+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy birthday to musician, composer, and Pink Floyd co-founder, Roger Waters, who turns 70 years old today!

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Default Happy birthday to musician, composer, and Pink Floyd co-founder, Roger Waters, who turns 70 years old today!

Happy birthday to musician, composer, and Pink Floyd co-founder, Roger Waters, who turns 70 years old today!

Waters was the band's principal songwriter who created the blockbuster concept albums Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and The Wall, which racked up sales in excess of 250 million albums worldwide.

I know that band sure influenced a generation, and I personally use to enjoy tripping while listening to their music

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Azt (7th September 2013), CD7 (7th September 2013), Chip (7th September 2013), Fred Steeves (7th September 2013), ghostrider (7th September 2013), Ioneo (7th September 2013), Jackson (7th September 2013), Nanoo Nanoo (7th September 2013), naste.de.lumina (7th September 2013), robinr1 (7th September 2013), Snookie (7th September 2013), tcjim1 (7th September 2013), WhiteFeather (7th September 2013), Wind (7th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Default Re: Happy birthday to musician, composer, and Pink Floyd co-founder, Roger Waters, who turns 70 years old today!

hey , comfortably numb is my anthem ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Fred Steeves (7th September 2013), naste.de.lumina (7th September 2013), tcjim1 (7th September 2013), Vitalux (7th September 2013), WhiteFeather (7th September 2013), Wind (7th September 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

Default Re: Happy birthday to musician, composer, and Pink Floyd co-founder, Roger Waters, who turns 70 years old today!

The best show of my life.
    Thank you Roger

6. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)
    I know that band sure influenced a generation, and I personally use to enjoy tripping while listening to their music
    Tell me about it. A young and impressionable 17 year old Freddie would never be the same after listening to, and memorizing the "Dark Side Of The Moon" album one fateful night. Over and over and over it played...(LOL)

Come to think of it, damn, that was 30 years ago now!

"And then one day you find, 30 years have gone behind you".

Happy birthday Roger, and thank you!

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,975 times in 5,652 posts

Default Brain Damage

Welcome to the Machine.....My Anthem.
    Someone please post it. Im having difficulty doing it. I think I might have a slight hint of brain damage. Shine on you crazy diamonds.

https://youtube.com/results?searc...machine&page=2
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 7th September 2013 at 12:03.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Fred Steeves (7th September 2013), ghostrider (7th September 2013), tcjim1 (7th September 2013)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

a summer night filled with stars , high school years, a hot chick from texas, a little tj-swan ( cheap Wine ), and pink floyd in the background was an experience I carry to this day ... it was spiritual ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Fred Steeves (7th September 2013)

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

The Wall is by far my favorite album of all time.
    Amazing, I still get chills.
    And for me, it let me know that somebody else out there saw the world the same way I did.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Fred Steeves (7th September 2013), ghostrider (8th September 2013)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,156 times in 8,310 posts

I went with a friend to see them in Birmingham ( England) during the 'Animals' tour.

I had a shock when I got in there and saw an open floor space with no seating for the audience. We had to look around for a clear spot to plonk ourselves down on the floor for the show. During the show, search lights roamed up and down over the audience. And, of course, there was that inflatable pig.

There was a strange atmosphere there and I went home not fully convinced I'd had a good time. Many years later I read or heard somewhere that the band were not speaking to each other at that time. Waters and Gilmore had separate facilities out the back.

I've always been amazed by Roger's lyrical genius. His razor cutting sharpness and his sense of humor, that keep getting better as the years go by.

There are very few of the big stars of his generation left that haven't been nobbled by the Queen for a knighthood or something or other. I can't admire a rock hero who caves in to the Queen like that, and I loose all interest in them instantly.

Happy birthday Roger, and may you always be forever young.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member tcjim1's Avatar
    Thanks

Gotta Love the Dark Side of the Moon.....

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcjim1 For This Post:

17. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

Groovy, happy b-day dude!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Fred Steeves (7th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread