Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice on mobile phone mast?

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,076 times in 869 posts

Default Advice on mobile phone mast?

Hi guys I'm just after some advice, I'd be grateful for any input.
    For the past week I've had an awful headache, no amount of tablets can shift it, it wanes then increases. Its not unusual for me, I get a lot of headaches, but not for such prolonged periods of time. Ive also had sleep disturbances and been feeling very edgy.
    Im very sensitive to atmospheric changes and electric, I cant sleep properly with the phone switched on near me or a radio alarm in the room and can hear electric

Anyway early today Ive drove past the top of my street and spotted one of these shiney new micro telephone masts. Ive not been this way for a week...
    Im doing the maths and working out it must have been erected as my headache started.

Ive only experienced this once before staying with family, who we're about 200mtr from a huge mast, I had constant headaches, sleep issues and felt on edge then too.

This new mast is exactly 148 metres from my house.

I know it could be a coincidence, but as we know these masts arent exactly beacons of health to us, is there anything I can do to minimise health implications for me and my children?

We're already in motion for a move, but it could be a while, so for the remainder of time we're stuck here has anyone any advice?

Thankyou fellow Avalonians
    Last edited by Sérénité; 1st September 2013 at 20:34.
    💫 🌎 If you can see through the illusion,
    you are part of the solution 🌍 💫

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

GaelVictor (1st September 2013), ghostrider (1st September 2013), greybeard (1st September 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Advice on mobile phone mast?

Can you get a picture for me?

In Calgary we had new MW masts go up every km or so in a grid across our city a few years ago. Energetically, the city has not been the same since. I can really feel when I travel out of the city for vacation, then back again. Curious if they might be the same type/style.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Sérénité (4th September 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi DeDukshyn its night time here but I can try take a picture tomoro. There isnt many (noticeable ones) round here. The ones that have been up a while caused outcry in our small village and were petitioned against, but none the less were granted anyway. These others are both 850 and 1200 metres away, so further than the 400 metre recommended distance from us.
    This new one is on a housing estate and 250 metres from a school. Coverage was fine here already, its not needed.
    Let me see can I find a pic online of the same one...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st September 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

ok this picture is the nearest on the web I can find to resemble it, except the one near me is only about 6/7ft high, it looks like a normal street lamp, without the lamp and smaller!

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You may want to look into orgone generators -- simple devices, many people swear by their effectiveness if made properly.

BTW I can't see the pic.

Edit: can see it now.

I bet those two electrical boxes are new as well. It looks like an amplified antenna - although really small. That is strange.

Do check into those orgone generators, and try to notice if more of these go up. I woulds try to contact the city officials and get info on exactly who owns that and what it is -- you may be able to determine it's "danger" level based on that and if it is indeed the source of your headaches. If you can make a link, make a plea to the city about public safety.

Usually there's little that will actually be done at the end of the day, but if you can find others feeling the same way as you, that is a start.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st September 2013 at 21:00.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

10. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks DeDukshyn I will look into these orgone generators you have mentioned.
    The image above is one I have googled, not the one near me. But I will get a photo of the actual one tomorrow and post it here.
    These masts are so discreet that you wouldn't notice it if you wasn't paying attention. It's literally identical to our local street lights, but a third of the size and no light on.

That's a good idea, I'm going to ring the council tomorrow morning and find out more.

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

my wife, myself, my son who lives down the street, and many others the past two days , have had terrible headaches ... I been suspect of these towers , since I have noticed them everywhere, mostly three within 100ft of each other... each have their own mini power station along with a fence , no markings, they seen to have popped up everywhere... I find new ones everytime I drive to work ... it is my opinion that these are MORE than just cell towers ... yesterday all of us that were outside for three hrs or so , all of us are kinda ill today ... it's never been all of us together falling a little ill ... I noticed last week , many co-workers in diverse areas in town , all were fighting severe headaches ... raising your thinking ( vibration) the body will reject it at the begining , but it could be a change in frequency that is the culprit ... all part of the new time, we are adjusting to new energies from our fusion star , as we are not shielded from the dust cloud or spiral arm of our milkyway ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Hi Serenite,

You may be one of those people who are susceptible to EM radiation. Ask around and see when the mast was installed - people nearby should know, although installation and start of operation are unlikely to be on the same day.

As an RF engineer, I have no idea what an 'amplified antenna' is; (post #5) or what could give that impression as the antennas are covered. An antenna cannot amplify. It has directional gain which may be confusing to the non-technical.

In the UK we have (had?) some law that states no cell-phone tower should be installed within 200 metres of a school. I have no idea what research this apparently arbitrary rule is based upon. It sounds to me like a platitude to those who think it's harmful - it may be - but I've seen cell-phone masts within just a few metres of schools and homes in developing countries. OK, so the public there have neither the knowledge nor clout to object, but by now any health effects should be showing. They are living in an unwitting experiment. They should be providing data by now, one way or the other...

There are some on this forum who believe the masts are dangerous. I don't think there is sufficient evidence yet to suggest they are, but I'm open to being proved wrong in the future. But what most people who have a cell phone don't realise (or choose to ignore) is the fact that the further away a mast is, the more power your phone must transmit to reach the more distant mast.

Do you want a mast just 300 metres away so your phone only puts a tiny fraction of a watt into your head to reach the mast, or do you want the mast miles away in a 'safe' place but your phone has to transmit 1 to 4 watts (much of it directly into your head) to reach the more distant mast?

If you understand the inverse-square-law you'll realise that a mast 300 metres away radiating say 100 watts will give you much, MUCH less 'radiation' than a 1 watt phone pressed against your head.

(Remember that very little signal is radiated downwards from such a mast. It would be a waste of power; it's radiated horizontally to where its needed.)

As for orgone generators I should check out peer-reviewed research into their efficacy before paying for one. Or research how to make your own for a fraction of the price.

Sorry to blind the non-technical with figures, but I think it's information that should be aired for consideration.

Nick

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd September 2013), Demeisen (2nd September 2013), Sérénité (4th September 2013)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Spiral of Light's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 times in 163 posts

Quote Posted by Sérénité (here)
    We're already in motion for a move, but it could be a while, so for the remainder of time we're stuck here has anyone any advice?

Hello Serenite, so sorry to hear how the cell tower is effecting you. Since you are planning a move, you might look into using Orgone or Orgonite here: http://www.orgonite.info/what-is-orgonite.html

It can be used in small pieces and devices that could be moved along with you when you leave. You can also arrange it near electronics in the home for protection from scattered electromagnetic energy.

I have purchased some from the Crofts and I have also made some myself with the simple directions you can find online. I use them with good results around my home and property for protection from the cell tower which is nearby. Lots of folks have found that it really works.

Hope it works for you.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiral of Light For This Post:

17. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Hi Serenite,

You may be one of those people who are susceptible to EM radiation. Ask around and see when the mast was installed - people nearby should know, although installation and start of operation are unlikely to be on the same day.

As an RF engineer, I have no idea what an 'amplified antenna' is; (post #5) or what could give that impression as the antennas are covered. An antenna cannot amplify. It has directional gain which may be confusing to the non-technical.

In the UK we have (had?) some law that states no cell-phone tower should be installed within 200 metres of a school. I have no idea what research this apparently arbitrary rule is based upon. It sounds to me like a platitude to those who think it's harmful - it may be - but I've seen cell-phone masts within just a few metres of schools and homes in developing countries. OK, so the public there have neither the knowledge nor clout to object, but by now any health effects should be showing. They are living in an unwitting experiment. They should be providing data by now, one way or the other...

There are some on this forum who believe the masts are dangerous. I don't think there is sufficient evidence yet to suggest they are, but I'm open to being proved wrong in the future. But what most people who have a cell phone don't realise (or choose to ignore) is the fact that the further away a mast is, the more power your phone must transmit to reach the more distant mast.

Do you want a mast just 300 metres away so your phone only puts a tiny fraction of a watt into your head to reach the mast, or do you want the mast miles away in a 'safe' place but your phone has to transmit 1 to 4 watts (much of it directly into your head) to reach the more distant mast?

If you understand the inverse-square-law you'll realise that a mast 300 metres away radiating say 100 watts will give you much, MUCH less 'radiation' than a 1 watt phone pressed against your head.

(Remember that very little signal is radiated downwards from such a mast. It would be a waste of power; it's radiated horizontally to where its needed.)

As for orgone generators I should check out peer-reviewed research into their efficacy before paying for one. Or research how to make your own for a fraction of the price.

Sorry to blind the non-technical with figures, but I think it's information that should be aired for consideration.

Nick
    Amplified antenna -- sends rather than receives ... requires special electrical considerations hence the two electrical boxes? Kinda obvious? Sorry since I am not an expert maybe there is no difference, please enlighten us??!

I am under the impression from my friend who has been a ham radio user for his whole life that antennas can either send or receive signals and that the strength of a signal sent relies on amplification of this signal (requiring external power), but who knows, maybe he didn't know anything and I am wrong. He had a 10,000 watt signal amplifier for his personal antenna erected in his yard, but maybe it was fake and all for show, who knows.

I do agree with making your own orgone generator as opposed to buying one -- they can be pricey and there's many out there just to make a buck off anyone, these can be easily made.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 2nd September 2013 at 01:39.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Amplified antenna -- sends rather than receives ... requires special electrical considerations hence the two electrical boxes? Kinda obvious? Sorry since I am not an expert maybe there is no difference, please enlighten us??!

I am under the impression from my friend who has been a ham radio user for his whole life that antennas can either send or receive signals and that the strength of a signal sent relies on amplification of this signal (requiring external power), but who knows, maybe he didn't know anything and I am wrong. He had a 10,000 watt signal amplifier for his personal antenna erected in his yard, but maybe it was fake and all for show, who knows.
    DeDudshyn,

Yes, indeed all (well very nearly all) antennas can receive as well as transmit on the frequencies for which they are designed. To transmit, the antenna is fed with an RF signal which comes from an RF amplifier which is a box of electronics usually adjacent to the antenna. To receive, the weak signal comes from the antenna and is amplified by another kind of RF amplifier.

(Perhaps my disagreeing with your description 'amplified antenna' was unnecessarily pedantic!)

You and your radio ham friend are right, both RF-power transmit amplifiers and weak RF-signal receive amplifiers require battery or mains power.

But an antenna can have gain without an amplifier, which of course is a very useful way of designing them.

For example, you can design and omni-directional antenna that transmits 1000 watts equally in all directions. If this is located in the middle of a city this may be what you want. On the other hand, if the transmitter is located on the coast, having half the power go out to sea would be a waste, so the antenna can be designed to beam the wasted 500 watts beamed back in land.

And this works on received signals; you can see this on any TV antenna. The 'beam' - usually 10 to 30 degrees wide - must be pointing towards the TV transmitter to get the greatest signal.

It is relatively easy to design an antenna working above say 30 MHz to have a gain of 10 or more in one direction. So if you feed the transmitter with 1000 watts, all the power can be focussed into one direction, giving an effective power in that direction of 10,000 watts. This is almost certainly what your ham radio friend is doing as I don't think the FCC or ARRL permit amateur/ham radio transmitter amplifier powers above 1500 watts - so lets hope his claim of 10,000 watts is, er, an exaggeration...

Regards,

Nick

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd September 2013)

21. Link to Post #12
    Australia Avalon Member wolf_rt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 418 posts

Nick, there is definitely evidence that EM exposure is harmful, its just not been agreed upon to what degree.

If nothing else, the schumann resonance had been demonstrated to improve mental health, and the EM radiation in cities completely drowns this out.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolf_rt For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd September 2013), DeDukshyn (5th September 2013), Sérénité (4th September 2013)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wolf_rt (here)
    Nick, there is definitely evidence that EM exposure is harmful, its just not been agreed upon to what degree.

If nothing else, the schumann resonance had been demonstrated to improve mental health, and the EM radiation in cities completely drowns this out.
    Indeed, exposure to EM radiation can be very dangerous, which is why the broadcast and telecoms industry have maximum field strengths in which their engineers can safely work on live, operational transmitting equipment; the main ill effects being heating the body, or parts of the body. But this is thousands of times higher than the public would experience by wi-fi, phones, smart meters, etc.

I agree that in future there may be ill effects discovered on the body/mind caused by long-term, low-level exposure on some susceptible people, but I'm not yet convinced.

The Schumann Resonances (the natural electromagnetic resonances of the earth/ionosphere cavity energised by lightning strikes) is and a field in which I am interested. This is an EXTREMELY weak background signal on EXTREMELY low frequencies of about 7.3 Hz and harmonics.

Most reports on its effects on human health are posted on conspiracy sites - not known for their scientific rigour - but I found one interesting paper here which at first glance at least seems to be written by someone with scientific credentials, and the paper has an extensive list of references - always a good sign! I will read it.

Regards,

Nick

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

25. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have coincidentally fell into the subject these last few days... I found a site that gives some practical steps to reduce your exposure to anything related to EMF. Here is the link:

http://www.emfwise.com/precautions.php

If you already are sensitive enough to the point you cannot tolerate a radio alarm in your bedroom, ultimately moving would be the wiser solution IMO.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Elly For This Post:

27. Link to Post #15
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Hello,

Well, first, you should watch the excelent documentary called "Resonance=Beings of Frequency".

I´m aware that correlation does not necessarily imply causation, however, an alarming number of people diagnosed with cancer live close to cellphone masts...Such statistics are becoming too scary to be neglected.

Anyway, watch the documentary. It´s worth it.

Cheers,

Raf.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Muzz (2nd September 2013), Sérénité (4th September 2013), wolf_rt (3rd September 2013)

29. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thankyou for all the input. There has been two of these pillars erected close by recently.
    Ive rang the council but have been pushed from department to department, all of which deny it being in their departments dealings.

Ive took this picture of one, the other is exactly the same only about 4 feet taller, they have both been put up in residential areas, both located next to very dense wooded areas, so I am wondering are they some sort of boosters???

It looks exactly like the base of a street light, except its not! Ive used an app called Open Signal which locates your nearest cell towers, give or take a hundred feet, these two pillars are on the radar so to speak!

One is between a high school and primary school, within 250 metres of both, the other is about 200 metres from a nursery. There is a vast amount of green belt and farmers land around here, signal is good previously, putting these things here is nonsensical.

Last edited by Sérénité; 4th September 2013 at 09:39.

30. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    You may want to look into orgone generators -- simple devices, many people swear by their effectiveness if made properly.
    Thankyou DeDukshyn, I am going to have a good read up on these before committing to a purchase

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    they seen to have popped up everywhere... I find new ones everytime I drive to work ... it is my opinion that these are MORE than just cell towers
    I agree Ghostrider, once you start looking they are everywhere, more so recently they are popping up at an alarming rate

31. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Hi Serenite,

Nick
    Thanks Nick, yes I think that is correct, sleep, dreams and general well being is completely different in a negative way with excess appliances switched on around me, strip lighting induces instant migraines, I cant listen to radios for long periods of time and my phone has to be away from me.
    Would you have any idea why some are more susceptible to EM radiation than others?

I completely understand your data regarding a mast further away makes the watt output significantly higher directed to your brain, this makes a lot of sense, what im unsure of it that these new masts we are seeing locally round here are all fairly small in stature, an average of 7ft-10ft in height. So any signal being radiated horizontally will be at house /building level?

There has been a lot of petitioning around here against the very large masts. Thats all gone quiet and we only have one large central one, but now these smaller ones (which incidentally dont need planning permission I have been told) have started appearing around the circumference of the larger one.

Is it possible these are some sort of booster masts? In your experience, would this be plausible? I have used an app to locate local towers and this is pinging them to be in pretty much the exact areas these pillars have been erected.

Many thanks Nick

32. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spiral of Light (here)
    Quote Posted by Sérénité (here)

Hello Serenite, so sorry to hear how the cell tower is effecting you. Since you are planning a move, you might look into using Orgone or Orgonite here: http://www.orgonite.info/what-is-orgonite.html

It can be used in small pieces and devices that could be moved along with you when you leave. You can also arrange it near electronics in the home for protection from scattered electromagnetic energy.

I have purchased some from the Crofts and I have also made some myself with the simple directions you can find online. I use them with good results around my home and property for protection from the cell tower which is nearby. Lots of folks have found that it really works.

Hope it works for you.
    Much appreciated Spiral of Light! I am looking at orgonite jewellery on ebay, would this work as equally well day to day do you think?

33. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wolf_rt (here)

Thanks Wolf_RT Im very interested in the schumann resonance also, i think without it running at the correct frequency, nothing is growing, evolving or working at its natural function.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast