+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast

Thread: Help please, thyroid cancer

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Default Re: Help please, thyroid cancer

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

eaglespirit (3rd October 2013), Eram (1st October 2013), Flash (22nd September 2013)

3. Link to Post #82
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

reposting :
    Flash, I send you light, love and healing !
    I think visualisations and self hypnosis can have great power over the body. I will send you some links that I just found to look at :

http://www.healingcancernaturally.co...lizations.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/0...ody/index.html

I send you all the high vibes! **~~~*~~**~~****~~~~~

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Radi For This Post:

eaglespirit (3rd October 2013), Eram (1st October 2013), Flash (28th September 2013)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    Check out www.CrystalKangen.info
    Cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment. Drinking this microclusterd, high Ph.level and restored moleculestructure from 5 to 6 water that makes it carry more oxygene will help clean waste from your cells, increase nutrition intake and hydrate your cells.

Also eat wild apricot kernels that contain B17.

Get rid of all products that contain anything with "prop" like isopropylalcohol.
    Last edited by transiten; 27th September 2013 at 19:20.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

eaglespirit (3rd October 2013), Eram (1st October 2013), Flash (28th September 2013)

7. Link to Post #84
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

I thought of you, Flash. It’s @ 2:04.

I’m only 30 minutes into learning of Harry Oldfield, but plan on more research and his Electro Crystal therapy. (apologies if covered)

As a side note: the baby just before 2:04 is shows the aura of an innocent little one without tainted programs and beliefs. Can’t help but notice the 3rd eye region.

Harry Oldfield 5/11 - Energy Fields Revealed

Uploaded on Feb 22, 2010

We can't wait any longer for other people to put this video up, it's too important.  The conventional medical paradigm isn't working, we need a re-think - we need a new paradigm!  The human energy field is REAL as is the energy field around all living things.  Until we start to at least recognise who and what we are there can be little progress.  This video is yet another step in the right direction. 

Also see our related videos on the Energy Body and Chi Energy. www.youtube.com/happyduckuk and www.happy-duck.co.uk

With thanks to ObercronIII www.youtube.com/ObercronIII for the following blurb:

If only all scientists were as open minded and as open hearted as Dr Harry Oldfield!

With considerable joie de vivre and a fantastic playful sense of humour he unveils some of his amazing inventions and also talks about Electro Crystal therapy and the incredible properties of crystals. He goes on to detail how this technology could revolutionise both conventional and alternative healing and how he has used this technology in his own practice. 

There is some staggering photographic and video evidence demonstrating some of the technologies, particularly shocking is the Oldfield Camera Filter which using a normal camera appears to show ghosts or other wordly entities clearly in photographs! Truly amazing stuff!

Harry, the author of 'Harry Oldfield's Invisible Universe' goes on to demonstrate how through various technologies he is able to reveal aspects of this previously unseen universe in all their glory!

Three decades of research into this area and considerable practical application enable Harry to present some very convincing evidence that there is far more to the Universe than that which we currently experience with the 5 senses.

This mind blowing presentation, filmed at the Glastonbury Symposium www.glastonburysymposium.co.uk
is stacked with quality information.

For more information on Harry and his work his website is:  www.electrocrystal.com

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

eaglespirit (3rd October 2013), Eram (1st October 2013), Finefeather (3rd October 2013), Flash (28th September 2013), sigma6 (1st October 2013)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

My nutshell library of information for all that ails you...

http://www.4shared.com/folder/7sZXbsQv/UT_Therapy.html

http://www.4shared.com/folder/RX5zaJ..._Albicans.html

Generic Download Instructions - 4shared :
    click 4shared link provided ex.
    example_http://www.4shared.com/examplefolder...efilename.html
    (if password protected, you would see it here, insert password provided by sender,
    99% of the time there is no password...)

(1) folders/files will be displayed, open folders, select...
    - a new tab/window will open, displaying audio/video/text file
    ready to play online, underneath will be two buttons:
    "Download" and "Share with friends"

(2) click "Download" - will open a new tab/window
    - look for two buttons:
    "PRIORITY DOWNLOAD" and "FREE DOWNLOAD"
    (a "pop up" window may appear that doesn’t seem related (it isn’t)
    it’s advertising, shut it down and continue... )

(3) select "FREE DOWNLOAD"
    a pop-up 'box' will appear, clearly offering Sign up OR Login,
    if you don’t have an account, Sign Up (on left)
    if you have an account, LOG IN (on right)
    (don’t download anything to sign up, NOT required)

(4) login: input 4shared username, password
    click "FREE DOWNLOAD" button.
    You will see "download/save/save as" option.
    Last edited by sigma6; 1st October 2013 at 19:49.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

eaglespirit (3rd October 2013), Eram (1st October 2013), Flash (1st October 2013)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Thinking of you Flash, sending positive vibes and hoping all is going well
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

eaglespirit (3rd October 2013), Eram (1st October 2013), Wind (1st October 2013)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Thank you all. I will contunue to check all of your suggestions and come up with a plan. And let you know. I also found that diabetes has a negative impact on thyroid functions and that the medication for it has a firther negative impact on the thyroid. Conclusion: whatever i do, it has to take care of diabetes too. . So i will do something for my whole self.

I am waitinf for echography of the gland and biopsy has been postpone until the echo is done.

I am not too wortied since it is one of the easiest cancer to take care of in actual medecine. I have given myself 3 months(2left) to study the best alternative and implement. Thanks everyone.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

araucaria (3rd October 2013), eaglespirit (3rd October 2013), Eram (1st October 2013), RunningDeer (2nd October 2013), sandy (2nd October 2013), sunflower (1st October 2013), Wind (1st October 2013)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

I have received a pm from Sgt-Bones and as he cannot or would not receive pm, I would like to publicy thank him. Here was my unsent response to his pm:

Thank you very much for your information. I am looking at it presently and will design my treatment based on what you sent me, as well as what I read on my thread. You are incredible, thanks many times.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

eaglespirit (3rd October 2013), Eram (4th October 2013), RunningDeer (3rd October 2013), sandy (4th October 2013)

17. Link to Post #89
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

Hi dear Flash and all
    I have read much, and listened to many on the subject of cures for diseases, and our struggle to sometimes live what can be described as a 'normal' life...free of pain and suffering.
    Few are aware of some knowledge which puts a different light on this great dilemma of diseases, which many see as a burden and a curse in their lives. The cry often goes out, “why me ?” and “what have I done to deserve this affliction in my life?”.

Of course, it would be arrogant of me to claim to know all the answers to the many health problems which affect the many on this planet...but there are some basic facts which I could share with you, which might shed some light on the subject.

We need to first recognise the basic causes of disease.

First thing to know is that all diseases are caused by a lack of harmony.

Each of us is a separate Being or Self which contains, within it's immediate bodies or envelopes, a certain vibrational quality. This quality of each Self is that which has resulted from millions of years of evolution, action and thought. The result is who we, each, are now...with our many past good and bad traits, together with our attitudes which we have picked up in our current life based on the group environment which we have chosen to incarnate into. Even the most isolated of us is included in this formula of current life consciousness.

Thus, the quality of each of our vibrational make up is that which determines the reaction of the many forces and entities around us, which we interact with in our daily lives. If the reaction or result of the created trinity is not of a harmonious nature...disease results.

This trinity, which is seen in every single event which takes place in the entire cosmos, is the key to the creation of a bad or a good reaction to any external entity which we come into contact with.

Now we should not assume that it is always the fault of the 'other' entity which causes our disease...because it is very likely that our own Self quality, or vibrational quality, might be out of tune with the 'other' entity.

This out-of-tune-ness with nature and life is the cause of disease, because it results in disharmony. Of course if we are strong enough in a positive way we can easily normalise the potential of the disharmony...and the disease could be avoided.

So in the world today we see various profund diseases coming in, and going out of phase as we face different emotional and mental patterns in life. Our quality of Self, which can also be called karma, is what we bring into each incarnation...with the goal of harmonising with the surroundings and many vibrational patterns and entities which we are to make contact with.

Some of the things that can create disharmony range from a simple spider bite to a constant and chronic relationship, to a self inflicted battle of failing to express what is on our minds.

Now here is the crux of this predicament we find ourselves in. The use of drugs or natural cures is of course seen by many as the way to go...and I am not ever going to want to change that because suffering is something we should avoid. However it is an esoteric fact that curing oneself with drugs or whatever other means we choose is in reality not curing the attitude or Self quality, rather we are temporaraly relieving the condition to avoid the suffering.
    The correct way to go about this is to seek inner understanding of the nature of the disease which we are fighting, and to effect a cure by harmonising with the forces or learning to avoid the forces or entities which cause the conflict.

Most cancers, for example, are caused by inhibition of some state in our life.

Love to all
    Ray

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Eram (4th October 2013), Flash (3rd October 2013), RunningDeer (3rd October 2013), Wind (3rd October 2013)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Inhibition of some states in our lifes!? Of course, it is. In my case, the question is not "is it" but which of the numerous inhibited state has started this thyroid problem,and while we are at it, this diabetes problem? And while we are at it, those bad choices in relationships, and while were are at it..... lol.

Of course, I do understand that if the underlying problem, which is often not physical but rather energetic or spiritual, has not been resolved, the predicament will come again, now or later, in this life or another one.

The process to unearth these causes if sometimes longer than one would like to ensure this organism now has a futur. I have tried to work on this my lifelong, and here I am. For the moment, there is no suffering but a potential for turning in a direction where my body fades away. Fine if it is where I am supposed to be at. But not fine if I have remaining things to do, opportunities to be of service and/or to grow.

On thing for sure is that my food and daily living has to be more balanced. Also, nice to be of service, but I also have to respond to my body needs, otherwise it is nice but not wise.

In practicality Finefeather, what should I do with what you bring here? Where do you start to perceive the force to avoid or those to get nearer to? I am a slow learner it seem - a laggard... .

I have started lately by refusing what does not suit me, where I do not feel good, therefore refusing to work in my old work, for the moment. Also by giving more time for pleasantness to myself, and to/with my daughter.

From there, I discover a new mantra: "It has to be easy, NOW". Life has to be easier, otherwise it makes no sense. And it has to be now, otherwise it makes no sense. I do not say that in terms of not working or making no efforts, but in terms of stopping the going "overboard", working so much or having so much worries that is stretches my capacities to their limits. And kind of accepting life as it comes, sometimes drifting with the flow as well. Also, accpeting that there is some lifes that are inherently difficult and lonely and I that had one of these. But NOW, it has to be easy.

What will be my next discovery, I do not know. As long as it is easy lol...

In practicality, where do I start, apart from the biological side of it?

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Eram (4th October 2013), RunningDeer (3rd October 2013), sandy (4th October 2013), sunflower (3rd October 2013), ulli (3rd October 2013), Wind (3rd October 2013)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Inhibition of some states in our lifes!? Of course, it is. In my case, the question is not "is it" but which of the numerous inhibited state has started this thyroid problem,and while we are at it, this diabetes problem? And while we are at it, those bad choices in relationships, and while were are at it..... lol.
    Well lets just take a hypothetical case, so that readers do not get the impression that I am pointing fingers.

Based on your 2 immediate symptoms...Thyroid cancer and diabetes we might be able to piece together some scenario. Of course, as you have pointed out, diet is important in some cases, especially diabetes.

Lets start with the diabetes:
    According to the latest research excessive carbohydrates are not recommended.
    http://www.health24.com/Diet-and-nut...rates-20120721
    The problem is that many of us think sugar is the only problem but dense carbohydrates like white rice, pasta, potatoes, soya and sunflower seed oil, omega 6, refined wheat breads etc are really the bad ones. In South Africa we have a major problem with diabetes because carbohydrates are cheap to buy and are aimed at the poor.

If we look at the pancreas which is the 'offending' organ then we can see that it is directly affected by the solar plexus chakra. This chakra is directly related to emotional stimulus and thus affects the organs in it's immediate surroundings. This chakra has been termed the 'astral gateway' as it is directly linked to our emotional envelope.

So emotion plays a major role in diabetes and we often hear of emotional people eating to comfort them in high emotional states.

If we consider this emotional state and what it might do to the throat chakra, which governs the thyroid gland, we might find a severe case of inhibited or arrogant expression (throat chakra) based on high or unchecked emotion and or incorrect mental ideals.
    What we do not realise is that inhibited/arrogant expression, or lack of expressing what is inside us, because we are emotionally distraught about something, or are embarrassed about something, or are too vain and or egotistical about our achievements, arrogant etc, can have major implications in the thyroid.

So these two dis-eases are clearly linked.

With love
    Ray
    Last edited by Finefeather; 4th October 2013 at 11:19.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Eram (4th October 2013)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Fine Ray, but my question remains unanswered.

Yes, those 2 diseases are linked, even science is starting to "discover" this.

However, say it is linked either through stiffled emotions or through its reverse, arrogant ones. We do agree it is linked to emotional imbalance. Diabetes and troat problems both are also linked together and to emotional imbalance.

In that case, the real bottom line problems is how to balance them, mostly if they have been stiffled since chidhood for example. And most probably from previous lifetimes too.

The imbalanced emotions have run their course, playing havoc in the body and with the soul development.

You can start by curing the body, if you can, and try to resolve the emotional build up at the same time. I must say that the latter is much more difficult to resolve, because it is much more difficult to see it for what it is. Emotional built up carry with it false beliefs, crooked values, all kinds of thing difficult to perceive unless you get out from underneath it.

Then you can meditate as much as you want, you may still not see what is damaging you. You can go to therapies over therapies and may still not have a handle on it.

The soul may have chosen the early environment, but the body (emotional and physical) does not know it. You may even be carrying part of the karma of your family. Who knows really.

Then, my question remains, in all practicality, how do you work on resolving this? I mean on a bottom day to day basis.

By the way, the case is not that hypothetical (this is sooo funny, it obviously relates to me, but this is alright).

thanks for answering me in parts Ray,

All my love to you,

======

I am not surprised that diabetes in rampant in South Africa, in view of the poor's diet for one, and the emotional build up that has been going on for at least a few centuries.
    Last edited by Flash; 4th October 2013 at 11:48.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Eram (5th October 2013)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,200 times in 1,393 posts

Neil Barnard MD on tackling diabetes through diet. Surprise surprise (again), it's vegan!

A plant-based diet will be most beneficial in tackling the cancer too.

Double whammy!!

And you get to save some animals.

Triple whammy!!!

the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (18th May 2019), Eram (5th October 2013), Flash (4th October 2013)

27. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

I can only answer you in parts. It is up to you to work out the details. I would need to be with you for a month before I would even begin to see the forces around you.
    Also as you are yourself so convinced and acceptive of these points I mentioned, it should be easy for you to work out any negativity in your attitude.
    We just need to be honest inside and the story becomes clearer.

I can see by your post that you already have ideas that some problems might be from karma of your parents...well this is not correct. This is called passing the buck
    Your environment is what you came into to resolve your problems, and you can gauge by your attitude in these communications how you feel about them.
    Karma is a personal challenge. Your environment is the learning ground.

Why don't you list all the situations and people which you find difficult to handle and start analysing your attitude. I understand well that it is difficult to accept our own errors...let alone recognise them...but if you are up against a wall then maybe you should realise that it is time to surrender to the Self.

Remember that even if it is not resolved in one life, there are many more. Don't be hasty and let your predicament create fear or anxiety in your life, because this will make it worse. You need to accept what you got with the realisation that you are now working on this. Everyone will get to or has been at these stages which we need to experience.

The path of orthodox or alternative body therapy may be just as traumatic in the end, because of all the radium and other chemo therapy and other changes you need to make physically to affect relief.

At least if you work on the consciousness aspect you will be placing the experience 'in the bank'...this you cannot loose.

With love
    Ray

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Eram (5th October 2013)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Quote I can see by your post that you already have ideas that some problems might be from karma of your parents...well this is not correct. This is called passing the buck
    Gee, I thought I was saving myself form some work expenditure!! I missed!!! lol

Going to body therapy will be to enhance my overall health habits, not the other way. No much fear up to now (strangely, except for this precise actual minute - I am usually fine).

Quote Why don't you list all the situations and people which you find difficult to handle and start analysing your attitude. I understand well that it is difficult to accept our own errors...let alone recognise them...but if you are up against a wall then maybe you should realise that it is time to surrender to the Self.
    Both avenues are good ideas, thanks.
    Last edited by Flash; 4th October 2013 at 12:45.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Eram (5th October 2013)

31. Link to Post #96
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

I recommend The Emotion Codes book and treatment. It is very simple. It quickly addresses the trapped emotions affecting the body. You don't need to delve deep. I explained this in my thread about how it gets to parents' issues etc. Well I'm just tossing it out there..if it feels right...

Warmest regards.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Constance (18th May 2019), Eram (5th October 2013), Flash (5th October 2013), RunningDeer (5th October 2013)

33. Link to Post #97
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by CdnSirian (here)
    I recommend The Emotion Codes book and treatment. It is very simple. It quickly addresses the trapped emotions affecting the body. You don't need to delve deep. I explained this in my thread about how it gets to parents' issues etc. Well I'm just tossing it out there..if it feels right...

Warmest regards.
    Thanks, CdnSirian. The demonstration below was impressive. Dr. Bradley narrowed 60 possible emotion down to "the one" in less than a minute. It reminds me of Dr. David Hawkin's muscle testing.

I’ve ordered the book: “The Emotion Code: How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love and Happiness,” by Dr. Nelson Bradley

His book received high marks from 230 customer reviews with an average of 4.5 out of 5

Emotion Code example by Dr. Nelson Bradley
    Uploaded on Jun 6, 2011

I tried to do it on myself but I failed. You should be properly trained to get results. I recommend you Charan Sudhar, UK based practitioner you can reach via SKYPE.

Here is the link: http://www.charansurdhar.com/?page_id...

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

araucaria (12th October 2013), Cognitive Dissident (17th November 2013), Eram (5th October 2013), Flash (6th October 2013), markpierre (5th October 2013), Swan (29th October 2013)

35. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

Here, thanks to Eligos in the thurpentine thread, referring me to a medical journal, I found a product taking care of thyroid cancer. Here the abstract. Also, consult the thurpentine thread, great info against cancer there.

Quote Shikonin Inhibits Thyroid Cancer Cell Growth and Invasiveness through Targeting Major Signaling Pathways.
    Yang Q, Ji M, Guan H, Shi B, Hou P.
    Source

Department of Endocrinology (Q.Y., B.Y., P.H.), The First Affiliated Hospital of Xi'an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi'an 710061, the People's Republic of China; Center for Translational Medicine (M.J.), The First Affiliated Hospital of Xi'an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi'an 710061, the People's Republic of China; Central Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism (H.G.), The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, the People's Republic of China.
    Abstract

Context:Shikonin, which is an active naphthoquinone isolated from traditional Chinese herbal medicine Zi Cao, has been recently developed to use as an antitumor agent in colorectal cancer, melanoma, leukemia, breast cancer, and hepatocellular cancer. However, its antitumor effect in thyroid cancer remains largely unknown.Objectives:The aim of the study was to test the therapeutic potential of shikonin for thyroid cancer and explore the mechanisms underlying antitumor effects of shikonin.Experimental Design:We examined the effects of shikonin on proliferation, cell cycle, apoptosis, migration, invasion and xenograft tumor growth in thyroid cancer cells and the effect of shikonin on proliferation of primary thyroid cancer cells.Results:Shikonin inhibited thyroid cancer cell proliferation in a dose- and time-dependent manner and induced cell cycle arrest. Moreover, shikonin induced cell apoptosis through reactive oxygen species (ROS)-mediated DNA damage and the activation of p53 signaling pathway. Our data also showed that shikonin dramatically inhibited thyroid cancer cell migration and invasion by suppressing epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and downregulating expression of Slug, MMP-2, -9 and -14. Further elucidation of the mechanisms involved revealed that shikonin markedly repressed the phosphorylation of Erk and Akt, and activated the p16/Rb pathway in thyroid cancer cells. Growth of xenograft tumors derived from thyroid cancer cell line FTC133 in nude mice was significantly inhibited by shikonin. Importantly, we did not find the effect of shikonin on liver function in mice.Conclusion:We for the first time demonstrated that shikonin is a potentially effective antitumor agent for thyroid cancers.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24106286

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Eram (19th October 2013)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

another substance from the medical journal - the treatments exit, they are just not publicized

Quote Rosuvastatin induces apoptosis in cultured human papillary thyroid cancer cells.
    Zeybek ND, Gulcelik NE, Kaymaz FF, Sarisozen C, Vural I, Bodur E, Canpinar H, Usman A, Asan E.
    Source

Departments of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey. dilaraz@hacettepe.edu.tr
    Abstract

Statins show antiproliferative activity in various cancer cells. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of rosuvastatin treatment on papillary thyroid carcinoma. The papillary thyroid carcinoma (B-CPAP) and normal (Nthy-ori 3-1) thyroid cell lines were treated with rosuvastatin at 12.5, 18.5, 25, 50, 100, and 200 μM concentrations. After 48 and 72 h of rosuvastatin treatment, 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyl tetrazolium bromide, Ki-67 immunolabeling, FACS analysis, electron microscopy, caspase-3, and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase-mediated dUTP nick end-labeling (TUNEL) analysis were performed. Decreased cell viability and G1 phase arrest were detected in papillary thyroid cell line treated with rosuvastatin. Positive immunoreactivity of Ki-67 and dose-dependent increase in S phase on Nthy-ori 3-1 cells were also detected. B-CPAP cells showed intense vacuolisation and autophagosomes with low concentrations and 48 h incubations, while Nthy-ori 3-1 cells showed these changes at higher concentrations. A decrease in the percentage of cells showing autophagy was determined with increasing concentrations of rosuvastatin in B-CPAP cells. Rosuvastatin treatment also caused a dose- and time-dependent increase in caspase-3 activity and apoptotic index by TUNEL assay in B-CPAP cells compared with the Nthy-ori 3-1 cells. Apoptotic cells with nuclear condensation and fragmentation were observed in B-CPAP cell line. Rosuvastatin induced autophagic changes in B-CPAP papillary thyroid cancer cells in lower doses and caused a shift from autophagy to apoptosis. Rosuvastatin may be an alternative treatment for refractory papillary thyroid cancer. Further in vivo studies are necessary to clarify the effects of rosuvastatin in papillary thyroid carcinoma and the clinical implications of rosuvastatin treatment.

© 2011 Society for Endocrinology

PMID:
    [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Free full text http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21478229

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Eram (19th October 2013)

39. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Do not take iodine when taking any revestratol (grape or turpentine) because it enhance the iodine trapping - you may end up with overdosing.

Quote Abstract
    BACKGROUND:

Resveratrol, a polyphenol found in grapes, exhibits several beneficial health effects by its antioxidant, antiinflammatory, and chemopreventive properties. The aim of the present study was to determine the effect of resveratrol on iodide trapping and efflux as well as its mode of action using FRTL-5 cells, having in mind the pivotal role of the natrium iodide symporter (NIS) in the treatment of differentiated thyroid cancers.
    METHODS:

Cells were treated with resveratrol for various times and doses, in the presence or absence of thyrotropin (TSH). Iodide trapping, iodide efflux, rat NIS (rNIS) protein expression, and cyclic AMP (cAMP) production were evaluated.
    RESULTS:

Resveratrol increased iodide trapping in a time-dependent (optimal 6 hours) and dose-dependent (100 microM) way in the presence of TSH. It showed an additive effect when concomitantly added with an optimal dose of TSH. Resveratrol (50 microM) increased (threefold) rNIS protein expression. In TSH-deprived cells, resveratrol also provoked an increase in rNIS protein (>3-fold in 6 hours) with an optimum at 40 microM. Resveratrol did not inhibit iodide efflux from FRTL-5 cells. It neither increased intracellular cAMP nor induced the arborization of living cells, two TSH-induced effects. A non-cAMP mode of action is highly suspected.
    CONCLUSIONS:

Resveratrol increases iodide trapping in FRTL-5 cells, increasing iodide influx and rNIS protein level even in the absence of TSH. It has an additive effect with TSH. Consequently, resveratrol could be a promising molecule for radioiodide therapy in follicular and papillary differentiated thyroid carcinoma in association with recombinant human TSH.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20151827

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Taking reverstratol my help to solve thyroid cancer problems

Quote Resveratrol and its impact on aging and thyroid function.
    Duntas LH.
    Source

Endocrine Unit, Evgenidion Hospital, University of Athens, Athens, Greece. ledunt@otenet.gr
    Abstract

Resveratrol, the naturally occurring polyphenolic compound characterized by anti-oxidative, anti-inflammatory and apoptotic properties, appears to contribute substantially to cardioprotection and cancer-prevention. In addition, resveratrol is believed to regulate several biological processes, mainly metabolism and aging, by modulating the mammalian silent information regulator 1 (SIRT1) of the sirtuin family. Resveratrol may arrest, among various tumors, cell growth in both papillary and follicular thyroid cancer by activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signal transduction pathway as well as increase of p53 and its phosphorylation. Finally, resveratrol also influences thyroid function by enhancing iodide trapping and, by increasing TSH secretion via activation of sirtuins and the phosphatidylinositol- 4-phosphate 5 kinase γ (PIP5Kγ) pathway, positively affects metabolism.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21946130

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Eram (19th October 2013), Kristin (27th October 2013), sheme (12th October 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast