+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: What do you like about Avalon? A reason to value differently...

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 times in 370 posts

Default Re: What do you like about Avalon? A reason to value differently...

Because we're all one ,birds of a feather flock together .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

Christine (6th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (5th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

I distinctly remember the time not-so-long-ago when I came across the forum, searching for some information. I don't remember the exact subject, but I do remember getting inside the Horus Ra thread (I think), and being quite surprised to read all the information inside. It was a bit of a strange experience, but definitely there was also the feeling of a more personal connection vibrating.

Not long after that encounter, I applied to become a member, and my application was rejected. (insert smiley here)

For good or bad, I became a member few days after.
    Before that I've had a very brief experience on a forum about rem0te v!ew!ng, and that would sum up my attempts at internet/online socializing.

With that brief introduction, I can say I have had a fair share of a variety of experiences staying around.

I have entertained the idea of requesting an un-subscription on one (or two) occasions.
    But ever since I managed to get to know myself from the inside out some years back, I tend to give myself the leverage of a few days to let emotions settle down, and reconsider my true motives.

(I would only hope we all get to do than on occasion.)

And why should any of the above matter?
    Because if it wasn't for knowing where to look for my answers, I wouldn't be around at present.

I sometimes joke with my anti-social tendency to avoid people, but in fact in real life I am considered quite the opposite, not because I am a good actor/ actress, but because I genuinely tend to see people for who they are, and manage to find the right feel of love for them (in me), because of who they are.
    That is the reason why I will stay around for a little longer, and than for a little longer after that.

Strangely, I found this thread today (searching for something completely different), after I managed to get a bit unsettled yesterday, for being part of a forum where people sometimes seem to value quantity over quality.

- I value the forum for all the members, with some of whom I have a very real friendship and connection;
    - for the team of moderators, and all of their support and presence, when necessary;

- and for Bill, who made it possible for all of us to get to meet and stay here; exchange ideas; grow up, or get down-to-earth; get inspired, or a bit angry (at one another); and for paying that monthly bill (I did not know a few of the financial sides until today). I have felt compelled to donate on few occasions, which I have done, even without actually knowing that someone might need that extra bit of money.

- That is not to say that I don't get to expand my worldview, or change my understanding about different sides of life, people and situations being logged in, or staying a bit on the outside of the forum.

~~~

With the above unnatural for me personal revealings, I only would hope that we will manage to keep the forum a place for valuable and uncensored exchange of information.

I would also hope that we get to initiate conversations (and a process of learning) that would be considered balanced, open-minded and truthful, keeping in mind that Avalon has been viewed and visited for its 'quality over quantity', and as a source of information (rather than dis-information).
    Whenever emotions or fire starts to prevail I hope we will manage to not-battle with one-another, or to insist on proving who is right over who is wrong.

This forum has a face and has a heart. And those two are made of everyone's contribution, face and fire, who truly want to be a part of a larger concept of (social and not only) life.

It also represents to a certain extend Bill's face, and contribution to the outside/inside world at present, so I hope we get to remember that as well.

{ Whenever in doubt, it might be a good idea to scroll above and look at the larger picture. }

Last edited by chocolate; 14th March 2014 at 12:32.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Franny (11th July 2019), Gardener (14th March 2014), Limor Wolf (14th March 2014), RunningDeer (14th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Everything: the amazing diversity and creativity of ideas, info and mind exercising, the challenge of sometimes polaric opposites of opinion,... quite simply, the sharing.
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 14th March 2014 at 12:35.

6. Link to Post #44
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

Maybe about the right time to give this a bump...

7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Anchor (13th July 2019), avid (11th July 2019), Constance (11th July 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th July 2019), Ernie Nemeth (11th July 2019), Franny (11th July 2019), Jayke (11th July 2019), Mike (11th July 2019), petra (12th July 2019), PurpleLama (12th July 2019), Rosemarie (11th July 2019), Tintin (11th July 2019), ulli (11th July 2019), Wind (12th July 2019)

8. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,782 times in 2,666 posts

Stoically trying to put everything to rights, ups and downs, but still here.

Wishing folk wouldn’t go on and on and on needlessly just to maintain some pov which has been discussed-to-death ages ago, now almost calmed down/sorted, just to be seen, please, give it a rest - Move on.... You know who you are, valued members who are wasting yourselves when bigger issues to be debated/found.

Looking forward to new pages being turned, even more fascinating subjects to be discussed.
    Last edited by avid; 11th July 2019 at 18:17.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Billy (12th July 2019), Constance (11th July 2019), Ernie Nemeth (12th July 2019), Franny (11th July 2019), Jayke (11th July 2019), Rosemarie (11th July 2019), Wind (12th July 2019)

10. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    Maybe about the right time to give this a bump...
    Quality bump. I liked reading my post - ha ha, I think I was more serious back then!
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (12th July 2019), meeradas (14th July 2019), petra (12th July 2019), PurpleLama (12th July 2019), Wind (12th July 2019)

12. Link to Post #47
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

What I value the most on PA is hearing about other people's experiences. They're priceless.
    I can only think like myself... (ha)... and so other people's point of view is very valuable to me!

Huge fan of Bill here too

I've heard message forums can be avenues of attack by hyper-dimensional forces, and in my experience, this is a reality!
    So what do I do next? Sign up to PA... that's what.

Bring it on, forces,... we're ready!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

meeradas (14th July 2019), Wind (12th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3