+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast

Thread: DARPA uses Transcranial Stimulation for Mind Modification - Are you thinking "correctly"

1. Link to Post #81
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Re: DARPA uses Transcranial Stimulation for Mind Modification - Are you thinking "correctly"

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post733489 of course one could envision a brain-wave pacer that would defeat any such mapping, and I would venture to guess would in-fact block any remote sensory probing at-a-distance. Seems to me, counter-measures for even that type of mapping is plausible if not possible.

2. Link to Post #82
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: DARPA uses Transcranial Stimulation for Mind Modification - Are you thinking "correctly"

23 Oct 2013 I just saw this in the NY Post today, and it seems like it is relevant to share with the Forum..

It deals with the Navy Shooter a few weeks back who was complaining about NAVY "ELF" weapons related to mind control..

ELF can be modulated (coupled) onto MICROWAVES or modulated onto LASERS, or modulated onto ULTRASONIC sound and beamed (precisely directed) to a distant location. The precise "information content" in the beamed waveform doing the "information conveyance" is highly classified.

One can use brute force low frequency signals on RF carriers, or Ultrasound, or Laser carriers, and get the nerves to "demodulate" and allow the body to hear or otherwise "sense" information.

The ultra-black not talked about stuff, works with extremely LOW powers and directed carriers.

Two weeks before he slaughtered 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard, a desperate-sounding Aaron Alexis told an online “mind control” outreach group that the Navy was targeting his brain with extremely low frequency waves, according to a series of e-mails obtained exclusively by The Post.

“My name is Aaron. I am ex-navy,” Alexis begins his correspondence with the group, Freedom from Covert Harassment & Surveillance, in the first of three emails dated Sept. 1.

“I fear the constant bombardment from the ELF weapon is starting to take it’s[sic] toll on my body,” confided Alexis, an honorably discharged Navy reservist and a Department of Defense computer consultant.

Just 15 days later, on Sept. 16, Alexis used his high-security clearance to enter the yard’s Building #197, where he strafed a terrified crowd of Naval workers with his new Remington pump-action shot gun — with “My ELF Weapon!” hand-scratched into the firearm’s stock – and a handgun he picked up off a fallen guard.

He was eventually gunned down by authorities after a 30-minutes standoff.

The Alexis e-mails, sent from aalexis654@gmail.com, offer the most in-depth window yet into the twisted murderer’s panicked mind.

They also suggest that the bloody rampage was plotted as a revenge attack against the US Navy — contrary to FBI statements that the former sailor did not appear to have had a specific target.

“I have what I believe to be the locations for where they’ve been developing these weapons for decades,” Alexis tells the group’s president, Derrick Robinson, in one of the emails.

“The ELF weapons are part of the weapons systems of most of the modern vessels fielded by the Navy,” Alexis wrote.

The Navy has long acknowledged that it uses ultra low frequency signals in submarine communications; conspiracy theorists insist that the technology has also been “weaponized” by shadowy government and quasi-government groups.

“That’s what he’s alleging in his e-mails that the Navy has been conducting ELF research, and that they are using these technologies on citizens, and that he is one of the victims,” Robinson, of Upland, CA, told The Post after sharing the e-mails.

“That is the reason he did this, apparently.”

The first e-mail begins with an introduction, followed by a description of his earliest perceived ELF “attack,” from August. Police reports from that incident record Alexis telling the cops that while on Department of Defense assignment in Newport, RI, he had to change his hotel three times because he believed unseen people were talking to him via microwave signals.

“I have recently come under attack after blowing up at Norfolk airport in Virginia,” he writes.

“The first attack started coming when I was on assignment in Rhode Island. I was hearing what I though was people next door telling lies about me. In truth I didn’t know that I was under attack and thought I could escape what I was experiencing, by leaving the hotel I was in. It wasn’t until it almost cost me my job that I realized that one, I wasn’t crazy, and that two that I had to figure out what was going on.

“I am glad I found this site, however I need assistance because, I have not allowed them to scare me off my job, but I fear the constant bombardment from the ELF weapon is starting to take it’s toll on my body. I am currently in DC now near the pentagon. I think I know the specific group in the military that is responsible for developing and assisting the military with.

The first e-mail concludes,
    “Any assistance you can give me and at the same time what ever info I can give you on what I know please contact me ASAP.
    “Aaron Alexis”

Shortly after Robinson sent back a “Thanks for writing to us” response — telling Alexis “Feel free to join our efforts to gain freedom from the matrix,” Alexis wrote his own one-paragraph response:
    “Derrick, I have what I believe to be the locations for where they’ve been developing these weapons for decades. The ELF weapons are part of the weapons systems of most of the modern vessels fielded by the Navy. I want to become part of this effort mostly for self preservation. The voices they’ve induced into my head are tiresome. However If I can figure out how to keep them from disturbing my sleep cycles I would be most interested to find out.”

Robinson responds again, offering to hook Alexis up with “a good support network in the DC area, and asks Alexis if he has access to “any of the technologies being used against us?”

In his last reply, Alexis answers,
    “I don’t have direct access to the equipment, how ever I do have knowledge of where some of the attacks might be coming from. I don’t want to call you from my phone, they record everything I’ve been saying. And because I’m under the employ of the DoD I don’t want to risk getting you or my self in trouble. If you can send me info on who to get in touch with, like addresses, I think would be better.”

When Robinson then asks if Alexis would like to communicate by instant message. Alexis never responded.

Alexis’s e-mails didn’t raise any alarms, as they made no mention of violence or suicide, said Robinson and the group’s vice president, Timothy White, of The Bronx.
    “He wasn’t that bad,” White said. “We have many, many people who call and they are on the verge of suicide.”

Added Robinson, “I would have tried and we all would have tried our best to talk him out of any act of violence, if we had known about his intentions.”
    The FBI, meanwhile, on Wednesday stood by its previous statements that Alexis’ rampage was a random act.

“The statements we’ve already put out regarding motive and not believing he had any specific targets — we’re not changing anything there,” said Lindsey Godwin, a spokeswoman for the FBI’s Washington field office.

3. Link to Post #83
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Well... there's that thing called "Orgone in a Can":

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post635446
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bob (23rd October 2013), Chanlo23 (25th October 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st May 2014)

5. Link to Post #84
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    Well... there's that thing called "Orgone in a Can":

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post635446
    Ah the "silent sound" tapes. I have listened to them and ran them through a spectrum analyzer (cool edit, both frequency and phase analysis), and didn't "see" any useful spectrum. There did appear to be a radionic or psychotronic like programming.

I think the DARPA material tho from what I can see is they want active high powered carriers to contain key brainwave or nervous system signals to directly control the target's nervous systems, very similar to "Active Denial" type of crowd control systems but modulated to do more than "heat up" the skin. Possibly the CIA types would want to use such for changing "belief systems".

If that "heat beam" (microwaves of millimeter wavelengths and high power) contained the right modulation, the body would demodulate, and the data pack in the information would do it's deed. Who knows what they have decoded.

When I started this thread, it was mentioning that DARPA was VERY interested in getting people to freely contribute such as in a game like approach, to give them brain signal data, like what part of the brain does this and that..

I don't think that DARPA challenge to give people's brain signal readouts is for coming up for a new way to run one's Prius by an Emotiv sensor cap..
    Last edited by Bob; 23rd October 2013 at 23:31.

6. Link to Post #85
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Yep!

What I was thinking was that a "good" orgone in a can which would render individuals less susceptible to "brain entrainment" or "brain heterodyning"... you know a "jiminnii" type of high frequency vibes pulling people "above" the band/range of DARPA zone of influence... just a few $0.01 to consider
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bob (23rd October 2013), Chanlo23 (25th October 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st May 2014)

8. Link to Post #86
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    Yep!

What I was thinking was that a "good" orgone in a can which would render individuals less susceptible to "brain entrainment" or "brain heterodyning"... you know a "jiminnii" type of high frequency vibes pulling people "above" the band/range of DARPA zone of influence... just a few $0.01 to consider
    I think that's way better than the tin foil logic..

Check out these links:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/22/47...nning-movement
    "Can DARPA spark a DIY brain-scanning movement?
    The agency heads to Maker Faire to pitch tinkerers on its new low-cost brainwave monitors"

http://getmindsmart.com/DARPA_BRAIN_RECORDERS.html
    A very creepy solicitation (SB131-002) has now been released, which calls for a “Portable Brain Recording Device & App”. The thing is, this technology is already affordable, if you like that kind of thing, but DARPA wants it to be real easy to get, so it’s gotta be around $30. They need someone who can make it smaller and cheaper, because, according to the solicitation, they want “to promote use by a wide audience”, including children.

“Having EEGs in every classroom in America”, say DARPA"

Just think, get all the KIDS to freely gleefully show DARPA how their minds work, give them the blue prints - weoh Horatio I see Ships on the horizon and they are flagged not with our Colors !

9. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member Openmindedskeptic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,359 times in 313 posts

This story is gaining mainstream attention.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Openmindedskeptic For This Post:

Bob (24th October 2013), Chanlo23 (25th October 2013), jerry (23rd November 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st May 2014)

11. Link to Post #88
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Openmindedskeptic (here)
    This story is gaining mainstream attention.

GOOD FIND ! Thanks !

Ya, that vid is basically what this written thread was started with PLUS the additional work being done to demonstrate that using TransCranial Magnetic Stimulation a person wearing an EEG system, hooked up to some processing software, could send KEY modulation signals to another user across the CAMPUS, and have some driver software, pickup the brainwave signal from the FIRST SENDER, and make the RECEIVER person, do the same thing that the SENDER was commanding him to DO. He did it..

The brain wave signal was transferred in other words and coupled Electro-Magnetically, into the receiver's brain. That is as they say is mindblowing. There has been discussion that the same thing can be done across the species too..

We have the hard copy of the DARPA report on the work being done in Arizona.
    Last edited by Bob; 24th October 2013 at 00:39.

12. Link to Post #89
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

DARPA want's your brain implanted, for real ! October 28th 2013

Forget gentle wireless stimulation where they may MISS.. In this case they want real permanent accuracy, with a physical IMPLANT in your brain, and you know they are saying it's good for you!

CNET - DARPA says there is a high incidence of "Mental Illness" in the troops (no Sh!t Sherlock).. compared with normals (general population humans), and they have 70 Million $ (US) to spend to put gadgets deep in the brain that monitor for when things go "wrong" and apply a "correction" so that things go back to what their measure of an acceptable "normal is".

What now we may ask, just what is an "acceptable normal for a military soldier"? It is known, the job of the soldier is to "break things" on command (break the enemy down, break the enemy support lines, break the enemy infrastructue, break the enemy will, break the enemy soldiers' ability to harm the "troops"), to "follow orders" explicitly without challenge or question, to kill, to destroy the "enemy" as defined by the current politico and as interpreted by the "chain of command". The soldier is a piece of property, with their rights as determined not by human decency nor dignity, but as defined by the Uniform Code of Military Justice - http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...1-13/chap3.htm

There are no shortages of MANUALS in how a soldier is to behave, conduct themselves, how to "complain".. http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita....htm#fm1-04.14

There is even a beautiful Army Website to help the new "recruit" understand how to "be the best they can ever be" !! weoh Horatio ! Thar be ships on the horizon and they are flagged not with our colors !

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/

So DARPA says after you have all gone through the "program (ming)" and you are having problems, well we will fix you so that you are a good piece of functional property, and we (will) have the way to do it !

Future, 2016: Just imagine them now saying to you: We can make you better, stronger, sharper, able to kill at long range, fly your drone, shoot your gun, gut your enemy fast and quickly with the least fuss and muss, and you know what? YOU will be HAPPY about it !

Happier than you can ever, ever believe possible, because we KNOW where to stimulate the pleasure centers in the brain so well, all the schoolkids helped us with sending in their brainwave data with our campaigns to get all you to work for us for free.. Think about it soldier, all you need do is comply, be a good soldier, that's all, think about it ! INFINITE bliss, all you need to do is have the implant and behave, do what you are told.

Is that something that could be said? Is that a future? Let's take a look at the CNET brief today on DARPA's "SUBNET" project. Just think your brain can be a "sub-network" of the larger machine ! weoh.. shall we all jack in? (i knew IPv-6 protocol was good for something, never thought the brain though would be an "internet appliance")

ref: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...-in-real-time/

"DARPA's device will be similar, but rather than targeting one specific symptom, it will be able to monitor and analyze data in real time and issue a specific intervention according to brain activity."

Who is the inspired DARPA manager behind this wonderful implant campaign? "If Subnets is successful, it will advance neuropsychiatry beyond the realm of dialogue-driven observations and resultant trial and error and into the realm of therapy driven by quantifiable characteristics of neural state," DARPA program manager Justin Sanchez.

Here is his bio:
    http://www.darpa.mil/Our_Work/DSO/Pe...n_Sanchez.aspx - He is a PhD. Dr. Sanchez has developed new methods for signal analysis and processing techniques for studying the unknown aspects of neural coding. Just what DARPA wants, someone who can get in there and decode what goes on in the brain.

Can't you just see this fellow having one of his own implants installed in his OWN brain so he can in real-time experiment, press buttons, see things happen on command? Of course that will never happen as the program is designed only to accept "volunteers" currently, and this fellow would obviously NEVER volunteer to have his own brain implanted with his OWN technology.. (It's called "eating one's own dog-food in the trade circles..")

Let's cut to 20 years in the future, all dissidents, as being declared socially abnormal, under the UN Global Peace Directive (Freedom-UN-2022) or the let's all go with the flow movement, and "have FUN" and participate in being implanted by mandatory decree, as such was declared as "more humane" than incarceration for life (and less expensive). Studies, technology was shared globally with the "allies" and allowed for these programs to be implemented in the sweeping changes that took place after the solar flares destroyed a large part of the communications and power grids in the beginning of 2014. In the following 8 years each of the allies agreed by treaty to create these surgical campaigns, and "free up the prisoners", as no more crime, no more "insanity" would happen anywhere in the world. Such a noble campaign it was (so they said). Movements sprung up overnight, with people gleefully willing to be "chipped" because one would feel so much better.. "What color is your Chip?" was the trendy coffee-shop discussion often heard.. "I got the optional music feature so I could hear downloaded songs in my head..and you know what, the "Chip" and surgery was offered together as a package deal, for life they said, free music !! " (sigh) Total Fantasy right?

Back to DARPA's SUBNET program (that name should really bother the reader, as I believe it says exactly what is intended).. "DARPA will collate data from volunteers seeking treatment for unrelated neurological disorders as well as clinical research participants to construct models of how the brain behaves in normal and impaired conditions, with a focus on post-traumatic stress disorder, major depression, borderline personality disorder, general anxiety disorder, traumatic brain injury, substance abuse/addiction, and fibromyalgia/chronic pain."

See: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post748131

Remember currently DARPA is soliciting kids/schools to freely give them data of where in their brain the kid's are able to map functions, attitudes, thoughts.. AND no doubt give them a nice science fair award for such self-less but "egocentric" "service to the cause". Can't you just imagine kids showing how their brains develop, over time, all that data being sent to DARPA so that they can correlate how information is stored, sorted, recognized and modified? What a free wealth of data ! ref: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101062968

Anyone reading that should see the horrific consequences with mis-use, or in the "fictional" portrayal above, of "future shock", an ultimate "Minority Report" where precogs are not needed, as all are simply NETWORKED into the overseer machine..

O M G

ref: Examples of the chip style, electrode styles (each "point" contacts some nerve bundles)

what color is your implant ?
    Last edited by Bob; 20th May 2014 at 23:23. Reason: repaired a broken link

13. Link to Post #90
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

back when DARPA did that "red balloon crowdsourcing challenge thing" they were also advertising their project "REMIND" on their website, which briefly discussed neuro-plasticity research and DARPA's intent to re-program the military mind.

I think they see it as a good investment because "fixing" a soldier is cheaper than raising a child -- they need workers, a worksource, and all these "damaged soldiers" need jobs -- they still need to feed their families, so instead of getting a disability check as they should be able to, the gov't will deceive them into accepting these chips.

It's very wrong -- I didn't like the video mind control in basic training, but this is a whole new level of degradation.

I hope they know what they are doing. it's bad enough taking a pill that causes hallucinations.

Does anyone remember how much the young man in Manchurian Candidate wanted to die?

That movie was about this... it was about the reality that DARPA was, would be, and will be testing these brain chips on human beings within our lifetimes.

They were chipping them in the desert and bringing them home without telling the families what had changed.

it was one of the saddest sickest movies i've ever seen and it made me wonder if people died in the making of it.

thank you for your bravery, bobd.

14. Link to Post #91
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

More DARPA - "Programs" for a "better humanity" (sigh) - MORE reading about DARPA and the New Tomorrow which is here Today !

- Battlefield Illusion - DARPA Working Towards Better "Human-Sensory Battlefield Deception" http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA05.htm

- CDC Calls Morgellons' Nano-worms a "Delusion" - Protects DARPA - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...rgellons21.htm

- DARPA Blue Angel Project to Develop a Vaccine Surge Capacity for Flu Viruses - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...errorism07.htm

- DARPA Combines Human Brains and 120-Megapixel Cameras to Create The Ultimate Military Threat Detection System - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...humanism13.htm

- DARPA - Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA01.htm

- DARPA - Can we Genetically Engineer Humans by Adding a 47th Chromosome - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...ticfood144.htm

- DARPA's Blue Angel - Pentagon Prepares Millions of Vaccines Against Future Global Flu‏ - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA07.htm

- DARPA Set to Drop Computer "F-Bombs" to Spy on Public - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA04.htm

- DARPA’s Insight - New World Order Program to Watch Us All - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA02.htm

- DARPA Sponsors Surveillance Technology to Predict Future Behavior - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...opol_nsa11.htm

- DARPA to Develop Technology to Analyze Social Media - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA06.htm
    (Like read Forums, read posts, read threads, and analyze what "group think" is doing based on key "presented posts" to elicit response then measure results)

- Director of DARPA Departs Pentagon for Google - Further Reinforcing Government Ties - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...etgoogle20.htm

- Hacking The Human Brain Furthers The Advent of Super Soldiers - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...humanism16.htm

- History of ARPANET - Behind The Net - - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA10.htm

- 'Human Rights Watch' Warns Against DARPA Development of Autonomous Synthetic Soldiers - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...alhumans48.htm

- Insight Program - DARPA’s Ubiquitous Intelligence - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA03.htm

- NASA Ames’ Worden Reveals DARPA-Funded 'Hundred Year Starship' Program - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...opulsion01.htm

- Secret DARPA Mind Control Project Revealed - "Leaked Document" - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA13.htm

- Shoot to Kill - Autonomous Robots Developed by DARPA Will Not Question Orders - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...opol_nsa08.htm

- Synthetic Police Are Coming - DARPA Engineering Autonomous Robots - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...humanism05.htm

- The DARPA Vacuum - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA08.htm

- The Human Avatar Programs by NASA & DARPA - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...humanism14.htm

- The New Conquistadores - A Technological Divide Threatens Our Survival - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ol_DARPA11.htm

- The US Government is Bankrolling The 'Engineering' of Humans - http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...humanism26.htm

Boy I sure do have a nice warm safe fuzzy feeling reading those articles... (not)
    Last edited by Bob; 30th October 2013 at 20:09.

15. Link to Post #92
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Tesla_WTC had mentioned above the Darpa Red Balloon Challenge - I think it is good to post something on that to show more on how DARPA is using whatever methods it can to determine HOW people perform so that they can determine HOW to figure out the next step..

http://www.fastcompany.com/1475198/d...d-balloon-hunt

"DARPA's launching a public challenge on December 5, timed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Internet predecessor ARPANET. The agency is offering $40,000 to the first person who finds 10 red balloons hidden somewhere in the continental U.S., each one somewhere near a public roadway. Yup, that's ten tiny balloons in an area of 3.8 million square miles. Presuming you don't have personal access to a network of live-view spy satellites with incredible optical resolution and a supercomputer to crunch the data, to solve the puzzle you're going to have to take part in a seriously clever group effort.

Which is, of course, the point. DARPA's goal is to learn how groups of people using distributed computers work together in social networks to achieve a specific goal. "

16. Link to Post #93
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Darpa still wants to put chips in one's head if your are military and have 'memory problems'

Having one of those senior moments, or when you feel that the PTSD you got from being told to kill on command just isn't what life is really supposed to be about?

http://rt.com/news/156412-brain-memory-research-darpa/

Russian Television feels its time to beat the drum again and let people know DARPA just can't keep their forceps out of your brain if you are military and complaining... (don't complain obviously)

Remember you are not an individual when you are in the military, you are PROPERTY.. They protect their property, they don't respect concepts of freedom nor life. If the machine is not working right, fix it, least cost possible, or trash it, it is expendable, there is another just waiting in the wings.. that is how it works.

"The project is being developed by the Defense Advanced Research Agency (DARPA), and could help soldiers who have suffered brain injuries during service, or millions of sufferers of Alzheimer’s disease. The program is expected to take around four years to complete and is part of a $100 million program by US President Barak Obama to gain a better understanding of the human brain, according to AFP.

"If you have been injured in the line of duty and you can't remember your family, we want to be able to restore those kinds of functions," DARPA program manager Justin Sanchez said this week at a conference in Washington DC, convened by the Center for Brain Health at the University of Texas."

They are gonna call it "a prosthetic device", you know like a fake leg if you get urs blown off from a landmine.. Easily replaced with state-of-the-art technology.

Think about it, a nice implant to help you "remember".. (it's all code so who cares how it is programmed or what is programmed), heck it could be standard equipment if it improves the "machine's efficiency to take orders and follow them without question"

"Robert Hampson, who is an associate professor at Wake Forrest University, who is not connected to the DARPA project, has already tested some memory techniques on animals. His research on rodents and monkeys has shown that neurons in the hippocampus, which processes memory, fire differently when they see red or blue, or a picture of a face versus a type of food.

Using prosthetics designed to stimulate the hippocampus, Hampson was able to extend the short-term, working memory of his subjects. But to restore a human's specific memory, the associate professor says scientists would need to know the precise pattern for that memory.

“The idea is to restore a function back to normal or near normal of the memory processing areas of the brain, so that the person can access their formed memories, and so that they can form new memories as needed,” Hampson concluded."

Enjoy ur chips troops... Sam knows what's best.

Last edited by Bob; 2nd June 2014 at 20:05.

17. Link to Post #94
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Recently watched The Machine and it shows the implications of brain implants and goes a little beyond.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrnEggsNHam For This Post:

Bob (5th May 2014), Limor Wolf (6th June 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st May 2014)

19. Link to Post #95
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

What can brain implants do? Turn you into a Johnny Cash Fan and cure your OCD. hmmm

"Researchers say they were left shocked after a man being treated for severe obsessive-compulsive disorder became a passionate Johnny Cash fan after having a stimulation device planted in his head.

A report in the Frontier in Behavioral Neuroscience journal by Mariska Mantione and colleagues describe the case of “Mr. B.”, a 58-year-old Dutch man who had suffered severe obsessive-compulsive disorder from the age of 13.

As a last resort he was given deep brain stimulation (DBS), a surgical treatment involving the implantation of a medical device called a brain pacemaker, which sends electrical impulses to specific parts of the brain.

The treatment worked, the researchers said, as his anxiety and symptoms went down.

“Mr. B. reported he felt very confident, calm and assertive and he started to call himself 'Mr. B. II', the new and improved version of himself,” they said in the paper.

However, there was one unusual side-effect. Mr. B.’s brain couldn’t get enough of Johnny Cash.

“Half year after DBS surgery, Mr. B. stated that he was turning into a Johnny Cash fan. He had been listening to the radio, when he coincidentally heard Ring of Fire of the country and western singer and experienced that he was deeply affected by the song. Mr. B. started to listen to more songs of Johnny Cash and noticed that he was deeply moved by the raw and low-pitched voice of the singer,” researchers wrote. “Mr. B. reported that he felt good following treatment with DBS and that the songs of Johnny Cash made him feel even better. From this moment on, Mr. B. kept listening simply and solely to Johnny Cash and bought all his CD’s and DVD’s …

From the first time Mr. B. heard a Johnny Cash song, [all other music] has been banned.”

ref: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/0...hnny-cash-fan/

Medtronic Deep Brain Stimulators - https://professional.medtronic.com/p...rces/index.htm

http://www.technologyreview.com/news...ring-circuits/ - from MIT technology review

hmmm..
    Last edited by Bob; 20th May 2014 at 23:34.

20. Link to Post #96
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Don't tell DARPA that I forgot to check this thread, lol -- they might have to REMIND me... XD

Laughing aside, thank you for standing up to this.
    It's so horrible, I think I blocked it out of my mind (which a chipped person might not be able to do?)!

I know some people DO need help, but Alexis? I am a bit tempted to believe his story about being "driven" to murder.

The fact he had a history of violence, means also he had a chance to recognize the pattern and escape...
    it doesn't automatically mean he "would have ended up doing something like this" anyway.

I have to believe that people can change.
    If people can't change there is no point to living.

Bob, everyone in this thread, etc.,

thank you --

21. Link to Post #97
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Darpa produced Threat Detection Enhanced Warning System -

A big camera, coupling sensory input to a screen, fed to a selected trained "conditioned operator", an EEG system that monitors the operator (who's brain recognizes "threats") and a way to get the warning to the appropriate "authority" for acting on...

hmmm

"A P300 response is triggered when your brain recognizes something important. This might be a face of someone you know or the glint of a sniper scope - it doesn’t matter.

"P300 responses are very reliable and can even be triggered subconsciously. (P300 is a recognizable pattern that can show the monitoring computer, the brain recognized something below the level of normal awareness, and something now requires doing something about...)

"The system is called CT2WS and it taps the human brain’s unsurpassed ability to recognize objects. In testing, the 120-megapixel camera, combined with the computer vision algorithms, generated 810 false alarms per hour; with a human operator strapped into the EEG, that drops down to just five false alarms per hour.

The human brain is surprisingly fast, too:

"According to DARPA, CT2WS display 10 images per second to the human operator - and yet that doesn’t seem to affect accuracy. The total overall accuracy of the system is 91% - but that will improve as DARPA moves beyond the prototype stage.

Moving forward, once our computers are suitably power efficient (or there’s a breakthrough in battery efficiency), the ultimate goal is to create binoculars or head-up displays (HUD) with threat detection technology built in.

"It’s very tiring for a soldier to be constantly on the lookout for threats - but such a system could monitor the surroundings, and then flash up images of potential threats for the soldier to act upon, significantly lowering his workload."

link: http://www.darpa.mil/NewsEvents/Rele...012/09/18.aspx - from Darpa's webpage

"September 18, 2012

DARPA links human brainwaves, improved sensors, cognitive algorithms to improve target detection

For warfighters operating in the field, the ability to detect threats from standoff distances can be life-saving. When advanced radar and drone coverage is not available, warfighters typically rely on their own vision to scan their surroundings. Scanning over a wide area, though, is challenging because of the amount of territory that must be reviewed, the limited field of view of the human eye, and the effects of fatigue. Current technologies like binoculars, cameras, and portable radars can help to improve visibility and increase the threat detection rate. Unfortunately, current miss rates of 47 percent or greater using these technologies leave warfighters unprepared and vulnerable.

DARPA launched the Cognitive Technology Threat Warning System (CT2WS) program in 2008 with the goal of maximizing warfighters’ awareness of their surroundings by developing man-portable visual threat detection devices.

CT2WS succeeded in creating a technology kit capable not only of identifying up to 91 percent of targets during testing with extremely low false-alarm rates, but also widening a warfighter’s field of view to 120 degrees when all components of the kit are used in tandem.

By incorporating a commercial radar (the Cerberus Scout surveillance system), target detection reached 100 percent.

“DARPA set out to solve a common challenge for forward troops: how can you reliably detect potential threats and targets of interest without making it a resource drain?” said Gill Pratt, DARPA program manager. “The prototype system has demonstrated an extremely low false alarm rate, a detection rate in the low nineties, all while reducing the load on the operator.”

22. Link to Post #98
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

READ WRITE ERASE REPROGRAM

Sounds like a computer chip memory operation.. right, think again...

It's the new tested method to reprogram the brain..

"be afraid, very afraid" - (from the 1986 horror film, "The Fly", starring Jeff Goldblum (as Seth Brundle) and Geena Davis (as Veronica Quaife).

article: http://www.scidai.ly/releases/2014/06/140601150633.htm

"June 1, 2014 — Researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine have erased and reactivated memories in rats, profoundly altering the animals' reaction to past events."

"We can form a memory, erase that memory and we can reactivate it, at will, by applying a stimulus that selectively strengthens or weakens synaptic connections," said Roberto Malinow, MD, PhD, professor of neurosciences and senior author of the study.

Scientists optically stimulated a group of nerves in a rat's brain that had been genetically modified to make them sensitive to light, and simultaneously delivered an electrical shock to the animal's foot.

The rats soon learned to associate the optical nerve stimulation with pain and displayed fear behaviors when these nerves were stimulated.

Analyses showed chemical changes within the optically stimulated nerve synapses, indicative of synaptic strengthening.

In the next stage of the experiment, the research team demonstrated the ability to weaken this circuitry by stimulating the same nerves with a memory-erasing, low-frequency train of optical pulses. These rats subsequently no longer responded to the original nerve stimulation with fear, suggesting the pain-association memory had been erased.

In what may be the study's most startlingly discovery, scientists found they could re-activate the lost memory by re-stimulating the same nerves with a memory-forming, high-frequency train of optical pulses. These re-conditioned rats once again responded to the original stimulation with fear, even though they had not had their feet re-shocked.

"We can cause an animal to have fear and then not have fear and then to have fear again by stimulating the nerves at frequencies that strengthen or weaken the synapses," said Sadegh Nabavi, a postdoctoral researcher in the Malinow lab and the study's lead author."

23. Link to Post #99
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 times in 1,115 posts

It looks to me like they aren't really changing the memory back, or erasing it as they are
    removing it from the neural network, then retrieving it from non physical memory.
    With jokers like this at work on peoples minds, techniques of clearing and recall become more and more important!

John
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

24. The Following User Says Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Bob (2nd June 2014)

25. Link to Post #100
    United States Avalon Member Skywizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,727 times in 1,319 posts

Default Erasing (And Restoring) the Brain's Memories

Scientists created a memory in a lab animal and then erased it by stimulating the connections, or
    synapses, between nerve cells at different frequencies.

In recent years, researchers studying the brain have implanted false memories, caused patients to hallucinate while sleeping, and even tricked the brain into hearing sounds that don't exist.

Now, a team of neuroscientists has manipulated brain cells to both erase and then restore a memory, a finding that could help with treatment of brain diseases like Alzheimer's or PTSD.

"Technologically, it's a huge achievement," said Steve Ramirez, a graduate student in the department of brain and cognitive sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who was not part of the study, but has published work on creating memories. "It renders that possibility (of manipulating memory) is no longer science fiction, but something you can tackle experimentally in the lab."

In a paper published today in the journal Nature, a team at the University of California San Diego created a memory in a rat and then erased it by stimulating the connections, or synapses, between nerve cells at different frequencies.

The first step was to create a memory. They did this by stimulating a group of nerves in the rat's brain (which equated to the sound of a tone) that had been genetically modified to respond to light, while shocking the animal's foot at the same time. From the rat's perspective, the sound of the tone (done by stimulating the nerve cells) was equated with the fear of getting a mild shock.

Then the team weakened the connection between the brain cells, which had the effect of erasing that memory. But in a twist, they were also able to recover the fear-pain memory by strengthening the synaptic connection by stimulating the synapse with a different frequency.

"We can form a memory, and then turn it off and turn it on by selectively turning on synapses," said Robert Malinow, professor of neurosciences and an author on the paper. "It puts together a number of things we have known and learned to produce this effect. It reinforces that synapses are important and can control memory."

Malinow says the finding could open the door to manipulating the creation of memories in humans as well. In PTSD, memories of certain traumatic events cause severe anxiety, depression and other problems in patients, while Alzheimer’s disease causes us to lose our memories.

A post-doctoral student in Malinow's lab, Sadegh Nabavi, conducted the experiments and is the lead author on the Nature paper.

One expert, however, cautioned that it's still too early to take these findings as a road map creating memories in an artificial brain, for example.

"We don't understand enough about the brain to take those principals and make computers," said Mark Mayford, a neuroscientist at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, Calif. "Instead, people are trying to take a few principals and put them in standard computer software like learning algorithms."

Source: http://news.discovery.com/human/eras...ies-140601.htm

I wonder if it would help us to remember past lives?

peace...
    ~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skywizard For This Post:

4evrneo (2nd June 2014), Limor Wolf (6th June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast