.

[snip]

I just have faith in the promise to be there for us, and if we always ask by HIS will to guide us in our actions for the good of all, then as promised He will be there.
    Thank you Lifebringer for sharing your insights and experiences. I think the second sentence that I quote from you above, summarizes the situation very well too.

+ Reply to Thread